2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 3:10:45 AM(UTC)
The best replay mode ever in any game was the replay editor from the original Driver from PlayStation 1.

It had a timeline along the top and you could scrub back and forth through the timeline. You could insert a new camera angle at any point.

The camera angles themselves had tons of options:

- Chase
** You could place the camera at any angle, and an elevation and distance within a certain limit (about 10 - 20 feet i think?) with the lens facing towards the car

- First Person
** Either you or the other car (it was cop chase game)

- Tripod
** Could set the camera anywhere within about 300 yards of the car (in any direction!)
** Choose to lock to the car or sit still
** Choose whether to auto-zoom or stay at current zoom length

- Auto
** Chooses the optimal camera angle for you (usually a pre-scripted camera)

And this was in like 1996. I think Turn10 could implement something like this if they really wanted to.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:24:20 PM(UTC)
Been watching videos of replays and th e camera angles still suck, they've added some TV style cams that look great in some spots but they still keep using this rediculous floaty cams that everybody hates. I don't get why after 6 games they can't fix something so simple and go to all TV style replay camera angles or at least allow us to edit where the cams are. Forza is imo the best looking game out there why don't they show it off in better fashion like the other game. One thing t10 can't seem to do better than pd. If they want to beat the other producer and their games totally in every way then this needs to be addressed, come on people have been complaining about this since fm1.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:45:17 PM(UTC)
Has anyone started the Forza Motorsport 7 wishlist yet? ;)
#29 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 11:06:23 PM(UTC)
Why are not audited on angles replay Nordschleife?
Why is it like in fm5?
Replay in fm4 on this track was wise in fm5 - disgusting, too nervous, too stupid, too often alternate angles .. no long-focus camera to evaluate the performance of the suspension in the corners and the beauty of movement
there is a close flyby around the car to appreciate the beauty of the car.

Why is that track the morning of day on which you want to sleep, and included damn headlights?

Why fm6 only two locations for forzavista and both forced to choose to look at the car in the shade or uneven lighting!
Why not have a garage with a uniform light as white in hangar fm4 ?!

I think many aspects of replay and FM2, fm3, fm4 made wise people and fm5, fm6 make incompetent

Edited by user Friday, September 11, 2015 11:16:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error