4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 9:19:14 AM(UTC)
I found out the Answer to which I think many of you were wondering, Will there be a FM6 LCE? And Unfortunately the answer is no.

Dan Greenawalt Tweeted me back earlier and stated very clearly that there will NOT be a FM6 LCE.
https://twitter.com/Ulti...tatus/618965675638411264

I really hope this isn't the end of Forza LCE's because I'm sure Loads of people loved collecting them (myself included). I love having that steel book case and knowing that I have the best version of that game.
One of the big reasons why I'm surprised there's no LCE is because its the 10th Anniversary, I was expecting a huge bundle but instead we got the Ultimate Edition. Why cant they just make a Physical Ultimate Edition with like a Gold Colored Steel book. I loved how Horizon LCE included a Ticket and how Forza 5 LCE had those Stickers (I STILL haven't found a worthy place for them!) This is two years in a row now that there's no LCE and I really DONT want it to be three, I'm sure many of you agree. Turn 10 / Forza Motorsport if your listening Please Consider LCE's Again

So what do you guys think...
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 9:41:44 AM(UTC)
Well, at least there's an answer...
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 9:50:29 AM(UTC)
Don't have to like the answer though.
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 9:56:57 AM(UTC)
The forza 6 xbox one is the limited edition imo.
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 10:28:42 AM(UTC)
Seems like an odd marketing strategy! Seems like Microsoft wants that money being spent to them on the Xbox one! argh!

Edited by user Saturday, July 11, 2015 10:31:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:27:22 AM(UTC)
I doubt that there will be another LE. If there is another LE, it will never be as good as FM3's LE.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:30:07 AM(UTC)
Well that's slightly disappointing.

🇨🇦
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:35:11 AM(UTC)
Seems for all intents and purposes the Forza Xbox One is the physical limited edition version of Forza 6. :P

I don't think the Ultimate Edition really counts as an LCE anyway honestly. You get early access but aside from that it's just an enlarged season pass that happens to include the VIP pack.

Imagine if they released a physical version of the ultimate edition with early access included... that would be the cruelest joke ever xD

Edited by user Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:36:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 12:39:00 PM(UTC)
Well that's rather disappointing. I take it the VIP pack will be a separate day one purchase then *sarcastic wooing*

Edited by user Saturday, July 11, 2015 12:39:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Twitter: @RyHirons
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 2:11:40 PM(UTC)
welcome to the digital age. My welcome to xbox one was using almost 10 percent off a 1tb first day. If they really want people to start downloading every game, they need to make like a 5 TB xbox. one...
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 2:23:38 PM(UTC)
As a day one adopter i have already had to spend out a further hundred quid on a 2TB external hard drive. And lets not mention additional controller, turtle beaches, sound blocks, battery packs etc. then add in my sons fetish for dlc and i reckon, with games purchased thrown in i am around the £2000 spend mark since the xbox one launch.

What amazes me is how T10 seem so off the mark in terms of what their customers want. I have my suspicions they are looking at their market research in a flawed manner, or the research itself is not representing the true picture. Either that or i need to buy back into the Gran Turismo franchise.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:01:48 PM(UTC)
I immediately replied back how disappointing that is to hear, especially for a 10-year anniversary. I would suggest then to allow an ultimate edition "upgrade" for those who are buying the physical copy. I will still wait until before release date, since digital pre-orders aren't going anywhere.

I can see how the business side will put a positive spin on this on how everyone was "willing" to just go digital instead of pushing/forcing the fan base to this end. (spare me the "it's optional" non-sense)
If they want to go all digital, then the price they save on cases/booklets, etc. should reflect on the digital price.
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:10:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: romeoteknik Go to Quoted Post
If they want to go all digital, then the price they save on cases/booklets, etc. should reflect on the digital price.

Pretty sure the digital ultimate edition comes at a discount, doesn't it? Not a huge discount but it is cheaper.

And if it isn't.... what's the problem? Just buy everything individually. You'll lose out on early access, sure, but a physical copy would forfeit that bonus anyway.
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:19:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post

Pretty sure the digital ultimate edition comes at a discount, doesn't it? Not a huge discount but it is cheaper.

