4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:33:55 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, see above and FAQ thread - MM]

I'm thinking about a tripple screen setup and I'm looking for assistance.

1.) Is it possible in forza 5 and or 6 ?

2.) Are 3 copies/licenses of each game required ?

3.) How are the xbox' connected - via network ? if so must it be physical connection ? if not how ?

4.) When the game boots on 3 different consoles obviously you cannot be logged in using the same profile, so if you log into console 1 with your user profile do consoles 2 and 3 simply not log in with profiles ?

5.) What are the better options for steering wheel setups - obviously want to take advantage of a good manual setup ?

food for thought....

If I purchase digital version of forza on home console and then log into second console this means I can run 2 copies of the game at the same time. So this may suggest I only need to purchase 2 copies of the game.

Anyone here actually done this before....

Edited by user Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:31:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 7:25:31 AM(UTC)
Simple answer is No! Forza 5 & 6 do not support multiscreen and apparently never will. Unsure why they bring a triple screen rig to shows.
#78 Posted : Wednesday, September 9, 2015 10:23:37 AM(UTC)
Having a triple monitor setup at shows and exhibitions, makes the game more appealing. Its also a major let down that the system can't play triple screens, or use system link and do it.
Time to hit the road.

Take care!
 2 users liked this post.
#79 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 8:14:22 AM(UTC)
I miss triple screen racing like in forza 4 so mutch its not even funny :(
#80 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 12:40:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
I miss triple screen racing like in forza 4 so mutch its not even funny :(

I did too, so I picked up three second hand PS3s and three copies of GT5 and a Logitech G27 wheel. Then moved to GT6. The multiscreen in GT is great, and in many ways superior to FM4. For example, replays are spread across three screens instead of being repeated on each screen
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 5:29:26 PM(UTC)
All,

I've been doing a ton of research trying to get the definitive answer as to whether or not you can, as a consumer, create a three screen Forza 6 setup. I've seen many of the demos from E3 and other shows where they have it running on 3 screen systems but it seems most of those have been dev kit or PC based, not using conventional Xbox One hardware. I know a few friends that had this setup with 3 Xbox360s in Forza 4 and I've read that a few games on the Xbox One support 3 screens but have not seen any evidence of the setup.

I realize that to many the expense of 3 Xbox Ones and 3 copies of the game is pretty extreme but I already have a very high end home built 3 screen simulator that's PC based. I play a ton of Project Cars and iRacing and while those are great like everyone I'm always on the look out for new/better. My PC is extremely high end with the showpiece being a Titan Z 12GB video card that was about $1500 on it's own. I have just under $10k in my setup so buying 2 more Xbox Ones isn't really a show stopper for me.

So I'm not really looking for speculation "my brother's sister's girlfriend's mom's hairdresser's second cousin's friend down the street" sorta stuff - looking for anyone that has a definitive answer yes or no. From what I've read I'm pretty sure the answer is NO but I suppose I'm holding out hope as I think a 3 screen Forza 6 setup would be pretty sweet. However if you wanna discuss 3 screen setups or the fact that I'm utterly insane go right ahead. Oh, and to those that would say "why not just buy a real car" don't worry, I already have one. I've been competing in Time Trials, etc. in my extremely modified Lotus Exige racecar. Yes, parts of life have been good to me.

I'll leave you with a little video tour of my current simulator, again feel free to tell me how insane I am ;-)

-Ross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlRHZTCTf4o
#82 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2015 6:23:55 PM(UTC)
No need to look any further than the FAQ thread stickied at the top of the forum:
http://forums.forzamotor...res-FAQ.aspx#post_316971
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 1:21:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jinliv Go to Quoted Post
All,

I've been doing a ton of research trying to get the definitive answer as to whether or not you can, as a consumer, create a three screen Forza 6 setup. I've seen many of the demos from E3 and other shows where they have it running on 3 screen systems but it seems most of those have been dev kit or PC based, not using conventional Xbox One hardware. I know a few friends that had this setup with 3 Xbox360s in Forza 4 and I've read that a few games on the Xbox One support 3 screens but have not seen any evidence of the setup.

I realize that to many the expense of 3 Xbox Ones and 3 copies of the game is pretty extreme but I already have a very high end home built 3 screen simulator that's PC based. I play a ton of Project Cars and iRacing and while those are great like everyone I'm always on the look out for new/better. My PC is extremely high end with the showpiece being a Titan Z 12GB video card that was about $1500 on it's own. I have just under $10k in my setup so buying 2 more Xbox Ones isn't really a show stopper for me.

