2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 4:01:46 PM(UTC)
For the most part you want to play to each cars P.I. strengths. Adding power to a Miata as mentioned above adds to much P.I. for too little performance gains. There are some cars in each class that have the near perfect balance. And those tend to be the leaderboard cars. High power cars tend to gain more from engine upgrades. Lightweight cars can usually cram every adjustable part into a P.I. class and still have room for most if not all weight reduction upgrades.

Use Aero to reduce P.I., than try reducing the aero settings as close to minimum before you start losing grip. That usually lowers lap times. Pay attention to how much the g-loading changes from one tire to the next. Handling can be tuned. Tires are about grip, which means cornering speed. Many power cars can get away with less cornering speed, saving the P.I. for other upgrades than tires. Some cars grip just as well on Sport Tires, as other cars on racing tires. Or Street tires to Sport Tires.

A lot of the handling cars are much more difficult to wring the speed out of them. Whereas some power cars have an easy time getting about the same lap times. But as was mentioned above, the physics of this game aren't very realistic. So there are lots of things that shouldn't be the way they are.

#27 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 6:00:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RedZedX3 Go to Quoted Post
It really depends on what you want the car to do and on which track. I tend to build based on a car's weaknesses. If it's heavy, lighten it. If it's underpowered, beef up the engine. If it's riding on garbage tires, mount some stickier rubber. In reality, the best thing to do for a circuit car is reduce weight and take advantage of upgrades that will get the most out of the engine like a race transmission with adjustable gearing. The game seems to work a bit differently sometimes.

If you're looking to post leaderboard times, download the top couple of people's tunes and see what they did for a build. You'll at least have a starting point and can then tune to your driving style.

My favorite S700 tune I have right now is a Porsche GT2 with race weight reduction, stock-width slicks, and 475 horsepower. It is very quick, but doesn't do well on high-speed tracks like Nurburgring due to the aero.

Hope this helps and certainly let us know what you come up with.

How can I see other ppl's build once I DL the tune. it will not let me open it? what to look forin the Tele windows
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 10:07:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SlyMeerkat20301 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RedZedX3 Go to Quoted Post
It really depends on what you want the car to do and on which track. I tend to build based on a car's weaknesses. If it's heavy, lighten it. If it's underpowered, beef up the engine. If it's riding on garbage tires, mount some stickier rubber. In reality, the best thing to do for a circuit car is reduce weight and take advantage of upgrades that will get the most out of the engine like a race transmission with adjustable gearing. The game seems to work a bit differently sometimes.

If you're looking to post leaderboard times, download the top couple of people's tunes and see what they did for a build. You'll at least have a starting point and can then tune to your driving style.

My favorite S700 tune I have right now is a Porsche GT2 with race weight reduction, stock-width slicks, and 475 horsepower. It is very quick, but doesn't do well on high-speed tracks like Nurburgring due to the aero.

Hope this helps and certainly let us know what you come up with.

How can I see other ppl's build once I DL the tune. it will not let me open it? what to look forin the Tele windows

Once you dl the tune remove it from A brand new car and then go into the upgrade shop any parts the purchased will show with a check mark the only thing I noticed was that the game won't let you copy the build exactly so find a wheel that's the same weight and then copy the build with the different wheel then tune to your style
onelapmagic BIGTIME MUSCLE tuner straights are for fast speeds corners are for fast times race hard race clean have fun
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 5:29:03 AM(UTC)
I was talking about the actual tune not parts list, thats more important
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error