14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext
#276 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 9:03:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
And so it begins...

I've been accused of cheating for using another version of this car I tuned online. Yup I kid you not. ...

let me guess.

a kid in a 4wd rally engine could not understand why you are quicker than him with a 1M?

you should have screwed around with him and told him that the bmw is a beast with autobrake,automatic gears and stability control.

I really don't know. I think we only raced once and in the previous race my fastest lap was 10 seconds faster than everyone else. I barely set a top 500 time in that race.

The funny part was he accused me of cheating and not using my own tunes and that I should only race private lobbies because no one else had a chance to win. I responded that there is no way to slow me up 10 seconds, I use no assists, and this tune was mine and I would post the tune for him if he wanted.

That shut him up. Lol.
#277 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 9:13:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post

the car was on a knife edge all the time. i had to be so precise with the throttle as a little too
much and i lost control and it was unrecoverable . its definitely a hotlap car for me.

i never used 2nd gear and mainly used 4th sector 1. 3rd for the slow double right hander leading into the back straight. 3rd t10 chicane.
i used 5th final corner. i tried different methods for this corner. i tried short shifting into 5 just before entering the corner. shifting into 5 at apex. then banging 4th and shifting on exit.

twice i was on for 28.1s but got this corner wrong.

i don't know your tune but you could try 1 of or all 3 of these to make it a little easier

lower caster
100 pounds off springs front and back
raise bump

I'd like to better understand your thoughts around gearing a little bit more Toffo. If you are using a lower power car, let's say mine, what gears were you using in these same turns? I am curious since I think I over "down-shift" and lose valuable time at slower speeds. For example, at turn 10a, I would down-shift to 3rd prior to turn! Thanks for your insights! I am certainly learning a lot as I read through many of these comp threads.

PRKid

It's hard to tell on your own. Race a ghost of someone faster or your ghost and if they/you pull away by a ton out of a corner, that may be a sign that you're in the wrong gear. It's really trial and error.

Racing Toffo's ghost was how I knew not to use 2nd coming out of chicane at the end of the track. I couldn't tell on my own and initially thought I was bogging the car down by leaving it in third. The engine cues were wrong in this instance.
#278 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 9:47:01 AM(UTC)
[

I'd like to better understand your thoughts around gearing a little bit more Toffo. If you are using a lower power car, let's say mine, what gears were you using in these same turns? I am curious since I think I over "down-shift" and lose valuable time at slower speeds. For example, at turn 10a, I would down-shift to 3rd prior to turn! Thanks for your insights! I am certainly learning a lot as I read through many of these comp threads.

PRKid

It's hard to tell on your own. Race a ghost of someone faster or your ghost and if they/you pull away by a ton out of a corner, that may be a sign that you're in the wrong gear. It's really trial and error.

Racing Toffo's ghost was how I knew not to use 2nd coming out of chicane at the end of the track. I couldn't tell on my own and initially thought I was bogging the car down by leaving it in third. The engine cues were wrong in this instance.

Thanks Swerve!

I have been racing Toffo's ghost the past couple of days at Top Gear Loop with the RUF Rt 12 S (A-class) and he definitely takes off on each turn and increases the margin. Several times, I am right next to him in some turns, and yet, he is still able to perform a sharper turn (even though I have my controller stick at max towards that side) and really stretch the lead by a larger margin. I am still trying to learn how to drive so I need as much advice as possible. When I try to perform the exact techniques as his ghost, the car ends up understeering, going wide even though we have the same tune. I am pulling my hairs out trying to figure out the differences.

Edited by user Saturday, September 5, 2015 9:48:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#279 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 11:08:10 AM(UTC)
[quote=RelaxedPRKid;347930][

PRKid

Thanks Swerve!

I have been racing Toffo's ghost the past couple of days at Top Gear Loop with the RUF Rt 12 S (A-class) and he definitely takes off on each turn and increases the margin. Several times, I am right next to him in some turns, and yet, he is still able to perform a sharper turn (even though I have my controller stick at max towards that side) and really stretch the lead by a larger margin. I am still trying to learn how to drive so I need as much advice as possible. When I try to perform the exact techniques as his ghost, the car ends up understeering, going wide even though we have the same tune. I am pulling my hairs out trying to figure out the differences.[/
quote]

just watched your lap top gear in the ruf.
i always watch in cockpit camera as this is the view i use. first thing i noticed is your not very active with the steering wheel especially on exit.
if you saw at the wheel on exit instead of just steering full lock left for a left hander you will not understeer as much and can get more power down.

the translation of saw on the wheel to a controller is pressing left numerous time on exit instead of just holding it and letting lower throttle guide you round.

