4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:54:09 AM(UTC)
Very disappointed in this decision not release an LE or Ultimate version with disc instead of full digital. I love these games and and I prefer to have the disc. I am trying to decide now what to do about it. If I buy the disc then the car pack and VIP later and spend more money on them without getting the other ultimate bonuses then I certainly haven't done anything but spend more money to show my displeasure at the decision. I don't care about the early access but the other bonuses I do. It seems if I want to do anything to let them know I don't like the digital LE and Ultimate options then the only option is to skip FM6 and wait for later versions. And that is a bigger impact to me and there is no promise it would have an impact and change future decisions anyway. I hate to be a sell-out and buy all digital when I don't want to but I probably will and mourn my lack of backbone every time I play. At least they aren't requiring a wheel to play.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:13:20 AM(UTC)
Very, very disappointed...for the 10th years not a single lce? i'm in italy and here no signs of the limited console or forza controller..Why Dan why? every forza had a LCE (Except for FH2, disappoint) and not FOrza6? I hope that Turn10 make a LCE for the fanbase, i'm very sorry...
#53 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:14:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ptrickd Go to Quoted Post
Very disappointed in this decision not release an LE or Ultimate version with disc instead of full digital. I love these games and and I prefer to have the disc. I am trying to decide now what to do about it. If I buy the disc then the car pack and VIP later and spend more money on them without getting the other ultimate bonuses then I certainly haven't done anything but spend more money to show my displeasure at the decision. I don't care about the early access but the other bonuses I do. It seems if I want to do anything to let them know I don't like the digital LE and Ultimate options then the only option is to skip FM6 and wait for later versions. And that is a bigger impact to me and there is no promise it would have an impact and change future decisions anyway. I hate to be a sell-out and buy all digital when I don't want to but I probably will and mourn my lack of backbone every time I play. At least they aren't requiring a wheel to play.

The discount isn't that big if you go digital over physical, maybe a €10 discount, I'm not too sure. And what are the digital bonuses? I'm buying the physical version because like you I prefer the disc and the disc is actually cheaper for me in the long run because I sell or trade the disc when the next forza motorsport comes out so the digital being cheaper isn't the case for me. If you like collecting them than you won't sell them and make any money back but saying that buying a digital download isn't really collecting anyway because eventually you'll have to delete some.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:51:13 AM(UTC)
How about this: while Dan tweeted that there's no physical LCE Edition, there could still be a physical special edition of some kind, just one that won't be called "Limited Collector's Edition."

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:52:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:40:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
How about this: while Dan tweeted that there's no physical LCE Edition, there could still be a physical special edition of some kind, just one that won't be called "Limited Collector's Edition."

I wish you were right but I think we would have heard of a "special edition" by now. If they are holding a special edition, I don't think that would be the best move on their part as a lot of people who wanted a physical LCE like myself have just accepted the facts and have already pre-ordered the standard physical copy or an option from the digital downloads.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:45:20 AM(UTC)
I wouldn't be surprised if the closest we got to a 'special' edition is the blue XB1 console.

$0.02
Toni
#57 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:46:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

I wish you were right but I think we would have heard of a "special edition" by now. If they are holding a special edition, I don't think that would be the best move on their part as a lot of people who wanted a physical LCE like myself have just accepted the facts and have already pre-ordered the standard physical copy or an option from the digital downloads.

Yeah that probably makes the most sense, but you never know. We all know how DG and his team are all masters of double-speak.

So you're going the standard route, eh? No Ultimate?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:01:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:51:08 AM(UTC)
Yeah Dan really is a master at saying the same thing for every question no matter what it is. I'm not sure if he has ever said Yes or No in his answers! And yeah I'm going for standard, cheaper in the long run for me and I like having a disc. You going ultimate?
#59 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:56:43 AM(UTC)
Wondering about a superduper special edition or whatever you want to call it just sounds like we are in denial. It is what it is and we need to except it and move on. I'm almost 45 years old and have been video gaming since 1983 with my Coleco Vision. I have owned every major system since then and I have so many games that I can't even count them all. I have practically every Japanese game that came out for the Sega Dreamcast (best console ever) as well as five special edition consoles. I have seen lots of changes in the industry and I for one welcome the all digital format. It makes all of my existing cartridge and disk-based games all that more special. This reminds me of the time when compact discs started being popular and I wanted to resist it because I loved the artwork of a 12" album. Eventually I had to get with the times and buy the CDs because they were more convenient. Then CDs started dying and I bought my music digitally just like I do with my movies and inevitably my games. I get it, it is sad I agree, but like I said it is what it is and we have to move on and accept it.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:58:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#60 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:20:41 AM(UTC)
Yeah Dan really is a master at saying the same thing for every question no matter what it is. I'm not sure if he has ever said Yes or No in his answers! And yeah I'm going for standard, cheaper in the long run for me and I like having a disc. You going ultimate?

