4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:31:15 AM(UTC)
how in the world can they be strapped for cash when horizon 2 did great, they sell a new forza game every 10 months or so and they are charging 100 dollars for not even the entire package. That definitely can't be true...
#27 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:22:11 AM(UTC)
Not sure why some are complaint about price. Last car pass was $50 and VIP was $20 I think. There is some savings at $100 if the price structure is the same.
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:04:53 PM(UTC)
I think Helios posted that the physical edition is The 10th Anniversary Edition. What we don't know is what is in that edition.
I blame the ants.
#29 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:14:58 PM(UTC)
I have seen
nothing so far to indicate that the physical edition is anything other than bog standard
#30 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:26:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I think Helios posted that the physical edition is The 10th Anniversary Edition. What we don't know is what is in that edition.

I haven't seen this mentioned before, where did you see this? If there is such an edition, I'd like to know exactly what is in it. We're not that far away from releasing, so I hope information is made available soon if it is actually going to be available for purchase.
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:26:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why some are complaint about price. Last car pass was $50 and VIP was $20 I think. There is some savings at $100 if the price structure is the same.

The car pass was 50 for forza 5?? Well that sure is making the ultimate edtion look nicer. wow

#32 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 2:13:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rockefelluh Go to Quoted Post

The car pass was 50 for forza 5?? Well that sure is making the ultimate edtion look nicer. wow

Yes, but the caveat is that I think the car pass before may have been 10 cars per pack.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 5:25:25 PM(UTC)
how in the world can they be strapped for cash when horizon 2 did great, they sell a new forza game every 10 months or so and they are charging 100 dollars for not even the entire package. That definitely can't be true...

Forza Motorsport games are released every 2 years. People fail to realise that Forza Horizon is not developed by Turn 10, but instead, Playground Games. Everybody wants to complain about the cost of a game, no one is holding a gun to your head to buy it. You are either going to buy it, or you're not. It's not like if you select the regular edition, someone from Redmond is going to show up at your door, and kidnap your pets, and demand that your buy the ultimate edition. If you want the extras that come in the higher editions, then prepare to pay for it, just like everybody else is doing. ;D
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 7:57:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BillyLMitchell Go to Quoted Post
Look at what is going on with the new Hitman game. $60 for a digital only release and the game content is released in pieces over time. [Mod Edit - profanity and abbreviated profanity are not allowed - MM]

This is the new direction. This has already happened once with Resident Evil: Revelations II where they decided to break down the entire game into "Episodes". It wasn't episodic though and it was clearly set up to gauge interest in the entire game. The game wasn't finished and I guarantee you that if EP1 and EP2 didn't sell well they would have scrapped the rest. At least with that you didn't have to pay for it all up front like with Hitman. You can bet if Hitman doesn't sell well initially, they will push out a sloppy finish. It's sadening to say that with no regulation, the gaming industry is really starting to be a shady business.

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2015 7:59:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 8:07:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
If they want to go all digital, then the price they save on cases/booklets, etc. should reflect on the digital price.

Pretty sure the digital ultimate edition comes at a discount, doesn't it? Not a huge discount but it is cheaper.

And if it isn't.... what's the problem? Just buy everything individually. You'll lose out on early access, sure, but a physical copy would forfeit that bonus anyway.

Sounds about right.

I think buying everything separate still comes to the same price, though only difference is being able to play a couple days early as you said which to me is a nice extra selling point. The sooner myself and everyone else can play the better :D

I can't bring myself to have a digital version of the game personally, something seems wrong about not having a physical copy of the game.

THIS^^^^ 1000x I still hoping Dan changes his mind and offer it physical.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 8:10:45 PM(UTC)
I guess the big question is this: When does preload start? For me that is the deciding factor now since the biggest enticement for it would be early access. For it to be worth it for me(and others with farily slow connections) pre-load needs to start mid August. Saving a few bucks for the bundle is nice and all but if I have to choose between the headache of not being able to play because the preload window wasn't long enough vs paying a bit more for the disc version + VIP+Fast and Furious+Car Pass I'll choose the physical version.
#37 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 8:14:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vicc Damone Go to Quoted Post
If they want to go all digital, then the price they save on cases/booklets, etc. should reflect on the digital price.

Pretty sure the digital ultimate edition comes at a discount, doesn't it? Not a huge discount but it is cheaper.

And if it isn't.... what's the problem? Just buy everything individually. You'll lose out on early access, sure, but a physical copy would forfeit that bonus anyway.

