10 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:46:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post

Confirmed in the stream that Night and Rain CANNOT be combined....That's really disappointing tbh, considering Horizon 2 did it.

In 30 fps.

True, but it also was open world with dynamic time and weather systems. All of which are very demanding.

Again, which is why the game ran at 30 fewer frames per second. That's the compromise Turn 10 is not willing to make with Forza Motorsport.

In short: Horizon is not a benchmark for the Motorsport brand. Gamers should stop treating it as such.

People may be disappointed but I consider getting rain and night at 60fps a blessing anyway!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:50:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:48:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

People may be disappointed but I consider getting reason and night at 60fps a blessing anyway!

Some people will always be disappointed.

#128 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:51:06 PM(UTC)
People may be disappointed but I consider getting rain and night at 60fps a blessing anyway!

I agree, it's a treat. The forum theme at the moment: beggars are being choosers.
#129 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:56:16 PM(UTC)

I agree, it's a treat. The forum theme at the moment: beggars are being choosers.

We're pretty lucky really, considering the xbox ones specs, they did a good job, also in my opinion 1080p 60fps with static weather is better than 900p 60fps (If your very lucky) for dynamic weather.
 1 user liked this post.
#130 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:01:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wotans Erben Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SiDicoaTeLoL Go to Quoted Post
I don't care for dynamic weather...BUT i heard that night and weather conditions will be available only for certain tracks : this fact disappoints me.

I am maybe too positive but since night-racing seems to be nothing else than "darker textures and rendering distance", there might be a possibility we get night-racing later on more/other tracks.

Infact, night conditions aren't that easy. From a performance point it's more challenging if you want to do it right. If you want to do it wrong like Project Cars than it might be easy. Regardless what time you drive at PCars, you always have some very bright sky. Why? To give an alibi to save as much dynamic lights as possible and to fake many textures with a basic lighting. It just looks completely wrong. From what I see Forza 6 provides more dynamic lights and authentic lighting. It simply looks more real.

That is so wrong its not funny. Dark is dark man. Don't know what you've been seeing because I've run the ring at night in the rain and it's been darker than hell.

#131 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:03:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post

Confirmed in the stream that Night and Rain CANNOT be combined....That's really disappointing tbh, considering Horizon 2 did it.

In 30 fps.

True, but it also was open world with dynamic time and weather systems. All of which are very demanding.

Again, which is why the game ran at 30 fewer frames per second. That's the compromise Turn 10 is not willing to make with Forza Motorsport.

In short: Horizon is not a benchmark for the Motorsport brand. Gamers should stop treating it as such.

I would prefer it ran at 30 FPS and had dynamic weather and night and rain together. I think Forza Horizon 2 looked spectacular at 30 FPS. I would also prefer weather on all tracks rather than Forza Vista which I use maybe three or four times soon after launch and then never use again.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:31:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:04:27 PM(UTC)
While I would've liked a lot better if they offered at least the possibility to mix rain and night... It will be hard enough as it is. Can't wait for the endless threads of people complaining about how hard it is to drive an 800kg open-wheeler in the rain.

Forza 6 may not have all we hoped for, but, at least they're going in the right direction. There's always Forza 7 to take another leap forward. I don't mind waiting, at this point I got a long-term commitment to the series (especially now that T10 has shown they understand the need to allow us to import the content we created in past iterations of the series).
FH4 Paints | Gallery
 2 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:08:55 PM(UTC)
Motorsport is all about trying to set the best time on a track, when you add dynamic weather you have to ask yourself if the person with a slightly better time actually ran a better lap or if they were just lucky with the weather. Motorsport needs an even playing field.

I was never a fan of adding weather but at least this way everyone is facing the same conditions all of the time.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:13:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#134 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:12:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post
[quote=JKfromNH;313443]
.snip.

One is a racing "game". One is a borderline hardcore "sim". I wanted F6 to be both. There is much bigger following for F6, and those full lobbies night after night will be awesome.
Upgrading cars is a joke because in real world racing series' there isn't much you can upgrade on the cars.
Photo-mode? Really..if that's important to you..
Replay flexibility-PCars has a full save race replay feature
Trading setups-not yet and that's where Forza shines.
Exploring car details-I use YouTube or MotorTrend etc.

What I'm ore concerned about to be in F6 is things like this-
Qualifying sessions. (So you start where you deserve bit it first or last)
Warmup sessions
Detailed lap timers with section timing
Ahead/behind indicators-I mean Forza 4 had it and I pray 6 does.
Pit stops

They've had 2 years to make 6. I know they have to hold things back for future releases.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:15:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:14:20 PM(UTC)
#136 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:15:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WindsweptDragon Go to Quoted Post
Motorsport is all about trying to set the best time on a track, when you add dynamic weather you have to ask yourself if the person with a slightly better time actually ran a better lap or if they were just lucky with the weather. Motorsport needs an even playing field.

