#1 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 3:07:04 PM(UTC)
In your folks opinion... what do you consider to be the appropriate number of classes to upgrade a given car. For example... D class upgraded to A class? D class upgraded to S class? E class to Bclass? So on & so forth...
HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:54:47 AM(UTC)
Some cars are fun to drive way above their stock classes, but they lose practicality after a while. I'd say don't go above A for anything that's F through C stock. Then most B class cars sit well in A or S. There are some exceptions though... The Fiero starts in E class, but it's a killer S class lobby car. Experiment and see what you like!
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:23:42 PM(UTC)
In my opinion, it would depend on the car. Some cars are just impractical for what they are when fully tuned perfect example the little datsun that can be built to R2 that's pretty ridiculous when ya think about it. However another point I'd like to make is that the class of a vehicle is not the hard and fast rule. I've beaten R3 cars with S class cars D vs C you name it. A little off topic but it reinforces my fore point. It would also come down to what style of car (muscle,sport,tuner, etc) I don't think any S class muscle car is impractical though some would argue. In the end, it is what you want it to be.
#4 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2015 8:27:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DwarvenYusaris Go to Quoted Post
In my opinion, it would depend on the car. Some cars are just impractical for what they are when fully tuned perfect example the little datsun that can be built to R2 that's pretty ridiculous when ya think about it. However another point I'd like to make is that the class of a vehicle is not the hard and fast rule. I've beaten R3 cars with S class cars D vs C you name it. A little off topic but it reinforces my fore point. It would also come down to what style of car (muscle,sport,tuner, etc) I don't think any S class muscle car is impractical though some would argue. In the end, it is what you want it to be.

I'm guessing you mean the Fairlady Z, ie. Datsun 240z-280z/x, also known as the Japanese Corvette. These were used as road course race cars in races such as the 1983 IMSA GTO Championship, or the drag car version of the 280zx turbo by electramotive which produced 700hp and reached the speed of 140 mph on the quarter mile. What I'm getting at, the R2 class in game is not ridiculous because cars like that have been built in real life.
#5 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2015 1:16:43 PM(UTC)
R classes are primarily for race cars, and other select super high performance road cars. Cars with both good punch and grip and downforce. Having R2 Datsun rockets is just unethical, apart from drag racing! :)

Some cars can be upgraded well out of their original classes as Harmonic said. Some are just rubbish though.

Edited by user Monday, May 25, 2015 1:18:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:12:53 AM(UTC)
So far I just prefer to take them up to the top of the next class up and drive the wheels off them. Earlier in my game I added every part available and ended up with uncontrollable rockets. I wasn't much of a tuner so there wasn't much I could do to eliminate any bad characteristics. I'm still not much of a tuner but I have picked up a few fixes that work for me so I have been getting more adventurous. If a guy can get a D up to an R1 and consistently win races then more power to them. Guy is likely a hell of a tuner!

What I have been doing lately is moving one up to the top of the next class and then tuning it for good stability. When I get to the point I really like the way it drives and have won lots of CR with it I will go back and look at other horsepower/torque options to get it into the next class. Using the saved Tune feature I can easily switch back and forth between classes and get cars doing double duty.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 5:33:21 AM(UTC)
Putting race suspension, brakes and tires and then putting wider tires and weight reduction max and you are nearly 2 classes above stock in most cases and you havent even touched engine mods. I like going up about 3 classes a- r3 b-s etc i think you get the best performance out of the car in that sense. but some of the crazy conversions you can do in this game like corvette c6 engines in the old school vettes are fun to drive but very hard to build a stable tune with for racing or LB scores. i Look at those cars as fun cars to muck around with and try make fun replays. Coz they sound so awesome. so they arent out of place in the game if you can make a stable tune with them thats great send em my way !

Notification

Icon
Error