7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 2:26:43 AM(UTC)
As someone who sold tens of thousands of cars via the auction house i take great offence when i see comments regarding the prices asked. We sold turnkey cars tuned and painted properly. Regular sales were 80 to a hundred cars a day. The ignorant and the greedy put cars up for stupid money. We used to laugh at them selling oh five cars! It was fascinating watching people bid on cars. Most of our cars had a buy it now price no bidding needed. I used to sell all 32 NFL teams on the 03 Celica. I had people going along buying every car as fast as i was putting them up.

What this discussion is really about is the loss of community. The ability to co operate with friends and teammates to mutual benefit. It is right to say experienced players would want to help a new starter get going with a couple of cars. Thats human nature. When i was on the 360 there were twelve of us playing as a group. Losing the features off FM5 cost MS and T10 nine sales. The other guys are still playing FM4 or have been forced to move on. That is the damage T10 is doing to its business. Instead they prefer to chase casual gamers. Its a mistake that will come home to roost. What will happen when the tide turns and Horizon outsells Motorsport?

Will the wall have writing on it?
#102 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 9:11:56 AM(UTC)
will be able to sell our cars again? reason i ask is because i wont be buying it other wise, loved that side of it being able to sell cars you modded and designed.
#103 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 9:54:40 AM(UTC)
No, and you'll still by it anyway.
 3 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:47:53 PM(UTC)
Hi guys. I really hope someone from T10 with some sense in him is reading this thread. If not from the release date i sure hope the Auction House, car gifting, paint and decals gifting will be added in a future update. With the focus on microtransactions gone, there should be no more objection to this, right? All these made the community richer, i believe. FM5, FH one and two were fine, but none got me hooked to play and pay for the dlc like FM4. Please bring back the unicorns! Those were awesome to chase!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:49:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#105 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:55:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post

£100 says i wont?

4 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:58:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JYPROJECT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post

£100 says i wont?

Tier 6 Forza score says you will.
#107 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 8:25:20 PM(UTC)
Has anyone from T10 articulated a reason why there is no auction house, storefront, or gifting anymore?

#108 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 2:39:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EvilBlackGuns Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone from T10 articulated a reason why there is no auction house, storefront, or gifting anymore?

No they haven't - they have made it clear these features are gone and that is about it (some suggestion there were issues that were unsolvable/not worth solving, but everything else is conjecture).
#109 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 4:17:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BiggLou55 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Black 97 Kouki Go to Quoted Post
Well that's just more bad news for me. Any word on gifting being available to us this time around.

I'm pretty sure gifting is out too (as are clubs and shared garages). I think it's a pretty safe bet that the FM3/FM4 style storefront/auction house are not coming back in FM6 (or in future Forza titles). We will be able to import our saved FM5 and FH2 tunes, liveries and vinyls. That is an awesome feature for me. I can't tell you how many hours I have invested in tunes and designs, but it's probably more time in game than actually driving!

Per Ekberg, they have redesigned Tune and Design management to make it easier for us to manage our saved/shared tunes/liveries/vinyls as well as better pay out system to make it more worth our while (via credits) to create AND share.

If they truly have totally redesigned the cars from the ground up as they say they have, the liveries should not work between the different versions. The texture mapping would be off.
#110 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 8:45:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EvilBlackGuns Go to Quoted Post

No reasons given. My best guess would be too much time and resources spent on policing hackers/modders - some even charging real money for it. BUT that's only my guess.

Better than always being right is knowing when to shut up
#111 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 9:09:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kdryan Go to Quoted Post

If they truly have totally redesigned the cars from the ground up as they say they have, the liveries should not work between the different versions. The texture mapping would be off.

And there wouldn't be the same inaccuracies in cars as previous FM's lol.

#112 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:52:09 AM(UTC)
Think they took out auction house to try to get people to buy "tokens" which I'd never do anyway. We at least better be able to re-sell cars for like half the price we got them for it we accidently, have two or more of the same car.
 1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:57:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post
There will never be another Forza Motorsport 4! We have our memories. That's not to say we can't have fun with Forza 6.

I'm beginning to just hope they would of got on the "remaster" bandwagon with 4 to be honest.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:11:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chas3n F1 Go to Quoted Post

Let's ignore the credits/auction house, the real disappointment is not being able to send buddies tunes/cars. I still don't understand the reason behind removing that feature.

The ability of people to find ways to abuse such a feature.

I know people will say they should find a way to stop them so as to not punish those who use the features for good purposes but that is the reason.

Everything can be abused, everywhere, anytime if someone chooses to do so.

They can try to stop them, and not pansy out and take the "easy" road but they sure did. I honestly think I'll just stick to 4, never really played 5 at all due to hardly no tracks anyway, and the lack of AA filtering was hideous with lines all over the cars. I did love Horizon 2 though, hope that series get's better and better as it has. But RIP motorsport in my mind :*(

#115 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 3:43:45 PM(UTC)
I really do wish they have gifting and aution house back, it was the key to why I kept playing FM3 and then clubs in FM4 but since the removal of it in slowly losing interests but I've pre ordered it that there is a small chance they will listein to thecommu ity and add it in near future. I've played for 9 years but it seems as its losing its community.
#116 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 1:03:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XanR13 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys. I really hope someone from T10 with some sense in him is reading this thread. If not from the release date i sure hope the Auction House, car gifting, paint and decals gifting will be added in a future update. With the focus on microtransactions gone, there should be no more objection to this, right? All these made the community richer, i believe. FM5, FH one and two were fine, but none got me hooked to play and pay for the dlc like FM4. Please bring back the unicorns! Those were awesome to chase!

