#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:29:59 AM(UTC)
I've noticed some cars superchargers are labeled twin-screw supercharger and not the regular upgradeable one labeled as the positive displacement supercharger. could the supercharger upgrade for all the cars be a roots type supercharger and not a twin-screw supercharger unless labeled as such? please take note that I am not talking about the centrifugal supercharger. just specifically the positive displacement supercharger upgrade.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:06:49 AM(UTC)
Probably a weight difference between the Centrifugal SC and the Twin Screw SC.

PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER
THE FUEL JUNKIE CAR CLUB
#3 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 6:43:44 AM(UTC)
more then just a weight difference between the two mookie. they're two whole different systems and they acquire boost differently.
#4 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LastDonFranco Go to Quoted Post
more then just a weight difference between the two mookie. they're two whole different systems and they acquire boost differently.

Next time wait the full 2 yrs before replying please. LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'll look a little harder this afternoon. Using turbos 95% of the time bc of the launch factor, I rarely use the SC.

Which car in specific .... is there one in particular or is this across the board on all vehicles that have both SC options?

PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER
THE FUEL JUNKIE CAR CLUB
#5 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 1:07:03 PM(UTC)
Lol it been so long but I forgot which cars had them. And there is a diffence. I use super chargers for better throttle response through the whole power band. You need super chargers for the tightest corners.
#6 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 2:54:17 PM(UTC)
Centrifugal gives a bit more torque than the twin screw. I'd say the weight is definitely more with the twin screw, I think most of the time the turbo will be the lightest, twin being a little more weight. Turbo will have a little lag to it, before the turbo or turbos spool up. Gearing can help how it hits.

I'm not on right now but when I've been building lately when there drag cars or cars for these HLC's I been using the Centrifugal more lately. Also cuz I made a ProCharger vinyl, lol!!

Edited by user Monday, December 12, 2016 2:55:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint

Notification

Icon
Error