4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 10:12:05 AM(UTC)
Dan discusses sand and tires to address corner cutting, and new Leagues system for anti-griefing
http://www.motorworldhyp...eplay-impressions-video/
#27 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 5:22:49 PM(UTC)
Well, this is interesting way to counter it.

Within 4 months we shall get some form of opinion about it.
Proud member of Hard Luck Racing.

If your time isn't on HC board, it means nothing.

Mr. Oddball
Beat me with lotus, No big deal. Beat me with SUV, you have earned my respect
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:02:07 PM(UTC)
"… now as far as actually penalizing people who are griefers or what-have-you, the new league system is like competitive multiplayer, so you're actually ranked based on your skill and your temperament … drive that way yourself and you'll automatically be in the leagues with other drivers like you."

Yay! I hope this translates to a situation akin to the dunce cap lobbies in GTA where griefers get stuck with other griefers. I can't imagine Forza griefers would remain interested in the game for very long if their "advantage" is continually used against them in an infinite loop type of manner.
Some of my recent photographs
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:09:26 PM(UTC)
Let's hope it's a sufficiently sophisticated system to differentiate between a troll and his victim/s.

If it is then coupled with the improvements to encourage staying on track could be just the solution we need. God, I hope I'm clean on my first few races lol
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:12:48 PM(UTC)

I'm now curious as to how demolished tire walls will impact the remainder of a race session.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:35:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Let's hope it's a sufficiently sophisticated system to differentiate between a troll and his victim/s.

If it is then coupled with the improvements to encourage staying on track could be just the solution we need. God, I hope I'm clean on my first few races lol

It shouldn't be too hard to get a base line. Factor finished races, clean laps and contact.

If they actually counted off track dirty and drafting dirty laps as the same but different it would make it a lot easier to track as well.
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 7:49:46 AM(UTC)
Please make a system that punishes people that cut through bends and corners and such. It sucks to be leading the final lap in a multiplayer race just to be passed on the last turn by someone cutting strait through the grass. NFS Shift 2 had a great system that punished drivers by in-validating their lap time, and if they did it enough, it would dis-qualify them.

ive really been racing since 2010

blame the xbox code of conduct
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 12:42:08 PM(UTC)
After yet another race where my defensive line into a chicane has been undone by the other driver just ignoring the chicane altogether and cutting a neat line straight through it, i was wondering what the general concensus of others was with regards to this sort of driving.

It just seems that regardless of the track limits, there is little to no penalty for driving this way, much to the annoyance of people who are trying adhere to them.

I'm not suggesting the return to sticky patches (although that did seem to work, even if they were sometimes oddly placed) but surely there must be a solution. On the Bugatti circuit, I'm pretty sure I was the only one making the chicane, everyone else just blasted on through. I appreciate the circuits are designed to be the same as their real life counterparts, but in real life, there are penalties for overtaking whilst not actually within the track limits. Here the penalty is a dirty lap. Well, whoop.

It just strikes me as cheating, plain and simple. I'm not talking about a simple two wheels over the kerb, but simply ignoring to track limits to gain an advantage. I can just about grit my teeth and put up with the first corner lunatics, the people that put you into a wall for daring to overtake, the people who fail to realise that they can't take a line through a corner that is occupied by another car, those who don't realise that although rubbing might indeed be racing, smashing you into next week most certainly isn't, but unlike those which can be put down to stupidity / carelessness / an inability to use mirrors or the rigt thumbstick, repeatedly abusing the limits of the track is just cheating.

Any suggestions?

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 3:06:52 PM(UTC)
Can you just put some stop sticks at the corners where people are cutting. They should make their car bounce if taking advantage of someone, or slow them and ghost them.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2015 3:27:18 PM(UTC)
imo if its accidental no, new people make mistakes and we were all new once upon a time. but if it is your tactic, you do it more than not, you plan for the cheating line, then you should get a dnf. no xp, no credits, no finish etc....online. if other people are not getting the rewards they deserve playing clean then to me thats theft and should not be rewarded. that includes people who deliberatly wreck other people.

off line solo, its their game, i dont care if they cheat. they are only cheating themselves. if they want to make the game less challenging, less fun, who cares.
#36 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2015 11:25:20 PM(UTC)
Who wants custom public lobbies back?...I sure do. Tried a few leagues and public races last night, all I got even though I was in the top 3 were players passing us whilst off the track by cutting the corners. What a PITA. Those sticky things that slow your car down the second you go off the apex too far should be added and custom lobbies brought back to allow for better gameplay for the players that actually want to race or drift away from the trolls.
#37 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 1:45:35 AM(UTC)
Yip this game is a joke as far as corner cutting and smashing into people go, are these people that sad that they need to cut a corner to gain an advantage, we need custom public lobbies back so we can weed out the idiots. We were racing last night and there was a few of them every race every lap cutting the corners, makes me so mad.

