4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:26:48 PM(UTC)
The MX-5 Super20 sounds so cool! What an amazing exhaust sound! Wide rims and all the cool stuff! Thanks T10
 2 users liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:36:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ixoye56 Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand the excitement of gaining access to a bunch "hairdressers" cars even though they are free ?

I don't get the continual need for people to call these mini roadsters 'hairdressers' cars, when pretty much every time I see one on the road, it's a guy driving it. Especially the MazdaSpeed versions.

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
#78 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:01:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VerrucktSchakal Go to Quoted Post

I don't get the continual need for people to call these mini roadsters 'hairdressers' cars, when pretty much every time I see one on the road, it's a guy driving it. Especially the MazdaSpeed versions.

You're right. It's just that some people don't know what it means to be grateful and often feel the need to have their opinion heard when it wasn't asked for. Now I know nothing about the user lxoye56, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he doesn't fall into this and I'm way off base.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:16:48 PM(UTC)
Now I can finally drive it with the top down.

I am content.
私は日本語が話せません。
#80 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:30:52 PM(UTC)
Cant complain for free 4 more cars towards the fit for a sultan achivement :)
 2 users liked this post.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:31:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Individuationis Go to Quoted Post

You're right. It's just that some people don't know what it means to be grateful and often feel the need to have their opinion heard when it wasn't asked for. Now I know nothing about the user lxoye56, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he doesn't fall into this and I'm way off base.

I think the people that are complaining are doing so because they have never actually driven a Miata in the real world, they can't seem to beat them on the leaderboards in Forza, and they hate free stuff.

Maybe they hate cake too (sorry, Jim Gaffigan moment there)....
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:46:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Uberchaun Go to Quoted Post

I am content.

Dat Straw Hat jolly rancher sticker.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 17, 2015 6:46:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:50:35 PM(UTC)
I don't understand the excitement of gaining access to a bunch "hairdressers" cars even though they are free ?

That's a rather odd way to refer to them. I knew a hairdresser. She drove a Toyota 4Runner.

#84 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:38:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brother of Bone Go to Quoted Post

That's a rather odd way to refer to them. I knew a hairdresser. She drove a Toyota 4Runner.

My cousin is a hairdresser. She drives a Foxbody Mustang.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#85 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:14:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

One of my cousins is a hairdresser too - and drives a heavily modified V8 Landcruiser.
On the other hand my missus mum drives an NC MX-5 but is the office manager at a school and one of my uncles is looking for an MX-5 - to add to his collection of race cars and toys (which include an 800hp Cobra and multiple Formula Fords, Westfields and their ilk).
A "haridressers car" is one that is all style and no substance - not a twisty road weapon like an MX-5.
#86 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:08:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: funky dunk 1977 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

One of my cousins is a hairdresser too - and drives a heavily modified V8 Landcruiser.
On the other hand my missus mum drives an NC MX-5 but is the office manager at a school and one of my uncles is looking for an MX-5 - to add to his collection of race cars and toys (which include an 800hp Cobra and multiple Formula Fords, Westfields and their ilk).
A "haridressers car" is one that is all style and no substance - not a twisty road weapon like an MX-5.

The Emperor of the Universe drives a Chevette.

* a man in a suit walks in and mumbles something in B Wald's ear *

Wait, what? Free Mazdas? I like 'em fine, sure.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#87 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:32:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post

Maybe they hate cake too (sorry, Jim Gaffigan moment there)....

Ha ha. Great stuff.
#88 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:00:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Elit3 Nick Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: The Uberchaun Go to Quoted Post

I am content.

Dat Straw Hat jolly rancher sticker.

It's on my storefront, if you want it.
私は日本語が話せません。
#89 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:52:20 AM(UTC)
I'm liking these cars.

I've put the Super20 to the top of A Class and tuned it up a bit. I haven't run any actual races with it though so I'll holding off on sharing the build. I've been too busy just driving around having a blast with.

I've also driven the 2016 MX-5 more than I'd like to admit at this point doing the Monthly Rivals Event. It's a fun car but it could definitely benefit from a slight tne to alleviate some darn wheelspin under load. It's still fun to drive and does a really good job.
#90 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:01:47 PM(UTC)
I've only driven the 2016 MX-5 and I like it too. Very nice in B-class with stock tires. And the Super20, yeah, I'm really looking forward to driving this car, looks very sweet...
#91 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:07:28 PM(UTC)

to that guy who said that about the hairdressers here http://xboxclips.com/BMW...7-4dad-9258-51cfa739ce07 me and my friend at the top with these so called hairdresser cars at S2 beating Veyrons and P1s :)
Anddd That's the bottom lineeee...
#92 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:32:01 PM(UTC)
The Super20 sounds incredibly good! This is just beautiful music! Go listen to an awesome orchestra in some tunnels :)
#93 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:50:37 AM(UTC)
The 1990 Miata is interesting. They picked up on some very minor details, but missed a very blatant one.

The only thing I see wrong with the 1994 Miata in the game is that it is missing the map pockets on the doors.

