This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:38:41 AM(UTC)
With the backward compatibility of the xbox one, will we see FH1 on the xbox one ? Dont mind playing that again, as horizon 2 looks like its coming to a close.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:43:54 AM(UTC)
Eventually we should. Xbox said they were working on first party titles and the most popular third party titles they could get permission for first so the idea of seeing H1 on Xbox One is very likely.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 6:54:09 AM(UTC)
Thanks for that !
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 7:16:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MandeepGandhi Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for that !

Don't hold your breath though.

I'd rather expect little to nothing and be pleasantly surprised than build myself up for all this great stuff that Microsoft can and may not do and then be disappointed.
#5 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 4:36:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for that !

Don't hold your breath though.

I'd rather expect little to nothing and be pleasantly surprised than build myself up for all this great stuff that Microsoft can and may not do and then be disappointed.

You should also consider some licensing issues from what I heard, which wouldn't allow some games to be compatible for Xbox One. Although, there are a few hints that give me the impression Horizon 1 will be backwards available.

Also, the guys at Microsoft promised there would be about 100 popular titles, and will be selected by the number of votes on xbox.com . (If you want to vote for the games you want, click here. Considering the number of votes (Horizon counts more than Forza 4), it would not be a surprise to see Horizon 1 on the Xbox One.

Good or bad?
#6 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 4:56:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Racer4Evr Go to Quoted Post
Also, the guys at Microsoft promised there would be about 100 popular titles, and will be selected by the number of votes on xbox.com . (If you want to vote for the games you want, click here. Considering the number of votes (Horizon counts more than Forza 4), it would not be a surprise to see Horizon 1 on the Xbox One.

I could be wrong but I took their comments as they had already decided on and were working on the first 100 to be ready by the holidays this year and then they were going to get input from gamers on which games to add moving forward from there.
#7 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 5:32:37 PM(UTC)
With the backward compatibility of the xbox one, will we see FH1 on the xbox one ? Dont mind playing that again, as horizon 2 looks like its coming to a close.

I just picked this up this weekend. I started on Horizon 2 last year and haven't been able to put it down...well, till now anyways. I LOVE the presentation and it seems to be smoother than FH2 as far as frame rates are concerned. However, my biggest issue thus far is the lack of trigger rumble as the 360 doesn't have it. I would love to have this on the Xbone and be able to put the 360 back in my computer room...permanently. Here's to hoping for Forza Horizon to appear on the Xbone by the end of the year.
Shaka, when the walls fell.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:17:54 AM(UTC)

Here we go.

Forza 3, Forza 4 and Forza Horizon backward compatibility confirmed via trailer @ gamescom2015

*source*
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:00:03 AM(UTC)
Great news on the Forza games being backwards compatible! Wonder how this will work with new peripherals?
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:06:50 PM(UTC)
Even though it is almost a sure thing Forza Motorsport 3, 4 and Horizon will be signed up in the backwards compatibility program, there is a reason to be afraid about pur gamesaves: to have the capacity of playing these games on Xbox One without starting from scratch, the saves most be located in the cloud, and recent Forza games, including Forza Motorsport 3, don't work very well in that storage, many people losing their progress out of there.
#11 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 12:52:08 PM(UTC)
anyone have any idea when fh1 comes out for xbox one? missing this game badly! was better than fh2 by miles, i want it before the new horizon comes out
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 4:50:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SAMhar123 Go to Quoted Post
anyone have any idea when fh1 comes out for xbox one? missing this game badly! was better than fh2 by miles, i want it before the new horizon comes out

Not likely to happen - as Larry Hyrb (Major Nelson) has mentioned in the past there are issues with games that have licensed content (like Forza).
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 4:00:21 AM(UTC)
I would have to agree it doesnt look good. Forza has been a massively successful series for Microsoft and if they havent make it compatible by now they probably cant/wont. That original post was a year ago and still no word.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:05:03 PM(UTC)
Why it is so hard to say "sorry guys, there will be no release of FH1 in backwards compatibility mode"? Or alternatively "we are working on it - signing something, etc, allow us XX months to finish it"?
#15 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 5:40:05 PM(UTC)
I think they're going to launch with horizon 3, to make a game pack
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:16:21 PM(UTC)
Still nothing so I bought it and play it on the 360.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:56:50 AM(UTC)
Just announced today. Horizon 1 is coming September 16th go on their YouTube channel.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:27:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoicefulRiver Go to Quoted Post
Just announced today. Horizon 1 is coming September 16th go on their YouTube channel.

According to Major Nelson's blog it comes to BC on Sept 1st. So which date is right?

#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:51:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Adventfire Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VoicefulRiver Go to Quoted Post

According to Major Nelson's blog it comes to BC on Sept 1st. So which date is right?

September 1st it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha28aYygQ5s
Fanatec PWTS + CSS Pedals v3i + CSS Shifter SQ v1.0 + Playseat Revolution GT @ XB1X via DriveHub ... use your 'old' wheel on XB1 & PS4

How to get locked cars in FM7 *full list*

#20 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 6:32:05 AM(UTC)
It has to be one of their bigger franchises, surprised they havent migrated it yet.

**EDIT**

Looks like we are getting Horizon 1 backwards compatibility on September 1st. WOHOO.

Edited by user Friday, August 26, 2016 6:12:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:22:39 AM(UTC)
Any news on wheel support though? Playing Forza with a controller is doing it wrong! :P
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:21:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Misanthropic79 Go to Quoted Post
Any news on wheel support though? Playing Forza with a controller is doing it wrong! :P

https://news.xbox.com/20...tember-games-with-gold/

"Plus, backward compatible racing titles now support Xbox One wheels, including Forza Horizon!"
#23 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 8:58:04 PM(UTC)
Been looking forward to this since they announced BC at E3 last year. Mostly interested to see what the textures look like on the XBO - probably pretty low res I'll bet. Also interested to drive Horizon with a wheel, so I'm counting the hours til Thursday - looks like they update Games With Gold about midnight GMT which will be about 10 AM here in Oz. Yeehaw!

1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:11:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DottierLearner8 Go to Quoted Post

https://news.xbox.com/20...tember-games-with-gold/

"Plus, backward compatible racing titles now support Xbox One wheels, including Forza Horizon!"

Thanks champ, this is great news!

PS: and thanks to whoever it was at Playground that coded them in, you the real MVP

#25 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 3:33:39 PM(UTC)
This all makes me now wonder - when I download this from the Xbox store on September 1, then log in and start playing, will I have all of my unused Forza Rewards sitting there waiting for me? I diligently redeem my Rewards every week on the website. Would it be like it is for Horizon 2 - where if I don't play it for a few months, they're sitting in my account waiting for me to download them?

In theory, I should have a couple million credits just sitting in my account to be downloaded once I sign in, right?
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error