I've kinda got a tri-fecta of indecisiveness going on, here. I don't have an XBone yet, so I have to decide if I want the FM version or just the reg 1 TB unit; it may sound weird, but I'm really not sure about the colour and that matters when your one and only TV/entertainment unit is in your living room. If I do get it, I'll have the digital 10 anniv copy, but that's a throw in, so do I want to buy the digi Ultimate, too? I'm a big car guy, so I'll want the car pass one way or another. Or, do I get the black XBone, buy a standard copy, because I like the disk, and buy the car pass separately?

Totally stuck, which is why a physical Ultimate/LCE copy would be a real help. Then, 1 TB Xbone + physical Ultimate/LCE copy = job done.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:23:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:22:46 AM(UTC)
double post. Please delete.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:23:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:44:56 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, see first post - MM]
Like every other Forza game, will there be a Limited Collectors edition? I really DON'T like digital deluxe editions.
I just want my Forza 6 as limited special with art book, keychain or whatever. I'd buy that. Never a digital deluxe.

But it seems Turn10 is turning it's back on true fans?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:55:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 4:05:49 PM(UTC)

I've kinda got a tri-fecta of indecisiveness going on, here. I don't have an XBone yet, so I have to decide if I want the FM version or just the reg 1 TB unit; it may sound weird, but I'm really not sure about the colour and that matters when your one and only TV/entertainment unit is in your living room. If I do get it, I'll have the digital 10 anniv copy, but that's a throw in, so do I want to buy the digi Ultimate, too? I'm a big car guy, so I'll want the car pass one way or another. Or, do I get the black XBone, buy a standard copy, because I like the disk, and buy the car pass separately?

Totally stuck, which is why a physical Ultimate/LCE copy would be a real help. Then, 1 TB Xbone + physical Ultimate/LCE copy = job done.

A skin may help if you don't like the color. You can get pretty much any color skin. If I was you I'd buy a forza edition xbox one, but a skin for it and buy the car pass separately. Would probably be cheaper in the long run and you could sell the game and get some money back when the next one comes out. Good luck picking the right choice!
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:00:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacksBurton Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I think Helios posted that the physical edition is The 10th Anniversary Edition. What we don't know is what is in that edition.

Sure we do, it has a code for the 10 Year Anniversary Car Pack.

So we are getting a physical copy? Is that what this is? Source?

We never weren't getting a physical copy. We aren't getting a physical Limited Collectors Edition(which includes the same things as the Digital Ultimate minus car pass) that we've gotten with every Forza Motorsport title. That picture is just the standard edition even though it's labeled "Ten Year Anniversary Edition". There's nothing special about it and while it includes the 10 year anniversary car pack, I would bet money they never release a physical copy that does not contain it.

And the Limited Edition console comes with the digital 10 year Anniv. copy, correct?

And do we know if we purchase the ultimate digi edition, to we have to DL everything to use it, or could I just apply a code to use with my physical copy?

I am going to guess no. I'm basing this on the fact that I owned the physical copy of AC IV and when it came up for Games with Gold this month it wouldn't use the install that was already in place from the disc version.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:39:24 PM(UTC)
I'M stuck as well... they really need to release more info! I want to know if anything else comes with the physical. What the car pass/vip will be money wise. I want physical but i plan to get everything anyway. I just want to know if buying the ultimate now is worth it. If the pass is 25-30 then it's not, i'll just get it later. I mean 450 cars is quite a lot. There's a bunch of games coming out at once.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:58:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
I'M stuck as well... they really need to release more info! I want to know if anything else comes with the physical. What the car pass/vip will be money wise. I want physical but i plan to get everything anyway. I just want to know if buying the ultimate now is worth it. If the pass is 25-30 then it's not, i'll just get it later. I mean 450 cars is quite a lot. There's a bunch of games coming out at once.

