5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:58:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pjtierney2003 Go to Quoted Post
Forgive me for not knowing the following, as I've never played Forza 5:

• Did Private Lobbies in Forza 5 have all of the detailed lobby settings that Forza 4 had for their CPLs?

Payne's post helps make Turn 10's decision understandable, however I am wondering how much freedom hosts of competitive racing leagues (like TORA) will have when it comes to setting up event lobbies.

If the Public Lobbies end up clean and well populated then that's a great thing, however I hope private hosts will have total freedom in the types of lobbies they want to construct.

Anyone got any more info regarding this?

Only difference (what I have noticed) is the grid order.
in FM 5 it's either PI or ramdom, and you can invert it.
So what was left out was grid on lobby points.

Also if the grid was at random it's 100% sure thing that the host will start at last place (Bug?)

Any other than that, I haven't noticed any other differences.

Edited by user Saturday, June 20, 2015 1:08:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member of Hard Luck Racing.

If your time isn't on HC board, it means nothing.

Mr. Oddball
Beat me with lotus, No big deal. Beat me with SUV, you have earned my respect
 4 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 1:11:41 PM(UTC)
no custom public lobbies lol, just another reason why the forza community as been dying for years, what a joke.

Well done T10 another great decision among many other you have done over the years.
#53 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 3:09:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Juggernaut Go to Quoted Post

• Did Private Lobbies in Forza 5 have all of the detailed lobby settings that Forza 4 had for their CPLs?

Payne's post helps make Turn 10's decision understandable, however I am wondering how much freedom hosts of competitive racing leagues (like TORA) will have when it comes to setting up event lobbies.

If the Public Lobbies end up clean and well populated then that's a great thing, however I hope private hosts will have total freedom in the types of lobbies they want to construct.

Also if the grid was at random it's 100% sure thing that the host will start at last place (Bug?)

Thanks for clarifying.

Previous Forza games that I played didn't have Qualifying as a lobby option, so a common workaround was to do a time trial race and then set the grid ordering to Lobby Points.

I take it that setting a grid based on Lobby Points wasn't an option in Forza 5?
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:42:44 PM(UTC)

Thanks for clarifying.

Previous Forza games that I played didn't have Qualifying as a lobby option, so a common workaround was to do a time trial race and then set the grid ordering to Lobby Points.

I take it that setting a grid based on Lobby Points wasn't an option in Forza 5?

Unfortunately it wasn't.
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:25:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for clarifying.

Unfortunately it wasn't.

that was not possible,
Therefore probably the most usual workaround in "championship" race, you did qualifying, continued in race lobby, didn't move from start until your name was called out by host, continued around the track as "parade lap" and heated your tires a bit at the same time, and then set up on the grid, the hardest part on this was no distance to car ahead/behind so if you were forced to cockpit view you really couldn't set yourself too accurately on the grid. specially when few of the tracks didn't have too good markings from where you should start.

Other workaround was flying start, where lead carhad 60mph speed limit, and any time between pit entry and start/finish line lead car called go, and started going.

It was rather annoying thing, but not end of the world.

Edited by user Saturday, June 20, 2015 6:27:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member of Hard Luck Racing.

If your time isn't on HC board, it means nothing.

Mr. Oddball
Beat me with lotus, No big deal. Beat me with SUV, you have earned my respect
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:43:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RuCarNutz Go to Quoted Post

Rejoice, for Xbox One backwards compatibility is coming - and Forza 4's coming with it.

Really? Source?

https://youtu.be/cCGKATko82U

Xbox at E3. Phil Spencer confirmed it himself, and Forza 4 is one of the games pictured in the background.
"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
#57 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:45:04 AM(UTC)

Rejoice, for Xbox One backwards compatibility is coming - and Forza 4's coming with it.

Really? Source?

This makes me wonder whether xbox one wheels will be playable on forza 4. Hmm.

No. Most likely, not. In an interview with Major Nelson, it was discussed that all aftermarket peripherals are not compatible with Xbox One's new 360 emulator.

Interview: https://youtu.be/8a1pVbl8Sng
"Racing amuses me." - Enzo Ferrari
#58 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:44:09 PM(UTC)

Really? Source?

This makes me wonder whether xbox one wheels will be playable on forza 4. Hmm.

No. Most likely, not. In an interview with Major Nelson, it was discussed that all aftermarket peripherals are not compatible with Xbox One's new 360 emulator.

Interview: https://youtu.be/8a1pVbl8Sng

Shame. I've always wondered what FM4 would feel like with the thrustmaster TX.
 2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:53:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o2R IMPORT69 Go to Quoted Post
no custom public lobbies lol, just another reason why the forza community as been dying for years, what a joke.

Well done T10 another great decision among many other you have done over the years.

It is not just a decision made by Turn 10. They are forced to use the tools available to them that come with the MS servers. Whilst I do not know the full details it is the fault of how the MS servers are setup that means cutom public lobbies are not possible.

No game using the MS servers has searchable custom public lobbies.
I blame the ants.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:55:54 PM(UTC)
My concerns with Leagues is I usually race with 3 or 4 mates. In FM5 we used to join public lobbies together.