Been following T10 since 2007 and FM2
Turn 10 must have issues with pleasing the community as they have notoriously gone against the "community" in respect to online racing.
I believed FM5 was rushed to market and that is why key online features were missing that made FM2/3 so great
FM6 shows that was not the case.

I so hope the league system works for me as there is nothing else to shout about.

Edited by user Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:59:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#117 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:38:51 AM(UTC)
Would anyone be up for paying for clubs? Like DLC wish they would take it into consideration cause it makes it more competitive, the amount of time I spent trying to get 0.100 makes up for the game. It's so enjoyable.
#118 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 7:55:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SypNdrank Go to Quoted Post
Think they took out auction house to try to get people to buy "tokens" which I'd never do anyway. We at least better be able to re-sell cars for like half the price we got them for it we accidently, have two or more of the same car.

This is likely the answer, coupled with the fact that people were abusing the storefront/auction house (requiring moderation, $$$), and such features cost extra money to implement (server space and such $$$$). All in all, it is a very big slap in the face of most of the people I used to play FM4 with (along with not being able to gift tunes and cars, which was a godsend for my club that consisted of known tuners and painters, top 10 drifters, and top 100 P2P and drag racers).

Now let me take a quick moment to explain that I do not enjoy another racing series more than I enjoyed previous Forzas. I love the direction horizon is going in terms of open world forza, but the motorsport series is trying too hard to be the gussied-up yet empty racing-wheel-required hog that project cars turned out to be. Leagues will likely be great. But they come instead of clubs. It's a shame this is the direction the devs decided to go, as fm4 was absolutely jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring, being jam-packed with feature after feature, and we all knew t10 would continue to push the boundaries, but then fm5 dropped, and some of us woke up to the reality that anything beyond basic racing was not really on t10's radar, but maybe that was the way it was meant to be.

People will still buy number 6 as they will buy the new call of duty and the yearly drop of an ea sports game. Purchasing forza games and their accompanying dlc has now become a ritual, as opposed to the tinsel-draped christmas morning it once was. T10, we read you loud and clear: "Long live DLC, tokens, stripped out games, and let us hope that the inevitable death of the drag racer, drifter, painter, and wheeler dealer does not take too long, so the true forza fans, the circuit racers, will not have to share their precious game development cycle with anyone else."

So as I say thank you to turn 10, I thank them for what they did right, but there might not be much to feel thankful for once I load up FM6. I hope I am proved wrong, but I have a feeling I won't be. And for those of you who read this whole post before frothing at the mouth due to the heretical words put forth, thank you. I don't intend to jab at anyone here (unless you call the shots for fm development), but merely wish to express the frustrations felt by many people who are not just racers.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
#119 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 9:44:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SypNdrank Go to Quoted Post

Given that tokens aren't in FM6 at this point, that is doubtful - more likely other issues that weren't worth trying to resolve.. Also cars can be sold for a portion of their purchase cost.
 2 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 1:26:26 AM(UTC)
Buying and finding cool designs and cars in FM5 is a chore. Theyre taking artists away from the game, when they used to be so supportive of them. With the removal of storefronts and AH theres no recognition for the amount of work that goes into making a design. Not to mention no monetary benefit either. I agree with all of your posts above. Its lazy to ignore an issue and just remove it when so many people in this community cared so much about it.
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 3:14:29 AM(UTC)
Turn 10: We listen to the community!

The Community: Cool then we would like the Auction House, Store Front and public custom player lobbies ect... back in the game please.

Turn 10:....

The Community: Turn 10? Hello are you there?

Turn 10: *Crickets*

Fanboy#1: *excuses*

Fanboy#2: *excuses*

Fanboy#3: *excuses*

Seriously though my Friends and I WILL be voting with our wallets, I'm sure we would be happy if Turn 10 was more proactive on these forums because that would hopefully prevent having features that are loved by the community removed from the game in the first place.

Please Turn 10 ACTUALLY listen to the community!
AMD Ryzen 1700X | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero | Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200 | Asus ROG STRIX 8gb RX480 | Samsung 28" U28H750 QLED 4K | Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
#122 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:35:42 AM(UTC)
Was just for first time looking at UK price for forza 6 ultimate,not cheap at £82! but I've always purchased best version of forza,best franchise on Xbox,all the games upto and inc 4 were one way or another great,away from racing there was always a community feel via auction house,gifting,custom lobbies etc etc,games had a vibrant feel to them.
When xboxone hit I purchased straightaway because of forza5,I've never spent a fraction of the time playing it simply as outside of being on track the games always felt cold and sterile with so many options missing,like many I put that down to time restraints being a launch game.
Now looking here and around web I see other than a few tracks having rain and night racing,forza 6 appears to be forza 5 still stripped down from previous great forza incarnations,very sad to say I can't buy forza 6,first time ever and never thought I'd feel that way.
Hope maybe turn 10 will listen for forza 7 and give longterm fans back what made them fans in first place.
 1 user liked this post.
#123 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 6:52:29 AM(UTC)
Goong to throw my opinion in here, and a little controversial it may be.

