7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
Rank: On the Podium
 5 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 10:15:58 AM(UTC)
talk about beating a dead horse.

the auction house was bad for...stealing paints and tunes. people keep talking about cars for cheap, i remember cars for 999 million
yup the auction house was awesome for the community blow outs. those were a lot of fun, or the limited release cars ( paint and tune ) but other than that i never used it

gifting was nice because we could then colab and do community colab cars etc.
you dont need to gift anything to get your buddies tunes or paints. you cant gift a car or fredits..... but what does that mean? you have to race a little bit? the nerve

i hear people complain about EA and having everything available to purchase the day the game comes out, not fair because people just buy all the best guns etc. whats the difference? if you can just gift your buddy everything.

its a game meant to be played for fun...it seems like a lot of people just take that part of it way to serious. of course there will always be things we dont like but to me... all these things are way less of an issue than, i want to be able to pick matte or metallic when i paint layer groups. id rather be able to put matte images on a metallic car or vice versa then i would an AH or a storefront. its not that hard to find a paint. the only bummer about it is having to take 4 steps to get it instead of 2.

finding tunes is also rather easy. follow a tuner and his tunes come up first. simple. i do wish however you could then scroll tunes by star ratings. have all the 5 star then 4 star 3, etc. or maybe by horsepower. even alphabetical by GT would make it just a little easier. i have stumbled across a few really nice tunes i would have never tried just because i had to browse them .

and a simple visit to the forum lets you find out all the info you need for any car or tune. not to mention all the open source tunes. people giving away stuff they could make money off of
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#77 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:26:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Hacking, modding, profile and gamer tag theft, lizard squad etc etc.

Both MS and Sony had to do something. Unfortunately it seems to have come at the cost of a number of server based features. This isn't unique to FM. As far as I'm aware all current gen games are broadly the same in this respect. Of course, some games have taken a bigger hit than others and have lost features that were very popular. You can still find games that allow custom lobbys and allow the searching of lobbys, and perhaps even trading between players but these appear to be hosted by the game developer and not on XBL.

There is another issue that MS had to deal with. If you download something they are to a degree responsible for it. Putting cars on the AH with images and/or text that would be regarded as offensive certainly wouldn't have helped.





We can put paints up now.

We can put tunes up now.

The end user still gets access to those paints and tunes. They can still break the rules.

I still believe your logic is flawed here.

Auction House was a specific decision from what I have seen.

With lobbies, from an article I am trying desperately to find, I believe it is simply to do with how matchmaking was designed to work rather than any lock downs.

Given what we are still able to do I do not think your argument holds up.



HOW YOU ARE PULLING BAG SatNiteEduardo from Turn 10 !!!!
You are one of UNICOS DEFENDING here.
I predict another failure with the community!

Sorry, my English. I from Brazil!

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#78 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:33:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MVG skyshadow5 Go to Quoted Post
I know that Turn 10 via DG have stated that there will be no AH or gifting or storefront in FM6. Some claim that it is because it was abused by people who exploited it and made billions of in-game credits. Well, IF Turn 10 had written the code for the AH properly, there would never have been a glitch to exploit, so "blaming the people who ruined it for the rest of us" is somewhat of a cop-out.
Turn 10 made the game, they wrote the code that allowed the AH to be exploited so they needed to do a better job and not blame everyone else, and do a better job next time, if indeed there ever is a next time!

Clearly the AH was a very popular feature and rightly so as those members who have an artistic talent or are gifted tuners could sell their wares for a reasonable fee. It also allowed competition organisers to pay out to winners, a great community benefit that Turn 10 has removed. New releases from garages and special editions were sold on the Auction House and (if it was coded properly) were bought by lucky people who could get something amazing to show off when racing in multi-player.

Gifting tunes and paints was an essential element allowing racing leagues to hold competitions on Forza. A team could have their painter create the livery, one for each team member with the correct names and or race number on them, and send them to the team members to be easily applied. The same goes for the tune; you would either have a single tuner who created the tune and gifted it to all the team or one or more people would work on the tune together and fine tune it to to each team members liking. These were then easily distributed by gifting which allowed the recipient to apply it to their car and have both the parts installed and tune applied at once, a simple and excellent idea and perfect for league racing teams; Turn 10 has removed this.

