5 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 10:42:21 AM(UTC)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-is-microsoft-s-forzatech/1100-6426455/
"Microsoft has filed a new trademark application for something called "Forzatech," though the company's intentions for it are not immediately clear."

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86586050&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
The actual filing is in all uppercase, for whatever that indicates. "The mark consists of standard characters without claim to any particular font style, size, or color. "

Original story updated on April 8:
Quote:
"We can confirm that Microsoft has filed a trademark application for ForzaTech, which is Turn 10 Studios' proprietary graphics and simulation engine for Forza," a Microsoft representative told GameSpot. "We'll have more to share at E3."

Edited by user Thursday, April 9, 2015 7:25:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:44:11 AM(UTC)
As there is basically zero information about "Forzatech" at this time, this post literally cries for wild guesses and assumptions: I'll start...

Its either gonna be a Hololens app used for maybe forzavista or ingame HUD/Telemetry. MS confirmed that some of their major studios are working on hololens apps already, i wouldnt be suprised if T10 is amongst them

or

a new cross game engine (GFX & Physics) made for DX12. It will make its first apperance with FM6 and can be licensed by other studios as well
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 11/28/2042 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:06:50 PM(UTC)
Most likely a tuning app they can then upcharge for. Great to see them make even more money off the backs of people who actually care about the game.

Just stop. Just sayin.
 7 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 12:29:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ECT Loco UBoG Go to Quoted Post
Most likely a tuning app they can then upcharge for. Great to see them make even more money off the backs of people who actually care about the game.

You could have 'guessed' the same when Forza Hub was trademarked and you'd have been flat wrong. Maybe wait and see before clucking that the sky is falling?

#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:49:23 PM(UTC)
My prediction is that it would be a codename for and all-new game engine along with DX12, allowing for improved graphics, physics, sounds, and AI, plus maybe having more cars/tracks, more cars on track, increased security and matchmaking in online modes (includes multiplayer, auction house, storefront, gifting, and the like), more layers for painting, maybe having night/weather for the first time, or even an increased resolution and frame rate. Only time can tell.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:50:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
 9 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 3:01:49 PM(UTC)

Achievement Unlocked for -25G | Mr. Negative: Be the first to complain in a thread that's existed for less than 6 hours.

Bigtime Muscle Member | Now on One!
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:39:39 PM(UTC)
It's gotta be a new and novel approach to physics simulation.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:54:03 PM(UTC)
well hoping its something that would put great use to second screen functionality like real time telemetry output, or a dashboard, or even just something to record and review telemetry after the fact would be nice.

It wont be that though..

Probably the new buzzword for "Car lovers into gamers"
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:09:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

You could have 'guessed' the same when Forza Hub was trademarked and you'd have been flat wrong. Maybe wait and see before clucking that the sky is falling?

I assure you I don't cluck. You can tote the company line I get you are a mod and receive free dlc, so their may be a little loyalty left in the tank. T10 is a for profit business and that first. Forzahub is worthless. Good for you as it means less people need to come to the forums. Food for thought.

Just stop. Just sayin.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 7:12:49 PM(UTC)
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Just sayin. Business is business. Copying something that works when you have a large user base that can't tune, see all the threads here, equals a great biz opportunity. One calc I know off made $18k in 12 months, a few calcs out there, but they can't reach people the way T10 can.

Just stop. Just sayin.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:15:13 AM(UTC)
18k is peanuts tho compared to forza's budget. it would probably cost more than 18k a year to pay a coder to write it, do the interface, make updates for dlc cars, etc....... janitors at ms make $14 and hour. so even if the janitor coded it they could spend about 1300 hours a year on it. i'm betting turn ten has spent more than 18k on a single office party. it would be cheaper in the long run to just build the calc into the game rather than maintaining a separate piece of software. i think it would lose money as seperate software and would still be beaten by humans. if you can download better human tunes for free, why buy a calc. and every calc i have seen tells people its a base starting tune that needs tweaked by human intelligence for a peak tune.

forget the janitor to code it, the accountants and lawyers would probably make it a money loser even at a few hundred thousand dollars. turn ten almost has to consult legal and marketing before going to the bathroom. and i bet those people are expensive.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:41:46 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged. Also please do not repost the text of an article in its entirety; in any case a better option is to refer to the original article than the one that just copies it. - MM]

http://attackofthefanboy...-have-a-new-game-engine/

Edited by user Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:07:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:10:45 PM(UTC)
Now that we have a better idea of what Forzatech is I've moved the original post from General Xbox Gaming to FM6 discussion.

