#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 4:59:13 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I recently bought the Ferrari F458 Challenge and I decided to upgrade it in R2 class.The car is tuned to the max IP (846) I could do with it.After that,I tried it on Catalunya and I quickly noticed that the car was "sliding" when it comes to fast corners like Turn 3-4 and the last one so I decided to put less stiffness,less rebound stiffness to the rear.
I noticed an improvement but the car was still sliding in a different way as now I'm losing the rear and then the front of the car follow the back so the car understeer a lot in those corners.Maybe I should change the anti-roll bar,I am currently running 20.50-22.70.

Here are some numbers:
Camber: -0.9

Toe: 0.3
Front caster: 5.0

Aero: Don't remember the numbers but I am running with originals numbers

I can't put the rest as I am not with the same unit of measurement.
#2 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 5:48:49 AM(UTC)
Nothing will help you fix that car especially on that track, that's for sure.

When I make tunes for hot laps and racing, I look at the leaderboards to see where they'd run well. For Catalunya in R2 you'll notice Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai, Furai. The next step is seeing what makes the Furai fast there. Pure downforce is the answer. You'll know Catalunya benefits cars with solid levels of downforce.

Your car will work best on tracks with long straights like Road America and Sunset, however there are even better cars for the job like the Joss which frequents leaderboards, and other powerful cars. The trick is to use the best tool for the job :)
#3 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2015 6:36:31 AM(UTC)
true what HMR Motorhead said, probably would be on a leaderboard by now if it were ever going to be, but I still like to mess around with the odd cars...

just happens that I recently looked at F458 Challenge wondering what it *might* be good for. As you said, found it didn't seem to reach top of class, so I went the other way - down to S 700 with it. found it kind-of mediocre, but I can't say that I've really spent much time messing with it.

as I look around, I see lots of potential - you've got potential. you've got potential... and... you've... oh.
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 4:32:15 AM(UTC)
I know the 458 is not the best one of its class.
I just want to make it faster and to get a better grip on fast corners.
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
your steering geometry, toe looks odd to me. I'm typically pretty conventional (then again, perhaps not?) - mine, around -0.8/-0.8 camber and 0.0/-0.1 toe for mid-engine cars. my caster are often unconventionally low (again, YMMV) ...less than >2.5 in many.
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:30:54 AM(UTC)
It's not just the right track for the car. You can't train an elephant to ice skate so tune it for the tracks that it won't be bad at.

Notification

Icon
Error