3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:25:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: C4PT41N BOMB4RD Go to Quoted Post
This is absolutely ridiculous! I've been away so didn't get the chance to download this, for a start it should've been up way longer than it was, plus they should've done a similar thing to the F&F expansion, made it so you had to pay after that time period. Now the case is that most people who didn't know about this as apparently it's only available from forza hub, miss out.

I knew that free dlc from this company was too good to be true.

Went on Vacation the 16th and arrived back home on the 26th. After getting back in the swing of things the beginning of this week, I finally got to sit down to play only to be prompted with an update with no details on any changes. When driving around I noticed what I thought was a Cayenne but thinking I must have just ran across a Macan I didn't give it much thought until I saw it again which made the update click in my head. After research I came across the farce that was the 2 car Porsche bonus pack. So much for the no unicorn car policy. I've invested all amount of money possible into both FM4, FH2, FM5 and FH2 and feel that a small, unannounced surprise ~ 1 week window to participate in a fairly significant download a slap in the face. If I wasn't a VIP, if I hadn't purchased the Porsche pack, I wouldn't feel the need to complain.

I was already pretty unhappy with several of the decisions being made in regard to Forza Motorsport 6 and this decision was pretty much the straw for me. I will not be purchasing Forza Motorsport 6. T10 is garnering the reputation as one of the leading developers to not listen to customer feedback. As complaints and suggestions seem to fall on deaf ears the only way left to speak is with my wallet.
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:01:50 AM(UTC)
Same here. Went on vacation for two weeks. Two free Porsches? Nope. Didn't get the chance.

There was so much to do about the absence of Porsche. At last we get a Porsche pack (bought it), and now two free Porsches that were only available for EIGHT days. Why not charge for them after this period? Quite a slap in the face to be honest.

I'm a completionist and would really like to get a hold of these two Porsches, even at a small cost. Why do they make these things unavailable after a VERY short period? What's so cool about that? It only adds to the frustration.

Please, give us ALL a chance to get these Porsches.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:03:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:47:21 PM(UTC)
Are people really crying over free cars ? Jeez...
 6 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:53:13 PM(UTC)
We all had the chance to get those cars. This was a limited time offer. Don't blame T10 for not getting the cars.
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:26:24 PM(UTC)
They could at least have made the period include the start of a month, when most of us actually go into the Hub app. I never look at it otherwise really, and missed out on these :(. Saw them first in the promo which was suddenly not 100% bahh. Will try to pay attention to -everything- with FM6!
 9 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:01:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Den Jie Go to Quoted Post

They did. Do you really think they're supposed to give people on "vacation" a chance to get them? Everyone who missed out would've suddenly been on "vacation" during that time. I understand your frustration but I've never been someone to whine over missing out on something that was a limited time offer. Life happens. You don't get everything in life.

#57 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 11:34:45 AM(UTC)
Meh.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 3:42:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: x Actual Size x Go to Quoted Post

Life happens. You don't get everything in life.

A "Life isn't fair" retort shouldn't be attached to something designed to be fun or entertaining. The fact you are using it either means you have no other valid argument in favor of T10 or that it's simply completely relevant. If it's the latter then look back one sentence and see that it shouldn't be valid counter to something Forza related. We use video games to escape life and every video game should give all players an equal shake at anything.

Imagine if at start of business on 8/3 T10 puts up an announcement that there is a free car pack that will be taken down by close of business of the same day. Technically they would have given everyone an equal chance but it would be a terrible thing to do. I don't see much difference in one day vs 8 days which was the case with the 2 Porsches. Had there been plenty of advertising in the days leading up to the release or simply adding a small fee to the car pack after those 8 days I would feel differently. Heck, if this had been a regular thing for T10 I probably would have as much issue with it as we would have been accustomed by now to be on the look out for limited edition, tiny download window, car packs. The problem is T10 said years ago that unicorn cars were gone citing they didn't like exclusive cars and yet here we are with them going back on what they said they didn't want. I would have never thought of the need to check in daily to ensure the possibility to achieve 100% remains.

It's clear there are many who have no problem with it and that's fine. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] T10s behavior recently demonstrates that it does not value customer input and are one of the bigger companies with minimal community interaction. Anymore, speaking with a keyboard does no good so the only alternative is speaking with your wallet. I had been looking forward to FM6 up until early June when many of the details started to emerge and it was clear that many things fans wanted simply were ignored. As of now I had no problem stopping by Gamestop this morning and shifting my FM6 console pre-order til Nov for a Battlefront PS4.

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:46:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2015 5:19:46 PM(UTC)
Hang on, I guess the "limited time" descriptor was misunderstood. This is separate from the actual expansion. Damn.

Edited by user Saturday, August 1, 2015 5:21:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 8:38:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacksBurton Go to Quoted Post

A "Life isn't fair" retort shouldn't be attached to something designed to be fun or entertaining. The fact you are using it either means you have no other valid argument in favor of T10 or that it's simply completely relevant. If it's the latter then look back one sentence and see that it shouldn't be valid counter to something Forza related. We use video games to escape life and every video game should give all players an equal shake at anything.

Someone whining that they were on vacation and missed out on something isn't "designed to be fun or entertaining." It's a complaint that they scheduled their time off from work (& gaming) during the same time that something was offered in their video game for free. That's what my "Life isn't fair" comment was attached to. Every single person who owned the game had the exact same 8 days to get the extra cars. Seems pretty equal to me.

#61 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:19:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacksBurton Go to Quoted Post

Imagine if at start of business on 8/3 T10 puts up an announcement that there is a free car pack that will be taken down by close of business of the same day. Technically they would have given everyone an equal chance but it would be a terrible thing to do. I don't see much difference in one day vs 8 days which was the case with the 2 Porsches. Had there been plenty of advertising in the days leading up to the release or simply adding a small fee to the car pack after those 8 days I would feel differently. Heck, if this had been a regular thing for T10 I probably would have as much issue with it as we would have been accustomed by now to be on the look out for limited edition, tiny download window, car packs. The problem is T10 said years ago that unicorn cars were gone citing they didn't like exclusive cars and yet here we are with them going back on what they said they didn't want. I would have never thought of the need to check in daily to ensure the possibility to achieve 100% remains.

It's clear there are many who have no problem with it and that's fine. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] T10s behavior recently demonstrates that it does not value customer input and are one of the bigger companies with minimal community interaction. Anymore, speaking with a keyboard does no good so the only alternative is speaking with your wallet. I had been looking forward to FM6 up until early June when many of the details started to emerge and it was clear that many things fans wanted simply were ignored. As of now I had no problem stopping by Gamestop this morning and shifting my FM6 console pre-order til Nov for a Battlefront PS4.

I applaud your response. You really nailed it with the unicorn part and T10 cj part. Have been lurking around these forums since FM3, and I know exactly what you were talking about. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE compared to the Euro Truck Sim forum, for example.

Almost half a year ago, I planned my vacation. How fair or equal is this chance some people are claiming if I am NOT able to download these cars during my holiday period because I NEED the Forza Hub (thus my Xbox One!!!) in order to get access to it? If it were possible to download these cars through Xbox Live, there would not have been a problem. Logging in with your account is possible anywhere, at any time. This download, however, was only available for those who had access to their Xbox One and the Forza Hub. Who brings their Xbox with them on holiday?

Edited by user Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:47:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:20:32 AM(UTC)
I'd just like to add that I haven't had a vacation in about 20 years. I'd gladly give up my free porsche pack for one.
 5 users liked this post.
#63 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:59:41 AM(UTC)
It's not smart to post profanity, neither is quoting such posts. As we don't want more people to harm themselves, this thread is now locked.

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error