We have varying skill levels and may have varying temperaments (depending how that side of it works).

I have seen the terms "strictly based on skill and temperament".

Does that mean I will not be able to join League races with my mates?

If not will there be lobbies / hoppers where we can race with each other and randoms who have done a quick search?
I blame the ants.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:04:51 AM(UTC)
My concern with this league system is that, with everyone being spread out, once the initial hype has died from the game that multiplayer will be dead.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#62 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:49:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

It is not just a decision made by Turn 10. They are forced to use the tools available to them that come with the MS servers. Whilst I do not know the full details it is the fault of how the MS servers are setup that means cutom public lobbies are not possible.

Has this been verified officially or is it simply an assumption made by the community based on what other games have done?
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:11:25 AM(UTC)

Has this been verified officially or is it simply an assumption made by the community based on what other games have done?

FM2 had 'em. FM3 didn't. At the time, most were convinced that MS had decreed "Hoppers Only." But...

SCPLs returned for FM4 (in addition to the Hoppers).

Then FM5 came out --- no SCPLs. Again, most are convinced it's by MS decree.

Little doubt, based on the use of Hoppers throughout, MS *wants* them to be used. Whether or not no other option exists has not, as far as I know, been confirmed by anyone whose statement could be considered absolute.

Couple days ago, the studio head of SMS posted (in response to "Will the online game search [on Xbox] be addressed?"):

"We want to add online game searching guys. Whether we get it done or not is another thing. We'll try though and keep you updated."

Doesn't really sound like "not possible" to me.

Which is, I guess, a long way of saying "no, it's not been verified officially" - at least, not to my knowledge.
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#64 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:31:13 AM(UTC)

No it has not been officially verified and never will be. You will not get an MS employee to confirm or deny it.

No it is not just an assumption. I don't want to talk out of turn so all I will say is people have said this is the case and whilst they can not be deemed as an official source they are good enough for me.

The fact that no game that uses MS servers has searchable public lobbies is simply additional circumstantial evidence.

I blame the ants.
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 4:45:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

FM2 had 'em. FM3 didn't. At the time, most were convinced that MS had decreed "Hoppers Only." But...

SCPLs returned for FM4 (in addition to the Hoppers).

Then FM5 came out --- no SCPLs. Again, most are convinced it's by MS decree.

Little doubt, based on the use of Hoppers throughout, MS *wants* them to be used. Whether or not no other option exists has not, as far as I know, been confirmed by anyone whose statement could be considered absolute.

Couple days ago, the studio head of SMS posted (in response to "Will the online game search [on Xbox] be addressed?"):

"We want to add online game searching guys. Whether we get it done or not is another thing. We'll try though and keep you updated."

Doesn't really sound like "not possible" to me.

Which is, I guess, a long way of saying "no, it's not been verified officially" - at least, not to my knowledge.

I really hope so because the reason I personally played FM2&FM4 so religiously is because the SCPL enabled interesting sub-cultures in the community to start and grow, hell I remember the vary first SCPL I joined was a Drift lobby on FM2 because that was the catalyst to me buying an Xbox 360(was using my brother's at the time), SCPL also allowed me to meet some really awesome people, So with out "searchable custom player lobbies" Forza isn't the same and I can see those subcultures dying out if SCPL isn't added back somehow and Forza becoming a shell of its former self more then it already is. =/

*goes on FM2 nostalgia trip*

AMD Ryzen 1700X | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero | Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200 | Asus ROG STRIX 8gb RX480 | Samsung 28" U28H750 QLED 4K | Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
#66 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:34:24 AM(UTC)
I was actually wondering about Eduardo's concern too.
An option to race outside of league... at your own risk, if you will.

Sometimes a little variety is nice. Being stuck in a top league may mean that you are going to have hardcore guys who all drive the same circle of cars. As long as there is no vicious deliberate trolling, I have no issue with someone driving a truck, a classic RWD, or someone just learning, or for whatever reason someone would in in the same room as I with far better or lower skill. So I have to believe there will still be general hoppers. Of course when you first start the game, the game has to place everyone somewhere! So I guess everyone will have access to a general hopper, while stats are collected regularly and filtered into what would be a league section. Just a guess.

IIRC, in FM4, there were CPLs but they were not the same, can't put my finger on why. They were buried below everything else, and did not seem to have the ease of instant use, like they did before. I don't really remember, I gave them several chances, then gave up. But it is completely understandable that it is a server structural issue with MS, that perhaps they still need to flesh out before we get any type of user lobbies back in to any game.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:35:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DriftShinobi4RD Go to Quoted Post
... So without "searchable custom player lobbies" Forza isn't the same ...

Unfortunately, while we here in the forum will likely never know if SCPLs *could* be implemented, Turn 10 *has* confirmed they do not exist in FM6.
Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#68 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:53:43 AM(UTC)
with windows 10 being intregrated and explorer/bing people will probably just do it on messageboards. put up your race info and a persons name to join in game. just because you cant search it in game does not mean you cant search it period. heck somebody could even make an app to track current private lobbies. the new fallout will be getting pc mods on xbo so maybe there will even be a way to do it in game as a user created mod down the road. i'm sure it could be done out of game, the only question is will it be more trouble than its worth and would enough people even bother to search outside the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:12:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DriftShinobi4RD Go to Quoted Post
... So without "searchable custom player lobbies" Forza isn't the same ...

