3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:35:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shikeri Kaizer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post
See, different people like different things.

indeed, so final solution: just have everything Xd

Except baby cow liking Camino, he must have been drinking some fermented milk that day.......lol
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:35:08 PM(UTC)
worm when did you go to turn 10? can anyone go? will they let you play it early if you do? i never did get my green disk from che even after the game released and that may have been for fm2.
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:27:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rdo3 Go to Quoted Post
worm when did you go to turn 10? can anyone go? will they let you play it early if you do? i never did get my green disk from che even after the game released and that may have been for fm2.

No, not anyone can go. A few community members got invited before FM5.
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 6:53:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shikeri Kaizer Go to Quoted Post
See, different people like different things.

indeed, so final solution: just have everything Xd

Except baby cow liking Camino, he must have been drinking some fermented milk that day.......lol

Camino full forward isn't bad in an experienced lobby. You really had to plan out your passes. Else, it was terrible to race on and the reverse version was bad about causing massive pile-ups around the 2nd and 3rd corners.

On a separate note, I had some unexpired sour milk two days ago. Twas not a good experience.
#55 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:06:12 AM(UTC)
Some of the funnest and competitive Classic muscle car races happened on Camino.

Any of the fantasy tracks that I started off disliking, all it took was a good car and a good close race to make me fall for it. Put me on any course, all I want is a good race!
#56 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:19:25 AM(UTC)
My favorite tracks were from Japan. I just hope they bring those back.

Maple and sedona were awesome and the oval for sedona was challenging and definitely had its own character. The career races in the higher classes in the oval were amazing too because the ai kept flipping.
#57 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:08:01 AM(UTC)
worm you may be right when it comes to racing, however they were good challanging tracks for hotlapping, they had a bit of everything. high speed corners, off camber, hairpins, long straights, elevation changes, changes in track width and about 8 variations if i remember correctly. Can really test and car there, especially on the extreme layout. Im not lobbying to bring it back, but really there hasnt been a truly bad fantasy track.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 10:55:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
worm you may be right when it comes to racing, however they were good challanging tracks for hotlapping, they had a bit of everything. high speed corners, off camber, hairpins, long straights, elevation changes, changes in track width and about 8 variations if i remember correctly. Can really test and car there, especially on the extreme layout. Im not lobbying to bring it back, but really there hasnt been a truly bad fantasy track.

I'm joking, read my earlier comment about people like different things. Was being sarcastic. I actually didn't mind the extreme layout but hated the normal one.

Swerve I put some in coffee last year and drank a little of it because the coffee pretty much killed it. It later killed me, bad times.
#59 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 11:39:17 AM(UTC)
I agree. To be honest, even if the game was all fantasy tracks and no real world tracks but they had more tracks then they currently have i would be pleased i think.

Different strokes for different folks. To me thats like when cat gp pops up in the hoppers or in career... thats one track i cant stand for some reason.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:45:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheBadJesus Go to Quoted Post
I'm not a programmer and so don't know how hard incorporating a track editor into a game like Forza would be, but if it were possible I think it'd make a great new feature to the series. It'd be especially cool if it had a way of uploading and sharing creations. If you could actually create game quality tracks and share them then IMO (and if the game had a customizable multiplayer system like Forza 4) the game would never get old as there'd always be something new to do.
Think of this reminds me of something I've always wondered, why Turn 10 doesn't make more original tracks. I guess because they want to be associated more with real life and simulating real races, but with all the tracks they've had to scrap between FM4 and FM5 making original tracks would be a way of upping the track count. That's assuming making an original track is an appreciably less amount of work than going out and laser scanning and doing all the rest of what it takes to recreate a real world track, which may or may not be the case. I definitely prefer real life circuits, but more tracks is what I like even more.

Badjesus, you hit on two important aspects of Forza: #1 Creating your own tracks would be awesome, but if you did so, why buy Forza6? You would forever race in F5 or F6 and just keep creating new tracks, instead of the $60 upgrade. That's just business being business.

#2, why just these tracks? Microsoft is a partner of FIA and the tracks are just as much licensing and ad rights as anything else. Ever noticed all the banners on the track. Yes, makes it look more real, but just the same, advertise...advertise...advertise! The users aren't the only one playing for this game.

#61 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:25:36 PM(UTC)
A few years ago I went to a drift event at charlotte motor speedway (North Carolina). The event was held within the interior of the track, put together with tires as a breaking wall and cones to, I guess you could say make the course. As far as a track editor, all they would have to do is open the interior of Indianapolis for editing. Start point, finish point, tires, and cones. Would be great for drifters, as we/they aren't entertaining to the road course drivers. Could also be used to entertain the racers as well by developing your own course and have friends enjoy it online. Would also be great on a track with a long enough straight for drag racers. Cones for a start and finish and have T10 design a tree/light system for you to place that auto starts every minute or however long they think would be necessary to give cars to line up. They have already designed the cones. Would just need a few little things to make it happen.

I'm hoping horizon 3 will be more of a real city based in say LA, New York, Las Vegas, or the best would be Miami. Kinda bring me back to my cruising/street racing days. A certain strip for cruising and racing where everyone goes to look at each others rides and do their racing. But what do I know, I've only lived in the racing world for 13 years. Was too young prior to that.

Oh and I'd rather see more tracks, real or not, more tracks are always better than less tracks...

Edited by user Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:26:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:20:32 PM(UTC)
Maybe a good idea but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

#63 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 1:09:26 PM(UTC)
While I do like certain real tracks, I can't help but admire tracks like Prague, Bernese Alps, Autumn, Fujimi Kayo etc. just a tad more, as they're just dripping with atmosphere. Tracks like Yas are nice to have and sure do have a good layout, but so do most of the fantasy tracks and most of them just look much nicer and transport more 'feeling' or atmosphere if you will. Whenever I do my rounds in the alps, I can almost feel the shivers and the cold but clean air. I love the scenery in Positano and Fujimi Kaido. These are why I love Forza and I hope to see more original tracks in F6.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:43:22 PM(UTC)
I'm new here so I don't know how much Turn10 monitors threads here but given the high demand for so many different tracks, has any thought been put to including some kind of track builder tool? Maybe it could even be a PC based tool that can upload completed tracks via our XBox Live accounts? It would be amazing to see the multitude of community created tracks of existing and fictional venues this sort of tool would allow. There could even be a marketplace where people could have their tracks rated by other users and maybe even sold for XBox points to help give incentive to the truly dedicated designers out there.

What does everyone else think? What kind of tracks would you build first?

Jim
#65 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:05:05 AM(UTC)
Has a track builder ever been on the table as a game feature? Kind of like the forge editor in Halo or like the upcoming editor in Doom 4? It would be awesome to have community designed tracks and if we had a way to get them into rotations.

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error