1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 4:43:33 PM(UTC)
In this FANTASTIC vid by V562, he mentions something called "Forza Stories of Motorsport" at 2:25 of the second vid. This COULD be (I want to stress "COULD BE", here) a virtual re-imagining of classic motorsport events/races that we have to conquer in FM6 :

http://bit.ly/1dH082k

If that is correct, what are some of the classic events you'd like to attempt to conquer? Here's my (likely preliminary) list:

Le Mans '66 and/or '69 (this should be a shoe-in, considering the subject matter and the game's tie-in w/Ford)
Le Mans '91 (Mazda 787B)
1976 Japanese GP (Hunt v Lauda)
1957 German GP (Fangio's finest)
1979 Dijon GP (if you're a Canadian like me, you have to love this one)
Le Mans 2015 (Porsche sets lap record, finally unseats Audi)
Le Mans 2003 (Ferrari wins its class over 'Vette, Kristensen wins in a...Bentley?)
Le Mans 1999 (Viper finishes in top 6 spots in GTS, compels Corvette to join fray; years of battling ensue)

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2015 4:44:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 6:09:57 PM(UTC)
There's some more info about it on the News page:

http://www.forzamotorspo...-us/news/fm6_e3_features

Quote:
The career in Forza Motorsport 6 has been completely rebuilt, and this time the focus will be on the “Stories of Motorsport.” The new career mode spans more than 70 hours of gameplay and has been designed to stoke the imagination of fans – whether you’re a long time car buff or a novice to the world of motorsport.

“Stories of Motorsport” is told in multiple volumes, with each volume being a comprehensive career experience that lets the player travel the world and celebrate the past and present of automotive history. Volumes are further subdivided into series where players can choose precisely the types of cars they want to drive.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:18:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
The career in Forza Motorsport 6 has been completely rebuilt, and this time the focus will be on the “Stories of Motorsport.” The new career mode spans more than 70 hours of gameplay and has been designed to stoke the imagination of fans – whether you’re a long time car buff or a novice to the world of motorsport.

“Stories of Motorsport” is told in multiple volumes, with each volume being a comprehensive career experience that lets the player travel the world and celebrate the past and present of automotive history. Volumes are further subdivided into series where players can choose precisely the types of cars they want to drive.

Sounds very cool. As a big SP fan, this is so win.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:27:31 PM(UTC)
This kind of matches up with the hash tag used in this Xbox promo pic from Twitter:

3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:16:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
This kind of matches up with the hash tag used in this Xbox promo pic from Twitter:

They MUST make these available to the public. They must. I would buy all three, if for nothing more than to make me stop throwing my controller lol.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:17:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:19:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mangoplah7 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

Sounds very cool. As a big SP fan, this is so win.

Sounds promising, but let's be honest any redeveloped career mode will be better than forza 5's
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:32:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds promising, but let's be honest any redeveloped career mode will be better than forza 5's

No kidding. Forza Motorsport 5's system is the epitome of a mundane, uninspired "career" mode.

#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:19:18 AM(UTC)

Are those Elites? LOL, can I get my number? Aw heck, where's my airbrush?

2Old4Forza
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:56:19 AM(UTC)
^^^^^ I know, right? SOOOOOOO GOOD.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:47:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OldSchool 2O4F Go to Quoted Post

Are those Elites? LOL, can I get my number? Aw heck, where's my airbrush?

They aren't the Elites and, from what I've been able to dig up, they won't be put into production ... just a one-time deal where they were on display in celebration of Le Mans, unfortunately.
#11 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 11:08:24 PM(UTC)
For all the Aussies out there I saw an interview with Dan Greenwalt. He states that for stories of Motorsport they have "professional drivers such as mark skaife". Could this mean v8 supercars
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:34:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: j03L99 Go to Quoted Post
For all the Aussies out there I saw an interview with Dan Greenwalt. He states that for stories of Motorsport they have "professional drivers such as mark skaife". Could this mean v8 supercars

I hope so, I love those V8's.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:47:01 PM(UTC)
Stories of Motorsport? Is this really a story based career mode???

Personally, I've never enjoyed a career mode in any FM game. In FM3 and 4 I much preferred the event list. In FM5 I got addicted to rivals. In fact I think I finished maybe 7 championships if that. Free play was awesome too....creating your own races against the AI and being able to win XP and credits was excellent.

I'm looking forward to what career mode has to offer in FM6.....hopefully it's something new and refreshing. I know rivals will be fun again (like always) and here's hoping the free play feature comes back!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:56:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:14:27 PM(UTC)
Unless they somehow make playing career worthwhile I cant see it being anything different.
Maybe if they added in a free car for finishing a championship that would be something.

Racing AI is boring.
Person vs person is what makes Forza fun.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:33:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: j03L99 Go to Quoted Post

I hope so, I love those V8's.

In another interview with EB Games Australia, Dan said that Forza 6 would feature updated V8 Supercars, so it sure sounds like we'll be getting them.

Notification

Icon
Error