Unfortunately, while we here in the forum will likely never know if SCPLs *could* be implemented, Turn 10 *has* confirmed they do not exist in FM6.

If it's not possible on the server-side I think they could make game modes like say a "drift day"(with out "drift points" and 10min time no wrong way warning) or "cruise/car-show" (with a time limit)
if I wanted to Tandem I would go; **online / search playground modes /select "Drift Day" hopper / ??? / Tandem to my hearts content**
but they would need to let people "vote kick" trolls from the lobby any time in lobby or on track to stop trolls and not allow people/trolls to rejoin that specific lobby after being kicked, they would join another "Drift Day" lobby when they searching.

If they actually do something similar to this, Turn10 really needs to ask and listen to the community on what the best setup for the "playground" modes would be because a lot of people from FM2&FM4 that ran CPLs on a consistent bases probably know what worked and possibly why, for example here is my preferred setting for a Drift/Tandem lobby;

Win/End condition- 10 minutes/no lap count - I found any longer and people would want to change cars, tracks, or tunes. Actually they should let people go back to lobby, change car, mess with tune, and rejoin mid-session in certain modes like Drift Day.

Other settings- wrong way warning OFF, collision always on, traction control OFF, stability control OFF, ABS optional, Proper track rotation, S-class and under, and RWD only but they could allow AWD/4WD as well but would cause problems when tandeming.

I might be forgetting somethings because I've been unable to play Forza for a while but I'm sure if Turn10 actually did a poll/asked the forums for game mode settings they would be able to find the optimal settings and adjust to perfection after launch.

Also maybe have p2p private lobbies to hold tournaments and stuff, I think all of this that would be an acceptable compromise that would make everyone happy.

AMD Ryzen 1700X | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero | Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200 | Asus ROG STRIX 8gb RX480 | Samsung 28" U28H750 QLED 4K | Fanatec CSL Elite PS4
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 2:05:59 AM(UTC)
In my and all I've ever talked to's opinion this is the most important addition to this game without it the game is dead for street drag it is imposible to find people that do this without public lobbys I will not buy this game and I'm part of a drag racing page on facebook every single person on there says same thing it's a game that will not be baught without it turn ten needs to add this or the community is done
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:30:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Black 97 Kouki Go to Quoted Post
Soooo no cruises, street racing, tandom lobbies, car show lobbies, derby lobbies, ect ect again this time unless it's private huh.

Well I'm glad I seen this page because it's allowed the hype train(for me)to slow WAAAAAAY down. All I need now is to find out if there will or won't be auction house or storefront for me to stay or leave the train completely.

This. I haven't read the whole thread yet but even as a diehard Forza fan, the lack of public lobbies killed Forza 5 for me. I find myself playing alone all the time and it gets boring. I used to exclusively join cruise lobbies on Forza 4, and I met some of the coolest gearheads in the world while we would just sit back and show our cars off and do drags and just play the game our way. I can't do any of that in Forza 5, the best I can do is join a tag game and see how long I can last until some noob rams into my car. I was really looking forza to cruising with people on next gen graphics and physics but it looks like that isn't happening.

I never EVER thought i'd say this but.... I might not get Forza 6, and thats just sad. :/
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:08:42 AM(UTC)
Wow no custom public lobbies? There goes a whole lot of the replay value. That's what killed Forza 5. What a shame. Taking 1 step forward but 2 steps back. Good thing Forza 4 is going to be backwards compatible.
User is suspended until 1/14/2043 5:03:19 AM(UTC)
#73 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:24:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Searchable public lobbys aren't that difficult to do and T10 have done them well in the past. They clearly have a reason for moving in a different direction. They aren't doing it to spite people or because they can't be bothered. Developers like T10 have to make the next game in series but also take the long view on certain aspects of the current/next release. I think that they're working towards something involving the cloud, drivatars and multi player in general. Whatever, they will have very good reasons for doing what they're doing - it just may not suite everyone.

Well then they should add them also not just none at all
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:25:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dreampage Go to Quoted Post
You can create custom lobbies but they can't be made public or searched. You can invite friends into your lobby, that's all. Public online racing will take place only in the Forza Racing Leagues mode, which seems to be some kind of ranked matchmaking.

Yeah well that's no good for drag racers
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:49:41 AM(UTC)
My concerns with Leagues is I usually race with 3 or 4 mates. In FM5 we used to join public lobbies together.

We have varying skill levels and may have varying temperaments (depending how that side of it works).

I have seen the terms "strictly based on skill and temperament".

Does that mean I will not be able to join League races with my mates?

If not will there be lobbies / hoppers where we can race with each other and randoms who have done a quick search?

Yeah with 3or4 of your friends lol yah huh that's so fun our point exactly no way to find and race with people without searchable user created
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error