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2015 1:46:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 1:55:33 AM(UTC)
im all for custom lobbies for sure please bring that back its a big must
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 3:13:11 AM(UTC)
I've campaigned for more appropriate administering of sticky grass since Forza 4 but a lot of the community took offence to me suggesting it. Even with further explanation to a degree where I think it shouldn't affect the majority of drivers' honest mistakes, there was still a lot of outrage. Perhaps it's not just lobby trolls we have to fight here.
#40 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 3:18:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Eninut Go to Quoted Post
Who wants custom public lobbies back?...I sure do.

They'd be nice but are not likely to happen.

Quote:
Tried a few leagues and public races last night, all I got even though I was in the top 3 were players passing us whilst off the track by cutting the corners.

Vote to Kick, Report their Gamertag via Xbox Live. Not much else you can do.

Quote:
Those sticky things that slow your car down the second you go off the apex too far should be added and custom lobbies brought back to allow for better gameplay for the players that actually want to race or drift away from the trolls.

I wouldn't mind sticky grass if it was in carefully positioned places and exploitable corners. The barriers help on some tracks but also obstruct the national vision lines and reference points that the real circuits have.
#41 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 3:19:31 AM(UTC)
Keep on dreaming custom lobbies are never coming back. All about the matchmaking these days.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 4:02:11 AM(UTC)
One can only hope, custom lobbies was the best feature of fm 2 and fm 4. And this true skill stuff doesn't seem to work either, or it thinks I'm a rammer because i meet them quite often in the hoppers. But the only thing to do is report them and try to find a different hopper.
As for the corner cutting, now you really miss the sticky grass. At least I do. But hey, that's life.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 5:25:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HCR Motorhead Go to Quoted Post
I've campaigned for more appropriate administering of sticky grass since Forza 4 but a lot of the community took offence to me suggesting it. Even with further explanation to a degree where I think it shouldn't affect the majority of drivers' honest mistakes, there was still a lot of outrage. Perhaps it's not just lobby trolls we have to fight here.

The thing is, making a mistake into the sticky grass forced ya to never make that mistake again LOL
#44 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 5:30:02 AM(UTC)
Or they could adopt the strategy that project cars uses and physically slow them down to a crawl for 10 seconds, corner cutters are the scum of racing games
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 5:51:17 AM(UTC)
Yes custom public lobbies definitely need to be a part of the game. They could delete all the hoppers for all I care but removing user created public lobbies was not a good thing at all.

As for sticky grass, I think that should not be there. I always hated that as it is totally unrealistic and not needed.

I have always thought that what they needed was a real penalty system. Something that adds penalty time to your lap time when you cut a corner and then at the end of the race that penalty time is added to your race time and you would be positioned accordingly. That way even if you crossed the line 1 second in front of second place who drive clean you would end up placing 3rd or 4th due to having cut some corners and picked up penalty time. I also think that there should be a method in game that hands out a DQ for those who cut corners repeatedly or repeatedly ram other cars.

This would be much better than sticky grass or sticky pavement. I remember on FM4 the sticky grass on Indy could cause a massive pile up if one car just barely touched it at high speed as it would grab that left front wheel and could cause the car to spin out across the track or if it did not spin you out it would grab you and slow you down about 100 mph almost instantly then of course if there was another car behind you it had no chance to avoid ramming into the rear of the car caught by the glue.

Ideally there should be custom public lobbies and such a penalty system should be optional when setting up the lobby.

#46 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 8:59:00 AM(UTC)
To my knowlage, at least two tires on curb is race legal. It also looks for me as T10 implemented exactly this way for the dirty lap marker. Please correct me if i'm wrong about this.

Mesurements about corner cutting is allwas a compromise i think. On one side, there should be a some room for normal driving error until this messurements are active (i.e. quicksand / sticky grass / barriers). By the other hand, this room for normal mistake schould not be too huge, because this does enable efficient corner cutting in multiplayer. Im sure they thought a lot about a decission for what is implemented now. On result are this optical super ugly and unrealistic tire walls - sometimes destroying the character of a track or track passage. But for the huge corner cutting opportunities this works as intended and this obstacles are visible (in oposite to sticky grass).