The storefront (in Forza 4) allowed people to show off their work be it the creation of vinyls, liveries or tunes and also host photos and replays which could be easily viewed by anyone. Again this is good idea and added to the community element of the game; Turn 10 has removed this.

I can understand wanting to move the game forward but as far as community features and usability are concerned this is not moving the game forward at all. It is a backwards step if anything, and at worst it is a slap in the face to the community. For the people using this franchise for league racing, Forza 4 remains the last workable incarnation of Forza Motorsport and as a lot of league racing is shown on YouTube for millions to see, or, as in the case of TORA, on Motors TV in the UK, yes Forza 4 actually on television, I mean could Turn 10 get any better FREE advertising??

And yet with all these benefits of community features available to them they decide to scrap the lot and use a system that makes the current version, FM5, and now the next version, FM6, a shadow of the former game as far as the community is concerned, why?

The game might look better, and so it should do being on a newer and more powerful console, but at what cost? Do the majority of people really want to open the doors of these cars and look at yet another leather interior or do they want to get in them and race them? It is a supposed to be a racing game after all.
IF Turn 10 gave a [self edit b4 the mods tell me off so I'll use the word stuff instead] stuff about the community that expose this game to a far wider audience than they alone could with all the race footage uploaded to social media, then they would be doing everything they could to enhance and develop the community side of the game, but they are not, they have done the polar opposite and removed all the community features; these actions alone should tell the long standing fans of this franchise what Turn 10 really thinks of them, and that is a shame, as it is the long standing fans of Forza that keep the game alive when the casual crashers and bangers have moved on to the next thing they can find to annoy people.
DG and Turn 10 should be ashamed of what they have done to this franchise, since the release of Forza 5 it is going steadily backwards, albeit with a better shine & polish, but still, backwards.

~sky~


I fully agree!

They took cars, tracks, features, etc...
And by presenting a setback, lost E3 for Need for Speed

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#79 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:39:39 AM(UTC)
Congratulations Dan Greenawal! By screwing again the Forza again not serving the community claim!
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 5:24:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XBR Calmax Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations Dan Greenawal! By screwing again the Forza again not serving the community claim!



Code of Conduct for Forzamotorsport.net Community Forums



Rank: Driver's Permit
#81 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:31:56 AM(UTC)
Do people realize that there is no way to "Mod" on xbox one like people used to on the xbox 360? Saying that T10 removed the auction house and the storefront, gifting, club, etc. because of "Hackers", "cheaters", "glitchers", etc. is all BS. You know why? Because is not possible to "Mod" on FM5 and FM6. That is why they should listen to the community and bring back these amazing features once again. Although I'm not denying one day someone will find a way to exploit the console but it will pass years before that happens just like it happened on its predecessor. These are safe days for the company... the game is going backwards with all these social features removed. Too bad indeed, I'm not doing the mistake twice and buy FM6. This is as far as I will go. Sorry for my bad english... peace out
Rank: Driver's Permit
#82 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:01:57 AM(UTC)
Ahhh skipped FM5 right through 6 and pre'd FM6 ultimate last week, after reading the feature page and this thread, I think I will cancel the preorder, I played he** ouf of Auction House in FM3 & FM4, didn't realize FM5 was that bad until couple weeks ago and now seeing FM6 having only 80% of the cars that FM4 used to offer is mind-boggling, seems the next-gen FM is no longer the one used to be.

Edited by user Friday, July 24, 2015 10:05:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:28:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JRBigZ Go to Quoted Post
Ahhh skipped FM5 right through 6 and pre'd FM6 ultimate last week, after reading the feature page and this thread, I think I will cancel the preorder, I played he** ouf of Auction House in FM3 & FM4, didn't realize FM5 was that bad until couple weeks ago and now seeing FM6 having only 80% of the cars that FM4 used to offer is mind-boggling, seems the next-gen FM is no longer the one used to be.


