10 Pages123>>Next
 7 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:05:37 AM(UTC)
You know the basics of Forza Motorsport 6 – 450+ amazing ForzaVista cars to drive, explore, and customize; 26 tracks that include the best real-world racing circuits in the world. Genre-defining physics and vehicle dynamics, plus new driving conditions like rain racing and night racing. Great multiplayer features like hoppers and Rivals mode, as well as our brand new Leagues system designed to make the most of Forza 6’s 24-car multiplayer experience.

All of these features are integral to the biggest Forza Motorsport game yet. Today, we’re going to turn the spotlight towards a couple of newly added features that promise to bring a new level of challenge and fun to Forza 6: our prize system and our Mods feature.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_mods

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:25:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza EMEA Community Manager
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:30:50 AM(UTC)
Not sure what I think of this feature, could be interesting. Glad it appears to be optional as well.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:37:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: emorphien Go to Quoted Post
Not sure what I think of this feature, could be interesting. Glad it appears to be optional as well.

Exactly my reaction too :-/

It'll be an interesting experiment, most likely, until the mod achievements are done, and then ignored as mods dirty your lap time.

Hmm ...
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:37:51 AM(UTC)
Looks cool.

Would it not make more sense to have a Rivals league with and without mods? Rather than just classing them as "dirty" laps? That way, you could add a lot more challenge to get the absolute best and absolute maximum out of an event with modifiers, seems a bit silly to leave it out when you could easily have a stock rivals and a mod rivals events/leaderboards.
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:38:33 AM(UTC)
This seems like a ripe option to add microtransactions after launch for mod booster packs; 1 guaranteed rare per pack etc. I'm glad they're optional too and can't be used for rivals or online.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:42:50 AM(UTC)
I like the Prize Spin feature in Forza Horizon 2, glad to see that continue.

Regarding Mods however I have a question; how do you obtain them?

It is mentioned in the article that you can win a few via Prize Spins but how are the others obtained? Is it through Career Mode unlocks or do they have to be bought with CR for example?
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:44:05 AM(UTC)
Spins nice!
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:44:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

It is mentioned in the article that you can win a few via Prize Spins but how are the others obtained? Is it through Career Mode unlocks or do they have to be bought with CR for example?

You can buy them with credits, there are different tiers of mod packs you can purchase too. The more expensive ones having a better chance of containing rarer mods, dares, etc.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:48:46 AM(UTC)
PJ - it says they can be purchased in-game with CR.

Odd that none of the screenshots show a mod that isn't at least 'rare' ...
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:52:52 AM(UTC)
Thanks for considering how mods may effect leaderboards.

Not sure if I really want to use mods though. I already run no assists and have no interest in artificially boosting my car's ability.

I'll wait and see how much things cost in game and may use mods as a tool to stack credits.

Starting dead last is the only one so far that I can myself using if the drivatars are too easy. Overall, interesting feature and a nice attempt to bring some fun to single player.
 5 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:55:25 AM(UTC)
Casual gamer will love it!
Now the hardcore gamer will hate!
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:56:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post

You can buy them with credits, there are different tiers of mod packs you can purchase too. The more expensive ones having a better chance of containing rarer mods, dares, etc.

I presume only the One-Time use Mods will be available in packs in duplicate and not the "Unlimited Use" ones if you already obtained them?

#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:57:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post

For credits in the game very well.
Bad move would be to introduce something like this for $.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:02:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post
Looks cool.

Would it not make more sense to have a Rivals league with and without mods? Rather than just classing them as "dirty" laps? That way, you could add a lot more challenge to get the absolute best and absolute maximum out of an event with modifiers, seems a bit silly to leave it out when you could easily have a stock rivals and a mod rivals events/leaderboards.

Kinda pointless. Most leaderboards you have to run limited or no assists to get the best possible time. Only thing that'll be different is if the mod boosts the car's ability or forces people to drop TCS, but overall the leaderboard results would be the same.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:11:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MemoryKillGG Go to Quoted Post
Looks cool.

Kinda pointless. Most leaderboards you have to run limited or no assists to get the best possible time. Only thing that'll be different is if the mod boosts the car's ability or forces people to drop TCS, but overall the leaderboard results would be the same.

Some of the mods boost the performance of the car. There is a grip mod, a brake mod and an engine mod; all of which give the car better performance, so you definitely do not want modded laps mixed with regular clean laps. I don't know if they really need a separate leaderboard, just mark them as dirty as they shouldn't really count. It's no different than cutting a corner or drafting another car.
 5 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:16:48 AM(UTC)
This modding idea seems to be pretty idiotic.
It would fit into the more arcade-ish Horizon franchise but not into Forza Motorsport.
Is it really optional? And do we still have the old system of car mods?

