12 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:35:46 PM(UTC)
not a long wait, here's another couple (had to expect dlc photos at some point)

thanks for the kind words, everyone

edit: two more

edit two: another two, putting them here for the purpose of linking to all six in my directory post in the OP

Edited by user Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:20:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 - - FM6
#52 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:04:01 PM(UTC)
Loving your work with the Cosmo! Great use of contrast :)

I also see you found one of my favourite spots with the Datsun and another car I can't quite put my finger on. You can get some amazing reflections and colours in that area at night.

British Columbia, Canada
-8:00 PST
#53 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 5:10:53 PM(UTC)
Thanks God. Both of those shots are of the Z. I'll try not to overuse that spot but the nighttime in this game is just too pretty in terms of reflections, and that's one of the best spots I've seen

Another update, but this time a more personal one. After tomorrow is over I'll have a bit more free time for forzatography, but more importantly for browsing the upates of everyone else here. I've been quite busy these past few weeks, both at work and socially, which is why even my own updates have just been a few shots here and there, and why I haven't popped into many of your threads. I want you guys to know that I'm not just selfishly uploading these, expecting praise and giving no input in return

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2015 5:11:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 - - FM6
#54 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 6:09:54 PM(UTC)
My personal favourite has to be the last one due to the angle and location.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 10:45:09 AM(UTC)
Sweet like chocolate,

Love your work!

Edited by user Sunday, June 21, 2015 10:45:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 11:54:29 AM(UTC)
Really stunning photos here! I particularly like the lighting in this!

#57 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:15:44 PM(UTC)
thanks you guys. I've decided on the theme for my next proper upate - Retro Supercars
that will let me shoot my new F50, and get in a few of the new (old) Porsches as well as my favourite 911 of all time, the CTR. Normally I'd want to avoid being too Porsche-heavy, but with the DLC being relatively recent I think that you guys are expecting to see them all over the place, so hopefully some more won't hurt.
I'll begin work on this tonight.

Also, if there's anything specific you all would want me to shoot, I'm always open to suggestions. I admit that a lot of my FH2 work is unplanned (due to the nature of the weather and time cycles) but setting out with an image in mind can lead to some great things sometimes

edit: I nearly forgot to post another few quick snaps

Edited by user Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:19:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 - - FM6
#58 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 6:59:09 PM(UTC)

The shot mentioned by Sergi0 is stunning!
#59 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 12:23:29 AM(UTC)
Thanks Viper, I'm glad you like it.

-

Retro Supercars. Click through the image links for larger size

bonus

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2015 7:51:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: putting the entire set together

FH2 - - FM6
#60 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 4:26:35 AM(UTC)

This shot is intriguing!

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
#61 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 1:09:21 PM(UTC)

Very creative!
#62 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 1:31:46 PM(UTC)
for that one i was going for a sort of "spiritual sequel" to one of my best FM3 photos:

(the small size is partly because we were only allowed to post images 640px wide in those days, and partly because I was experimenting with aspect ratios at the time)

FH2 - - FM6
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 7:43:16 PM(UTC)
Here's the second half of my supercars set, plus some bonus dlc:

bonus

FH2 - - FM6
#64 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 7:49:32 PM(UTC)

There's something about this shot I really enjoy!
#65 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 8:28:07 PM(UTC)
I'm glad you like it. I wanted the EB110 to feature but I struggled to get a good shot because it's an odd looking thing, and mine has Forza aero on the front, which doesn't photograph well.
Also I just suddenly became worried that I think I've seen a photo like that around here before. If there is a photo that looks a lot like that one, to whoever took it, I'm sorry!

FH2 - - FM6
#66 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:35:03 AM(UTC)

This has to be the best shot of the XJ ive seen yet, the only thing that would make it any better for me is if I was the proud owner of it :)

Edited by user Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:42:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:36:17 PM(UTC)
Thank you! that's some high praise

-

Extreme Track toys

bonus

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:13:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: adding set

FH2 - - FM6
#68 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:22:41 PM(UTC)
Carbon Abstract and Close-Ups
-
My newest set (see above) differed in theme from the first preview image (the first shot) enough that I felt that someone like me would have been disappointed by it, so, to make it up to those hypothetical critics, I also shot a set composed entirely out of shots like that. It's good to fall back into my comfort zone. Also this is the second set running with no wheel closeups, let's see how long that streak lasts

Disclosure: I seriously recommend viewing these in the larger format by clicking through the image links. Carbon suffers, almost as badly as red subjects, the effects of poor compression.
The third and eighth images are unintentionally similar because I had to shoot the third upside down for the purpose of isolating the watermark, and I didn't realise it until the editing stage.
All eight feature the KTM X-Bow, which has a phenomenal carbon weave pattern.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:40:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Edit the pace car? Well you've edited every other post around here, I want you to be perfect!

FH2 - - FM6
#69 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:25:09 AM(UTC)
Seems I missed some really great work here.

I like the composition of this one, great!

Great angle in this one, beautiful shot!
#70 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 12:32:53 PM(UTC)
Love the shots, as stated already great use of contrast and lighting and some of the photos are very clean and crisp
#71 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:34:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Guguhype Go to Quoted Post
Seems I missed some really great work here.

I like the composition of this one, great!

Great angle in this one, beautiful shot!
Thanks gugu, I thought you would appreciate the first one. And the second, i always struggle with vertical shots because I have trouble turning my head to see it (arthritis) so it's tough to see if the angle is good. Also disappointed that the watermark seems to have applied its own vignette even though I had it set to 0

Originally Posted by: thepigfarmer Go to Quoted Post
Love the shots, as stated already great use of contrast and lighting and some of the photos are very clean and crisp

Thanks, I pride myself on taking clean photos

-

Here's a little experiment

Testing the old method of taking shots in a wider fov than normal and cropping out the watermark. Still a hassle since it moves around.

Also, in case anyone's curious about the extreme negative camber here, i built this camaro like a trophy truck for the obligatory cross country race that every single series seems to have. -5 degrees up front, 0 in the back, long, soft suspension and dampers, and only 4 usable gears for 700+bhp. It's great fun driving a car this way

edit: also full disclosure that licence plate isn't mine

Edited by user Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:36:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH2 - - FM6
#72 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:45:29 PM(UTC)
Brilliant gallery, im loving the carbon fiber set too.
#73 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 1:57:31 PM(UTC)
Not sure if you knew, but you can move the watermark between the corners, press the right shoulder button just before you save the picture.

I love portrait shots, It's a shame you can't rotate and save in the correct orientation.
#74 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 2:30:45 PM(UTC)
ah cool, thanks, that will help. I'll still keep editing them out though because I'd rather just not have them

FH2 - - FM6
#75 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:09:57 PM(UTC)
Great shots here. Loving the minimalist carbon

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
12 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error