3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:13:02 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

Been a long time painter, just picked up an Xbox One last weekend & a copy of FM5 in the week. Been trying to play the career more than anything but did manage to put together a fairly quick paint and shared it in game.

It's supposed to be Kate Moss, someone messaged me not that long ago on the 360 about having a go at painting her - was on the verge of getting my one, so couldn't promise anything. I did get so far as googling pictures of her, which is why I had a go at her now.

Anyways, it's up, thanks for any downloads. & have fun.

Cheers

D

Edited by user Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:00:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Changed thread title again

#2 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 9:15:47 AM(UTC)
Welcome to the "other side" lol.
Can't wait to see what you come up with, great start so far. Looks like her to me.
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 10:41:37 AM(UTC)
Thanks Pocket, always helps if you put their name right next to them in big letters just in case the resemblance isn't all that ;)

I've happily just noticed an open source tune for the car in A class from ECT Loco;

http://forums.forzamotor...--OPEN-SOURCE-TUNES.aspx

So now it's quick and not too shabby looking. Got no where near the layer limit (not even the fm4) layer limit doing this one - might need to adjust my thinking when picking source images now I have a lot more layers to play with.

Still had to start somewhere & quite happy with her as it goes.

Will keep you posted on whatever I get up to next.

Cheers

D
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 11:17:07 AM(UTC)
Kate looks great D! Good to see you've dipped your paint brushes over here.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 12:54:27 PM(UTC)
Took me long enough lol. Bought the game 2nd hand Monday, pretty sad to see day one edition 2013 on the cover.

I'd worked for the same company for 25 years at the beginning of July, so was awarded £250 worth of vouchers - which helped me fund the one
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 11:14:28 PM(UTC)
Welcome D :) nice looking design man!
any idea what you will do next? I still have a lot of unpainted cars...... ;)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:45:30 PM(UTC)
It's a bit of mystery as to how my mind works/ design ideas come to be honest. However I have started design number 2 - this one is supposed to be Ice Cube - still a work in progress;

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:14:30 PM(UTC)
Thanks WSD - You'll be happy to know I managed to use over 1000 layers on Mr Cube so far ;)
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:36:05 PM(UTC)
nice work on ice cube D !

Over a 1000 layers seems a bit high to me.... but you're new to the 3k limit so i'll let it slide ;)
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 10:59:13 AM(UTC)
Thanks, it is really quite liberating not worrying about running out of layers so quickly though, may have got a bit stamp happy with the paint splats.

I'm off out shortly so no painting tonight, will see what happens tomorrow & update when I can.

If the downloads/ usage stats you can see in my designs is accurate Kate was not exactly a hit. It is late in the game though & whatever I paint now should be a sort of prep for fm6 launch - best not wait 2 years this time ;)

Catch you all later

D
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:09:42 AM(UTC)
very good work DamnMe,
this vinyls is already very neat.
continued your good job
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:22:26 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't go by the downloads stats. Unless people know what car to look for its impossible to find new paints. Hopefully it improves in FM 6.
Next time I get on I will grab one so add a 1 to the downloads...lol
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 2:53:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
It's a bit of mystery as to how my mind works/ design ideas come to be honest. However I have started design number 2 - this one is supposed to be Ice Cube - still a work in progress;

Very nice work here DamMe. I will grab this one when it's ready.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:55:31 AM(UTC)
Thanks Pat, Pocket & Gothic. The reason I'd wondered about the stats Pocket was if you download Kate when you get on & it updates, it won't be so much plus 1 as 1 total.

I'm doing a bit more on Ice Cube right now, added a bit more shading to his face and started on the background - will depend on how that looks as to whether or not it makes it to the final design but giving it a go, seeing as I have the layers there to do that now. I've googled a couple of Ice Cube logos & seen a couple of other images which could potentially make it on to the car given time & patience.

I should have another update tonight, thanks again for stopping by.

Cheers

D

Edit;

Updated pic

Slightly dodgy city scape added to background & Ice Cube logo done

Edited by user Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:51:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:33:12 PM(UTC)
great update! :)
#17 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 2:45:31 AM(UTC)
Nice work man. Cant wait to see all the paints you come up with. I like the ice cube, so great job
#18 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 5:07:14 AM(UTC)
Wow, looks great!
#19 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 9:56:46 AM(UTC)
well it is about time!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:19:18 AM(UTC)
Thanks again for the comments gents & Mimic, I know it took me a long time to get on the one, so playing catch up at the moment.

I've painted another image of Ice Cube for the hood of the car;

I've shared the design as it is on the Chrysler.

Watching the F1 this aft & got some other bits to do about the house, so pretty much out of painting time today. Out tomorrow after work, so no more painting likely till Tuesday evening.

Thanks for looking

Cheers all

D
#21 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:53:36 AM(UTC)
DM!!

Great to see you back good sir!

Now i know you've got Xb1 I do hope to see some of the HK cars return in FM6 [HintHint ;)]

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 10:47:10 AM(UTC)
Hi AB,

More than happy to have a crack at some Hed Kandi goodness, won't be the same without the ability to co-lab on the cars though.

Might try to recreate some of the ones we did together on previous Forza's. Hmm new game launches September, there was the Halloween twisted disco one, struggled to get all the little details on the side done on the old box - that could be a good starting point.

Thanks for stopping in & to those that have downloaded Mr Cube & Kate as well hope you're enjoying those.

Cheers

D
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:56:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks again for the comments gents & Mimic, I know it took me a long time to get on the one, so playing catch up at the moment.

I've painted another image of Ice Cube for the hood of the car;

I've shared the design as it is on the Chrysler.

Watching the F1 this aft & got some other bits to do about the house, so pretty much out of painting time today. Out tomorrow after work, so no more painting likely till Tuesday evening.

Thanks for looking

Cheers all

D

AMAZING, DM - simply amazing ;] Best of luck to you

Kool
Still enjoying the "4"
sig box
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:51:34 AM(UTC)
Thanks Kool, not sure it's amazing and I did use a lot of layers to get him looking like that, which for a slightly disembodied head with just hands & some bling is somewhat worrying for future projects lol.

That aside, made a start on a bit of Kandi for AB, still all the fiddly bits of the main girl to do (hands & hair) but it's looking pretty close to the source at the moment, can still stamp brackets when I need to it seems.

Will take a little time to put this one together, as once the main girls done, there's loads of little images in a sort of comic strip behind her, plus the layout & logos all to try and put together although at least I have something to work from if I'm aiming for a rep of the FM3/FM4 car AB did with me before. Will keep you all posted, thanks for looking.

Cheers

D

Edit small Friday night update;

Sorry it seems like slow progress on this one - been a bit of a hard week at work one way or another & just not had the patience to sit and stick a load of layers down - some progress has been made - still to paint one half of her hair, the rest of her necklace and then it's on to the really fiddly stuff in the background plus logos/ layout.

Hopefully tomorrow/ Sunday I've got a bit more time to paint.

Will update when I can - stupid laptop takes an age to do anything (bit like me ;) ).

Anyways, thanks for looking.

D

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2015 12:26:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added bit more progress

#25 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 5:40:18 AM(UTC)
Looking great bud!you been back a couple of weeks and already building up a collection now that I do like keep em coming ;)
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error