Best example of how bad these mods are: Ghost – Your car has no collisions for the first lap of this race.
Really? This is so sad for a game which wants to be realistic and challenging.
Forza-Achievements: 922 / 923 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
 5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:23:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post

It's a Single Player feature so if you don't like it you don't have to use it, and whether other people use it or not won't affect you.

I'll use it for Achievements but since I drive with all assists off anyway I may keep a few of them permanently enabled in order to get more CR.

Quote:
And do we still have the old system of car mods?

If you're on about upgrades and tuning they're in the game as always.
If you're on about the traditional form of getting additional CR for not using certain assists we don't know but I suspect this Mod system is the natural successor to that.

Quote:
Best example of how bad these mods are: Ghost – Your car has no collisions for the first lap of this race.

Then don't use it, nobody's forcing you :)

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:24:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo correction.

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:24:36 AM(UTC)
Helios?
2x player reward acceleration VIP on spins will?
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:27:16 AM(UTC)
Nice to have some more detail about the game but can't help but feel that this whole mods feature answers a question that nobody was asking...

Not against the prize grid (as this is essentially an adaptation of leveling rewards in previous FM games, gift car etc.), but as someone previously said I'm not too interested in artificial performance boosts (and their impacts) for my cars.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:30:18 AM(UTC)
It would fit into the more arcade-ish Horizon franchise but not into Forza Motorsport.

Then don't use it. Problem solved.

Mods give users the ability to customize career as they like. I see no problem with that.

If there's a mod that reduces the ability of my car, you better believe I'm going to use it. Wouldn't you since you like a challenge?
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:30:55 AM(UTC)

If you're speaking of bonus Cr for using no assists, then yes, the story confirms that there will still be bonuses for this.

The prize spin thing is 100% GOLD, Jerry. GOLD. #bania

I love that they've brought this back to Motorsport, as it was a major perk for me in FM4. However: the article doesn't appear to mention that you'll earn cars for winning races/series, just for levelling up, which is too bad. And while I don't fully understand how it works, the "prize selection" system seems pretty nifty; reminds me of countless hours playing GT3, and hitting "X" at just the right time that the silhouette of the car you're going to win is highlighted. That was an awesome way of awarding prizes, IMO.

The Mods: never have I seen an announcement that left me so happy at one moment, and completely speechless the next. So, now that I've slapped myself to wake up and realized I wasn't just having a bad dream, I've regained said speech, and am now going to use it to say:

What in GOD'S NAME are they thinking?!?!?! Fake mod "cards" that boost your car's performance? In a racing game that's supposed to be realistic? You know, the one with hydroplaning, advanced physics, and realistic cockpits? I know that Dan has been quoted as saying that T10 loves many games, but borrowing mechanics from a twitch shooter played by 12 year olds for your racing game? Are you freaking KIDDING me?

And now they've officially confirmed that "perk packs" (God, I hate that term already), can be purchased, which just leaves me shaking my head. This is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, I know, I know: "don't use them then." Sorry, but no. Just knowing that this feature exists, well, I think it's going to water down the experience for me.

Maybe--MAYBE--if they introduce some more realistic perks (if that's possible) that don't involve GIVING YOUR CAR EXTRA GRIP FOR NO REASON AT ALL, then I'll change my tone. Right now, though, I don't really see what those could be.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:20:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:35:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

If you're speaking of bonus Cr for using no assists, then yes, the story confirms that there will still be bonuses for this.

Furthermore, the story points out that if you use a mod that toggles off something like traction control, you not only get the usual bonus for turning off the assist, but the bonus from the mod stacks on top of it.

Assists/difficulty controls seem to be unchanged, mods just add another layer or option for the player.

Again, no problem with that at all. Just undecided on whether this is something I will enjoy/use, although the idea of using some to create challenges sounds fun.

Modifiers in some games have created interesting challenges and new ways to play, I'm hoping this might do something similar beyond just the more basic modifications shown so far.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:36:12 AM(UTC)

It's a Single Player feature so if you don't like it you don't have to use it, and whether other people use it or not won't affect you.

I'll use it for Achievements but since I drive with all assists off anyway I may keep a few of them permanently enabled in order to get more CR.

Quote:

If you're on about upgrades and tuning they're in the game as always.
If you're on about the traditional form of getting additional CR for not using certain assists we don't know but I suspect this Mod system is the natural successor to that.

Quote:

Then don't use it, nobody's forcing you :)

Mods are in addition to difficulty modifier for not using assists. Article says you can basically double dip. You'll get the modifier credit multiplier and will also get the standard difficulty multiplier.

I suspect this will be the best way to stack credits.
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:44:53 AM(UTC)
Some of the rewards and dares are fine and dandy, bring 'em on! They add a nice challenge. But the artificial car improvements would fit better with the Horizon series.
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:45:24 AM(UTC)

Forza is a game that wants to be whatever the player wants it to be. Don't like them, don't use them.

#NoFunAllowed
10 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error