1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:36:05 AM(UTC)
Many sim racing game on PC have Apps to display telemetry data, first party or third party.

Put the phone on the wheel, you can see the speed, current gear and shift indicator.

If forza 6 has a smartphone App, That would be great.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:09:42 AM(UTC)
I would love that. I love driving with all of the hud off in forza 5 but it's a little difficult. I don't know what position I am in, how much fuel I have or wheter I am decreasing or increasing my speed (In Lap times). A telementry app would be awsome because I have a TX wheel, so it would feel more authentic if I had a speedo, and It would get rid of the hud that clutters up the screen. They did something kind of similar to this in horizon 1. You could use your phone as a gps, so theres no reason why they can't do this because to me an interactive telementry seems easier to create than an interactive gps.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:37:41 PM(UTC)
We don't know yet. Find out more as we get closer to release.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:38:49 PM(UTC)
Would be very cool if something like this becomes reality.
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2015 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
With all this Windows 10 integration talk, it may very well be possible.
#6 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2015 11:00:35 PM(UTC)
It should be easy to do and it would be awesome. Turning all HUD-elements off and have all the information on a phone / tablet.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 7:20:10 AM(UTC)
I would like this. Make it work for Windows phone too. Please have a mode that only shows selected gear and RPM's. That way I can turn my HUD completely off while playing.
Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#8 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 8:04:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wilko Jones Go to Quoted Post
I would like this. Make it work for Windows phone too. Please have a mode that only shows selected gear and RPM's. That way I can turn my HUD completely off while playing.

Would be totally awesome to play with all the hud off. I do that already but I'm better with it on. It also would add a sense of more realism to the game. I always thought games looked better without the hud. It's hard to explain beut the game almost looks - Fresh without the hud.

Edited by user Monday, June 8, 2015 8:04:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 2:38:38 PM(UTC)

Given Win10, and by default, Windows Phone can now run Android and iOS apps natively, we should be able to just use the likes of Dashboard pro etc*

*obviously if T10 provide the API and the apps are updated to use it.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 11:19:41 AM(UTC)
Not only telemetry, but a tuning calculator as well wouldn't be remiss. Maybe even track info screens, with corner and elevation information.

They could make a sweet app with everything you need so you could spend most of your game time on track.
Driving in Forza since before there was a number after the name...
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:41:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post

Given Win10, and by default, Windows Phone can now run Android and iOS apps natively, we should be able to just use the likes of Dashboard pro etc*

*obviously if T10 provide the API and the apps are updated to use it.

Well... Yeah, when Windows 10 goes live. But for now I can't use that app.

I love the phone, but I hate the "App gap".

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:29:02 PM(UTC)
Instead of having yet another app installed on my phone/tablet, they could just use SmartGlass to do that stuff. It's so under utilized.

Dead Rising 3 used it pretty well, and I so wished Horizon 2 would have used it, but that was not to be.
#13 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 11:08:10 PM(UTC)
It's because we're in 2015 and that's the release date of FM6 but sould it have a companion app a ?

Notification

Icon
Error