Sounds about right.

I think buying everything separate still comes to the same price, though only difference is being able to play a couple days early as you said which to me is a nice extra selling point. The sooner myself and everyone else can play the better :D

I can't bring myself to have a digital version of the game personally, something seems wrong about not having a physical copy of the game.

THIS^^^^ 1000x I still hoping Dan changes his mind and offer it physical.

That won't happen unfortunately. The Ultimate Preorder has been up too long at this point. If they were to announce a physical LCE after weeks of all the data pointing to no followed by yesterday's confirmation there would be a huge amount of negative feedback. Yes you can technically get the pre-order refunded but it's quite a hassle to do so. I cancelled my DA:I preorder and it took a month of calls before they finally processed the return only to have it go as account credit vs full refund.
#38 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:28:14 PM(UTC)

Sure we do, it has a code for the 10 Year Anniversary Car Pack.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:18:21 PM(UTC)
So its basically the Day One edition.

No matter, I was sleepy anyway.
#40 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 8:01:56 AM(UTC)
As an owner of all of the FM LCEs I am kind of bummed about this like everyone else. Not exactly sure why they aren't doing it seeing how much money they make off of us with all of the DLC packs and VIP memberships.

I wish T10 would at least do what 343 is doing with the collectors editions of Halo 5 where they release them a week in advance but they come with a digital download code where you can preload the game a week in advance before the game actually comes out.. That way they're still getting us to go digital but we get the goodies of the LCE.

Just like everyone else here, I'm gonna ride this out and if it comes down to it, gonna just get the Ultimate Edition in the marketplace.

Edited by user Monday, July 13, 2015 8:04:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 10:16:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Speed Runner 10 Go to Quoted Post
As a day one adopter i have already had to spend out a further hundred quid on a 2TB external hard drive. And lets not mention additional controller, turtle beaches, sound blocks, battery packs etc. then add in my sons fetish for dlc and i reckon, with games purchased thrown in i am around the £2000 spend mark since the xbox one launch.

What amazes me is how T10 seem so off the mark in terms of what their customers want. I have my suspicions they are looking at their market research in a flawed manner, or the research itself is not representing the true picture. Either that or i need to buy back into the Gran Turismo franchise.

You had to buy those things? I must have gotten off easy because nobody showed up at my door and forced me to buy anything. Heck, I don't even know what a turtle beach or a sound block is.
#42 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 10:22:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teacups73 Go to Quoted Post
As a day one adopter i have already had to spend out a further hundred quid on a 2TB external hard drive. And lets not mention additional controller, turtle beaches, sound blocks, battery packs etc. then add in my sons fetish for dlc and i reckon, with games purchased thrown in i am around the £2000 spend mark since the xbox one launch.

What amazes me is how T10 seem so off the mark in terms of what their customers want. I have my suspicions they are looking at their market research in a flawed manner, or the research itself is not representing the true picture. Either that or i need to buy back into the Gran Turismo franchise.

You had to buy those things? I must have gotten off easy because nobody showed up at my door and forced me to buy anything. Heck, I don't even know what a turtle beach or a sound block is.

to be fair, I can see why you'd be annoyed about buying an extra HDD so early on, 500GB was nowhere near enough at launch. I've had my One since last Christmas and it's 70% full, in contrast my 20GB 360 sufficed for two years from 2008 before the console killed itself, and my 250GB 360 isn't full either. Sheer size of the games for the One should have seen 1TB minimum at launch.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#43 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 10:34:06 AM(UTC)

to be fair, I can see why you'd be annoyed about buying an extra HDD so early on, 500GB was nowhere near enough at launch. I've had my One since last Christmas and it's 70% full, in contrast my 20GB 360 sufficed for two years from 2008 before the console killed itself, and my 250GB 360 isn't full either. Sheer size of the games for the One should have seen 1TB minimum at launch.

Sure, if you have a fair number of games and you feel like you need to keep all of them on your hard drive, then you're probably going to want to get an external drive. But of course you don't have to, you can keep the 10 or so games you typically play on your hard drive and just download the others as you want them. Do you really play that many games at the same time? If so, that's your choice, but you'll need to spend $50 on an external drive.

Point being is you don't have to. If you want all the bells and whistles then you'll have to pay for it, but it's your choice. You aren't a victim here, nobody is forcing anything on you.
#44 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 10:38:42 AM(UTC)

Sure, if you have a fair number of games and you feel like you need to keep all of them on your hard drive, then you're probably going to want to get an external drive. But of course you don't have to, you can keep the 10 or so games you typically play on your hard drive and just download the others as you want them. Do you really play that many games at the same time? If so, that's your choice, but you'll need to spend $50 on an external drive.