this method is used all the time in racing just watch a f1 hotlap on YouTube its not just a forza glitch. whats happening is you have overloaded the front tires and lost grip in this case understeering as its the front tyres but by realeasing the steering momentarily the tyre regains grip and stops sliding it grips again you can then steer again.

best way i can explain it.hope it makes sense

#280 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 11:28:21 AM(UTC)

I have been racing Toffo's ghost the past couple of days at Top Gear Loop with the RUF Rt 12 S (A-class) and he definitely takes off on each turn and increases the margin. Several times, I am right next to him in some turns, and yet, he is still able to perform a sharper turn (even though I have my controller stick at max towards that side) and really stretch the lead by a larger margin. I am still trying to learn how to drive so I need as much advice as possible. When I try to perform the exact techniques as his ghost, the car ends up understeering, going wide even though we have the same tune. I am pulling my hairs out trying to figure out the differences.

i always watch in cockpit camera as this is the view i use. first thing i noticed is your not very active with the steering wheel especially on exit.
if you saw at the wheel on exit instead of just steering full lock left for a left hander you will not understeer as much and can get more power down.

the translation of saw on the wheel to a controller is pressing left numerous time on exit instead of just holding it and letting lower throttle guide you round.

this method is used all the time in racing just watch a f1 hotlap on YouTube its not just a forza glitch. whats happening is you have overloaded the front tires and lost grip in this case understeering as its the front tyres but by realeasing the steering momentarily the tyre regains grip and stops sliding it grips again you can then steer again.

Toffo - thanks for taking the time to watch my video @ TGL with the RUF, and, appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I tend to have very smooth turns, both on entry and exit, yet at the same time realize that I am losing valuable time. So, do you sort of "yank" the stick on the controller at a last minute, or, are these continuous hitting of the stick in the direction you want to turn (entry and exit)? Again, thank you very much!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#281 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 11:51:03 AM(UTC)

Toffo - thanks for taking the time to watch my video @ TGL with the RUF, and, appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I tend to have very smooth turns, both on entry and exit, yet at the same time realize that I am losing valuable time. So, do you sort of "yank" the stick on the controller at a last minute, or, are these continuous hitting of the stick in the direction you want to turn (entry and exit)? Again, thank you very much!

PRKid

the later more like bouncing of the stick continually but its not always needed you kind of get the feel for it. i usually do it in desperation when i know im not going to make the corner and it saves my life. the hard part is doing it in unison with delicate throttle but as much as it will take.

i'd love to give you a simple answer but its not a simple thing its all by feel and practice. one day it will just click for you. you don't need to force it.

one other thing is if your within 0.5-1sec of your opponent is turn ghosts off. i find them really
distracting and never chase them anymore.

i have a clip on my upload of me testing your bmw the first 2 laps are poor but the third is roughly the gears and technique i used to set 28.5s which the exception of using 2nd gear on 2 corners which i only did because i messed up the braking
#282 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:16:59 PM(UTC)
Thanks Toffo! I will certainly practice some of these recommendations. The ghost do bug the heck out of me many times since to your point these are very distracting. Though at times these are good to see what all you great drivers do along with your lines.

I will also check out the clip.

PRkid

Edited by user Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:51:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#283 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:23:19 PM(UTC)
[

PRKid

Thanks Swerve!

That track is hard because you have to be perfect. Are you turning in too early on entrance? I find on that track that it's better to delay turn in just slightly and hit a little later apex. This will allow you to have a straighter exit.

It's easy to beat people going into the corner on that track, only to realize you lost too much speed on exit and may even have issues with jerking the car to keep it from clipping the grass.

You want to spend as little time as possible turning and more time accelerating. When you hit it right you'll be amazed how much time you'll gain.

#284 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:39:54 PM(UTC)
@swerve

its especially hard in 50"s RUF because of massive of throttle oversteer. give it a try it will go top 50s both loops.
#285 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:57:45 PM(UTC)
3 more done

Moparjay 1.28.150

Very frustrating car tbh. Car was all over the place then i hit my fastest lap yet so i like it lol.

The xerone 1.28.274

This is my favorite car yet. If u watch my twitch i was on pace for a mid to low 27 on my second or third lap. Then i proceeded to drive the car worse and worse. Does over rotate occasionally on corner exit but i love this car!

Hlr juggernaut

Me and this car did not get along. Im not sure why because it felt good i just wasnt fast with it :(.
#286 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:59:52 PM(UTC)

Thanks Swerve!

That track is hard because you have to be perfect. Are you turning in too early on entrance? I find on that track that it's better to delay turn in just slightly and hit a little later apex. This will allow you to have a straighter exit.

