3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 2:46:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IvoGTA 360 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Didn't get the achievement for buying a Porsche. Downloaded both update and car pack, restarted the console but it didn't unlock. Help will be appreciated.

Update: I'm not making progress towards any of the Porsche achievements, Porsche Owners Club, This is My Porsche and Horse Power. Anyone?

Do you own the Porsche Expansion Pack?

I would suggest just use cars from that for those achievements.

Aye, I feared as much. Thought I'll be able to get some achievements without owning the Porsche DLC but T10 and PG say no. Anyways I have 2 awesome Porsches and will get the Porsche expansion as soon as I can too. Great mashines. :)

They did say in the article we would be able to get them with these cars: "Love Xbox Live achievements? These two Porsches in the Porsche Bonus Pack will allow you to unlock three of the achievements from the Porsche Expansion (“Porsche Owners Club,” “Horse Power,” and “This is My Porsche”). "

#27 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:00:15 PM(UTC)
A free Porsche bonus pack?! I've got to inform my friends about this offer. Thank you Turn 10!

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:03:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LCE VIP: FM3, FM4, FH, FM5

FM6 Designs | FH3 Designs | FM7 Designs
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:08:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWAGxAriana Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Didn't get the achievement for buying a Porsche. Downloaded both update and car pack, restarted the console but it didn't unlock. Help will be appreciated.

Update: I'm not making progress towards any of the Porsche achievements, Porsche Owners Club, This is My Porsche and Horse Power. Anyone?

Do you own the Porsche Expansion Pack?

I would suggest just use cars from that for those achievements.

Aye, I feared as much. Thought I'll be able to get some achievements without owning the Porsche DLC but T10 and PG say no. Anyways I have 2 awesome Porsches and will get the Porsche expansion as soon as I can too. Great mashines. :)

They did say in the article we would be able to get them with these cars: "Love Xbox Live achievements? These two Porsches in the Porsche Bonus Pack will allow you to unlock three of the achievements from the Porsche Expansion (“Porsche Owners Club,” “Horse Power,” and “This is My Porsche”). "

Yes, I know. I was a bit confused with what they said and what happened in game. My achievements updated but the Porsche Owners Club achievement is saying "Done! Unlocking...". Let's see when will it unlock, the others updated fine. A bit of delay on their end apperantly.
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:09:13 PM(UTC)
Double post. Having some internet issues as well :D

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:12:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:33:30 PM(UTC)

Yes, I know. I was a bit confused with what they said and what happened in game. My achievements updated but the Porsche Owners Club achievement is saying "Done! Unlocking...". Let's see when will it unlock, the others updated fine. A bit of delay on their end apperantly.

When that happens it is almost always the case that the xbox live servers are taking their time to hand you the achievements. Come back tomorrow and check again.

One of the many painful aspects of current gen gaming lol
I blame the ants.
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xboxgamer969 Go to Quoted Post
Just wanted to start a discussion on the latest Porsche Bonus Pack which includes 2 new cars:
- 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
- 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

btw the DLC is only accessible through the Forza HUB App on Xbox and is only available till July 24th, after that its gone for good so hurry up and get it while you can, its Free as well :)

Can u only download then until the 24th? or does that mean if u download it, the cars will only be avaliable in game until the 24th?

You can only download til the 24th. I have never heard of them un-dlcing people after they downloaded a dlc pack. I just made up a new word.

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 4:06:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot something.

POWER!!!! - Jeremy Clarkson
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:28:38 PM(UTC)
I just downloaded the two cars and I got the Porsche Owners Club achievement when I bought the 911 in the game.

🇨🇦
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:17:42 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the free Porsche's! Always nice to get some free cars.
 3 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:12:22 PM(UTC)
Free car pack!!! Oh no, I have to find a reason to complain.... errr no He77cat.! errr, not the correct hubcap.... errr.... I had to work today....

Sarcasm definition of sarcasm here totally intended!!!