I hear ya, but logic says that the Ultimate Version should be the best deal, especially--ESPECIALLY-- since there doesn't seem to be a physical copy coming. That means no fancy case, booklet, swag etc.; you know, stuff that would help justify the purchase.

But what about the stuff we DO get: Early access? Meh. 10th Anniv Pack? Other ways to get it (the console deal being one). VIP status? Well, all we really know about that right now are the cars you get, and while I'm looking forward to a couple (Veneno, GT350R), that's kind of "meh", too. FnF pack? Again, AFAIK, we don't know exactly which cars are going to be in that, but I'm betting Dom's Charger is going to be one, which almost makes the pack worth it for me.

However: fairly certain there are other ways to get FnF, VIP can be bought separately, and so can the season's pass. And I think the bonus cars you get in Horizon 2 for pre-ordering are awarded no matter which version you pre-order, although it's hard to know if that applies to the game that comes with the Limited Edition console. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I'm totally torn.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:01:38 AM(UTC)
[/quote] However: fairly certain there are other ways to get FnF, VIP can be bought separately, and so can the season's pass. And I think the bonus cars you get in Horizon 2 for pre-ordering are awarded no matter which version you pre-order, although it's hard to know if that applies to the game that comes with the Limited Edition console. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'm totally torn.[/quote] I really hope your right. I'm also putting off buying the physical copy until I know u can buy FNF Pack and the VIP membership separately.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:27:57 AM(UTC)
However: fairly certain there are other ways to get FnF, VIP can be bought separately, and so can the season's pass.

All three are currently listed as "Bundle Only" (Car pass, FnF Car Pack, VIP). The Car Pass for sure will be available separately. Pretty sure the VIP membership will also be available separately, just don't know when. The FnF car pack I imagine will be available separately, but no guarantees. As much as I want a physical LCE/Deluxe Edition, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just hoping I can get VIP membership on day one. If not, I might be switching to a digital pre-order.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:36:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding Xbox store links

#69 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 9:58:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Borg561 Go to Quoted Post
However: fairly certain there are other ways to get FnF, VIP can be bought separately, and so can the season's pass.

All three are currently listed as "Bundle Only" (Car pass, FnF Car Pack, VIP). The Car Pass for sure will be available separately. Pretty sure the VIP membership will also be available separately, just don't know when. The FnF car pack I imagine will be available separately, but no guarantees. As much as I want a physical LCE/Deluxe Edition, I'm not holding my breath. I'm just hoping I can get VIP membership on day one. If not, I might be switching to a digital pre-order.

Hmm. Can't tell if this helps or hinders my decision, although I guess it makes the console bundle less appealing, because the copy of the game you get with it seems pretty redundant if you want any of the packs.

However, if you get all the pre-order bonuses if you pre-order the console, well, I guess that helps. Can't get any info on that, though, which leads me to believe that the pre-order bonuses DON'T apply if all you're doing is pre-ordering the console.

#70 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:16:02 AM(UTC)
did forza 5 have these bundled? I completely zoned out on 5 because i had no intentions of having a One then. I find it strange it's all bundle only... I have no idea if this is norm or not.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:25:41 AM(UTC)
Does this clear it up? Can it be written better?

Game Edition Comparison

Pre-Order Announcement
FM6 Features Announcement (E3 reveal)
FM6 Loyalty Rewards Announcement (in-game gift cars and credits)

Release Dates:
10 September 2015 - Digital Ultimate Edition owners only, all regions
15 September 2015 - North America and Asia (disc and digital)
17 September 2015 - Japan (disc and digital)
18 September 2015 - Worldwide (disc and digital)

Pre-Order Digital Bundles
$59.99 Standard Anniversary Edition = Pre-Order Bonuses listed below
$79.99 Deluxe Anniversary Edition = Pre-Order Bonuses + F&F Car Pack + VIP membership
$99.99 Ultimate Anniversary Edition = Pre-Order Bonuses + F&F Car Pack + VIP + Car Pass + Early Access play.

Pre-Order Physical Editions
$59.99 Standard Anniversary Edition = Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack (+ retailer bonus DLC, see Notes)

Pre-Order Limited Edition Forza Motorsport 6 Xbox One Bundle
$399.99 Bundle = custom 1TB Xbox One console + custom wireless controller (3.5mm jack update, not Elite) + FM6 digital edition code + Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack code. Custom controller also sold separately. Releases 9/15/15. Does not include VIP or Car Pass or Fast & Furious Car Pack or Early Access; retailer bonus car may depend on the retailer - Amazon's page currently shows the Subaru as a bonus - confirm with retailer.