Gamespot's original article has been updated with confirmation that Forzatech is a "graphics and simulation engine for Forza":
http://www.gamespot.com/...ech-update/1100-6426455/
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:23:33 PM(UTC)
I stand behind my post, lets hope it includes an API to access shared memory.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:14:55 PM(UTC)
I am very intrigued. Perhaps this could be the terminology applied to things associated with environmental elements, like day/night and weather conditions. And by weather conditions, I mean more advanced simulation of things like ambient air temperature, air density by way of elevation, relative humidity, et cetera. Since Forza Motorsport 4, I always felt like the atmospheric nature of Forza (both visually and by way of simulated parameters) is the next step to ramping up authenticity. With track surfaces closer to reality than ever before in the franchise's history, nailing down the locales' respective environment to play into vehicle performance seems like the next step in taking Forza to the next level.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
So, the big secret is a rebranded game engine... Anyone got some new conspiracy theories as to how Turn 10 is gonna rip us off?

4 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:36:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Yakov Alfa Go to Quoted Post
So, the big secret is a rebranded game engine... Anyone got some new conspiracy theories as to how Turn 10 is gonna rip us off?

"Built from the ground up" ?
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:52:00 PM(UTC)
Seriously, it sounds like an after-market ECU. Bemused they actually gave it a name ... Will be looking out for a local franchise opening up. o_0
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:04:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
"Built from the ground up" ?

They're game developers, not construction workers. They think "ground up" means new paint from the basement to the roof instead of building an entirely new structure. They're only ten years old, I'm sure they'll have a better grasp on terminology once they go into high school.

#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:20:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
I am very intrigued. Perhaps this could be the terminology applied to things associated with environmental elements, like day/night and weather conditions. And by weather conditions, I mean more advanced simulation of things like ambient air temperature, air density by way of elevation, relative humidity, et cetera. Since Forza Motorsport 4, I always felt like the atmospheric nature of Forza (both visually and by way of simulated parameters) is the next step to ramping up authenticity. With track surfaces closer to reality than ever before in the franchise's history, nailing down the locales' respective environment to play into vehicle performance seems like the next step in taking Forza to the next level.

I really like this theory. I would be a fan if this is what it is. Hopefully not a complete overhaul, then we would be starting over with cars and tracks again.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2015 7:28:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlattRascal48 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

I really like this theory. I would be a fan if this is what it is. Hopefully not a complete overhaul, then we would be starting over with cars and tracks again.

With pCars already doing all of this and more, Id hope T10 would step up to the challenge as well.
 4 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 12:26:47 AM(UTC)
I've read this thread and it's hilarious. Talk about a troll fest!

I've really no idea why some people hang around this forum. Their hatred of all things Forza and T10 is palpable.
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:07:37 AM(UTC)
So they've made the game prettier with better physics through likely more efficient programming and some technological breakthrough either with their own research or combination of their's and data that was proprietary from Ford/other manufacturers.

Don't really see this as a big deal and at least confirms an attempt to improve upon an already adequate FM5 engine.

Does this mean they actually had the time/people to improve the actual game itself this time?
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:35:56 AM(UTC)
And this basically just confirms my thread i made around the beginning of the year when i got that information from that so called "insider", maybe he was right about it.

Which leaves me with this, GUYS i think this may just be the game that change the racing genre in gaming, we know Turn 10 is capable of doing some amazing things so i'll wait to see how it turns out, oh and don't say i didn't tell you so when this WILL be the best forza game.

GOT TO DO IT BIG FOR THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY RIGHT GUYS ?!!!!
PARTYNEXTFLOOR all rights reserved©
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:19:16 AM(UTC)
So far all this says for sure is that MS has applied for a patent for the Forza game engine. Doesn't mean it's being rebuilt or improved. Could just be a preemptive move to protect themselves from the competition.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error