It's easy to beat people going into the corner on that track, only to realize you lost too much speed on exit and may even have issues with jerking the car to keep it from clipping the grass.

You want to spend as little time as possible turning and more time accelerating. When you hit it right you'll be amazed how much time you'll gain.

To your question about turn-in, I believe at the 1st turn I am right on as far as the turn, yet, when I run into understeer then I try to turn later. On the 2nd turn (again, @ TGL) it's a very long turn and I probably do turn in too early...that is when I see Toffo's car...yet, he is still to my left so that probably means he turned sooner than me. However, then I get the understeer issue and he is completely straight (though I see the car tweaking towards he left to avoid the grass area after that 2nd turn). If you have a few minutes, check Toffo's video.

I do probably spend a lot of time on the turn, actually, I know I do! And, that is why I am seeking advice on how to minimize such. I also beat many ghosts going into the corner, yet, the exit is a mess! ...lol... So, if I wait till later to turn, do I have to brake harder (which brakes could lock up!), or, just manage throttle/brake. I never use throttle during the turn itself, yet, was trying such with the FM6 Demo.

Edited by user Saturday, September 5, 2015 1:00:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#287 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 1:21:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
3 more done

Moparjay 1.28.150

Very frustrating car tbh. Car was all over the place then i hit my fastest lap yet so i like it lol.

The xerone 1.28.274

This is my favorite car yet. If u watch my twitch i was on pace for a mid to low 27 on my second or third lap. Then i proceeded to drive the car worse and worse. Does over rotate occasionally on corner exit but i love this car!

Hlr juggernaut

Me and this car did not get along. Im not sure why because it felt good i just wasnt fast with it :(.

nice times and good feedback to what i was thinking.

how on earth you got 28.1s with MJs is beyond me
#288 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 5:49:28 PM(UTC)
@swerve

its especially hard in 50"s RUF because of massive of throttle oversteer. give it a try it will go top 50s both loops.

I'll give it a go and see what the fuss is all about. Lol.

I've officially given up on running road Atlanta. I used be very very very good at this track and could keep up with anyone. Now, I've just kinda lost it. I cannot hit one freaking lap where I felt good about all corners.

On a side note, I'm close to getting top 100 in a 404 hp version of this car at one of the short Yas tracks. Actually, that's the car I've been doing well in online races too.
#289 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:02:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Zerone Go to Quoted Post
tune tested

the zerone 1.28.331

clip on my upload

i could not understand the gearbox first few laps. then got used to it. its perfect for this track. i struggled transferring weight quickly but adapted.
i really struggled with the final corner in this car. which was a shame.

car has more potential but is not easy to drive.

Awesome comp so far... thanks for doing this! I have enjoyed driving others tunes and comparing my opinions of their driving characteristics with Toffo's so far and more of Johnson's to come. I pondered mentioning that I stayed in 3rd gear for all the slow sections but wondered if it would be better to sit on the sidelines and let you find what works for you; in hindsight I am glad Johnson will get the knowledge of the gearing (I am assuming you never used 2nd?).

If you have the time I would appreciate any detailed feedback about the car as it will probably help me in FM6 (lemmie have it as straight, no worries; final corner issues, etc.). I agree that it was difficult to drive but whenever I tried to fix the stability of the car... it just ended up losing a few tenths and so I kept reverting back.

Thanks again to Toffo and Johnson for this comp as it was fun picking up this game one last
time.

the car was on a knife edge all the time. i had to be so precise with the throttle as a little too
much and i lost control and it was unrecoverable . its definitely a hotlap car for me.

i never used 2nd gear and mainly used 4th sector 1. 3rd for the slow double right hander leading into the back straight. 3rd t10 chicane.
i used 5th final corner. i tried different methods for this corner. i tried short shifting into 5 just before entering the corner. shifting into 5 at apex. then banging 4th and shifting on exit.

twice i was on for 28.1s but got this corner wrong.

i don't know your tune but you could try 1 of or all 3 of these to make it a little easier

lower caster
100 pounds off springs front and back
raise bump

@the zerone

i forgot to mention. the car was still rotating on exit which i did'nt think it needed to and made it harder to setme up for the next corner. eg turn 1 exit trying to set myself up for the chicane. i put this down to high negative rear camber. might be worth reducing rear negative camber by 0.5°

Thanks for the feedback; when tuning for the comp I wondered if I should make a hotlapper or a more lobby car. I tried have gone back and tried your suggestions and have had the same results as before where all I managed was to make a slower, more consistent car (upwards of 0.5 to 1 sec slower). I just know that I am excited for FM6 to try this car out there, as you are.

