4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:14:39 PM(UTC)
The list posted on the Forza 6 news article pretty clearly calls out the below:
2015 Dodge Team Forza Challenger SRT Hellcat Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Subaru Team Forza WRX STI Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Audi Team Forza TTS Coupé Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 BMW Team Forza M4 Coupe Retailer Pre-Order Car
2015 Ford Team Forza Mustang GT Retailer Pre-Order Car

However, going to Gamestop and Amazon they both list the 2015 Hellcat and 2015 STI as pre order bonuses, no mention of Team Forza, and both supplied screenshots are bone stock. For one, these are all brand new, very popular cars which would be a really crummy thing to have as a pre order exclusive. I happen to own a 2015 Mustang and would very much not like to have to go to a specific store to be able to drive it. As I have my doubts, especially based on the above information from the Forza website, why would Gamestop and Amazon be wrong? Why would the information provided to them be incorrect and potentially misleading?

Thoughts?
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:21:23 PM(UTC)
As far as I am aware the base versions of each of the cars will be in the game.

The Team Forza is a paintjob and maybe a combination of upgrade parts that I would not want to use anyway.

That is wht I have picked out of various posts I have read and the news article. The news article mentions "tuned to top of class". That actually means built and often uses parts I don't like and does not give you the ability to go back to bone stock.
I blame the ants.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:52:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
As far as I am aware the base versions of each of the cars will be in the game.

The Team Forza is a paintjob and maybe a combination of upgrade parts that I would not want to use anyway.

That is wht I have picked out of various posts I have read and the news article. The news article mentions "tuned to top of class". That actually means built and often uses parts I don't like and does not give you the ability to go back to bone stock.

I hope you are right, I'm not even a Mopar fan but I want my hellcat one way or the other. Hopefully its just a "team Forza" edition and the normal car models are in the game... It seems that way. Hopefully a mod can confirm this.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:28:53 PM(UTC)
Answered at the bottom of the FM6 announcement: do a CTRL+F search for "Hellcat" and you'll find the duplicate as with the others. See also my alphabetical list of confirmed cars in the DLC thread stickied at the top of the forum.
#5 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 6:14:23 AM(UTC)
All they seem to be are better customized versions of the originals. Some of these we can get an idea of what rating they will be based off the ones from Horizon 2 (i.e. Mazda MX-5, Mustang), but some we'll be left in the dark about till launch (Hellcat). All in all, it's pretty much the Day One car packs all over again.
#6 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 6:59:42 AM(UTC)
Apparently Gamestop's Exclusive is pre-order bonus is the HellCat... Amazon has the Subaru... I checked Best Buy and Target, but they do not list the bonus car. From What I understood, the Microsoft Store got the Mx-5...

I have read more about the cars but feel like some critical information was left out, meaning that the cars are unique to the code they provide from pre-ordering.

As much as I would like to have the HellCat, I do not want to buy the most expensive version of the game, even if the Disc version is only 59.99, not only do I have to wait an extra week, but VIP and Season pass are all going to make it cost more than the Digital Ultimate version, which I could already have been playing for a week at that point.

Destiny is going through the same situation, although Forza does not seem to have the problem of making people buy the game twice... but technically, it might.

I want the game on 9/10, actually I want it now but who doesn't, and I want a physical version. I understand Digital is a much simpler way to provide the game, and the resources are there. Then you have retailers offering EXCLUSIVE cars.

The information I am getting from this, is that in order to have a COMPLETE FORZA 6, you must buy the game 6 times, 7 if you wanna play some before the physical version.

---PLEASE CLARIFY THIS---
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 7:11:14 AM(UTC)
At launch with FH2 if you wanted all the different car models you had to buy multiple copies of the game because of the retailer exclusives. This looks to be the same situation, but from everything I see, the exclusives this time are livery duplicate models. To get access to all the model bodies you just need VIP, but to get access to all the garage named models you would need multiple copies of the game. Also see how T10 has repeated that they announced 100 cars at E3. Discount the Team Forza cars and they list 100 models. Count the Team Forza cars and that list goes up to 116.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 8:35:19 AM(UTC)
Here's the thing, FH2 had exclusive pre order cars that up until last month I believe you couldn't buy. Then they released the pack which was $4 for the 4 cars. I'm not opposed to paying for them, while the whole pre-order system is broken and evil, it is what it is and I have the ability to not buy the game outright. That's not what I'm going to argue.

What bothers me is two things:
1) It took 8 months for those pre-order cars to be bundled and sold, by that time everyone was already looking towards Forza 6. I could understand a month maybe even 3 of exclusivity. You got one "free" with a pre-order from a specific retailer, whats the harm in released them as paid DLC pretty quick. I doubt many of you car enthusiasts feel entitled to exclusive cars that others can't have, something I'm extremely grateful is absent from this community unlike many other (usually RPGs) games.

2) And this one is more important. In FH2 the cars were very popular well known cars, the California, the Superleggera, the M6, and the RS4 Avant. However, for a game released in late 2014, the newest of the bunch were 2013 models, and by no means flagship vehicles from their respective manufacturers. I was nevertheless disappointing I couldn't have everything, but I was hardly missing out on the most exciting and unique vehicles. However, if the current batch of pre-order cars are stock and exclusive like FH2, then the BRAND new FLAGSHIP vehicles from some popular brands are being withheld. This hardly seems fair or appropriate. I realize there is a lot of evidence to conclude that the vehicles in question are tuned, specialty versions and their respective stock counterparts are in the game as usual. But the retail webpages don't reflect that assumption.