Pre-Order Bonuses
Select bonuses depend on digital vs disc edition, and where the game is purchased.

See details in the post above for Loyalty Rewards cars and credits available to all FM6 players at launch depending on player-specific Forza gameplay and DLC.

Pre-Order notes and FAQ:
  • FM6 will not have a limited collectors edition.
  • The pre-order bonus DLC cars are duplicates of car models available to everyone, but with special Team Forza liveries. Retailer links:
  • 2015 Mazda Team Forza MX-5 - Xbox.com or Xbox Store on console, Smartglass, or Windows 10 Xbox app.
  • 2015 Audi Team Forza TTS Coupé - EB Games (CA)
  • 2015 BMW Team Forza M4 Coupe - Best Buy (US) - Best Buy (CA)
  • 2015 Dodge Team Forza Challenger SRT Hellcat - Gamestop (US) - EB Games (CA)
  • 2015 Ford Team Forza Mustang GT - MS Store (US)
  • 2015 Subaru Team Forza WRX STI - Amazon (US)
  • The Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack DLC cars are duplicates of car models available to everyone, but with special Team Forza liveries and upgrades applied.
  • The Fast & Furious Car Pack is currently bundle only, releases 9/15/15, pricing TBA.
  • The VIP pack is currently bundle only, releases 9/15/15, pricing TBA.
  • The Car Pass is currently bundle only, releases 9/15/15, pricing TBA.
  • The Car Pass begins with the October Car Pack and covers six packs, not necessarily all DLC to be released.
  • "Select retailers will be selling the Deluxe & Ultimate bundles around Forza Motorsport 6’s launch. Please check with your favorite retailer for details, as availability and timing of these digital bundles will vary." Annoucement
  • There is currently no advertised discount price for VIP owners in other Forza games.
  • "You will be charged now, in full, for this pre-order. . . . No refunds on or after release date." per purchase confirmation screen.
  • Early Access begins at 6:01 AM PST on September 10, apparently regardless of country (unlike physical release dates). See purchase confirmation screen for your region.
  • Early Access provides the full game, and is not limited by time.
  • FH2 bonus DLC should be unlocked soon after digital FM6 purchase. See discussion thread.
  • Forza Rewards and Loyalty Rewards are not DLC cars - they are the same cars available to all players.
  • Forza Rewards points levels for Tiers will be adjusted prior to FM6 launch. See T10 dev comments in the Forza Rewards FAQ about point count issues.
  • To gain access to all car models you would need to pre-order multiple copies of the game to receive all retailer bonus DLC and the Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack, plus obtain (separately or via bundle) VIP DLC for its 5 exclusive models + F&F Car Pack + monthly car packs

Disc edition box art (see Xbox Media Assets and Amazon et al)

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:01:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
However: fairly certain there are other ways to get FnF, VIP can be bought separately, and so can the season's pass. And I think the bonus cars you get in Horizon 2 for pre-ordering are awarded no matter which version you pre-order, although it's hard to know if that applies to the game that comes with the Limited Edition console. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'm totally torn.[/quote] I really hope your right. I'm also putting off buying the physical copy until I know u can buy FNF Pack and the VIP membership separately. [/quote]

Good news I just got an answer on twitter from Dan Greenwalt and he said that people who buy the physical copy can get VIP Membership and Fast and and Furious Car Pack separately so you can upgrade to ultimate edition by buying VIP Membership and Fast and and Furious Car Pack and the Car Pass

[img][/img]

Edit: I have just pre ordered my physical copy of Forza 6 can't wait for September 15th yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:21:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#73 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:40:17 AM(UTC)
^^^
Good stuff, gairsy, but I don't see a confirmation of being able to buy the car pass separately. Or does it come with VIP?

@ManteoMax: Awesome breakdown, man. Couldn't be any clearer.

It's users like you guys and others in this thread that help renew my faith in how awesome and helpful this community can be.

Looks like I'm gonna skip the Forza console, get a black 1 TB, pre-order a physical copy and buy VIP/FnF.

Ach, but according to ManteoMax, it looks like I'm not entitled to the F:H2 bonuses unless I do a digital pre-order. Dammit. Back to square one.

Edited by user Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:49:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:49:51 PM(UTC)

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:08:07 PM(UTC)

awesome thanks max :)
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error