3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2015 1:05:52 PM(UTC)
I don't mind fantasy tracks, as long as they're realistic. But what I've noticed with T10 fantasy courses is that they're made up of long sweeping banked corners and wide tarmac with lots of gentle elevation change. Good for keeping a high average speed, but not exactly hard to drive on. Reminds me of that sidewinder circuit they had in 3, that was a properly good fantasy course.
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2015 1:17:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: harakudoshi Go to Quoted Post
I don't mind fantasy tracks, as long as they're realistic. But what I've noticed with T10 fantasy courses is that they're made up of long sweeping banked corners and wide tarmac with lots of gentle elevation change. Good for keeping a high average speed, but not exactly hard to drive on. Reminds me of that sidewinder circuit they had in 3, that was a properly good fantasy course.

Maple Valley says Hi.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
User is suspended until 11/28/2042 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:08:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: harakudoshi Go to Quoted Post

Maple Valley says Hi.

Don't forget Sedona. King Cobra was too easy as well.

Just stop. Just sayin.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:13:32 AM(UTC)
In an ideal forza 6, there would be ZERO T10 fantasy tracks. They are shockingly bad. Maple valley in particular. Please real tracks only.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:57:41 AM(UTC)
I'll take Maple Valley over Yas Marina any day. A lot of the fantasy tracks in the previous games have been personal favorites.

As far as a track editor - not in Motorsport. In Horizon, with the open world layout, it seems a natural thing, but I don't see of any technical way (without going to cones on open tarmac) of doing and having it look good. Or maybe it's just one too many bad Forge racetracks that have colored my perception.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:42:59 AM(UTC)
I just want Fujimi back.
More characters than sense.
 3 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:57:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o2R Dsquared 07 Go to Quoted Post
In an ideal forza 6, there would be ZERO T10 fantasy tracks. They are shockingly bad. Maple valley in particular. Please real tracks only.

Hmmm... I think I'd word that more along the lines of:

"In an ideal forza 6, there would be a large assortment of tracks - both Real World and T10 fantasy - of varying styles, thus providing something for everyone's tastes."

For example: Personally, I wouldn't call Le Mans a "good track." Sure, it has epic history, but I'd much rather be running laps at Maple Valley than at Circuit de la Sarthe. Neither am I a fan of Yas Marina, but I have fond memories of Blue Mountain Raceway.

And don't forget... pretty much every "Real World" track began as an idea in somebody's mind, which then went to sketches, then drawings, then detailed blue-prints (or CAD designs, these days). In other words, before being built and *becoming* Real World tracks, they started out as Fantasy Tracks.

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:34:16 PM(UTC)
If having fantasy tracks beefs up the track count then I'm all for it as long as they are quality tracks
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:04:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Don Ente Go to Quoted Post

"In an ideal forza 6, there would be a large assortment of tracks - both Real World and T10 fantasy - of varying styles, thus providing something for everyone's tastes."

For example: Personally, I wouldn't call Le Mans a "good track." Sure, it has epic history, but I'd much rather be running laps at Maple Valley than at Circuit de la Sarthe. Neither am I a fan of Yas Marina, but I have fond memories of Blue Mountain Raceway.

And don't forget... pretty much every "Real World" track began as an idea in somebody's mind, which then went to sketches, then drawings, then detailed blue-prints (or CAD designs, these days). In other words, before being built and *becoming* Real World tracks, they started out as Fantasy Tracks.

Hold up, why are you rewording something I said but changing the message entirely? I meant exactly what I said; T10 fantasy tracks are an abomination. For every Sunset there's 6 Alps, maples, caminos, positanos, laderas, plagues, fujimis etc. I prefer we play it safe and ask T10 to focus solely on real world tracks. It doesn't guarantee a good outcome, there's always the Yas Marinas out there, but good God it's got to be better than leaving it in the hands of T10. You feel me?
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:27:17 PM(UTC)

Hold up, why are you rewording something I said but changing the message entirely? I meant exactly what I said; T10 fantasy tracks are an abomination. For every Sunset there's 6 Alps, maples, caminos, positanos, laderas, plagues, fujimis etc. I prefer we play it safe and ask T10 to focus solely on real world tracks. It doesn't guarantee a good outcome, there's always the Yas Marinas out there, but good God it's got to be better than leaving it in the hands of T10. You feel me?