So I'm not really looking for speculation "my brother's sister's girlfriend's mom's hairdresser's second cousin's friend down the street" sorta stuff - looking for anyone that has a definitive answer yes or no. From what I've read I'm pretty sure the answer is NO but I suppose I'm holding out hope as I think a 3 screen Forza 6 setup would be pretty sweet. However if you wanna discuss 3 screen setups or the fact that I'm utterly insane go right ahead. Oh, and to those that would say "why not just buy a real car" don't worry, I already have one. I've been competing in Time Trials, etc. in my extremely modified Lotus Exige racecar. Yes, parts of life have been good to me.

I'll leave you with a little video tour of my current simulator, again feel free to tell me how insane I am ;-)

-Ross

Here i s what Das has to say about tripple sceen:
https://youtu.be/Ym4ZOhciJRc?t=86

1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:16:21 AM(UTC)
Maybe they forgot to click the button labeled "Add triple monitor support"
#85 Posted : Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I've never played forza or any game on triple screen but recently I have been considering getting a triple screen. If Forza 6 supports it then it may sway me than way.

Save yourself some money from wasting it on three xbox ones... enter into the world of PC racing......! Get a nice gaming computer, a good wheel and pedals... the TX Thrustmaster, so it will work on XBone and PC.... get triples and a steam account. Buy the following games on Steam and experience racing like you've never realized.

1) RaceRoom Raceing Experience (R3E)
2) Assetto Corsa
3) Game Stock Car
4) Dirt Rally
5) Project CARS ... PC version if you liked the XB version... PC better IMHO.
6) GTR2 - Older Game very cheap - Excellant game older but modded to the hilt... everycar and every track possible.
7) rfactor Older game very cheap
8) Race 07 with GTR Evo and all add-on packs very cheap as well....

These are fantastic racing games... and offer the best SIM Racing can offer. I still play and like FM... but these are my favourites.

#86 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:04:52 AM(UTC)
Hi Guy,s
I know from past videos and such on media channels was possible to run triple screens on forza 4 with 3 consoles , 3 copies of the game ect ,
Currently running gaming PC with triple screens and have 2 xbox ones as of current and a supported fanatec clubsport wheel ,
I see on media channels guy,s running triple screens at shows , under each tv theres a xbox one console ,
Looked on the back on even forza 4 for 360 and theres no information regarding this function , or neither forza 5 or 6 ,
there seems to be a lot of speculation regarding this , I read on the cod forums people are running triple screens on xbox one with live coop functionality ,
I phoned microsoft support there saying the exact same thing , you need 3 consoles , 3 copies of the game and a lan connection with 3 spare ports to enable these functions they call it live co,op ,

But can anyone actually say for a fact if this is possible or not , because you see it at shows does not mean its only available to run like that when less than 0.1% of people actually have 3 consoles ?
#87 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:22:05 AM(UTC)
not that i am aware of, that required systems link which is not in fm5 or 6.
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:23:18 AM(UTC)
#89 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:50:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
No, it cant be done.

yeah thought has much , but just drove it with my clubsport base with the xbox one universal hub , and its shocking , zero response or feedback , have no clue what games there playing at here , with no wheel support :(

#90 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:29:51 PM(UTC)
In answer to your original question Helios posted this a while ago in a thread about multi monitor support;

Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
As has been stated by T10 reps at E3 the multi-screen build of Forza 6 we have at the event is a custom build, built especially for the event. I would suggest though that if you're really keen to see this feature return then it would be best to make your voice known here, as it is essentially a platform feature that needs to be added.

https://xbox.uservoice.c.../category/82071-xbox-one

just say its running on a pc and be done with it. we all know that apu couldnt power triples if it wanted to.

But it's not... The triple screen setup works on three Xbox Ones. As someone who's helped set this rig up on past occasions I know what I'm talking about :)

Then why not retail kits?

Because it's a custom build of the game that doesn't run on retail kits.

#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:38:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RMKip455 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I've never played forza or any game on triple screen but recently I have been considering getting a triple screen. If Forza 6 supports it then it may sway me than way.

Save yourself some money from wasting it on three xbox ones... enter into the world of PC racing......! Get a nice gaming computer, a good wheel and pedals... the TX Thrustmaster, so it will work on XBone and PC.... get triples and a steam account. Buy the following games on Steam and experience racing like you've never realized.

1) RaceRoom Raceing Experience (R3E)
2) Assetto Corsa
3) Game Stock Car
4) Dirt Rally
5) Project CARS ... PC version if you liked the XB version... PC better IMHO.
6) GTR2 - Older Game very cheap - Excellant game older but modded to the hilt... everycar and every track possible.
7) rfactor Older game very cheap
8) Race 07 with GTR Evo and all add-on packs very cheap as well....

