37 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:40:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
However, hopefully they focused on Motorsport and community features that were loved in previous games vs. focusing on making casual gamers to car lovers.

Dan Greenawalt said it once again during the FM6 reveal yesterday. So I do expect them to keep following this path instead of focusing on sim/motorsport content.
Tier 9 - 14k points - Driving since 2010.
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:47:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Furia636 Go to Quoted Post
However, hopefully they focused on Motorsport and community features that were loved in previous games vs. focusing on making casual gamers to car lovers.

Dan Greenawalt said it once again during the FM6 reveal yesterday. So I do expect them to keep following this path instead of focusing on sim/motorsport content.

Was it the same speech as FM5?! lol

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
 1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:52:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post

Can't remember the Forza 5 speech right now, but here's the video from yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET-32X8hVpE
It's not complete, but It's the only one I could find. At 0:35 "Our goal is to turn gamers into car lovers like us, and car lovers into gamers". Then he starts talking about how games became mainstream in the last years. A bit scared if Forza 6 is another target of this process
 2 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:54:31 AM(UTC)
As long as it improves from FM5 I'll be happy and I actually can't wait for it's release.
#105 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:10:14 AM(UTC)
Well, I'm excited. As vocal as I've been about what Forza 5 is lacking I've also praised it for what it is. But I'm hopeful and optimistic that Forza 6 will be everything that Forza 4 was (IMO), which is, a well executed, well thought out game, actually much like Horizon 2. I think that the thoroughness of the programming of Horizon 2 shows what some time and experience with the base code will produce. Enough has been said about Forza 5. Time to look forward to what Forza 6 could be.
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:17:50 AM(UTC)
Where can I pre order it? :P
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:34:07 AM(UTC)
Let's see what Turn10 can do without that hardware launch crunchtime.... and with this little underpowered wonderbox. They made some strides after that fm5 launch, which was all kinds of dissapointing.

Let's see some Whining Lists.... err Whislists
#108 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:50:18 AM(UTC)

Can't remember the Forza 5 speech right now, but here's the video from yesterday.
It's not complete, but It's the only one I could find. At 0:35 "Our goal is to turn gamers into car lovers like us, and car lovers into gamers". Then he starts talking about how games became mainstream in the last years. A bit scared if Forza 6 is another target of this process

Well can't say I'm shocked. Pretty cars and an eclectic selection of vehicles is all nice and good but that'll only take a game so far. Guess its wait and see time right? Hard to believe, but car selection is the thing I care about the least this go around.

I'll be buying the game to get my racing fix but the announced features are what'll determine if I get some special edition.

Looking forward to see what is announced even if I don't like it. Lol. And I do like the Ford partnership because it gives me hope of some sort of NASCAR tie-in.

1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:55:34 AM(UTC)
Tweaks needed...

Clubs/better organizing tools (player created lobbies, joinable without an invite,) for sustained online events is a must for replayability

Porsches (spend the damn money, I'll pay a few dollars more, just do it.).

Please make the menu's more intuitive, PLZ.

Carry over player made graphics from 5 to 6.

As for the painters, how about I select a "painter" not a car, and see what he has available? (never seen something so backwards)

A little better options for managing your garage plz, like can I pick Ferrari first and then just cycle through them ( not every single car in front of Ferrari?) Pop out and I'm still in manufacturers. not the dang Forzavista showroom.

Few more tracks, some more cars certainly.

2Old4Forza
#110 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:00:38 AM(UTC)
A new racing game with a Ford GT on the over. Now, where have I seen THAT before? Bit of a dig from T10, there, I'd say.
User is suspended until 11/28/2042 2:06:57 PM(UTC)
#111 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
Casual gamers is the key here. It is easier to met a causal demand, than those of the die hards who want the closest thing to actually racing said car. As long as the word "casual" keeps being thrown around their is no need to get excited about any hard core features returning.

Before people get all bent and try to flame, look up the word casual. It implies not much of a commitment.

Just stop. Just sayin.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 6/13/2042 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
#112 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
A new racing game with a Ford GT on the over. Now, where have I seen THAT before? Bit of a dig from T10, there, I'd say.

1 user liked this post.
#113 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:23:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: II AntR II Go to Quoted Post
They didn´t even bother to change the logo. I wonder if they bothered to actually change the game, too?

