7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 10:45:56 AM(UTC)
What is a games "life span"? FM tends to release every 24 months or so and even back in FM2,3 and 4 days the games had gone relatively quiet before the next release. I think it'll do just fine and it'll attract just the same level of activity regardless of gifting, clubs etc not being there. I think I'm a reasonably typical player. I've had all the games and racked up a ridiculous number of hours. But, I don't download paints or tunes and I never used the AH. I did put a few bits on my SF in FM4 but really, was that a major component of the game? TBH it wasn't even fun or interesting.

All of the important race related stuff is there with some exciting new features. Content is way up and from what has been said so far both graphics and physics have taken another step. You have always been able to run a custom lobby but in current games these don't appear to be searchable as they were FM4<. This may have nothing to do with the developers but will it hurt the game? Probably not. The overwhelming majority of players just jump into a room.

7 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 11:08:25 AM(UTC)
To say that painting, tuning and dealing with the storefront is not exciting and or important is very closed minded and one sided. Since FM4 I have probably spent at least twice as much time painting as I have racing. For myself and many others getting our designs out in a format we want is hugely important.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:07:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
What is a games "life span"? FM tends to release every 24 months or so and even back in FM2,3 and 4 days the games had gone relatively quiet before the next release. I think it'll do just fine and it'll attract just the same level of activity regardless of gifting, clubs etc not being there. I think I'm a reasonably typical player. I've had all the games and racked up a ridiculous number of hours. But, I don't download paints or tunes and I never used the AH. I did put a few bits on my SF in FM4 but really, was that a major component of the game? TBH it wasn't even fun or interesting.

All of the important race related stuff is there with some exciting new features. Content is way up and from what has been said so far both graphics and physics have taken another step. You have always been able to run a custom lobby but in current games these don't appear to be searchable as they were FM4<. This may have nothing to do with the developers but will it hurt the game? Probably not. The overwhelming majority of players just jump into a room.

60% of reason why i have preodered my copy of FM6UE - is because its unique option to create custom livery
30% because of its ~500 cars to use this option on
10% to drive this custom painted cars and to see other people's work.

2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 1:51:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post
To say that painting, tuning and dealing with the storefront is not exciting and or important is very closed minded and one sided. Since FM4 I have probably spent at least twice as much time painting as I have racing. For myself and many others getting our designs out in a format we want is hugely important.

You misread my post - for some inexplicable reason it happens a lot on this forum.

I said I don't download paints and tunes.

I make my own. Painting is important and tuning is vital to the game. I buy the game for the driving so for me the AH and SF was just a bit of padding that I personally found a bit tiresome. But that's beside the point which was to do with shelf life. C'mon guys take a little more time reading someone's post before jumping in with both feet.

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2015 1:53:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 2:29:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Ace Ventura Go to Quoted Post

You misread my post - for some inexplicable reason it happens a lot on this forum.

I said I don't download paints and tunes.

I make my own. Painting is important and tuning is vital to the game. I buy the game for the driving so for me the AH and SF was just a bit of padding that I personally found a bit tiresome. But that's beside the point which was to do with shelf life. C'mon guys take a little more time reading someone's post before jumping in with both feet.

Stop relying on technicalities. People are understanding what you are saying just fine. You are saying the game will be just fine and does not need features that you do not use. Others want them. They are a big deal. You are out of touch with what people want and seem to have a lot more faith in the devs than a lot of players who frequent these forums.

The one point that I believe is valid is we do not know the improvements that have been made to the UGC system. If it doesn't cut it then a lot of painters will not be happy and plain black will be the most popular paints again.
I blame the ants.
 4 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:26:12 PM(UTC)
No auction house? I don't think I'll be getting forza 6 on release then, I'll wait until it's in the bargain bin. I loved selling cars and buying on the auction, as did many others
I thought it wasn't in FM5 because of time restrictions, clearly I was wrong.