EDIT:
If they are tuned versions, I'm sad to not have everything, but I won't be missing out on anything significant, which is a welcome change for pre-order DLC.

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2015 8:36:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:15:48 AM(UTC)
So, when the official list was announced, I noticed that they had some cars as retail bonuses (like the 2015 Hellcat or 2015 STi) but if you scroll down further in the list, I see the cars again except not the "Team Forza" versions and no mention of retail exclusives, like part of the base game, however, if you go to Amazon or Gamestop they only show like the base model as a "retail exclusive" with no mention of it being a "Team Forza" version, I just want some clarification as to will there be some cars that you can only get at certain retailers, or will all the cars be in the base game, but only the "Team Forza" version of the car being a retail exclusive, I think we could all agree holding "Team Forza" editions behind retailers is no issue, but if you hold back the base car in general (especially with it being the 2015 Challenger Hellcat and the 2015 STi which are arguably some of the most desired and wished for cars), then that's an issue.
"You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house"
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:20:30 AM(UTC)
The normal versions are in the game on disc but the ones with the livery are the preorder bonus ones with the special livery, they're listed as seperate cars: http://forums.forzamotor...ns-List.aspx#post_313024

#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:47:51 AM(UTC)
bah humbug. paint never won a race. (now watch them come up with a teflon paint to reduce drag or something just to make me look like an idiot)
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:54:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rdo3 Go to Quoted Post
bah humbug. paint never won a race. (now watch them come up with a teflon paint to reduce drag or something just to make me look like an idiot)

To be fair, the weight of paint is a serious consideration when flying, particularly in smaller aircraft. I would not be in the least bit surprised to think that the weight of paint used on a car was a consideration in some of the more advanced motorsports like F1 or LMP.

✔ Verified Moderator

#13 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 1:48:47 PM(UTC)
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
2015 Dodge Team Forza Challenger SRT Hellcat (pre-order exclusive)

What is the difference between Team Forza & Stock one ?

& I hope they put the 8spd Auto trans , faster and more sporty .

Edited by user Friday, June 26, 2015 1:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:14:06 PM(UTC)
Well not sure how they will be in FM6 but in FM5 all the Forza L.E. versions could attain a higher grip rating.
#15 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:20:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FortuneGT Go to Quoted Post

However, going to Gamestop and Amazon they both list the 2015 Hellcat and 2015 STI as pre order bonuses, no mention of Team Forza, and both supplied screenshots are bone stock. For one, these are all brand new, very popular cars which would be a really crummy thing to have as a pre order exclusive. I happen to own a 2015 Mustang and would very much not like to have to go to a specific store to be able to drive it. As I have my doubts, especially based on the above information from the Forza website, why would Gamestop and Amazon be wrong? Why would the information provided to them be incorrect and potentially misleading?

Thoughts?

So, what should I do to have a Hellcat ? Should I pre-order the game from Xbox store or from Gamestop .. ?

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:26:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Raed10KSA Go to Quoted Post

Thoughts?

So, what should I do to have a Hellcat ? Should I pre-order the game from Xbox store or from Gamestop .. ?

The stock Hellcat is in the base game.
I blame the ants.
#17 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:54:36 PM(UTC)

Thoughts?

I know , but what is the difference between Team Forza & the Stock one ?

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 4:04:31 PM(UTC)

Thoughts?

I know , but what is the difference between Team Forza & the Stock one ?

The Team F car will have a paint job and upgrades. (See the Team cars in FM5)

#19 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 8:56:09 PM(UTC)
If I have to choose between one of those cars as a preorder bonus I might cry.

Will have to sell my organs to buy multiple versions of the game to get all the cars.

🇨🇦
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:09:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Will have to sell my organs to buy multiple versions of the game to get all the cars.

Maybe, which organs do you wanna sell? Just kidding.
And above all else we don't ever, ever let them get into cars.
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 2:58:14 PM(UTC)
Hellcat is a Gamestop preorder bonus
'15 STi is Amazon

#22 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 4:17:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NASidney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post

Maybe, which organs do you wanna sell? Just kidding.

The hearts worth quite a few bob I believe xD

#23 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 4:28:11 AM(UTC)
What's the big deal? The team forza cars will be useless and will likely restrict your build options similar to the FM5 versions.

You're better off with the base version of the car so that you can put your own paint on it (odds are team forza cars will have identical paint jobs) and have more flexible build options.

There's nothing special about these cars so therefore choose the retailer you prefer.
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:56:35 AM(UTC)
OK I have read through several threads and checked all the retail websites and I can't find which retailer gives the code for the Mustang GT. I know Gamestop has the Hellcat. Amazon has the STI. I can't find any info on the others.
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:52:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Demon27 Go to Quoted Post
OK I have read through several threads and checked all the retail websites and I can't find which retailer gives the code for the Mustang GT. I know Gamestop has the Hellcat. Amazon has the STI. I can't find any info on the others.

The Microsoft Store is the Mustang GT
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error