Thank-you so much Turn 10 and Playground - classy move on your part - I am sure most of us appreciate it greatly.
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:41:34 PM(UTC)
I'm missing the 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, any help would be very much appreciated!

To start with, I booted up the game to do my daily reward login, read the news about the 2 free cars via the Forza Hub, downloaded them, went to the auto show, and could only find the Cayenne.

So I rebooted the game, no GT2.
Hard rebooted the console, no GT2.
Uninstalled, and reinstalled, the DLC, no GT2.

I have a total of 11 Porsches showing in the auto show, so I am definitely missing one.

This is most frustrating, especially as there is a time limit on being able to get the DLC fixed.

Checking my girlfriend's console, her game asked for an update upon boot up, whereas mine did not (I can only assume that mine had background updated - we really do need a way of checking the latest version number when it comes to game updates, or at least latest patch notes), she has both of the cars.

EDIT: I decided to try one last time, and went to the Porsche Auto Show via the menu, and not the main one at the Horizon Festival, and it finally showed up!

Just thought I'd throw that in there, for anyone else that may suffer the same niggling fault as I.

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:46:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:35:19 AM(UTC)
I need to stop looking at this forum on my break at work. Stuff like this makes the rest of my day go painfully slow
#37 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 5:24:44 AM(UTC)
how do I get requests for cars to turn 10 coz there a lot of cars that people want that I know and ( cars being ) vw bora, Volvos all years, ford Anglia, hummer, new ford transit 2014/2015 oh ya and more mods for the cars like bodykits thanx from me and my xbox buddies ........THIS IS FOR FORZA HORIZON 2.......

Edited by user Friday, July 17, 2015 5:27:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 5:29:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GAS MONKEY DAVE Go to Quoted Post
how do I get requests for cars to turn 10 coz there a lot of cars that people want that I know and ( cars being ) vw bora, Volvos all years, ford Anglia, hummer, new ford transit 2014/2015 oh ya and more mods for the cars like bodykits thanx from me and my xbox buddies ........THIS IS FOR FORZA HORIZON 2.......

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst15345_FH2-Car-Wish-List.aspx

#39 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 7:25:53 AM(UTC)
First of all this is NOT a complaint! I am just disappointed. My family and I have just left for an 11 day vacation yesterday and I see this limited time DLC bonus. I have to really jump through hoops if I am to successfully get this. I am bummed that the efforts to have a friend go to my house and download this is too much and I am going to pass on this as of now. We won't get back till July 27. Oh well sept 10th will be here soon enough and I have the ultimate edition so heck yea. These cars will hopefully be in Forza 6 sometime in 2016.
#40 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 8:50:54 AM(UTC)
Holy Crepes! Cayenne Turbs? I guess I better start racing again!

PPi...end up coming back to this after Project Cars?

PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER
THE FUEL JUNKIE CAR CLUB
#41 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 11:39:39 AM(UTC)
What a great surprise! Thanks, Turn10!

I have a technical question about the bonus pack. I was able to successfully download the 2 free Porsches. There's a secondary profile on my home Xbox One console, however. This person has an Xbox Live Gold account and also plays Horizon 2.

Can this person also get the free 2-car Porsche Bonus Pack free? We've tried, but it appears the 2 bonus cars have to be "purchased" with credits on this secondary profile. Any way to get these cars without spending credits?

Thanks for any help and...thanks, again, for the fun surprise, Turn10!
#42 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 12:08:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LMVEE Go to Quoted Post
What a great surprise! Thanks, Turn10!

I have a technical question about the bonus pack. I was able to successfully download the 2 free Porsches. There's a secondary profile on my home Xbox One console, however. This person has an Xbox Live Gold account and also plays Horizon 2.

Can this person also get the free 2-car Porsche Bonus Pack free? We've tried, but it appears the 2 bonus cars have to be "purchased" with credits on this secondary profile. Any way to get these cars without spending credits?

Thanks for any help and...thanks, again, for the fun surprise, Turn10!