Edited by user Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 5:53:16 AM(UTC)

Game lifespan is normally over a year for forza. FM5 started declining after a few months. You're an atypical player or a loner in the forza world. While there are a bunch of you, there are many more who stayed involved primarily from a combination of features you may or may not have mentioned.

One feature alone wont break the game, but combine that one feature with many others and several annoyances you get all this frustration.

Cars + tracks are a nice bandaid for the problems, but not the solution.

The addition of weather, night, new single player, new league thing, and new way of managing files may be enough to keep most happy but we'll see.
 5 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 7:47:44 AM(UTC)
So clubs aren't even in the game anymore either? Are they just trying to make sure this game has no community features or what?
#34 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 8:35:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post
So clubs aren't even in the game anymore either?

Clubs are not in Forza Motorsport 6, no.
 4 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:01:59 AM(UTC)
Vote with your wallets, they say it has no effect but look at all the crazy things Microsoft backed off before the xbone dropped. Maybe they will listen to us then.

Edited by user Monday, June 29, 2015 9:02:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:13:59 PM(UTC)
Although many of us insist aution house to be included in FM 6, it seems like Turn 10 isn't willing to provide it. Because they have tokens to sell.
 4 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:02:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT DABRANHAM Go to Quoted Post
Vote with your wallets, they say it has no effect but look at all the crazy things Microsoft backed off before the xbone dropped. Maybe they will listen to us then.

I'll have to agree here. I gave up on Microsoft with all the BS that they were talking about doing when they first released the XB1. The second they decided to make sense, and listen to their customers who already pay a lot of money for those services - that's when I started to listen again.

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any."

I definitely don't plan on wasting my money on Forza this time around, and I'll encourage every single gamer I know to do the same. The only reason I purchased FM5 was because I was unaware that there would be no Auction House, and I won't make that mistake twice.

I'm my opinion the AH is what tied everything Forza "was about" together. That's right... I said, "WAS".

The Auction House gave purpose to creating a team. Another dimension if you will. Another way to create an income to support a crew or club in their quest to becoming a better racing team if they weren't already. All the different competitions or contests for photos or themed liveries are gone and have since been replaced with **** AI (oh my bad.... "DRIVATARDS"). Wake up people, ITS STILL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!

All I'm saying is, stop making excuses for Microsoft or Turn 10 - They do a great job of that without any help as it is.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:31:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Servant of Hell Go to Quoted Post
So clubs aren't even in the game anymore either? Are they just trying to make sure this game has no community features or what?

Clubs in FM4 were just a way of showing off that you were in the club. The club leaderboards didn't prove anything and the club sharing was god awful.

I'd say if they were to put clubs in, at least make it function well. The club feature didn't add anything to the community because the clubs already existed.
 4 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:44:09 PM(UTC)
Night & day, wet or dry and 3d puddles do not make a good racing game. If as they state the gifting and sharing on FM4 was glitched then that is their fault for badly coding it, SO FIX IT and implement it properly as it is an important feature for league race teams to share paints and tunes.

FM4 had so many elements that made it a perfect choice for racing leagues so I just don't understand why they dropped all of it's good features and replaced them with a system that no-one (I know) liked. The storefront and more importantly the auction house allowed painters and tuners to get properly paid for their hard work yet the current system completely undervalues the time and effort it takes to produce some of the artistic masterpieces you see. It is no surprise then that so many very talented artists no longer play Forza games, which is a loss to the community as a whole.

Turn 10 remind me of the three brass monkeys "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing". They effectively stopped listening to and properly engaging with their long term fans soon after the launch of FM4 and they have continued to follow their own agenda ever since. The lack of substance in FM5 and from what we have heard so far, in FM6 too, proves they are listening to themselves only and not the long standing fans who have played the game for the last ten years, you know, the ones who actually encounter the issues and know what works and what doesn't work, what is actually useful and what is pointless fluff.

