3 Pages123Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
i hate drivatars and wish they'd go away.

it turned F5 into a wreck heavy frustration, and every race being 2-3 laps only makes it worse. I've wondered all along how my evasive driving around these stupid things makes my drivatar look to others. I have friends that played this only on the free weekend, yet I see their drivatars everywhere in career.
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 9:52:12 AM(UTC)
I enjoy them to an extent. Like everyone else has said, they would be far better if there were more laps in career mode races. I still don't get why one is always way faster than the rest, but that one still gives me competition so I can't complain. Maybe delay the data collection 20 laps or so, so that you then have more experience and are not scrambling for credits to move to the car you really want. Or start collecting after a certain % of career completion or at a certain driver level.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 2:36:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fozzie Bear Go to Quoted Post
i hate drivatars and wish they'd go away..

Wholeheartedly agree. I've loved the Forza series since day one, but FM5 has been spoiled by them. I would prefer the AI from FM4, or maybe an option to choose between that and drivatars. Longer races would help a little. Project Cars looks like a viable alternative for now, but I pray for some improvement in 6.

Edited by user Friday, May 8, 2015 2:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2015 11:13:29 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Now I know a lot of players will not like this idea but I think I have come up with a pretty nice one.

The AI have difficulties, the highest being unbeatable. right? But what if your too good for unbeatable or the AI difficulty your in now is too easy but the next level up is too hard. I think there should be an AI difficulty called something like AI MATCH. So heres my idea. The game takes into account the lap times you do on a circuit and upgrades the AI to your standard of driving. Lets say on Laguna Seca one day you do 3 laps. The first is a 1:31.916 the second is a 1:32.198 and the third was a blistering 1:28.697 the game would upgrade the AI difficulty so that for the next time your in Laguna Seca the average laptime would be a 1:31.187, a little bellow your standars so that you can win. The game constantly refreshes the data the next time you race on the track. So if eventually when you get better the AI get better too to ensure close racing. It's just a little idea that I had. What do you guys think about it?

Edited by user Friday, May 22, 2015 12:38:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 3:05:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

Now I know a lot of players will not like this idea but I think I have come up with a pretty nice one.

The AI have difficulties, the highest being unbeatable. right? But what if your too good for unbeatable or the AI difficulty your in now is too easy but the next level up is too hard. I think there should be an AI difficulty called something like AI MATCH. So heres my idea. The game takes into account the lap times you do on a circuit and upgrades the AI to your standard of driving. Lets say on Laguna Seca one day you do 3 laps. The first is a 1:31.916 the second is a 1:32.198 and the third was a blistering 1:28.697 the game would upgrade the AI difficulty so that for the next time your in Laguna Seca the average laptime would be a 1:31.187, a little bellow your standars so that you can win. The game constantly refreshes the data the next time you race on the track. So if eventually when you get better the AI get better too to ensure close racing. It's just a little idea that I had. What do you guys think about it?

I think there are too many variables for that to work.

Example: what if you run those 3 laps in a Ferrari F50 but the next time you run there you are in an Ariel Atom or a maxed out mini in S class?

I would prefer AI sliders and race length sliders like in Project Cars. That way I can set race length the same as FM5 and difficulty just above unbeatable.

Others can set the longer races they crave for and adjust the difficulty to suit and if a mini against an F50 becomes a problem it is still fully adjustable by the end user not the game making guesstimates.
I blame the ants.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:23:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Example: what if you run those 3 laps in a Ferrari F50 but the next time you run there you are in an Ariel Atom or a maxed out mini in S class?

I would prefer AI sliders and race length sliders like in Project Cars. That way I can set race length the same as FM5 and difficulty just above unbeatable.

Others can set the longer races they crave for and adjust the difficulty to suit and if a mini against an F50 becomes a problem it is still fully adjustable by the end user not the game making guesstimates.

Difficulty and Event sliders on a per race basis is an idea I like.

It makes it easier as well to change the difficulty or length for various cars because sometimes there are cars you are not as good in as others.
#57 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 2:07:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Hmm I get Your point. Maybe there is an option to have the AI driving the same type of cars that you choose. For example if I was driving a Ferrari f458 gt3 than the AI cars would be driving gt cars too and if you want the AI driving a varied car selection than you don't select the option before the race.