These are fantastic racing games... and offer the best SIM Racing can offer. I still play and like FM... but these are my favourites.

+1 for this. Exactly what I did, and I also went for the Thrustmaster TX so I could use it on both PC and Xbox One. As I already have a very high end 3 monitor setup (over $8k invested) spending $700 on a couple more Xbox Ones isn't that big a deal at all. I've seen several similar videos where reps make stupid comments about how expensive it would and that customers don't want to spend that. [Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the tos]

What's most frustrating is clearly they've written the code for it and all they need to do is turn it on!

Here's a quick video walk through of my current setup

Edited by user Tuesday, October 13, 2015 11:50:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:41:55 AM(UTC)
Are there still no news about multiscreen support?

The new generation (including PS4) is a huge step back for me. Since Forza 2 – already 8 years ago!!! – I was running a triple setup with 3 projectors give me a total view of 7,5 m which is still very impressiv. After 8 years of playing multiscreen it is impossible to go back. What makes me angry is, that they show Forza with multiscreen on severel exhibitions and don’t give it to us.

For me, racing died with the new consoles. I will switch to pc where I can play it and have the possibility to run other games with 4k@60fps (single screen of course, I don’t have 3 4k beamers...) which is absolutly fantastic.
 2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:21:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rolfu Go to Quoted Post
Are there still no news about multiscreen support?

The new generation (including PS4) is a huge step back for me. Since Forza 2 – already 8 years ago!!! – I was running a triple setup with 3 projectors give me a total view of 7,5 m which is still very impressiv. After 8 years of playing multiscreen it is impossible to go back. What makes me angry is, that they show Forza with multiscreen on severel exhibitions and don’t give it to us.

For me, racing died with the new consoles. I will switch to pc where I can play it and have the possibility to run other games with 4k@60fps (single screen of course, I don’t have 3 4k beamers...) which is absolutly fantastic.

I totally agree that once you've tried multi-screen, it's almost impossible to go back. There's a reason that in the real world, we don't paste black paper over the passenger window, over much of the passenger side of the windscreen and half the driver's side window. It's because it's crazy.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Anyway, enough ranting, buying FM6 and a wheel for it was a big mistake, so let's move on and look to the future.

My guess, based on past behavior, is that the next Gran Turismo game "GT Sport" may support multiple screens. They certainly plan to achieve the desired result with a VR device. Either way, I'd be as happy as a clam. If they support both, then it comes down to "how good is the VR implementation", and "how much does it all cost". It is said that GT Sport will be in beta on PS4 during the first half of 2016, with general release later in the year, so we don't have long to wait to get an indication of how this will pan out.

Another guess is that Gran Turismo 7 will arrive maybe 2017/18 time frame, by which stage I might be looking for a GT Sport replacement.

I suggest to my friends that they do not buy Xbox One for racing, that they stick to Xbox 360 and PS3, and wait until the GT/PS4/VR story unfolds.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to GT6 to do my serious driving, and I'll do some "arcade" driving on FM6 because I like the look of some tracks which they have and GT doesn't. For example, I have actually driven an open wheeler on Lime Rock Park in a Skip Barber class, so it's fun to revisit that little track. And I've spectated at Watkins Glen as well. So, in a limited, non-serious way, it's fun, but not compellingly addictive like the predecessors.

Edited by user Sunday, January 24, 2016 6:39:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#94 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 7:19:59 AM(UTC)
Maybe there is hope! Rumor, Forza 6 is comming to pc

http://m.windowscentral....c&utm_medium=twitter

So istead of selling 3 xbox one and three copy of the game, microsoft is getting me to sell my xbox one and upgrade my pc to run triple screen forza 6.
#95 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:31:02 AM(UTC)
is it possible? I had forza 5 with 3 three screens( 3 xbox's 3 copies of the game). Or did you guys finally just use a computer with a three screen display to send the Xbox one image through?
Personally I would rather use my computer with a 3 screen setup to handle the load then the Xbox 1 or having 3 of them and 3 copies of the game again.

1 user liked this post.
#96 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:05:26 AM(UTC)
No you didnt, you may have had forza 4 with 3 screens but defo not 5.

And no it is not reasonably possible, can be done as a workaround tho. Requires a good capture card and to port forward the video simultaneously on 3 seperate screens and there will be input lag. Also i dont think you can reder it properly as 3 screens just 1 normal image spread across three screens.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#97 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:48:14 AM(UTC)
Yep. It's possible with VRX Advanced Simulators
#98 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:53:09 AM(UTC)
Thread merged. Also answered in the FAQ pinned at the top of the forum.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error