2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 12:28:55 PM(UTC)
[img]pintopic by Rodney Cotner, on Flickr[/img]

Could I please get some help from painters? I made a mistake on my design. Waterfalls song is by TLC not Salt and Pepper. Obviously I am not a good painter. I was trying to make a face with a hand cupping over the ear next to a waterfall. If someone could please improve on my design idea and change Salt and Pepper to TLC in the explanation part of the design I would greatly appreciate it. Actually why not make a competition out of it. How about 100 million for first place, 75 million for second place, and 50 million for third place. Please keep the designs clean and keep to the code of conduct. I want this to be a friendly and professional competition. To post your design please post only once and with one to three pictures per post to show your design. You can edit your post as many times as you want until the end of competition. The design can be on any car in Forza 4. Competition will start today and end on July 19. Please if you have the talent to paint the faces of the 3 TLC girls please add the TLC girls to your design. It would be cool to have a minion listening to a waterfall as part of the design. These are just ideas, please use your imagination and have fun.

Edited by user Monday, June 15, 2015 12:32:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:24:20 AM(UTC)
Tarry, you might want to ask a mod to move this post to the fantasy section.

Also why Minions? Is the song featured in the movie - I vaguely remember it from when it came out (20 years ago) according to wikipedia its about drugs and aids. Not that I remember it like that, it was just a fairly forgettable pop song at the time - although I was more into rock/ metal so may not have listened enough or thought about it much then.

Not having a go or anything just curious.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:35:47 PM(UTC)
Maybe I spelled it wrong but I am referring to the little yellow guys in Despicable me when I say minion. I'll try to move or make a new thread in fantasy section.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:40:56 PM(UTC)
I don't think there's anything wrong with your spelling, what's the connection though between the song & Minions or Despicable Me?
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:49:26 PM(UTC)
A minion from Despicable Me or any face or person next to a waterfall with a hand cupped over the ear will be a big improvement on my design. I think the minions from Despicable Me are funny and thought of them as an example to make my design funny or fun. As long as the design has a waterfall, should me a good enough clue to help you think about TLC's Waterfall song.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:59:46 PM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:48:01 PM(UTC)
Thanks WindsweptDragon
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 12:28:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DamMe2006 Go to Quoted Post
Tarry, you might want to ask a mod to move this post to the fantasy section.

Also why Minions? Is the song featured in the movie - I vaguely remember it from when it came out (20 years ago) according to wikipedia its about drugs and aids. Not that I remember it like that, it was just a fairly forgettable pop song at the time - although I was more into rock/ metal so may not have listened enough or thought about it much then.

Not having a go or anything just curious.

lol vaguely remember (says the leader of the fan club) nice try with the into rock and metal bit ;p
To the op,It looks like these kind of requests are fairly dead around here so you may have more luck asking someone directly or trying somewhere else like facebook

#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 1:08:38 PM(UTC)
Monkey!

Good to see you popping in - these kind of requests were never that popular. No offence Tarry they just weren't. I may yet try and come up with something but don't pin your hopes on it - time may be an issue but will see what I can do this weekend.

Credits won't be necessary as long as you don't mind the finished result being put in my SF for anyone that wants it. Plus it'll be painted by me which could potentially be a disappointment all by itself ;)
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 5:48:33 PM(UTC)
Thanks DamMe2006, I am sure your work will be much better than mine. If you but the design in your storefront, could you please post here when you do so? If time is an issue that is stopping people from entering the competition please let me know and I can give you more time and change the end date.
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:16:27 PM(UTC)
No problem Tarry, picked a couple of source images tonight to have a stab at. End date isn't an issue as such, not as if you're beating people off with a stick who want to have a go.

It's the British GP this weekend so will be trying to follow that as much as I can. I'm also pretty close to being able to get an Xbone, which if I can get one of the new Forzas with it, means I need to spend time both playing that & figuring out the paintbooth on that side.

Not likely to happen this weekend but that's more the time limiting factor for me, rather than any sort of comp end date. I'm sure I can get something done though, once I get started I tend to not mess about too much.

Will update on here when I have something to show you.

Cheers

D
#12 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 3:01:31 PM(UTC)
Spent a good portion of today painting this, not sure it's even close to what you're after but it might be a start.

Tried to pick a source pic with the three girls on that I thought might fit within the layer limit - struggled even at that came in at 980 lol.

Picked a car from '95 without a paint on, I guess if you have a preferred car now would be a good time to mention it ;)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

D
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 3:17:34 PM(UTC)
Quality work, good idea having them with their eyes closed, must have saved you close on 6000 layers. lol ;)
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 4:09:10 PM(UTC)
At least I'd say, can't fool you Windswept ;)
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 4:20:12 PM(UTC)
hahaha,good work though. Would have been impressed if it had been on the next gen so to manage it with only 1000 layers is really good. Hope its appreciated.
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2015 4:34:52 PM(UTC)
Fingers crossed. now to get some sleep. Cheers Windswept, catch you all tomorrow sometime

Edit;

I did some more on this this morning

I think it's done to be honest. Watching the F1 now, so won't be on the box for a couple of hours. Let me know what you think Tarry

Edited by user Sunday, July 5, 2015 4:46:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:52:07 AM(UTC)
Like it, very good job on the girls' faces, DamMe2006. I just hope some more people will enter the contest. I wonder if more people will enter the contest if I could offer a prize car.
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 11:50:09 AM(UTC)
In these later days of the game Tarry, there doesn't seem to be a whole load of painters about - certainly not ones who frequent the forums at least. I suspect you might have to settle for my efforts, I've not put it up in my SF yet - wanted to see what you thought of it. I upgraded the car to A class and ran a few of the career races in it, it's rather fun to drive and sounds great.

Just trying out Thief from the recent games with gold at the moment, seems pretty decent - if you want me to jump across to FM4 to put it in my SF I will.

Cheers

D
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:15:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TarryVariable1 Go to Quoted Post
I just hope some more people will enter the contest.

Even if more people did join in, I don't think you can get a better paint than what DamMe's made. ; )

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2015 1:50:35 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the props Yakov, only time will tell I guess. Plenty of other artists who are better at this stuff than me - just not seen many new paints recently so figure they've either moved on to the next game or just moved on. It's getting pretty late here and work in the morning, will check back in tomorrow, see what gives.
#21 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 9:41:02 AM(UTC)
Does the other side of the car have the girls faces? If not could you please take a picture of the other side of the car, DamMe2006?
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 10:25:06 AM(UTC)
Sadly both left & right sides of the car are pretty much the same. There's a pic I put in my SF yesterday which can show you that & the rear. Posting from my phone just now, recently upgraded & not sure how I'd go about downloading, resizing & uploading with it so you may just have to look on the box.

I've probably spent somewhere in the region of 12-15 hours painting what there is. If it's not for you, fair play, can't please everyone. If you decide to request something in future maybe find some source pictures you do like add them to the thread, maybe someone will like one of the images enough to take it on.

Good luck

[Mod edit - WSD -

quality work on that side too]

Edited by user Monday, July 6, 2015 10:37:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 10:39:24 AM(UTC)
#24 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 10:49:37 AM(UTC)
Cheers WSD, much appreciated :)
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 10:59:57 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it felt good doing something nice for someone, doubly so when it was appreciated. So I appreciate your appreciation and will attempt to do nice things for you in the future too.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error