And if it isn't.... what's the problem? Just buy everything individually. You'll lose out on early access, sure, but a physical copy would forfeit that bonus anyway.

Sounds about right.

I think buying everything separate still comes to the same price, though only difference is being able to play a couple days early as you said which to me is a nice extra selling point. The sooner myself and everyone else can play the better :D
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:20:48 PM(UTC)
That's what I'm doing, sure I'll have to wait 8 more days but if you have other games to keep you busy until then, you won't really notice it. I've got titanfall and F1 2015 to keep new busy for those 8 days and then it's a forza marathon!
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 4:05:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post

Sounds about right.

I think buying everything separate still comes to the same price, though only difference is being able to play a couple days early as you said which to me is a nice extra selling point. The sooner myself and everyone else can play the better :D

I can't bring myself to have a digital version of the game personally, something seems wrong about not having a physical copy of the game.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 4:22:12 PM(UTC)
Look at what is going on with the new Hitman game. $60 for a digital only release and the game content is released in pieces over time. [Mod Edit - profanity and abbreviated profanity are not allowed - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:56:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 4:31:19 PM(UTC)
damn, i was hoping to buy the LCE or any other special physical edition.
as i enjoy collecting games/consoles to add to my ever growing collection
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 5:18:58 PM(UTC)

If it ends up being that way, then I will order the digital version, there is plenty of time before the release date, no reason to pre-order early.
The reason I mention the discount is because that was the premise in the beginning with companies in general trying to point out how going digital would benefit the users.
I suspect Microsoft will introduce a Steam like app once Windows X is released, therefore all digital at some point.

I'd add that I mention things on behalf of those who do not wish to go digital or perhaps can't (their internet situation?), I pose queries like this on purpose.
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 8:01:50 PM(UTC)
Im quite disappointed by the lack of a LCE because this is the 10 year annyversary and its going to be the first Forza Motorsport game without a LCE :/
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:53:05 PM(UTC)
The profit margins on these must be nil. Steel cases of FM5 were fairly difficult to come by where I live(outside of online of course) after the first few weeks and the Deluxe editions of GT5 and GT6 sold out during the pre-order process. Even the $800 edition of Assetto Corsa that came with the RSeat was hard to come by. It's clear that special editions of racing games sell well so either T10 doesn't like money or these are just a break even ventures used for promotion.
#22 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:33:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post

Sounds about right.

Well... Yes and no i if remember correctly.

I paid $79.99 for FM5 LE.

Ultimate for FM6 is charging $20.00 more for car pass, early access, and Fast and Furious car pack with nothing physical to manufacture...

Doesn't appear to be a win win to me. Feels like a win for Turn10 and Microsoft and and a kick in the butt for loyal consumers of the franchise.

Really not feeling Turn10's decision on this. All digital fine but, what happened to $79.99 if I am getting nothing to hold in my hand and they saved there. Especially if the Fast and Furious cars in my opinion should be part of the game for free. Yes I do realize they most likely had to acquire the license for the game.

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2015 4:46:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
#23 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:50:38 AM(UTC)
I'm really disappointed with Turn10 if this is true. I understand Turn10 and the franchise need to remain profitable to continue to exist but dang. Is Turn10 in trouble financially or so cash strapped it can't split the cost savings of purchasing digital with the consumer?

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:58:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM1 = New XBox / FM2 = New XBox 360 / FM5 = New XBox One
............................................Racing Inspires.........
#24 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 5:22:32 AM(UTC)
I agree with all of you, I just really like having that Case and sure everything will be digital someday. I just hope that they bring back Physical LCE for either FM7 or Horizon 3. I'm thinking about maybe sending a link to this forum to all the Forza People to let them see what the community wants
FH3 Paint Gallery http://forums.forzamotor...Catalog.aspx#post_581712
I only do ULTIMAT3 Burnouts 🚗💨
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:05:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crucian4 Go to Quoted Post
I'm really disappointed with Turn10 if this is true. I understand Turn10 and the franchise need to remain profitable to continue to exist but dang. Is Turn10 in trouble financially or so cash strapped it can't split the cost savings of purchasing digital with the consumer?

There's also retailers to take into account. If they aren't interested in stocking LCEs in the first place then that's the end of that.

Edited by user Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:09:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error