#1 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 4:31:58 AM(UTC)
What is the majority opinion on which vehicle classes need -or- don't need front & rear spoilers (adjustable)? FM5 vehicles seem to benefit from spoilers at all classes & there isn't as much of a speed penalty for the use of spoilers on FM5 like there is on FM4.

At what vehicle class do you folks start using adjustable spoilers?

Thanks in advance for any help!
HAPPINESS IS A WARM MACHINE GUN
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 10:05:57 AM(UTC)
Forza aero is used in every class. However, the settings are set to minimum on anything below B class. Most Nurburgring cars in A class and below don't use aero though, and any Le Mans car shouldn't have it unless it already does from being a race spec car.
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 10:38:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Bulin Wall5 Go to Quoted Post
Forza aero is used in every class. However, the settings are set to minimum on anything below B class. Most Nurburgring cars in A class and below don't use aero though, and any Le Mans car shouldn't have it unless it already does from being a race spec car.

Thanks Bulin! That's what I needed to know!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 3:54:36 PM(UTC)
I have found aero doesn't hurt much. My Cayman R makes a measly ~460 HP and still hits 170-180 MPH on most tracks. It's a definite net plus
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:11:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cool The Kid Go to Quoted Post
I have found aero doesn't hurt much. My Cayman R makes a measly ~460 HP and still hits 170-180 MPH on most tracks. It's a definite net plus

Thanks for the info brother. I was concerned with the speed statistics & was basically psych'ing myself out. In FM5 I put spoilers on every car of every class. The difference between FM4 & FM5 is the number of different classes:

FM4 has F, E, D, C, B, A, S, R3, etc...

FM5 only has D, C, B, A, S, R, P, X

Definitely many more "classes: in FM4 compared to FM5 & was unsure if the spoilers done more harm than good on the lower FM4 classes... Mainly classes F, E, & D.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:12:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling fix...

#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:26:28 PM(UTC)
I generally don't use the adjustable aero packages on anything below A-Class, in Forza 4 or earlier.

Really, though, I find that it depends on the car in question. If I find a vehicle needs better control in the corners, even with tires and all already installed, I'll definitely make use of the adjustable aero, turn up a little downforce. If the car is well sorted in the corners with just suspension, tires, etc, then I'll leave the aero packages off. Alternatively, if it's a car that is on the edge of moving to a class I don't yet want it in, but there isn't much I can do to it to improve performance, but I can do the aero package, I might go ahead and do that. I think a few of the higher-end cars that have more power than grip, you may not be able to put better tires or suspension on without moving up a class, but may be able to do an aero package, which will help keep the thing under control in-class...

What Bulin says is good and makes sense, however. A little more downforce is almost always a good thing, and another thing you can actively adjust is, too.
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:05:49 PM(UTC)
Just keep in mind that my advice isn't from my preference, but that's how it's done on leaderboard cars.

Notification

Icon
Error