2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 8:54:49 AM(UTC)
Come to think of it I never even considered that, it's entirely feasible but I don't think we would ever know for sure
#27 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 10:18:17 AM(UTC)
I like the ideas, but so far the conversation is trapped in the box. Given you had both the resource files and a rendering engine, you would be able to do whatever you wanted for creating Movies from any perspective, any lighting, any weather. Imagine that Your Garage with Cars was outside of the Game Arena. You could access tracks through a service. Lighting, weather, perspective, layering, import, export, would all be part of a separate software package. Imagine being able to superimpose your own image behind the wheel during the races.

All you would need to start down the path is for Turn 10 to separate the games up into Parts and Pieces. Buy a garage, then cars to go into the garage, any artwork that you might want to put on the cars, then either Pay to Race, or have a subscription to a track or set of tracks. Think about the impact of competition on what would be available!
#28 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 12:13:55 PM(UTC)
shadow it has to be prebaked to hit 60 fps. real time requires seconds per frame not frames per second. you can bake multiple lighting maps just like lod for distant models. i think the most indept discussions about abilities vs limitations lately are probably about the unreal engine 4 paris apartment video. if you google ue4 paris demo it should link you to threads with people alot smarter than me and who can explain it much better than i can. free roam needs real time lighting, baking is for specefic angles, the angle, color, brightness etc to the object shape, color, testurre, material, how reflective etc, to the camera. real time lighting requires too much processing for real time. you need to simulate thousands of rays. it would be like trying to simulate thousands of cars on the track and the collisions between them, the chain reactions, etc....its why sand box games dont look as good as on rails games. and real time lighting would make the cardboard cut out crowds stick out even more, it would highlight everything turn ten hid while baking. its like waxing your car and missing a spot. the dull spot become more noticable than the 99.9% of the car that is shiney and once you see it you cant unsee it. it will bug you until you get the wax and fix it.
#29 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 2:48:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
The pre baked lighting is for the environment only, and the environment is static so it doesn't matter what angle you look at it. The lighting on the car is done in real time I believe so you can look at it from any angle and as the car moves the lighting and shadows react accordingly. Pre baked lighting on moving objects just wouldn't really work (could be wrong though but it seems logical to me) Should be no problem for a free camera replay tool, and would be an awesome feature. I would love to see the content that people could create it

this... and also like the shadow edge said the sun doesn't move... Sun = Light Source (also I'm only talking about Motorsport series not Horizon where it has day and night cycle).
Anyway, pre baked lightning working for just one angle does not make any sense, since just like from gameplay to replay cams randomly choose you look into the objects from diferent angles and perspective, tha free camera I'm talking is the same as Photo Mode the only diference would be the game being in action, and since the lightning would not change because Motorsport = no day change during gameplay, there would be no problem, I know what pre baked lightning is and this would work, the only thing T10 would have to work is make a complete track and not like make 2 sides of a building and not make the other 2 sides (the sides from outside of the map perspective)

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2015 2:56:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 7:42:46 AM(UTC)
Having lightly fiddled with Forza's video editing (see sig,) I would be all for a revamped/advanced replay system. The current system is already good as it is - but if it were rebuilt (or more importantly 'jailbroken' for consumers) into an intuitive 'next-gen' gameplay video editor I think the community would respond well.
#31 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 7:51:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: fahita Go to Quoted Post
Having lightly fiddled with Forza's video editing (see sig,) I would be all for a revamped/advanced replay system. The current system is already good as it is - but if it were rebuilt (or more importantly 'jailbroken' for consumers) into an intuitive 'next-gen' gameplay video editor I think the community would respond well.

lol I have to disagreed, I don't think its good how it was, they need to give us more freedom
#32 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:24:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MCplayer92 Go to Quoted Post

lol I have to disagreed, I don't think its good how it was, they need to give us more freedom

good ≠ great ≠ excellent. It is undoubtedly 'good'.

Yes it could be better and opened up a bit... hence why I mentioned 'jailbreaking'

Seriously I am flabbergasted at how many gripes people can come up with for these absolutely breathtaking AAA games that would have caused us to involuntarily squeal 10 years ago.

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:25:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:02:06 AM(UTC)

Yes it could be better and opened up a bit... hence why I mentioned 'jailbreaking'

Seriously I am flabbergasted at how many gripes people can come up with for these absolutely breathtaking AAA games that would have caused us to involuntarily squeal 10 years ago.

I don't know what you meant but its not good anymore for me, have worked 5 - 6 years with that replay cams, now it feels like I'm in a prison, no freedom at all, always the same camera angles, if you are an editor, plan well your vids etc, you know what I'm talking about, its like you being a photographer and algways have to 5 - 6 photograph the same object and try in every single object for 5 - 6 a unique perspective...

Anyway something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtbNuViZcqY

Edited by user Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:04:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:02:28 AM(UTC)

I don't know what you meant but its not good anymore for me, have worked 5 - 6 years with that replay cams, now it feels like I'm in a prison, no freedom at all, always the same camera angles, if you are an editor, plan well your vids etc, you know what I'm talking about, its like you being a photographer and algways have to 5 - 6 photograph the same object and try in every single object for 5 - 6 a unique perspective...

#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:03:18 AM(UTC)
double post again -_-
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:31:39 AM(UTC)
I have a few replays but I cannot seem to be able to upload them to YouTube or anywhere else, I have had a look on here but can only find this thread http://forums.forzamotor...eplays-via-Xbox-One.aspx I have downloaded the Upload Studio app & when I run it, it isn't showing any Forza 6 videos/replays, how do I get the app to access the replays I have?

#37 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 10:16:52 AM(UTC)
We had the video editor on Forza 4, but it was limited to 30 second clips. You can recreate that with the double tap x now, or longer clips on game DVR. The issue then is getting the right camera angles, but if you record it in clips then stitch them together you can get some quality videos. It takes some work though. The only issue is the bitrate of video from xbox console, but it's a trade-off between file size and quality.
A proper video editor would be nice but i fear it would be pretty low down on the priority list if even on it. So many things are usually higher up. Forza 6 was focused on getting weather and night working. Hopefully in Forza 7 it will be all tracks, all variants. But then that will take some time away from developing other new features. So if enough people ask for it, it may be done at some point in the future, but they have other things i'm sure they want to add themselves.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error