Meh...

I presented a different viewpoint. You have responded with your same, initial point.

I'd like to see a variety of tracks and track-types - doesn't matter if they are existing, imagined, or real-but-not-yet-built. You only want real-world tracks, and apparently cannot believe that some people like the tracks that you feel are an abomination.

So... yeah... Meh.

Mod edit - WSD - max 1 line of text with sig --- Please don't use your sig to attack other forum members - Duey
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:37:55 PM(UTC)

Wait until they put the Circuit of the Americas in FM6. I´m gonna laugh so hard!
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:37:08 PM(UTC)

Nothing wrong with momentum based tracks.... Id be grateful for just all the old tracks including the forgotten FM1 tracks.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:51:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:47:59 PM(UTC)
Isn't Spa a momentum track with all it's sweeping corners?
Suzuka is a momentum track.
Nurburgring GP is a momentum track.
Mugello is a momentum track.

I agree some of their tracks aren't the greatest but I don't see your point at all. Maple, Camino, Positano, Ladera, and Fujimi are all gone.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:17:09 AM(UTC)
I've generally liked T10 tracks and I'm sure that if you asked a lot of players who don't follow motor sport they'd be hard pressed to tell which were real and which weren't. It doesn't help calling them an "abomination" (seems a bit excessive!) without explaining why. If it's simply because they don't have 1st gear hairpins then by that logic hardly any tracks, real world or otherwise, would feature in the game. With only an estimated 9 months to launch I'm sure T10 have already decided on the tracks for 6 so let's hope there's something in there for everyone. I don't like the idea of an editor and I'm not sure what the application would be anyway. Perhaps in a private lobby but other than that it seems like a lot of work for what at best would be a gimmick.
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 5:18:16 AM(UTC)

Nothing wrong with momentum based tracks.... Id be grateful for just all the old tracks including the forgotten FM1 tracks.

Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post

I agree some of their tracks aren't the greatest but I don't see your point at all. Maple, Camino, Positano, Ladera, and Fujimi are all gone.

I don't know where the phrasing "momentum based" comes into it. I couldn't ever differentiate tracks into two classes 'momentum based' and 'non momentum based'; you think that's possible? Yet It does tickle me that as soon as someone mentions a T10 track a fanboy will be right on cue shouting "MOMENTUM TRACK" absurdly thinking this in someway vindicates their creation. T10 tracks aren't some kind of special momentum tracks, they're just tracks. Pitiful ones, at that.

Worm I love all those tracks you mentioned. I particularly hope Mugello makes a return to Forza 6. Interesting though that Alps, Suzuka and Nurburgring GP all would be classed as momentum tracks. If all these tracks are momentum tracks, I ask which tracks AREN'T momentum tracks?
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:48:08 AM(UTC)
Would love to see Fujimi and Positano make a return, loved those courses. I would love to see a "once around the mountain" option in multiplayer for those courses, that would be crazy fun. The T10 tracks of late are not too impressive, Maple Valley was okay, don't get what all the hype is about but Bernese is a glorified NASCAR track and Prague is boring. I miss Sedona, that was a great T10 track. It had flowing over banked turns and then you dove under the speedway and into the course which was tight and fun, I'm gonna go play some FM4 now.

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
#42 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:13:08 AM(UTC)
I absolutely love the idea of custom tracks, but perhaps not in Forza.

It would be cooler if Horizon's map could be designed and constructed to be malleable with respect to it being a real street/road sim, but providing the ability to make tracks based on the existing layout.
Kinda like TDU but way more capable and built from the ground up to support user created circuits. Having tunnels, ramps, the ability to draw bridges, and create dirt shortcuts would be the thing that makes Horizon special for me, as I found it a bit of a one liner. Not to make it into Horizon wishlist (sorry) but that and just adding Forza's handling would absorb a lot of the wishes that people want to Forza, so Forza could focus on what they do well.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:27:07 AM(UTC)
a race or track editor would be better suited for horizon 2 than any forza game.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#44 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:58:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ace Ventura PI Go to Quoted Post
Would love to see Fujimi and Positano make a return, loved those courses. I would love to see a "once around the mountain" option in multiplayer for those courses, that would be crazy fun. The T10 tracks of late are not too impressive, Maple Valley was okay, don't get what all the hype is about but Bernese is a glorified NASCAR track and Prague is boring. I miss Sedona, that was a great T10 track. It had flowing over banked turns and then you dove under the speedway and into the course which was tight and fun, I'm gonna go play some FM4 now.