2 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2015 10:17:24 AM(UTC)
It sounds like Drivatars have new settings in FM6:
http://www.motorworldhyp...eplay-impressions-video/
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:50:01 AM(UTC)
First of all, does the disc of FM6 contain drivatars from FM5 and FH2? I have to say this because there may be some players who don't want to download stuff from the server due to the waste of time. Next, about the new Drivatar system, does it make the drivatars more like a professional racing driver(a.k.a no random jerking)while retaining certain characteristics of that player(aggressive driving style, being cautious around corners, etc)?(No P.Muller, M.Rossi right?)I just want some clarification because I don't know how the new Drivatar system will work. I may have misinterpreted the statement from T10 about the new Drivatar system. I prefer professional racing over jerking so I hope there won't be any P.Muller etc A.I. in the game.
This hand of mine is BURNING RED! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory! ERUPTING BURNING FINGER!!!
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 3:26:59 AM(UTC)
There are drivatars built into the game with default behaviours. Going online lets the game update them as players race more cars on more tracks, but you can play it totally offline if you wish.
#61 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 2:21:27 AM(UTC)
Guys are there any links anywhere telling us anything about solo mode or does anyone have any information regarding solo mode?

I'm interested to know if we can choose what cars the Drivatars drive and whether we can put them in tuned cars this time round?

Edited by user Monday, August 24, 2015 2:33:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I've always been a VIP, guess I always will be.
#62 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 5:44:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like Drivatars have new settings in FM6:
http://www.motorworldhyp...eplay-impressions-video/

This is a cool post, Thanks Manteo

Professional drivertars I'd love to know more about these guys, I'm a 100% clean racer or at least I try to be and to race against a cleaner drivertar would be very welcome "if" that's what professional is referring too.
#63 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:13:33 AM(UTC)
Since this thread's been bumped I have a question:

Is there any way to check how my Drivatar is doing? I know that I get CR rewards based on how well it does in races but I'm more curious to find out how fast or aggressive my Drivatar may be, so that I can change my driving style accordingly and make it a more worthy opponent for those that face it.

In Forza Horizon 2 I can't find anything other than the CR rewards but I don't know about what's in Forza Motorsport 5 or announced for Forza 6.
#64 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:26:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PJTierney Go to Quoted Post

Is there any way to check how my Drivatar is doing? I know that I get CR rewards based on how well it does in races but I'm more curious to find out how fast or aggressive my Drivatar may be, so that I can change my driving style accordingly and make it a more worthy opponent for those that face it.

In Forza Horizon 2 I can't find anything other than the CR rewards but I don't know about what's in Forza Motorsport 5 or announced for Forza 6.

Go to your F5 home page click on my profile (I think it's called) and pan across to my drivertar stats, there you should find all you need to know.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post

Go to your F5 home page click on my profile (I think it's called) and pan across to my drivertar stats, there you should find all you need to know.

No that's not all you need to know. It doesn't show you what your drivatar has actually done on track. The drivatar stats in FM5 are completely useless.
#66 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 7:32:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wo1f 08 Go to Quoted Post

No that's not all you need to know. It doesn't show you what your drivatar has actually done on track. The drivatar stats in FM5 are completely useless.

Was just trying to help the guy, thought that the best direction to point him.
#67 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:41:38 AM(UTC)
In my opinion, the Drivatar's on the FM6 Demo are much better at racing in Indycars at Indianapolis compared to FM5, as they don't brake at every corner, HOWEVER, they are highly unrealistic as none of them crashed during the whole 7 laps of the demo, even when I played through two more times! OK, I'm being unfair. Nice work on the Drivatar changes for Indy Races, now I can have a challenge when Racing at Indianapolis or Daytona. I'm sure bringing back Nascars will extend this oval racing enjoyment further! ;) Overall, LOVING THE DEMO!!!! I CAN"T WAIT ANY MORE!!!! IT'S SO EXCITING!!!! CAPS LOCK IS ON!!!!!
#68 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:58:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StressedPoet654 Go to Quoted Post
In my opinion, the Drivatar's on the FM6 Demo are much better at racing in Indycars at Indianapolis compared to FM5, as they don't brake at every corner, HOWEVER, they are highly unrealistic as none of them crashed during the whole 7 laps of the demo, even when I played through two more times! OK, I'm being unfair. Nice work on the Drivatar changes for Indy Races, now I can have a challenge when Racing at Indianapolis or Daytona. I'm sure bringing back Nascars will extend this oval racing enjoyment further! ;) Overall, LOVING THE DEMO!!!! I CAN"T WAIT ANY MORE!!!! IT'S SO EXCITING!!!! CAPS LOCK IS ON!!!!!

Didn't crash in 7 laps so unrealistic? Not sure if you're being serous or not?

The Drivatars in the demo imho have come on in leaps compared to the Drivatars from forza 5 I personally think T10 have improved them massively.

I hated the Drivatars in Forza 5 with a passion but with either aggression on or off I've had no problems with them thus far.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error