Perhaps because the conditions aren't dynamic and, therefore, you'll have to opt for the appropriate track layout to get the conditions you want, there will be a leaderboard for Brands Hatch (wet) and Brands Hatch (dry), as an example. That's where my bet is at the moment.
#137 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:18:24 PM(UTC)
#138 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:39:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Dragnet;313621][quote=TGPomy9795;313619]

In 30 fps.

I would prefer it ran at 30 FPS and had dynamic weather and night and rain together. I think Forza Horizon 2 looked spectacular at 30 FPS. I would also prefer weather on all tracks rather than Forza Vista which I use maybe three or four times soon after launch and then never use again.

I'm not asking for dynamic weather or time of day, because to be honest, I didn't expect it and I don't need it (especially given Forza's short races). Just because I want it to rain at night doesn't make me a beggar. It is a feature that would be great to have in the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:45:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JKfromNH Go to Quoted Post

That is so wrong its not funny. Dark is dark man. Don't know what you've been seeing because I've run the ring at night in the rain and it's been darker than hell.

If you think that dark is dark, then simply fire up forza and turn your TV off. I don't think you'll get it much darker than that. Unfortunately, modeling night visuals is more involved than just upping the black levels.
 1 user liked this post.
#140 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:03:44 PM(UTC)
Darn it. Was hoping the Xbox Daily crew would eke out some tidbit of new information for us, but appears Dan is now in full broken record mode.
#141 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:05:02 PM(UTC)
Found some new vids. 60fps buttery smooth can't stop drooling enjoys guys and gals

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_16711_en.html#forum
 1 user liked this post.
#142 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:14:34 PM(UTC)
Turn 10 is handing out Forza brand pins for playing the demo at E3: https://twitter.com/Forz...tatus/610913346657751040

Here's the replay of the Twitch livestream from E3 that ExpertZone's Xbox channel held with Mechberg answering questions while the demo played. The FM6 section starts at minute 54 and lasts an hour. The demo features four car and track combos showing off rain, night, Rio, Brands Hatch, and the new Ford GT. His Q&A confirms some things that are and aren't in FM6, such as rain during night.
http://www.twitch.tv/expertzone_xbox/b/669656057

Here's the Xbox Live Daily Show (Day Two - June 16) held today. Dan Greenawalt appears at 5:45 and talks for five minutes.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/xbox-daily/day-two
#143 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:37:44 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the tireless flow of update, Max. I've heckled Turn 10 on Twitter about making the pins somehow available as giveaways, but it's almost certain those will be reserved for the privileged crowd of convention attendees. A bummer, really.
#144 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:20:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JKfromNH Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Wotans Erben;313511]

You are talking about Nürburgring? Well, the Sky isn't completely dark. But that's not the point, because in real life this depends on different things like if it's cloudy etc. If you drive at night in PCars the dynamic lights are just horrible bad, because there are not many of them. It always looks like there is a light above the car that lights up the street with it's guardrail. And very often the right and left guardrails are lighted up, even if you take curves with different angles. In Forza 6 the lights of the cars are just more authentic, because you see that the light on other cars, guardrails etc. comes directly from the car itself.
#145 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:51:41 PM(UTC)
Forza 10 Year Anniversary branded Elite controller spotted at E3
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/16/8793885/forza-6-xbox-one-elite-controller-e3-2015

Major Nelson's tweet indicates that the d-pad is customizable. https://twitter.com/majo...tatus/611036439107624960

Edited by user Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:54:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#146 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:41:18 AM(UTC)
New hands-on preview by Game Informer, with some details about "mods", something we'll give out more information about in the coming weeks/months.

http://www.gameinformer....e-rain-with-forza-6.aspx
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#147 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:47:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Forza 10 Year Anniversary branded Elite controller spotted at E3
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/16/8793885/forza-6-xbox-one-elite-controller-e3-2015

Major Nelson's tweet indicates that the d-pad is customizable. https://twitter.com/majo...tatus/611036439107624960

SEXY!!! Anyhow, if it possible that T10 and Microsoft might come with a statement soon about the availability of the (customized) Elite controller due for the release with/before FM6 ?
#148 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:04:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
New hands-on preview by Game Informer, with some details about "mods", something we'll give out more information about in the coming weeks/months.

http://www.gameinformer....e-rain-with-forza-6.aspx

Very interesting.

✔ Verified Moderator

#149 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:15:01 AM(UTC)
there is only one complaint I have, I don't have enough free time to enjoy all the great games coming out this year.

starting next week with batman, then going into September with forza 6 (which blew me away at e3), then rock band 4 in October, and ending with rise of the tomb raider and fallout 4 in November.

im bouncing around several different forums just trying to gather as much info as I can. lol

as far as this game goes, love everything I've seen so far, just hoping the weather wont mess me up too much. if its simmed right early breaking and strict acceleration control should take most of the guesswork out of driving.
#150 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:30:44 AM(UTC)
How often will the majority of players run races long enough to warrant developing dynamic weather, sacrificing dev time, FPS, etc.

I think they made the right choice. I think a lot of players would quit the race at lap 4-5 if they are beyond 10-12th place...

Or do you think that a 3 lap race should start at day, start raining on lap 2, then go night at lap 3 whilst raining?
10 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error