Are you for real?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#84 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:08:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JRBigZ Go to Quoted Post
Ahhh skipped FM5 right through 6 and pre'd FM6 ultimate last week, after reading the feature page and this thread, I think I will cancel the preorder, I played he** ouf of Auction House in FM3 & FM4, didn't realize FM5 was that bad until couple weeks ago and now seeing FM6 having only 80% of the cars that FM4 used to offer is mind-boggling, seems the next-gen FM is no longer the one used to be.


Are you for real?


In terms of in game content I think they are joking.

Rank: Driver's License
#85 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 8:12:07 PM(UTC)
Auction House and Storefront were part of what made FM4 so fun. Though with all of the ridiculousness on the AH I had wondered if it wouldn't have worked better if it were more like a used car lot where the seller names their price and the first person to pay up gets the car. I can't tell you how annoying it was constantly having people try to bid at the very last second. I would have thought that they would have eventually figured out that doing that reset the clock to 2 minutes and they would never win the auction by bidding that way. Sadly, they never did figure it out. Storefront made me a few extra credits from some logos that I made. It was fun seeing that others were using and enjoying those things.

I still hold out some hope that the AH and Storefront gave way to a better way for players to buy and sell cars and other items to each other. I guess we;ll just have to wait and see.

Edited by user Monday, July 27, 2015 8:16:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#86 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:07:07 AM(UTC)
If its true that the Xbox One platform cannot be hacked at this time then T10 have no excuse for the loss of community features. I personally think all the community activity is being focussed on FH games. Its whole ethos has more of a community feel.

We believe we have video evidence of a 'hack tune' which we are keeping safe for now while we look for more corroborating evidence.

The comments so far regarding an improved filing system do not fill me with optimism. You can already check all the things mentioned apart from how much money any paint/tune has made. What needs sorting is the method of curating your saved files. The current method is **** .

I believe FM6 is likely to be the last version i buy. No community features. no proper credit given for time spent painting and the predominance of noddy car unrealistic tuning means me and my big wallet will be gone. Its all down to T10.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#87 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:00:11 AM(UTC)
Couldn't care less about gifting and the Auction House. But why the Storefront has been MIA is the most baffling thing of all.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#88 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:17:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Couldn't care less about gifting and the Auction House. But why the Storefront has been MIA is the most baffling thing of all.


It was explained that the AH, SF, and gifting are all inextricably tied together. One cannot exist without the others. I would think that they could keep the AH and SF hidden and inaccessible while allowing gifting, but I don't know much about coding so I'm probably wrong.

For those that are saying the Xbone can't be hacked, think again. ANYTHING can be hacked! Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be. Sony's main servers have been hacked twice now. As consoles move ever closer to the PC world, I fear they may become even easier to hack. Xbox has traditionally had pretty good security so I have faith that they will remain vigilant.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#89 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:04:26 AM(UTC)
On second thoughts I guess it would be odd to have a storefront when there's nothing to actually sell. I did like how it centralised the paint schemes made by a specific artist though, regardless of vehicle.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:50:53 AM(UTC)
There will never be another Forza Motorsport 4! We have our memories. That's not to say we can't have fun with Forza 6.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#91 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:28:17 PM(UTC)
The Auction house was ok but I never really used it due to hacking or people asking for ridiculous prices. I loved gifting, that was a great idea. Yes it's a lot harder to hack the Xbox one but I'm sure someone has done it and I personally wouldn't want forza to risk having the AH back in case it happens again. The Storefront being gone is baffling though, I still don't know why they did that. Speed Runner 10 said that FH games are focused more about the community than FM games and he's 100% spot on, though it shouldn't be that way. Coding shouldn't be a problem for two reasons. 1. I'd presume they'd coded the SF, AH and gifting seperately and then just merged them together as they were under different menus and headings, it would be a very awkward script or code If they did it all together but split them up, it would be harder that way and waste more time and 2. I think they would have to start from scratch because if it being next Gen, transferring scripts and codes may be trick and some of the coding or scripting had holes or glitches in then so it would be easier for them to start from scratch. I'd love the Storefront and gifting back but the AH was a swing and a miss for me.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#92 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:46:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
The Auction house was ok but I never really used it due to hacking or people asking for ridiculous prices. I loved gifting, that was a great idea. Yes it's a lot harder to hack the Xbox one but I'm sure someone has done it and I personally wouldn't want forza to risk having the AH back in case it happens again. The Storefront being gone is baffling though, I still don't know why they did that. Speed Runner 10 said that FH games are focused more about the community than FM games and he's 100% spot on, though it shouldn't be that way. Coding shouldn't be a problem for two reasons. 1. I'd presume they'd coded the SF, AH and gifting seperately and then just merged them together as they were under different menus and headings, it would be a very awkward script or code If they did it all together but split them up, it would be harder that way and waste more time and 2. I think they would have to start from scratch because if it being next Gen, transferring scripts and codes may be trick and some of the coding or scripting had holes or glitches in then so it would be easier for them to start from scratch. I'd love the Storefront and gifting back but the AH was a swing and a miss for me.