Minor details they got right on the 1990:

White Mazda sticker on front bumper (1990-1992 were the only years for this sticker 1993-1997 had a Mazda badge)

Miata badge on rear of car is written in black (1990-1993 is black 1994-1997 is red)

Correct OEM wheels (1990-1993 had these wheels 1994-1997 had different ones)

They removed the seat belt tower brace (1990-1993 did not have seat belt brace, 1994-1997 had it)

Removed factory front and rear lip and rear spoiler (The 1994 in game is an r package which is the first year for that)

1990-1993 had a red line at 6500 RPM which is shown on the HUD tachometer, where 1994-1997 had a 7000 RPM redline.

Changed the gearing, a 1990 Miata will not hit 60mph in 2nd gear, a 1994 Miata can hit just over 60mph in 2nd gear.

Added two OEM paint colors not available in 1994, the Blue is slightly different as it should be and then there is the silver/gray color

Changed the engine noise

Fixed minor in game issues:

On the 1994 Miata, if you zoom in the gear shift is on backwards (look at the shift pattern) also at night the red portion of the tachometer lights up green which is incorrect.

On the 1990 Miata, the gear shift is the right direction and the red portion of the tachometer lights up red which is correct. They also made the buttons on the radio and dash light up green as they should.

Blatantly wrong:

The dash in the 1990 is out of a 1994-1997 Miata. the 1990-1993 Miata only had a driver's side airbag, the 1994-1997 Miata had a driver and passenger side airbag. Also as noted above the redline is different between 1990 and 1994, which is right on the HUD tachometer but incorrect on the dash tachometer

So they obviously remodeled some of the 1990 Miata, it is not just a simple clone of the 1994 Miata we had, yet they did not bother to change the dash?

The only reason I can pick up on all of the stupid things above is because I own a 1997 Miata in real life.

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:52:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:07:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BMWM414 Go to Quoted Post

to that guy who said that about the hairdressers here http://xboxclips.com/BMW...7-4dad-9258-51cfa739ce07 me and my friend at the top with these so called hairdresser cars at S2 beating Veyrons and P1s :)

Does that car in the clip have a rotary engine? The idle reminds me of the Mazda 787. I've been focusing on the Iron Banner in Destiny this week so haven't had a chance to drive the Mazda Free-ness yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:07:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZRob72 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BMWM414 Go to Quoted Post

Does that car in the clip have a rotary engine? The idle reminds me of the Mazda 787. I've been focusing on the Iron Banner in Destiny this week so haven't had a chance to drive the Mazda Free-ness yet.

yes sir :)
Anddd That's the bottom lineeee...
#96 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:29:55 PM(UTC)
Don't know if this is the right thread, but there is a beautiful paint job from skreamies for the Super20 I can recommend. Really good job, just beautiful...
#97 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 9:21:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post
The 1990 Miata is interesting. They picked up on some very minor details, but missed a very blatant one.

The only thing I see wrong with the 1994 Miata in the game is that it is missing the map pockets on the doors.

White Mazda sticker on front bumper (1990-1992 were the only years for this sticker 1993-1997 had a Mazda badge)

Miata badge on rear of car is written in black (1990-1993 is black 1994-1997 is red)

They removed the seat belt tower brace (1990-1993 did not have seat belt brace, 1994-1997 had it)

Removed factory front and rear lip and rear spoiler (The 1994 in game is an r package which is the first year for that)

1990-1993 had a red line at 6500 RPM which is shown on the HUD tachometer, where 1994-1997 had a 7000 RPM redline.

Changed the gearing, a 1990 Miata will not hit 60mph in 2nd gear, a 1994 Miata can hit just over 60mph in 2nd gear.

Added two OEM paint colors not available in 1994, the Blue is slightly different as it should be and then there is the silver/gray color

Changed the engine noise

On the 1994 Miata, if you zoom in the gear shift is on backwards (look at the shift pattern) also at night the red portion of the tachometer lights up green which is incorrect.

On the 1990 Miata, the gear shift is the right direction and the red portion of the tachometer lights up red which is correct. They also made the buttons on the radio and dash light up green as they should.

Blatantly wrong:

The dash in the 1990 is out of a 1994-1997 Miata. the 1990-1993 Miata only had a driver's side airbag, the 1994-1997 Miata had a driver and passenger side airbag. Also as noted above the redline is different between 1990 and 1994, which is right on the HUD tachometer but incorrect on the dash tachometer

So they obviously remodeled some of the 1990 Miata, it is not just a simple clone of the 1994 Miata we had, yet they did not bother to change the dash?

The only reason I can pick up on all of the stupid things above is because I own a 1997 Miata in real life.

Theres problems with many cars. Some like the SLR and 190E were correct in fm4 but incorrect when in fm5, which is ported to here.

#98 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 2:57:16 PM(UTC)
Well the oldest MX5 in this pack is already in FH2, only difference is the engine (1.6 vs 1.8) and the fact that we can't put the hardtop option on any of the MX5s in this DLC pack. Why no hardtops???
#99 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 5:42:50 PM(UTC)
Love the free car packs.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:59:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: baritone mike Go to Quoted Post

Changed the engine noise

Blatantly wrong:

I noticed the same things as I have a '95. It's a shame about the dash as I like the earlier one better. But really that's nit picking. This is truly a great pack and a nice surprise!

4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error