That's the way all DLC works, the main profile purchases it (or on this case it was free), and gets the cars fro free in game, other profiles on the same console get use of the DLC but will have to purchase the cars with in game credits.

#43 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 12:36:24 PM(UTC)
[/quote]

That's the way all DLC works, the main profile purchases it (or on this case it was free), and gets the cars fro free in game, other profiles on the same console get use of the DLC but will have to purchase the cars with in game credits.

[/quote]

Ok, well that's a bummer. Thanks for the info, Fastford16!
Seems like this eliminates a source of income for Turn10, since secondary profiles can't purchase/install car packs, VIP memberships. Wonder if this is a Turn10 oversight or a Microsoft one.

Happy cruising!

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 3:55:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post
First of all this is NOT a complaint! I am just disappointed. My family and I have just left for an 11 day vacation yesterday and I see this limited time DLC bonus. I have to really jump through hoops if I am to successfully get this. I am bummed that the efforts to have a friend go to my house and download this is too much and I am going to pass on this as of now. We won't get back till July 27. Oh well sept 10th will be here soon enough and I have the ultimate edition so heck yea. These cars will hopefully be in Forza 6 sometime in 2016.

Same problem here, I am on vacation and I am not taking my Xbox with me. I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars for the GT2 RS when I get back but it seems you can't even download them afterwards? I find that quite unfair.

#45 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:15:38 PM(UTC)
AMUSING: Cayenne has higher base PI than Macan (738 vs. 735).

I thought the Macan was the "hotted up" version....?
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#46 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 6:30:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

I would assume the higher PI is due to the 4.8TT V8 having about 100 bhp and 150 Nm more than the Macan. Its main PI advantage is speed (6.6 v 6.2) and braking (7.8 v 7.7). I'm quite surprised the stock version have the same handling rating, as I think the Macan handles much much better with less undesteer into corners and roll less induced oversteer coming out of corners.

Edited by user Friday, July 17, 2015 9:03:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 6:30:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBIAJ Go to Quoted Post
I'm missing the 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, any help would be very much appreciated!

To start with, I booted up the game to do my daily reward login, read the news about the 2 free cars via the Forza Hub, downloaded them, went to the auto show, and could only find the Cayenne.

So I rebooted the game, no GT2.
Hard rebooted the console, no GT2.
Uninstalled, and reinstalled, the DLC, no GT2.

I have a total of 11 Porsches showing in the auto show, so I am definitely missing one.

This is most frustrating, especially as there is a time limit on being able to get the DLC fixed.

Checking my girlfriend's console, her game asked for an update upon boot up, whereas mine did not (I can only assume that mine had background updated - we really do need a way of checking the latest version number when it comes to game updates, or at least latest patch notes), she has both of the cars.

EDIT: I decided to try one last time, and went to the Porsche Auto Show via the menu, and not the main one at the Horizon Festival, and it finally showed up!

Just thought I'd throw that in there, for anyone else that may suffer the same niggling fault as I.

It was probably "hiding" in the RECOMMENDED cars on the far left.
#48 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 7:27:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

I thought the Macan was supposed to be their "entry level" SUV

So it's like the bmw x3 to the x5

I think? lol

🇨🇦
#49 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 9:29:43 PM(UTC)
I "bought" this free DLC by 2nd profile on console. Me as 1st profile on console can't buy this DLC because console says that DLC already installed on console. As soon as both profiles will be on console together DLC will work. But if 2nd profile will be deleted from console, what's next? There will be no owner of this DLC on console, right?
Normally 1st profile buy free DLCs from browser, 2nd profile - from console, so all DLC are bought by both profiles. But I can buy this DLC from browser
#50 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 5:24:34 PM(UTC)
This is absolutely ridiculous! I've been away so didn't get the chance to download this, for a start it should've been up way longer than it was, plus they should've done a similar thing to the F&F expansion, made it so you had to pay after that time period. Now the case is that most people who didn't know about this as apparently it's only available from forza hub, miss out.

I knew that free dlc from this company was too good to be true.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error