Whether they were 3 separate pieces of code or not you would probably find that they used common pieces of code (which is often more efficient as it means you don't have the same string 3 times over - more code lines equals more problems basically). They would use a common piece of code (probably a script that took the item/cr from you and gave it ta another player as that would be a common system).
Rank: Driver's Permit
#93 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:33:10 PM(UTC)
I think we should make a petition for auction house. I'm really sad that won't put it in the game:( any idea why?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#94 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:15:51 AM(UTC)
AH not going to come back while those tokens are there, no one will buy tokens if AH was there, I think F6 will be a shell of a game, you can't keep taking stuff out of a game, F5 to me is like playing a demo, I can't see F6 be any better, like others stated no AH, Storefront etc etc, who want's 450 cars, more than half are garbage. I think the olny way t10 will bring those features back is if you hurt them in there pocket and no one buys the game, if people keep buying it, it never change it just get worst as time goes on.
Rank: Racing Permit
#95 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:33:05 AM(UTC)
What **** es me off is the lack of information that they give us before the game is released and then they act surprised when the community is outraged after the release of the game and we see everything that was left out of the game. Turn10 remember fm5 it flopped because you guys weren't upfront with the community
Rank: Racing Permit
#96 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 2:44:30 AM(UTC)
Nothing will change until another racer emerges as competition to t10 . they really dont care about our complaints s sometimes i feel like they feel like they have to trick is into buying the game which is sad and shows how out of touch they are with the community.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:01:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post
There will never be another Forza Motorsport 4! We have our memories. That's not to say we can't have fun with Forza 6.

You are so correct my friend.

The avalanche of requests for Storefront, Gifting and Auction house, all being 100% ignored I think simply proves that Turn 10 discarded them because they want to make money off of the ...... people that actually buy tokens. All of the problems with the auction house and the absurd prices for cars.... seriously? That's the reason? Just put a limit on car prices or figure out some other coded solution. Listen, hackers are gonna hack, auction house or not. Credits are still valuable because cars are still expensive. So hackers will still hack. It's a fun challenge for them.

If the reason why they got rid of Auction House was the hackers and car prices they would bring back gifting and Storefronts. Trust me, they are not interconnected. This is a new platform anyway. It can be whatever they want it to be. But gifting would mean you don't have to buy a car. More reason to buy tokens to get the car you're not willing to grind for. But why Storefronts are not there is so far beyond me its not even funny.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#98 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:51:05 AM(UTC)
Tell you guys what, no one buy the game,unless you don't want to miss out on another big demo of a game, that would hurt Turn 10's pockets and they would/should consider putting the features back in because they want their money back in their pocket! Simples
(Oo\SKYLINE/oO)-BNR34
(OO\SKYLINE/OO)-BCNR33
(O-O\SKYLINE/O-O)-BNR32
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#99 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:41:43 PM(UTC)
I get the outrage... i do. I loved 4! But how can you just put 6 off as a failure without knowing the grand details? What we know is good stuff. i mean 450 cars plus the anni pack and ff pack right out the gate. 26 courses probably with a lot of various tweaks for more than that. The leagues could be a good thing. Career seems to be massive. We don't even really know what online will entail. There might be a lot of modes and such. I'm just saying it looks like they learned some stuff after 5 and it's good to be hopeful until we know.

Edited by user Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:43:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#100 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 12:18:16 AM(UTC)
Problem is we dont know the details because they re not putting out the details the ppl want to know.... So when ppl start guessing this is what happens.
7 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error