I don't mind the loss of the AH. I used it loads, yeah, but I wouldn't have called it an integral part of FM in my eyes. The storefront also doesn't worry me -I like the new one just as much.

What does ypset me is the gifting scenario. There were tomes on FM2, FM3, FM4, and FHI whereby I'd often send someone a car that they've wanted for a while (if I had the cash, that is), or a tune setup, or a design or vinyl. Now I can't do that, and it does upset me a little that I can't help people like that anymore. I'm running a racing series on FM6 that's proving popular, but now I will not be able to send my team mate the design or tune for their car and vice versa. Designs will have to be shared and tunes uploaded, or read out for individual settings - an inconvenience tbh.

That being said, the lack of modder's and hacker's ability to unlock and clone your cars has made it much better for us. I say the pro here almost outweighs the negatives...

Your local Classic Car, Ferrari, McLaren and Koenigsegg enthusiast :)
Played: FM > FM2 > FM3 > FM4 > FH > FM5 > FH2 > FM6 > FH3 > FM7
#124 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 6:56:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dribbly Midget Go to Quoted Post

What does ypset me is the gifting scenario. There were tomes on FM2, FM3, FM4, and FHI whereby I'd often send someone a car that they've wanted for a while (if I had the cash, that is), or a tune setup, or a design or vinyl. Now I can't do that, and it does upset me a little that I can't help people like that anymore. I'm running a racing series on FM6 that's proving popular, but now I will not be able to send my team mate the design or tune for their car and vice versa. Designs will have to be shared and tunes uploaded, or read out for individual settings - an inconvenience tbh.

I agree, and made a long post about gifting in the Features Wishlist thread explaining why I think it should return, at least for paints and tunes:

Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post
After spending some time with Forza Horizon 2 recently (I bought an Xbox One last week) I have come to conclusion on the one feature I feel most strongly about wanting to see make a return to the Forza series: Gifting of User-Generated Content.

I'm a creative person and have been heavily involved in art and design since I was a child. As such when I want to customise my cars in Forza I strive to have a car with a high quality appearance; one with accurate and well-created logos for example. You can see some of this in my signature as I was an active livery painter in the past when I had more free time.

After a week of playing Forza Horizon 2 (the first Forza I've played since Turn 10 removed the Gifting options) I have come to realise that the vast majority of design work created by people is flat out bad in terms of design quality. This is understandable as the game has a huge fan base and only a small percentage of that would have the time, talent and patience to spend hours creating detailed, accurate logos and applying them to cars with consistent design principles. It simply makes "finding the good stuff much harder" (unless you follow the Paint Forums).

However, what has become clear to me is that as everybody now has to create every single detail themselves the overall design quality of logos and liveries is far weaker than what I was used to seeing in Forza Motorsport 4. For certain cars, even the best livery designers may not have the time and talent necessary to painstakingly (re)create every detail to perfection. In the past that did not seem to matter much as there was a great sense of collaboration within the paint community and if somebody couldn't quite get a part of their car to look right, another painter would step in and share some of their talents to make the car "complete".

An example from tonight of how things stand currently: I was looking for a Pirelli logo vinyl as I didn't have time to create one. When I did a search I had to scroll past hundreds of logos before I could find one that was accurate in terms of its shape proportions. This is not a complicated logo either, it was only 18 layers when I made one back on the 360, but in order to find one of decent accuracy I had to sift past dozens of "default font" type-outs, badly-proportioned interpretations and so-on. It was simply disappointing. I get the same feeling when looking for complete designs for any car I buy.

So to cut this wall of text down to size let me say this: The gifting of user-generated content between friends was a great way to maintain community interest and a great way to create high quality work. Not having this feature limits the true potential of the painting and tuning tools available to us as less than a handful of painters and tuners truly have the talent and time to create astounding work on their own. Please consider bringing back this feature, as it will have an immensely positive effect on the creativity that this series is capable of producing.

#125 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 10:01:03 AM(UTC)
As it goes, I used to do a small amount of flipping on the auction house to make a quick buck. But any old tuning garage from the FM2 days will tell you how the storefront changed the AH a lot and hence, I don't think the loss of the auction house is that substantial, but the loss of the AH, SF and gifting altogether is. The one thing I'll miss the most is gifting, now I can't gift any files over to friends and team mates and they can't send any to me. Actually, myself and PJ above between us must have gifted dozens of mainly tunes in my case and paints in his case!

But from a team perspective, there's not even any club feature so I can't share cars with team mates. Equally, we could have used that to have more cars between us to make the file limits less of a hindrance but alas, there's now hardly any player to player interaction bar online racing and whatever sharing we have.
7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error