#1 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 6:21:54 PM(UTC)
I've found that when tuning a car if I drop the pressure in the tires all the way, the car slides a lot less around corners. I also increase pressure a little (to around 17.5-20 PSI) on the front or rear to compensate for over/understeer.

I was wondering if others do this too, or if someone could point out why this is a bad idea. Normally if I find something that works and no one else is doing it, it's because the pros aren't worth the cons. As far as I can tell, every car I've driven has handled better with 15 PSI in at least 2 of the tires. I haven't encountered any drawbacks.
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:25:59 PM(UTC)
I run my fastest laptimes in FH2 with cold pressures of around 30.5PSI. So maybe 31 on front and 30 on rear or something near that.

If I am on tarmac in the dry and in the day I may drop a little from there but not much.

I don't judge by anything other than laptimes but having said that I do not believe tyre pressure of around 30-31 feels bad or makes the car hard to drive in any way.

EDIT: It is dangerous to draw conclusions about single items without nailing the whole tune and having someone run fast laps with that tune.

There may be a strange combo like not enough camber and low pressures are better than not enough camber and high pressures....this is just a hypothetical example.

Edited by user Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:47:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 9:22:50 PM(UTC)
I also use low camber - usually 1.2 front and 0.8 rear. When I use higher numbers (over 2) offroad driving is terrible.
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:03:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tardii Go to Quoted Post
I also use low camber - usually 1.2 front and 0.8 rear. When I use higher numbers (over 2) offroad driving is terrible.

Both my camber and my cold tyre pressures almost always start with a 3. And I spend 80% of my time offroad.

Edited by user Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:04:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.

Notification

Icon
Error