1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:46:30 PM(UTC)
I will like to know if forza 6 will be getting pit stop, real AI running put to change tires,fill back up cars etc?? That will be cool
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 4:01:33 PM(UTC)
Fuel consumption and tire wear are a part of Forza already. They do fill up and chage the tires on the cars already but pitv stop animations would be nice. There's no animation or even people standing there and it kills the immersion and realism when you pit, though I doubt they will bother. What I want to see is the option when you pit to either put on new tires or fill up in fuel or do both. I would love to see if they would be able to implement the car getting faster with less weight due to less fuel. Also sometimes during endurance races in forza 4, I didn't need new tires but just fuel and having the ability to choose what you want would be cool. Obviously Fueling up and changing tires would be a longer stop them just changing tires. Though I doubt any of what I posted will become a reality.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 4:54:36 PM(UTC)
I like the idea of animated pit crews for the sake of realism; however, few Forza races ever necessitate the need for a PIT stop. If we get them, I will be grinning from ear to ear; but, I won't be disappointed if they go absent yet again.
#4 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 5:08:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
I like the idea of animated pit crews for the sake of realism; however, few Forza races ever necessitate the need for a PIT stop. If we get them, I will be grinning from ear to ear; but, I won't be disappointed if they go absent yet again.

Yes most races do nor require a put stop but maybe turn 10 have put animated put stops in to amp up the realism of endurance races.
User is suspended until 5/26/2043 12:51:59 PM(UTC)
#5 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 5:50:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Fuel consumption and tire wear are a part of Forza already. They do fill up and chage the tires on the cars already but pitv stop animations would be nice. There's no animation or even people standing there and it kills the immersion and realism when you pit, though I doubt they will bother. What I want to see is the option when you pit to either put on new tires or fill up in fuel or do both. I would love to see if they would be able to implement the car getting faster with less weight due to less fuel. Also sometimes during endurance races in forza 4, I didn't need new tires but just fuel and having the ability to choose what you want would be cool. Obviously Fueling up and changing tires would be a longer stop them just changing tires. Though I doubt any of what I posted will become a reality.

I think what he means to ask is are these items configurable? As of now you never need to refuel, it's pretty much impossible to run your car out of gas. In terms tires the issue becomes you rarely ever need to pit to replace them. Also it is unclear when they start degrading in grip.

These items really need to be configurable so racers can adjust their pit stops and fuel / tires accordingly when setting up races. Also how will tires work with rain.

I was pretty disappointed to read YAS MARINA won't have rain because it doesn't rain hard there. It does get a bit of rain and it just stinks that something like this can't be made configurable for people. It would be an extra track without having to scan etc. oh well.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:21:47 AM(UTC)
Has there been any changes to fuel use and tire damage? Do tires shred? Does the car use more fuel with engine mods ect?
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:13:58 PM(UTC)
I also wonder if we can have accelerated damage to these aspects like the original forzas.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 2:06:51 PM(UTC)
Am I the only one who wants to know if drivatars will have mechanical damage ? FM5 drivatars had numerous accidents and sometimes drove aggressively causing my car damage yet nothing happened to their cars it was quite annoying.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:45:46 PM(UTC)
I hope pit stops will fix aero damage.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:12:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: speedfreak975 Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one who wants to know if drivatars will have mechanical damage ? FM5 drivatars had numerous accidents and sometimes drove aggressively causing my car damage yet nothing happened to their cars it was quite annoying.

I'm also hoping they take damage, although it's less of an issue here than in Forza Horizon 2 where both you and the AI are expected to crash once or twice a race.
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:14:02 AM(UTC)
[/quote]

I think what he means to ask is are these items configurable? As of now you never need to refuel, it's pretty much impossible to run your car out of gas. In terms tires the issue becomes you rarely ever need to pit to replace them. Also it is unclear when they start degrading in grip.

.[/quote]

You can se when the tires are worn out. push the button up and then step a few pages to the right. this is really annoying! how can I race when the tires condition blocks what I see on the road?
I hope we get back endurance race! Those 2-3-4 laps races are just annoying after played it for several months.. I have to ''hurry'' to take the lead. so the difficulty has to be lower then what I need them to be. anyway it would be great to have it back :) if not endurance race, how about 10-15-20 laps?

#12 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:02:02 PM(UTC)
I remember the biggest problem for me was the pits in FM5, I used to play alot of custom endurance races especially around the indianapolis speedway 50 laps as a money grinding method I would have to pit yet none of the drivatars would making it unrealistic and unfaie which was a disappointment considering FM4 AI received mechanical damage

#13 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:25:59 PM(UTC)
I don't care if I see the dudes running out chaging the tires or not.

I care about options. Just fuel, just tires, different tires, aero changes, etc, and each thing adds an appropriate amount of time to the stop.
#14 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 7:28:22 AM(UTC)
I doubt that these pit options will be included in fm6. Just because no Forza has ever had any pit strategy in the past and this kind of feature has not been announced yet. I don't think it will.

I wasn't aware that AI didn't take damage and didn't need to pit (my endurance racing has all been online league racing) but I hope they fix that! Also as i mentioned above when you pit after taking aero damage, this is not fixed. All other mechanical damage is but not aero. So in an online endurance race, if you do take aero damage your car is slowed for the rest of the race.

In real life this is one of things that can be fixed relatively quickly so it should be repairable in the pits.
#15 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 1:15:20 PM(UTC)
I run/admin an online endurance league with simulation damage. We have no issue with aero being fixed via pit stops. Our wish is to have 2x, 3x, 4x wear/fuel. To be able to run 28 laps at Spa on the same set of tires without losing any time is ridiculous.
#16 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 5:27:27 PM(UTC)
The biggest problem with having animated pit stops would be they'd have to animate each car separately, which with 450+ cars, is a HUGE amount of work.
#17 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 6:08:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZappiestTea0278 Go to Quoted Post
The biggest problem with having animated pit stops would be they'd have to animate each car separately, which with 450+ cars, is a HUGE amount of work.

GT manages to pull it off
#18 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 6:41:58 PM(UTC)
Two words. Never happening. You're asking for a motorsport simulation, which Forza is not.

Notification

Icon
Error