Bad side effect of the new barriers and the new way barriers interact with the car, if some hits this barriers the result is often an even bigger crash based on the car stopping and spinning effect.

I don't know what is the best solution ... Realistic look and feel of the tracks, fair enviroment for competitive multiplayer, no invisible obstacles and more ... all together is not possible.

From my point of view a penalty system would work better. And i hate this new barrier placement just for optical reasosn.

But one thing is for sure. Whatever will be implemented by game desig to deal with corner cutting, wall riding or intended crashing - it will not make all drivers happy and a couple will complain about what it is.
My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#47 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:10:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HBR RoadHog Go to Quoted Post
Yes custom public lobbies definitely need to be a part of the game. They could delete all the hoppers for all I care but removing user created public lobbies was not a good thing at all.

As for sticky grass, I think that should not be there. I always hated that as it is totally unrealistic and not needed.

I have always thought that what they needed was a real penalty system. Something that adds penalty time to your lap time when you cut a corner and then at the end of the race that penalty time is added to your race time and you would be positioned accordingly. That way even if you crossed the line 1 second in front of second place who drive clean you would end up placing 3rd or 4th due to having cut some corners and picked up penalty time. I also think that there should be a method in game that hands out a DQ for those who cut corners repeatedly or repeatedly ram other cars.

This would be much better than sticky grass or sticky pavement. I remember on FM4 the sticky grass on Indy could cause a massive pile up if one car just barely touched it at high speed as it would grab that left front wheel and could cause the car to spin out across the track or if it did not spin you out it would grab you and slow you down about 100 mph almost instantly then of course if there was another car behind you it had no chance to avoid ramming into the rear of the car caught by the glue.

Ideally there should be custom public lobbies and such a penalty system should be optional when setting up the lobby.

I agree sticky grass was the worst idea ever, and it caused massive crashes on indy when a driver stuck just one wheel over the line and spun them out into traffic. Nothing is more phony, fake and unrealistic as sticky grass!

Penalties are realistic, that is what we should have! Four wheels over the line incurs a penalty, repeated corner cutting gets a DQ.

Edited by user Friday, October 16, 2015 9:11:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#48 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 9:35:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Avanti 63r1025 Go to Quoted Post
"… now as far as actually penalizing people who are griefers or what-have-you, the new league system is like competitive multiplayer, so you're actually ranked based on your skill and your temperament … drive that way yourself and you'll automatically be in the leagues with other drivers like you."

Well, supieee ... league just gives me the choise for two different races per week, at limited times per day ... great alternative to mutiplayer. And league placemet (at least the on i can see in the table) depents more on how often i race than the quality of my races.

My Forza Paints --> http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/Sevetamryn
The Logos / Vinyl groups i made are public too
#49 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 10:00:51 AM(UTC)
Seve, ya, the league leaderboards basically just show who plays it the most, but the division you are in is supposed to be based on skill. There's almost 1000 people in pinnacle though. That's pretty dumb. There's a huge difference in the skill of the top 10 guys compared to the top 100 even. Anyone who is near the bottom of the division would have a very hard time to just finish any races. I think they could use some more divisions, but there aren't enough people playing all the time for that.

It would be nice if there was a leaderboard that showed everyone's skill ranking, They could just post the list that they use to determine which division everyone is placed in.
#50 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 10:40:53 AM(UTC)
I've been thinking about this. Why do real drivers not cut corners? The most obvious reasons are changes to the cars handling and damage to the car. A good example of the handling changing is the Indy 500. What happens if a car gets it wheels on the grass? Those wheels lose all grip and the car slides up the track into the wall. An example of damage to the car is the tire walls. If a car hits a tire wall it is going to be damage.

How can this be put into the game? I would consider another options to difficulty level, call it off-track condition. There could be three settings, cosmetic, grip only, and simulation. Cosmetic would be the current situation. Grip only would reduce the amount of grip the tires that went off the track have. The tires would regain the grip as the race continued. This would simulate the tires picking up debris that would affect their grip and that the debris would come off the tires. The simulation setting would require damage be set to simulated. The tires that went off the track would become damaged and lose grip. The loss grip due to damage would not be recovered but the loss of grip due to debris would be recovered.

This is just an idea but it might work. I would recommend the grip only setting for online races.

This may be a wish list item too, so I'm adding there.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error