Point being is you don't have to. If you want all the bells and whistles then you'll have to pay for it, but it's your choice. You aren't a victim here, nobody is forcing anything on you.

Said hard drive also fills with DLC and apps though. Space on the HDD really shouldn't have been an issue so short into the consoles life but sadly, it is.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#45 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 1:23:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bipolar Dolphin Go to Quoted Post

Forza Motorsport games are released every 2 years. People fail to realise that Forza Horizon is not developed by Turn 10, but instead, Playground Games. Everybody wants to complain about the cost of a game, no one is holding a gun to your head to buy it. You are either going to buy it, or you're not. It's not like if you select the regular edition, someone from Redmond is going to show up at your door, and kidnap your pets, and demand that your buy the ultimate edition. If you want the extras that come in the higher editions, then prepare to pay for it, just like everybody else is doing. ;D

Its not so much about the cost of the game but the cost being the same as a hard copy equivalent hence the $79.99 I posted in my reference to Forza 5 LE costing the same as the deluxe digital which sounds to be its digital equivalent if you look at what you are getting.

You are right no one is being forced to buy either hard copy or digital. However, if you like the franchise and want the additional content you are being strong armed to go digital. I have bought all previous FM copies that come with extras and happily shelled out the cash. I am not happy about not having the ability to get all the extras by purchasing physical media and not getting a small additional discount if I do buy digital deluxe or standard digital.

And for the record digital benefits game studios the most. Both Sony and Microsoft are trying very hard to convert gamers to digital purchasers. Think about it. No resale of used videogames means each copy purchased would come directly from the studio via xbox live. More revenue for the studio no resale value for the consumer. Can't sell a used digital copy. Also, a small increase in revenue would likely come from not having to produce physical media. We are a long way from digital only but it appears to be what some video games developers, sony, and microsoft want.

All my opinion. Flame away if you disagree.
FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
#46 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 1:37:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

So we are getting a physical copy? Is that what this is? Source?

#47 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 4:45:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

We never weren't getting a physical copy. We aren't getting a physical Limited Collectors Edition(which includes the same things as the Digital Ultimate minus car pass) that we've gotten with every Forza Motorsport title. That picture is just the standard edition even though it's labeled "Ten Year Anniversary Edition". There's nothing special about it and while it includes the 10 year anniversary car pack, I would bet money they never release a physical copy that does not contain it.

Edited by user Monday, July 13, 2015 4:47:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 5:27:06 PM(UTC)
I wish they would give a definitive explanation as to why they aren't making a physical LCE because it doesn't seem like it's due to consumer demand.

And when I say they I'm referring to Turn 10, not a forum poster's opinion.

🇨🇦
#49 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 6:26:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crucian4 Go to Quoted Post

Sounds about right.

Well... Yes and no i if remember correctly.

I paid $79.99 for FM5 LE.

Ultimate for FM6 is charging $20.00 more for car pass, early access, and Fast and Furious car pack with nothing physical to manufacture...

Doesn't appear to be a win win to me. Feels like a win for Turn10 and Microsoft and and a kick in the butt for loyal consumers of the franchise.

Really not feeling Turn10's decision on this. All digital fine but, what happened to $79.99 if I am getting nothing to hold in my hand and they saved there. Especially if the Fast and Furious cars in my opinion should be part of the game for free. Yes I do realize they most likely had to acquire the license for the game.

Yes. FM5 LE was only $79.99. However, it didn't come with the Car pass like the Ultimate Edition does. The Deluxe digital edition of FM6 is more like FM5 LE because it essentially comes with everything, but the car pass.
#50 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 9:58:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacksBurton Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post

We never weren't getting a physical copy. We aren't getting a physical Limited Collectors Edition(which includes the same things as the Digital Ultimate minus car pass) that we've gotten with every Forza Motorsport title. That picture is just the standard edition even though it's labeled "Ten Year Anniversary Edition". There's nothing special about it and while it includes the 10 year anniversary car pack, I would bet money they never release a physical copy that does not contain it.

And the Limited Edition console comes with the digital 10 year Anniv. copy, correct?

And do we know if we purchase the ultimate digi edition, to we have to DL everything to use it, or could I just apply a code to use with my physical copy?

Edited by user Monday, July 13, 2015 10:01:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error