4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 4:53:32 PM(UTC)
You can see it if you go into the Progress/Horizon Promo section.

Must have come with the F&F Car Pack, I've not seen it before.

Any ideas how to get it?
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 4:59:34 PM(UTC)
For a "Cheetos Edition," the livery is rather odd:

I'm guessing another AI promo car we might find driving out on the streets.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:00:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:07:39 PM(UTC)
Can't be an AI car, it has a download icon next to it, but it doesn't appear in the Autoshow
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:10:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ratkat Go to Quoted Post
Can't be an AI car, it has a download icon next to it, but it doesn't appear in the Autoshow

If I remember correctly, the G-Shock 370Z was displayed the same way. It was available via promo code and was, definitely, wandering the streets as an AI vehicle.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:30:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

If I remember correctly, the G-Shock 370Z was displayed the same way. It was available via promo code and was, definitely, wandering the streets as an AI vehicle.

I just found it driving around Storm Island and photographed it, wonder how we download it though.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:35:37 PM(UTC)

I just found it driving around Storm Island and photographed it, wonder how we download it though.

Excellent, and thanks for the tip! As for the possibility of a promo download, I'm checking with @ChesterCheetah to see if they have anything to share.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:15:21 AM(UTC)

I have been driving around for over an hour and I have yet to find it.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:14:47 AM(UTC)
Spotted this myself while driving around in the ff7 jeep on the mainland.

Maybe in the Xbox livery until Cheetos start some kind of related promo.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:23:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OrB72 Go to Quoted Post
Spotted this myself while driving around in the ff7 jeep on the mainland.

Maybe in the Xbox livery until Cheetos start some kind of related promo.

I must be doing something wrong then because I've been driving around for hours and I still haven't found the damn thing....
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:24:39 AM(UTC)
I went to Storm Island and started an "Extreme Offroad Championship". The car was in the starting field, easy promo shot ;)
Fuel your fantasy
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:53:06 AM(UTC)
Ford Raptor Cheetos edition. It is currently in an Xbox livery and you may see it wandering around. It looks like this Just ignore the stylization. I was too lazy to remove it.

Oh, and ignore the stylization, I didn't bother to remove it.
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:54:12 AM(UTC)
There is another topic on this already, no need to spam and create another one.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:56:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KO771 Go to Quoted Post
I went to Storm Island and started an "Extreme Offroad Championship". The car was in the starting field, easy promo shot ;)

I love you so much. I did this and I got it immediately. Back to 100% promo cars found, woohoo!
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:02:32 AM(UTC)
I didn't see the other topic oops
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:40:05 AM(UTC)
I don't need another version of the same Raptor. I WILL take some Cheetos though. Thanks.

PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER
THE FUEL JUNKIE CAR CLUB
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:29:59 AM(UTC)
Cheetos may car pack.

Mercury cougar
Lamborguini cheetah
Buick wildcat
Grotti cheetah
Charger hellcat
Ford puma
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:40:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post
Cheetos may car pack.

Mercury cougar
Lamborguini cheetah
Buick wildcat
Grotti cheetah
Charger hellcat
Ford puma

Got a bit of GTA V mixed in there huh? ;)

on topic: if the Raptor really is a contest or promo car, it will be US-only... again. :(
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:02:57 AM(UTC)
The contest limitations, as always, are set by the sponsor of the event/contest/promotion, NOT Turn 10 or Playground Games. The companies adhere to legal requirements, which vary by country (even by different states in the USA), and must submit realms of paperwork to whatever the governing body is prior to launching their advertising/promotion.

Regulations differ even between the USA and Canada, as well as between states or provinces. When you start attempting to get EU approval, etc., it becomes much more complicated (and expensive), not to mention what the sponsor foresees as their "target audience" where a promotion is going to be launched.

Originally Posted by: Nyx2000 Go to Quoted Post

on topic: if the Raptor really is a contest or promo car, it will be US-only... again. :(

Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:33:07 AM(UTC)
Yeah I know that. Been keeping myself updated on trade regulations concerning contests and stuff like that for years now. Its just sad that stuff like that never gets better, only worse. =/

I can live with the fact, that stuff like this is rarely available outside the U.S., but my collector-side can´t. And that side is unhappy as usual. XD
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:39:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nyx2000 Go to Quoted Post
I can live with the fact, that stuff like this is rarely available outside the U.S., but my collector-side can´t. And that side is unhappy as usual. XD

You're in good spirits about it and I have a feeling HeliosT10 will have some good news for the European audience with the upcoming release of Forza Motorsport 6. Hang in there!
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 10:52:46 AM(UTC)
A lot of this "only in the . . ." stuff goes back years to when European countries tightened up their regulations (even pre-EU) and starting charging for things like T-shirts or baseball caps which used to be sent out to beta testers breaking and testing pre-release games for Microsoft. All of a sudden, if the item wasn't shipped from the country it was manufactured in, it was rejected by the local customs agency.

They also started charging (United Parcel, for one, did it) "retail value" for a beta disc, trying to collect hundreds of dollars (U.S.) for a beta disc of Microsoft Office, for instance, which was encoded with a drop-dead date and unusable after about 90 days. Go figure, but that's where they started giving beta testers code-specific downloads so tests could be conducted in the regular marketing countries, too, not just the USA.

One of the last shirts (kept very carefully) I received was back in 2002, which says "I've got great hands" on the front and "Beta Tester 2002 - Xbox LIVE" on the back. LOL! And things are way more regulated now. Spend a few minutes going through the game credits (where staff, artists, etc., are listed) and check out all the lawyers and the "used under license to...: information is. Simply amazing.
Pay It Forward

#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:08:40 AM(UTC)
The trade agreement Germany and the US where supposed to sign/signed (not sure about that, no actual info to be found) did not include promotional items, so whatever would have been made easier to trade.... well you get the point.

And you wouldn´t believe the taxes on stuff if you import things to Germany from the US by yourself. Strangely stuff like that doesn´t apply to information sent vial mail. So if a company, simply sent out an e-mail stating "sorry, you cannot enter, because you are not a local resident, but have this code as compensation" it could work. But I´m no lawyer and the companies would have to sort this out. ;)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:09:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:14:30 AM(UTC)
To keep this on-topic, I haven't seen the car in question yet either.

I have a friend who lives in Canada, where computer parts - like memory - are very expensive, but forbidden by customs to be sent in from the USA because their government (Canada) wants support for their own industries. Somehow, years ago my friend received a "birthday joke gift - plastic goats" package of 512 MB of RAM. (Get it?)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:15:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Pay It Forward

#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:33:45 AM(UTC)
I gotta look for it once I´m home again. Its gonna be like hunting. Now the "Hunter" is the hunted. ;)

@Snowowl. I agree. Gifts are great. :)

//Edit: OMG! I just got it! XD (sry, english is not my native language)

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:39:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:38:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Snowowl Go to Quoted Post
To keep this on-topic, I haven't seen the car in question yet either.

I have a friend who lives in Canada, where computer parts - like memory - are very expensive, but forbidden by customs to be sent in from the USA because their government (Canada) wants support for their own industries. Somehow, years ago my friend received a "birthday joke gift - plastic goats" package of 512 MB of RAM. (Get it?)

That was pretty baaaaaaad.

:p

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error