10 Pages<<8910Prev
#226 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:01:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AlexMontavo1984 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks ManteoMax,

we can confirm two new cars, I think:

- 2014 VW Golf R
- Mercedes V8 Racing Car

And 2014 Volvo S60 V8Supercars
#227 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:13:24 AM(UTC)
The Aussie V8 fans will be happy.

#9 Erebus Racing Mercedes V8 (seen on Professional Racing Volume 4)
#33 GRM Volvo Polestar V8 (seen on Endurance Racing)

Hard to tell if the Holden running behind the Erebus Merc is the VF or VE... If all cars from FM5 come over that is 3 of the current spec V8 Supercars.
Ford and Nissan are all that is needed for the complete set.
#228 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:50:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: surferofthemind Go to Quoted Post
The Aussie V8 fans will be happy.

#9 Erebus Racing Mercedes V8 (seen on Professional Racing Volume 4)
#33 GRM Volvo Polestar V8 (seen on Endurance Racing)

Hard to tell if the Holden running behind the Erebus Merc is the VF or VE... If all cars from FM5 come over that is 3 of the current spec V8 Supercars.
Ford and Nissan are all that is needed for the complete set.

It's actually a 2010 Triple Eight Vodafone VE Commodore, which is odd since that car hasn't been in any previous Forza's, assuming they're all placeholder images though.
#229 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 3:36:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeliosT10 Go to Quoted Post
FYI as i know its been asked here previously. I can confirm that car ahead/behind distance indicators will be making a return in Forza Motorsport 6.

Great news, thanks.
Any info about ranks in MP like FM3? I want closed races.
#230 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 3:44:35 AM(UTC)
Two more offscreen 60fps videos from gamersyde.

http://www.gamersyde.com...a_6_videos-16765_en.html

I've been told the wet racing one at least has all driving aids disabled.

Love how the MX5 is hardcore in the wet video with the roof still down!! haha!

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#231 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 5:40:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TGPomy9795 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Ian, I have a few questions that I'd really appreciate an answer on, as nobody really knows the facts at this point. (if you are allowed to answer, of course :D )

1. A few of the clips in the FM6 trailer and some screenshots appear to show new camera angles, particularly in cockpit view. Is this just for cinematics or can we actually adjust the cockpit camera for gameplay?

2. Many people are very confused about the night racing. We know for a fact that rain is not dynamic. However, a GamesRadar article (Here) stated that the time of day is dynamic. ("Dynamically. You won't just set the game to day or night - you'll be able to see the sun go up or the stars come out, as the race unfolds.") That quote taken from GamesRadar article. Conversely, a Eurogamer article said that time of day was not dynamic. In addition, a GameInformer article stated that the Le Mans Endurance race is in the game, so they were expecting dynamic time. What are the facts here? Is the time of day dynamic or static?

3. Soundtrack - similar to Forza 4 (electronic) or similar to Forza 5 (orchestral)?

Thanks for your time.

The only one of the above I can answer with 100% certainty atm is 2, and I can confirm the Forza 6 does not have dynamic time of day. Forza 6 amongst other things is about the precision and tension of racing at night or in the rain and it was important that we create the exact experience that the Forza community expect of those features. The team here at Turn 10 have gone into painstaking detail to capture the exact surface type and feel of each of those unique experiences. For example at night the tarmac cools reducing grip, so racing at night requires a different set of skills than racing in the day. Players lap times will also be different in these racing conditions.

Will there be wet, day, night leaderboards as result?

Also, I always thought cooler track surfaces would mean higher grip? I've always though hot + sunny = slick racing surface.
#232 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:48:28 AM(UTC)
Cooler temps mean cooler tires, and if available, stickier tires last longer. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I came in here to ask about the leaderboards thing myself, no one has heard anything at E3 yet?