The xerone 1.28.274

This is my favorite car yet. If u watch my twitch i was on pace for a mid to low 27 on my second or third lap. Then i proceeded to drive the car worse and worse. Does over rotate occasionally on corner exit but i love this

Wow thanks man and thanks for driving this comp. I am glad you got on with the car but it seems to be a case of loose is fast, not easy (not always true in all circumstances, ie people...). Any ideas about correcting it without dumbing it down too much?

Edited by user Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:16:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#290 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2015 10:15:56 AM(UTC)
Zero

Im not sure what adjustments i would make since i dont know the tune. It felt like the rear of the car was rolling over on itself so maybe raise the rear rollbar if its really low. No need to change to much as i really like ur car
#291 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:34:12 AM(UTC)
Next 3 done. Twitch video below

1.28.985 xcerate

Build is definitely an odd one I just never figured out how to run it. Lazy going into the corners and then I didn't really like gripping on exit.

1.29.605 w4rlock38

All I can say is I hate the stock motor. It seems to make the car horrible. I would have loved to drive that car with the same tune but with the 5.7l.

1.28.817 rpm swerve

Honestly I really liked this car. I simply couldn't get used to the turn in on it. I constantly would turn to sharp and lose time. Not the cars fault but my own
#292 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:57:52 AM(UTC)
Next 3 are done. Twitch video is up if u want to watch it.
#293 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:06:05 AM(UTC)
Next 3 done. Video is on my twitch.

1.28.985 xcelerate

I battled with this thing and very happy i ran a 1.28.985. A no aero build is definitely an odd one I just never figured out how to run it. Lazy going into the corners and then I didn't really like gripping on exit.

1.29.605 w4rlock38

All I can say is I hate the stock motor. It seems to make the car horrible. I would have loved to drive that car with the same tune but with the 5.7l.

1.28.817 rpm swerve

Honestly I really liked this car. I simply couldn't get used to the turn in on it. I constantly would turn to sharp and lose time. Not the cars fault but my own :(
#294 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:06:22 AM(UTC)
I updated the latest results, including information provided by Johnson 2 posts above. Six tunes to go... Please refer to my post on page 11 of this thread for tabulated results.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#295 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:25:19 AM(UTC)
Im off tomorrow so they will get done for sure
 1 user liked this post.
#296 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 11:50:06 AM(UTC)
Next 3 done. Video is on my twitch.

1.28.985 xcelerate

I battled with this thing and very happy i ran a 1.28.985. A no aero build is definitely an odd one I just never figured out how to run it. Lazy going into the corners and then I didn't really like gripping on exit.

1.29.605 w4rlock38

1.28.817 rpm swerve

Honestly I really liked this car. I simply couldn't get used to the turn in on it. I constantly would turn to sharp and lose time. Not the cars fault but my own :(

Thanks for your feedback however thats where i differentiate from the rest, i know the 5.7 would probably be better but i try not to eat soup with a fork....lol....meaning this ia a German sports car not a muscle car, i know this is a competition but either way, im satisfied....thanks for your feedback.
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
#297 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:46:07 PM(UTC)
I agree i do enjoy stock motors over motor swaps. Its a shame on how under powered the stock motors in general are though compared to the v8.

I'm glad u left a stock motor in it its just a shame that it's a second off the pace because of it. Hopefully stock motors will be better in 6
#298 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:21:47 PM(UTC)
the v8 and rally engine swaps kind of ruined forza. the only other engines that could compete with the pi imbalance were the vtecs and the ferrari v8-v12s.

theirs no point in having around 500 cars in f6 if these engines still rule. every car sounding and performing the same

imo putting an old corvette v8 into a 1M would only ruin it. sure it might drag race a bit better but the 3l twin turbo v6 is made for it and its a awesome engine. sounds great also
#299 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:28:52 PM(UTC)
the v8 and rally engine swaps kind of ruined forza. the only other engines that could compete with the pi imbalance were the vtecs and the ferrari v8-v12s.

theirs no point in having around 500 cars in f6 if these engines still rule. every car sounding and performing the same

imo putting an old corvette v8 into a 1M would only ruin it. sure it might drag race a bit better but the 3l twin turbo v6 is made for it and its a awesome engine. sounds great also

Im sure the balance between the motors will be better. Horizon 2 actually did a pretty good job nerfing some motors and building up others. Yes its less compettitve but also most lb cars had stock motors or at least could compete with a stock motor. Heres praying 6 will be like that!!!
#300 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:37:46 PM(UTC)
I try to stay away from motor swaps, even tho im off the pace all the time but i think i can learn more from any car if i can get the most of the stock motor, dont get me wrong i will use it if i have to for various reasons. But i really enjoy the challenge. ....:-)
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
14 Pages<<1011121314PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error