3 Pages123Next
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 10:43:29 PM(UTC)

Forza Motorsport has worked with the Top Gear brand for the last few installments and the relationship has been used as a selling point in the past. However, with everything that's happened with Clarkson, do you think Turn 10 will still partner with Top Gear for FM6?

If Clarkson is really gone for good (and it looks like he is) and Hammond and May go with him (which they've pretty much said that they would) and the BBC gets three new hosts for Top Gear, would it then still be a selling point to include the Top Gear brand in the next Forza game?

Would anyone here still want "Top Gear" to be part of FM6 even if that meant no Clarkson, Hammond, and May? Should Turn 10 just leave Top Gear out of FM6 all together? What do you guys think?

P.S. MotorworldHype did an op-ed video on the Clarkson situation for anyone who's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWPvrOGY-LM
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:19:53 PM(UTC)
no clarkson no dice only thing i like about fm5 was clarkson sexy voice
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:24:36 PM(UTC)
I think that if T10 was to tell us that one current track had to go to make way for a new race circuit most would suggest dropping the Top Gear track or the Test track. For me it ranks right at the bottom. Voice overs in vista aren't a make or break for the game regardless of who does them. So personally I don't think it'll impact FM6 much at all with one possible exception. T10 only have about six months to complete the game so any changes affecting work that's already completed would be a very unwelcome development.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:37:31 AM(UTC)
As much as I enjoy the show, I never considered having Top Gear on board as a major selling point. It was a cool little side thing, but did nothing to enhance the game. I could care less if it's there or not.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 7:47:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
As much as I enjoy the show, I never considered having Top Gear on board as a major selling point. It was a cool little side thing, but did nothing to enhance the game. I could care less if it's there or not.

^^^^That
 8 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:07:55 AM(UTC)
If dropping the whole Top Gear partnership means I don't have to ever drive around the test track, smashing through wheely bins and airport information signs, I'm all for it.

#7 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:08:34 AM(UTC)
Hopefully they can work something out with just the three of them to do voice work. Even if they leave out the brand and just put the track shape in a new setting with minor tweaks. (Tunnel for follow through anyone?) If not, I'd rather have them try out US Top Gear over new UK Top Gear hosts. See how it goes. Worst case, it'll be a one off.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:25:22 PM(UTC)
Even without the current BBC situation I think it's had its day as a novelty addition to the franchise. Time to move on and concentrate on proper circuits or even a challenging point to point. I'm a fan of TG but that doesn't mean I want to see the track in Forza.
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:51:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post
Even without the current BBC situation I think it's had its day as a novelty addition to the franchise. Time to move on and concentrate on proper circuits or even a challenging point to point. I'm a fan of TG but that doesn't mean I want to see the track in Forza.

Same here. Those Gimmicky Top Gear events in Forza 5 are annoying.
If they have to put voice overs, can't they use real racing drivers? Clarkson is funny, but he is just purely an entertainer.
 3 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:59:09 AM(UTC)
If they still wanted May, Jezza and Hamstring to do voiceovers, they can. They're sacked from BBC, not DEAD, T10 could just hire them freelance.

Also, I've heard they're not so busy just now.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 4:13:32 AM(UTC)
There is no reason the track couldn't remain in the game. Top Gear or even the BBC do not own this track, they just film there. It is owned by Dunsfold Park who would probably be happy to keep licensing it to games.
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 5:44:16 AM(UTC)
I hope so. Get rid of the hole.
https://www.youtube.com/craviator <- Please check it out and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLslsqUhsTg <-
Lotus Cortina Build/Tune Tutorial BRAND NEW VIDEO *UPDATE*
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 5:50:33 AM(UTC)

It's 'couldn't care less'.
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:01:02 PM(UTC)

Agreed! I never watched the show and whether it said Top gear on the car pack or not, I didn't care. I just want some cool cars to tinker around with and drive the best I can around whatever tracks I can.

#15 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 4:29:58 AM(UTC)
The only part of the Top Gear participation I actually do like is the track itself. Not the "events" there in game, but the track. It's my favorite place to run Rivals as the track layout truly is designed to push a vehicle and driver.
The voice overs were few and far between on the cars, none of the DLC, the series voice overs were nice I guess.

That said I'd take a real life track over the Top gear track I suppose. I would miss the figure 8 racing though.

2Old4Forza
#16 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 4:57:07 AM(UTC)
I don't think FM6 NEEDS Top Gear, the game can cope without it in my opinion. Having said that I think if the partnership continues T10 might just use Tanner Foust to do voicing in the game.
#17 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 6:32:44 AM(UTC)
I don't expect there to be any Top Gear connection in Forza Motorsport 6, unless it is Top Gear US or Tanner Foust related. Still, I think Microsoft Studios has made the call for Turn 10 to go ahead and drop all Top Gear related content ... track, voice overs, car pack sponsorship, etc. Just my opinion.
#18 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 6:58:24 AM(UTC)
Well BBC still own the rights to TG and are planning to reboot the TV show next year, so the track itself could still remain.

Twitter: @RyHirons
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 6:59:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Un4given Raider Go to Quoted Post

........If not, I'd rather have them try out US Top Gear over new UK Top Gear hosts.......

Dear god, no!

That would be like trading in an Aston Martin for a Vauxhall Nova.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 8:28:06 AM(UTC)
What they need to do is have a Beat the Driver Rivals with Sabine!

2Old4Forza
#21 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 8:45:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deadlycowpat95 Go to Quoted Post
Well BBC still own the rights to TG and are planning to reboot the TV show next year, so the track itself could still remain.

Eh. I think they (Microsoft Studios) cut ties altogether.
#22 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 9:13:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

If there's proof of that then ok, but until something is officially said otherwise then I see no reason as to why the TG track cannot be in the game.

Twitter: @RyHirons
#23 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
The inclusion of top gear in forza wasnt great. The best part was the pre career mode intro. Actually, that was the best part of career mode now that Im thinking of it.

I think I could live without a cool intro.
#24 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 12:47:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post

... I see no reason as to why the TG track cannot be in the game.

Public relations is a rather curious profession. Whenever one company, organization, or individual changes the façade of their professional image--inadvertently or otherwise--it is interesting to see how that brand's partnerships and professional relationships subsequently change. Unfortunately, Top Gear UK is in an indefinite holding pattern as the result of a rather controversial matter. In turn, however you, as a consumer, sees the situation really is irrelevant to the image that Microsoft Studios and Turn 10 Studios are trying to maintain. That is after all, the job of the public relations experts.

Now, this is isn't to say the Top Gear brand is infected in any shape or form, but that partners are very likely to remove themselves from the picture until the air has cleared. More often than not, these responses are just an extra PR safety measure to ensure there is no "spill over" onto one's own brand (it's amazing how much muck will be raked up as a result of this incident). Still, I don't see Microsoft Studios taking a risk in having anything on its famed racing game (a franchise now 10 years in the making) just to include a facility synonymous with the show.

But, if you are looking for proof, that I cannot offer. Heck, much of this newly created forum is filled to the brim with wishes and conjecture. If you are wanting all discussions in this section to be based on proof, it might be better to sit it out for another 2 months or so.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:30:41 PM(UTC)
Whilst it's too early to guess at the impact the sacking of JC will have on the Top Gear brand I would agree with Shadow. Top Gear in its own right would attract no more interest than any average consumer show. It's the presenters that popularised the programme and without them there really won't be much to market. I can't see any organisation continuing a relationship with the BBC and those that are parachuted in to replace Clarkson, Hammond and May.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error