2Old4Forza
#233 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:50:37 AM(UTC)
I thought stickier tires had a shorter life because they created more friction.
#234 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:52:12 AM(UTC)
24 players!!! wow this game just gets better and better

So many good games coming out at end of year!!
#235 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:56:05 AM(UTC)
No idea on leaderboards yet but if I had to guess, I'd guess that there would be one leaderboard with a conditions qualifier of some sort. Maybe a cloud symbol for wet, a sun symbol for dry and a moon symbol for night.

✔ Verified Moderator

#236 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 10:59:19 AM(UTC)
I was thinking more like Camino/Camino reverse/Camino night/Camino reverse night....but I can see how that might get unwieldy.
And NO, I'm not "hoping" for Camino, just the first "reverse" track that came to mind.

2Old4Forza
#237 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 11:31:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OldSchool 2O4F Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking more like Camino/Camino reverse/Camino night/Camino reverse night....but I can see how that might get unwieldy.
And NO, I'm not "hoping" for Camino, just the first "reverse" track that came to mind.

It's a bit daunting but I'd like it. Would add a little flavor in the hotlapping world.
#238 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 1:55:59 PM(UTC)

Heh, Metal Gear Solid V sure looks good!
One of "The 50"
#239 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:01:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xJonxMonx56 Go to Quoted Post

Heh, Metal Gear Solid V sure looks good!

The rain certainly looks trickier than I expected in that video, especially the car hydroplaining on those puddles.
#240 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 3:06:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I thought stickier tires had a shorter life because they created more friction.

Not quite. Higher coefficient of friction equals less sliding equals less wear. However the higher friction is achieved by using a softer less resilient compound. This is where it gets complicated but a softer tire can run longer than a medium or hard tire under certain conditions. Lower track and air temps and some road surfaces for example. If everything was to remain equal a softer tire would yield more outright grip but wear faster. In reality it's way more involved than this. Tire construction, pressure, vehicle weight, geometry etc etc all play a part.

#241 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 4:12:37 PM(UTC)
I know that the wont side as much as the harder compound but I thought that the softer tire usually wears out quicker in endurance races like F1, Le Mans or even on bikes like Moto GP.
#242 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 6:05:59 PM(UTC)
Brian Ekberg sat in on Giant Bomb's Day 3 Live show yesterday:
https://youtu.be/ysKExiHQvd4?t=9378
His couch segment starts at 2:28:00 but he doesn't start talking Forza until 2:36:20
He talks Forza and cars for about 10 minutes, then ends at 2:55:00
Different than the other interviews talking the game specs, Mechberg starts off talking about what it was like to be backstage during the Xbox briefing and also interacting with the press during demo sessions.
Warning: Giant Bomb language now and then

Edited by user Friday, June 19, 2015 6:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#243 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:45:03 AM(UTC)
Off subject but in the e3 trailer the night clip you can hear the the gearbox wine :)
I really hope they finally add realistic upgraded diff an gearbox sounds
#244 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2015 11:04:30 AM(UTC)
Rio De Janeiro track here, apologies if this has been posted already:

https://www.youtube.com/...h?t=45&v=j9vT25P6Wqc

Also a find from a different forum (Also in the "Opinions on the confirmed cars & tracks" thread)

In this pic:

Zoomed in behind the 787B is very likely to be an IMSA Nissan 300ZX

300ZX

FM6 will be the first game outside of PS1 era to have this car; cockpit view shall be great :)

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2015 3:28:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#245 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:48:28 PM(UTC)
Inside Sim Racing posts its belated coverage of FM6 from E3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGisOtPzT58
Ryan Cooper and Bill Geise fielded Q&A at the event. The 8 minute video covers the same highlights we've seen in other E3 reports and shows video of the multiscreen floor demo rig in action.
#246 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:28:55 PM(UTC)
Still nothing official announced about the V8 Supercars (Australian Motorsport)

I understand there's plenty more to be announced up until release date but I just really want to know 100% what going to be in the game.
10 Pages<<8910Prev

Notification

Icon
Error