5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:46:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wilko Jones Go to Quoted Post
I understand that, but at least Microsoft reduced the amount of bandwidth needed for a streaming service. We don't know what the minimums are; but hopefully someone with a DSL connection can access any "cloud gaming" features in FM6, if that was to happen. It makes a much wider audience than requiring at least 10Mbps of bandwidth for "cloud gaming" features.

if the split rendering works as described, and the bandwidth savings are true in 'real world' situations and not just 'lab scenarios' then its a huge deal.

Nvidia GRID already streams 1080p/60fps from their datacentre's however the bandwidth requirements are quite above even that 10Mbps. 10Mbps is the minimum for 720p streaming from GRID.

if they can save 80%, then 10Mbps will be the minimum for 1080p streaming.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#102 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:19:47 PM(UTC)
I didn't know SHIELD needed that much bandwidth to hit 1080p/60fps. Good to know, and that's what I get for pulling numbers out of my hind quarters. At least I washed my hands before typing. LOL.

That is a mighty big "if" though. With some first party games having online issues, and the DDoS attacks on XBL, I wonder if it would work in the real world? Well, we just may find out sooner, rather than later.

Thanks Dust.
Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#103 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:31:09 AM(UTC)
"As real as it gets: Breathtaking graphics at 1080px resolution and 50 frames per second. Wet weather, 3D puddles, and night racing test your driving skills. Cutting-edge ForzaTech™ engine powers the unrelenting action and stat-of-the-art-physics at simulation speed." As found here, and likely for a limited time.
#104 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:42:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

Nice find there, lots of little goodies on that page! I went ahead and screenshoted everything in case they take it down.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#105 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:46:02 PM(UTC)
"As real as it gets: Breathtaking graphics at 1080px resolution and 50 frames per second. Wet weather, 3D puddles, and night racing test your driving skills. Cutting-edge ForzaTech™ engine powers the unrelenting action and stat-of-the-art-physics at simulation speed." As found here, and likely for a limited time.

Thanks... Now I have to navigate Xbox dot com back to the US/English setting.

That aside, it's been pulled. No matter. It's content was spread all over the interweb; and everyone and their mommas has seen the place holder screenshots, and read the blurbs.

I am excited, and kind of upset that the leak happened. Now I'll know some of what to expect going into the Turn 10 portion of the event. Eh. Life goes on.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:48:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Time to hit the road.

Take care!
#106 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:32:26 AM(UTC)

50fps is a typo. Should be 60fps and it was confirmed IIRC.
#107 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 10:22:48 AM(UTC)
As title, I've read there is a all new physics engine in Forza 6, does anyone have any facial information regarding this?

I've never really been keen on the handling in.forza not the slow steering response / weak brakes / icy grip feel, so any changes to any of this would be welcome imho.

Not a hate post before anyone jumps on me the above is only my opinion.
I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
#108 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 10:45:05 AM(UTC)
"The Forza franchise is built on what we call Forzatech, that's our engine, our rendering and our physics engine, and both games are built on the same platform, and we evolve that between the two studios over time."
at the 2:00 minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNuKIAHwmLo

Arstechnica interview with T10 on physics: http://arstechnica.com/g...-a-world-first-hands-on/

Edited by user Monday, June 22, 2015 10:46:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#109 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 10:51:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"The Forza franchise is built on what we call Forzatech, that's our engine, our rendering and our physics engine, and both games are built on the same platform, and we evolve that between the two studios over time."
at the 2:00 minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNuKIAHwmLo

Arstechnica interview with T10 on physics: http://arstechnica.com/g...-a-world-first-hands-on/

Thankyou
I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
 2 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 11:08:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post
As title, I've read there is a all new physics engine in Forza 6, does anyone have any facial information regarding this?

I've never really been keen on the handling in.forza not the slow steering response / weak brakes / icy grip feel, so any changes to any of this would be welcome imho.

Raceboy stated it was similar to FM5 but better. There was another YouTube video explaining similar.

What Ive been able to tell the game has a similar FM5 feel but possibly more responsive.

The only thing I didn't like about FM5 physics was that every car understeered for no reason. I'm guessing this may have been adjusted to make cars more responsive. Never had problems with brakes or icy grip feel. Those all appeared fine to me.
 2 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 7:56:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post

Raceboy stated it was similar to FM5 but better. There was another YouTube video explaining similar.

What Ive been able to tell the game has a similar FM5 feel but possibly more responsive.

The only thing I didn't like about FM5 physics was that every car understeered for no reason. I'm guessing this may have been adjusted to make cars more responsive. Never had problems with brakes or icy grip feel. Those all appeared fine to me.

The cars did understeer a lot in FM5 but from gameplay of what I've seen, that seems to have been fixed especially the understeer at high speeds.
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 9:11:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CPU M Rossi Go to Quoted Post
well MS is beta testing F2P Halo online for the PC in russia so maybe a F2P Forza online for the PC is in the pipeline

not to say I was right, ok I was not 100% correct but pretty darn close :-P

I 'm not fast
#113 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:27:29 AM(UTC)
Yeah, but you've got lots of spare time on your hands after being replaced by Drivatars...

lol
#114 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 3:56:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but you've got lots of spare time on your hands after being replaced by Drivatars...

lol

He's still in the Showcase events... ^_~
#115 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 3:58:17 AM(UTC)
Yeah, but that's left him with plenty of time when not running in races to get up to mischief!
lol
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error