14 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:38:49 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone

With the upcoming release of forza 6 on the horizon. Myself and ERS Johnson would like to see out forza 5 with a little tuning comp that will end just before f6 arrives.

I have noticed with other tuning comps you have a choice of cars and some cars are at an advantage without any actual tuning. I would like to use only one as this makes it a more level playing field
and where the build and tune actually mater more so.

The car i have selected is the BMW 1M 2011 built to B600 class. This car has been a enigma to me as I have only ever driven one that's good. Its also very challenging to build as you cant upgrade nearly every part and have to choose your build wisely.

For a little variety I'd like all participants to vote on which track we shall test from the following

1) silverstone GP
2) nurburgring Gp
3) catalunya GP
4) Road atlanta full
5) laguna seca
6) sebring full

THE RULES

1) car must be a BMW 1M not exceeding PI of B600 but everything else goes build as you see fit
2) you must vote on a track selection
3) all tunes must be shared by friday the 28th of august, when they will be downloaded and locked
4) a maximum of 15 entrants on a first come first serve basis.
5) Myself an ERS johnson are to test the car for 20 mins each and our combined fastest time will be added together to give a final result time.

I will attempt to broadcast the test sessions and inform entrants by message posted here of any upcoming test sessions. if due to technical difficulties we can't broadcast a replay will be saved.
We will attempt to give the final results by the 9th of september

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:40:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:39:07 AM(UTC)
entrants And is tune shared

1) Hlr alphadog yes
2) akra1x yes
3) ers coldcutz yes
4) fifty inch yes
5) gtfootw yes
6) relaxedprkid yes
7) dtm lionel78 yes
8) Hlr moss yes
9) ers prophetik yes
10) lsr sch1wo yes
11) emw simmo yes
12) rpm swerve yes
13) w4rlock38 yes
14) xcelrate yes
15) the zerone yes
16) hlr juggernaut yes
17) moparjay yes

Edited by user Saturday, August 29, 2015 12:15:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 5:39:21 AM(UTC)
Full spreadsheet results kindly supplied by relaxed prkid page 13 post #309

Edited by user Monday, September 14, 2015 12:51:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:53:21 AM(UTC)
Count me in budds.....Silverstone GP..

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:55:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:18:58 AM(UTC)
I'm in. Nurburgring GP. German car on a German track.

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:26:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:36:19 AM(UTC)
Count me in!

DJ Saoco
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:04:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Count me in!

Sure but which track prkid?
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:08:46 AM(UTC)
Whats up guys. Im looking forward to the new comp. 1 more comp before 6 hits!

Hopefully when 6 launches we will be able to do another one. Possibly a 6 week tuning comp. Each week a new car with a new track possibly class changes as well. Results have a points based system and at the end winner will be announced... but thats in the future so lets think about the mission at hand. Dont forget to vote on which track you would like to do.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:14:43 AM(UTC)
Yes please, I vote for Nurburgring GP.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:30:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post

Hopefully when 6 launches we will be able to do another one. Possibly a 6 week tuning comp. Each week a new car with a new track possibly class changes as well. Results have a points based system and at the end winner will be announced... but thats in the future so lets think about the mission at hand. Dont forget to vote on which track you would like to do.

Great idea I'm up for that.

It would also be great to run the same BMW comp with the release of f6 to test the physics engine changes and what works with it. Initially with the same setups(dependant if people are willing to share). And then another after with their adjustments that best suit forza 6.

Should make for a good learning experience for all and a good headstart on our rivals
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:49:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Count me in!

Sure but which track prkid?

Yeah, was still thinking about it! I was torn between Nurb and Silver......so, I'll stick w/Nurb GP.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:49:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Toffo Go to Quoted Post

Great idea I'm up for that.

It would also be great to run the same BMW comp with the release of f6 to test the physics engine changes and what works with it. Initially with the same setups(dependant if people are willing to share). And then another after with their adjustments that best suit forza 6.

Should make for a good learning experience for all and a good headstart on our rivals

+1

DJ Saoco
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:32:29 AM(UTC)
I'm in for sure. Also I vote Rd Atlanta
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:55:02 AM(UTC)
You know I'm in.

Ive already got version two in the works and I know nobody but me will be able to drive it. It will be terrible. It will be naughty. But hey, it's a beemer so suck it up. Lmao.

My vote is Road Atlanta. I think this will be the best track for the car.

Silverstone wouldn't be bad either.
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:05:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
You know I'm in.

Ive already got version two in the works and I know nobody but me will be able to drive it. It will be terrible. It will be naughty. But hey, it's a beemer so suck it up. Lmao.

I like naughty

I think im going to build one and see how bad it is

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:06:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:16:27 PM(UTC)
You know I'm in.

I like naughty

It's not bad. It just takes a while to get used to it.

It's actually really really fast. Not sure if a top 100 will occur but on a few of these tracks it may get close. Had there been no 1.6L, this car would likely be labeled a leaderboard car that most wouldn't feel bad driving.

If I can get the understeer out of my car, watch out!

#17 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:20:30 PM(UTC)
You know I'm in.

I like naughty

It's actually really really fast. Not sure if a top 100 will occur but on a few of these tracks it may get close. Had there been no 1.6L, this car would likely be labeled a leaderboard car that most wouldn't feel bad driving.

This car had the 1.6L? Or did i just read that wrong
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:29:53 PM(UTC)
Just got done talking with ERS Prophetik and he will supply a paint to either the winner or to everybody that enters the contest. Still working out how to do it and design but it will be awesome.
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:34:22 PM(UTC)
You know I'm in.

I like naughty

This car had the 1.6L? Or did i just read that wrong

He meant if
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:40:47 PM(UTC)
You know I'm in.

I like naughty

I can drive your cars swerve and johnson's a really talented driver that's really familiar with the beasts but bear in mind i'm no assists. Not sure if he's going to use any
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:50:41 PM(UTC)
I will be running no assits either... unless somebody wants me to for a certain car then i will.
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:26:02 PM(UTC)
My car will be tuned with no assists though it may be faster with TCS depending on track choice.
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
I think the assists should be static across the board. Not different for each car. Should just run what you always do
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:00:08 PM(UTC)
Just got done talking with ERS Prophetik and he will supply a paint to either the winner or to everybody that enters the contest. Still working out how to do it and design but it will be awesome.

This would be great but without the gifting options available in the past i don't see how its possible without a t10 member of staff involved.

Just the taking part, looking to win and a learning experience is reward enough in my eyes.
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:07:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS C0ldCutZ Go to Quoted Post
I think the assists should be static across the board. Not different for each car. Should just run what you always do

Exactly. Comp is now no assists.

Bear in mind i use cockpit view with no assists but will use braking line as the testing is short and i struggle with different braking pressure in a short space of time.
14 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error