Bernese Alps was released during the time when Top Gear's Greatest Driving Road episode got popularized i believe. Having tracks that resemble those type of roads (with the same kind of backdrop) is highly desirable at those time. However, majority of the players probably didn't realize that the Bernese track is basically just another Maple Valley type of track with Alps as the backdrop. Honestly I couldn't fantasizing driving this track as driving on beautiful roads in Switzerland because the track itself resembles nothing from Switzerland.

The same problem goes with Fujimi as well, only a lot worse. That Old sections..how ridiculous could it get? It's almost like putting a 6 lanes highway on a small Japanese mountain...from my experiences, even the New sections are a bit too wide to be realistic. I know I'm really nit-picking here, but I just couldn't enjoy any of these fantasy tracks if they're just way too off the realistic side...not to mentions ridiculous huge jumps and such(for actual tracks like Maple Valley, not street).

About Sedona, I'm with you, as a fantasy track, it's realistic enough to be classify as a race track, yet interesting enough to be fun to race on. It has it's own unique character, quite tricky to master as well. It's one of the more decent fantasy track in Forza, I wish they used this as recipe for future fantasy track instead of the Maple Valley type over and over again...Bernese...Prague(well Prague is better, at least I enjoy it)

Edited by user Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:59:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:20:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ace Ventura PI Go to Quoted Post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Whatever tracks they don't put in your game I will gladly take lol

I much preferred Maple over Sedona.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:23:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:11:00 PM(UTC)

I don't know where the phrasing "momentum based" comes into it. I couldn't ever differentiate tracks into two classes 'momentum based' and 'non momentum based'; you think that's possible? Yet It does tickle me that as soon as someone mentions a T10 track a fanboy will be right on cue shouting "MOMENTUM TRACK" absurdly thinking this in someway vindicates their creation. T10 tracks aren't some kind of special momentum tracks, they're just tracks. Pitiful ones, at that.

Worm I love all those tracks you mentioned. I particularly hope Mugello makes a return to Forza 6. Interesting though that Alps, Suzuka and Nurburgring GP all would be classed as momentum tracks. If all these tracks are momentum tracks, I ask which tracks AREN'T momentum tracks?

I find it funny that you're on an Internet forum dedicated to a game you've played for years and still call someone a "fanboy". If anything is hard to differentiate it's how you don't also find yourself one. I think we should just drop that veiled attempt at an insult out of things.

You don't like certain tracks, I get it and some of them I didn't either. Maple was my favorite track though. Fujimi was awesome for drifters. This isn't your game built for you and your interests alone. Continually coming on here telling people they're wrong because they liked something you didn't is flat out wrong........unless it's Camino. Lol

#47 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:35:33 PM(UTC)
I honestly think i have enjoyed many of the fantasy tracks more than the real ones. maple valley, alps, even the test track in 4, camino. i liked all of them. and to be honest i would trade yas and top gear to have them all back. The only thing top gear is good for is demo derby, or hotlapping against friends in the star in a reasonably priced car.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:50:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
I honestly think i have enjoyed many of the fantasy tracks more than the real ones. maple valley, alps, even the test track in 4, camino. i liked all of them. and to be honest i would trade yas and top gear to have them all back. The only thing top gear is good for is demo derby, or hotlapping against friends in the star in a reasonably priced car.

Funny thing about Top gear track is that except the original layout for the Top Gear show, all the other variations(that can be use in lobby) are actually quite fun to race on, the simple layout created a lot of close races from my experience.

Well, I actually believe that from now on, at least in this generation, T10 won't take any track off the series anymore because all the current tracks are highly detailed "premium" model, where from graphic wise, they don't need as much adjustments when transferring them to the next game. You'll likely to see the track count just keeps on increasing.

#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:23:41 PM(UTC)
See, different people like different things.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:33:48 PM(UTC)
See, different people like different things.

indeed, so final solution: just have everything Xd

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error