Rant over (for now).
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:15:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MVG skyshadow5 Go to Quoted Post
Night & day, wet or dry and 3d puddles do not make a good racing game. If as they state the gifting and sharing on FM4 was glitched then that is their fault for badly coding it, SO FIX IT and implement it properly as it is an important feature for league race teams to share paints and tunes.

FM4 had so many elements that made it a perfect choice for racing leagues so I just don't understand why they dropped all of it's good features and replaced them with a system that no-one (I know) liked. The storefront and more importantly the auction house allowed painters and tuners to get properly paid for their hard work yet the current system completely undervalues the time and effort it takes to produce some of the artistic masterpieces you see. It is no surprise then that so many very talented artists no longer play Forza games, which is a loss to the community as a whole.

Turn 10 remind me of the three brass monkeys "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing". They effectively stopped listening to and properly engaging with their long term fans soon after the launch of FM4 and they have continued to follow their own agenda ever since. The lack of substance in FM5 and from what we have heard so far, in FM6 too, proves they are listening to themselves only and not the long standing fans who have played the game for the last ten years, you know, the ones who actually encounter the issues and know what works and what doesn't work, what is actually useful and what is pointless fluff.

Rant over (for now).

Right on bro, A lot truth here and T 10 don't care.
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:43:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: joediesle Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MVG skyshadow5 Go to Quoted Post

Rant over (for now).

Right on bro, A lot truth here and T 10 don't care.

I sure hope they do... I only b*tch because I know what Turn 10 is actually capable of.

I'm so tired of people saying that FM is overrated, but for the moment it seems so true in comparison to what it used to be. I remember spending hours on end "AT WORK" thinking about what I'd do on FM when I got home. Of course I followed the Auction House when I was away from my Xbox, but there was tons more to follow with your club/team as well! And good reason. There was tons of awesome activity on FM.net back then! Paint clubs, race teams, awesome weekend races, photography contests, etc...

There's just no logical reason for them removing all the community features they did really. I really hate to see them tank like this.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:29:21 PM(UTC)
I wonder how long it'll be before they realize that it's the "community's interaction" that keeps this game fresh and entertaining? New liveries at no cost to the DEVs??? I'd think that it would be worth some in game credits (fake money) at the very least??? And I'm not talking about the 1-2hr pieces of rubbish made using their in game manufacturer decals. I'm talking about the decals that people research and recreate to release a limited time replica livery for the adoring fans of whatever race genre the artist decided to spend 12 hours on that weekend.

That's a huge aspect of what makes FM so awesome,....

and they're slowly losing it every year they decide to ignore that obvious fact.
 2 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:32:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SkyyHI8o8 Go to Quoted Post
I sure hope they do... I only b*tch because I know what Turn 10 is actually capable of.

Turn 10 are capable of making the best racing game ever made, unfortunately based on what I've seen and heard, that'll have to wait till forza 7.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:20:36 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - profanity and obscured profanity are not allowed - MM] I'm finally over it. I'm done. I just had an experience that has done it for me, and I've hit my limit of BS. Thanks FM for regressing. Go "NEED FOR SPEED!!!"

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:41:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 2:38:07 AM(UTC)
please please please give us auction house its what the fans want. we need to start a petition
#46 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:11:58 AM(UTC)
i just want to know if the auction house is coming back ? i hope so personally
#47 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:12:29 AM(UTC)
No. Been stated by greenwalt.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#48 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:18:22 AM(UTC)
thanks for ruining my day lol, only joking
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:59:31 PM(UTC)
I fear this thread will be locked soon. Clearly we cannot post opinions on the auction house or have freedom of speech.
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:35:29 PM(UTC)
Yet it's survived for 3 weeks.

You tried to ask me in your previous thread how the AH had harmed the community.

Scammers & glitchers used the AH to obtain paints & redistribute those paints & glitched credits. Destroying the games economy. Credits & paints were traded on eBay and I'm sure other sites.

People put up cars for reasonable prices only for some people to buy multiple copies just to resell them.

Paints were unlocked, resold on the AH.

The AH and the way the economy worked drove a lot of that activity.
7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error