Were you expecting for them to use the coca cola logo, or the Apple name? Why would they change their logo? Really?

What? I don´t even. Ok.

Well, there you go. Same small talk that made FM a virtual trackday experience. Why should I even bother? At least remove the motorsport name Dan, and shave your beard.
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:26:34 AM(UTC)
Hard to believe, but car selection is the thing I care about the least this go around.

For me It's essential. Forza 5 could have been a much better game with more race cars and less loners. I remember when I saw the '80/'90s F1 cars mentioned in the lobby options..those could have changed everything, no joke. We'll see what Turn 10 will bring us..

1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:43:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alexandre 50 Go to Quoted Post

Not what I was thinking of, but well played! Now, the GT90--THERE'S a car to get excited about!
#116 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:47:51 AM(UTC)
I am definetly hoping for less of an focus on real tracks, and more of a focus on location based tracks, Driveclub and its scenic beauty have spoiled me in this regard. Along those lines, I hope we see a vast number more tracks than last game, and a return of series staple tracks like Maple Valley, Camino Viejo de Montserrat, Rally di Positano, etc. I know and understand why the focus on tracks, but frankly they are getting boring and I rather sweeping forest, serene deserts, City streets, Mountain passes, etc to race upon than the 100th ineration of Laguna.

And please for the love of God have some decent music this time, worst aspect of F5 is the audio on this front IMO.

And a full return to the auction houses and store front of F4.
 1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:03:01 AM(UTC)
[Leans back I chair, face hard with memories of Forza 2 all DLC, 3LCE all DLC, 4LCE all DLC.... and 5 LCE no DLC...... 5LCE not one $DLC indeed - and mods that change what you say so much it was no longer what *he* meant so he didn't post anything until now - @ a year later]

Is this going to be Forza 5.5 or at least what Forza 5 should have been?

My $75 on the matter

[Leans back - Awaiting Moderation]
Racing enduro since FM2. Winning is another matter but who cares...
#118 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:20:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Alexandre 50 Go to Quoted Post

Not what I was thinking of, but well played! Now, the GT90--THERE'S a car to get excited about!

Used to love that in NFS II, wish more games had it, lovely car

1 user liked this post.
#119 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:39:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KreepaEvoX Go to Quoted Post
Let's see what Turn10 can do without that hardware launch crunchtime.... and with this little underpowered wonderbox. They made some strides after that fm5 launch, which was all kinds of dissapointing.

Let's see some Whining Lists.... err Whislists

Interesting with the hardware.....

I play Titanfall regularly and the game looks like a different game from release in terms of graphics quality and depth of field. The big jump was a patch in November which was gobsmacking. If you did play Titanfall and stopped go back an take a look.

It shows that if there had been graphics updates then Forza 5 would look way bette than it does now. A couple of weeks ago I think there was a MS statement saying they were giving developers another 10% or something of the CPU. Both of these fill me with hope that F6 will be stunning.

Gameplay....who knows but at least it will look good.

Happiness is knowing that the other racers know where the brake button is.
 2 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:24:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BTR BOSH Go to Quoted Post
Dan Greenawalt can say what he likes I wont believe a thing until I see it in the game all we heard last time was blaa blaa blaa and nothing .PLEASE LISTEN TO THE GAMERS AND BRING EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAD IN FORZA 4 THEN ADD A LITTLE MORE CONTENT ON TOP AND YOU WILL HAVE A WINNER. ALSO NEED MORE SPONSORS IN GAME PAINT

I think they did a very good job of listening to gamers in Forza 5. No, they obviously aren't going to or even able to bring back everything from Forza 4, but they did do a good job of addressing some of the bigger complaints. The biggest complain initially was how expensive cars were, they certainly addressed this (and probably over-addressed it in my opinion). People also complained about having to pay in-game money for DLC cars (seems like a very odd complaint to me), but they certainly addressed this as well. The next biggest complaint was probably the lack of tracks, they addressed this buy releasing Nurburgring, Road America and Long Beach with a number of variants, all of which were absolutely free. People complained about no drag racing, so that was added as well.

Certainly, they can't address everything that everyone wants, you bought the game that you bought, but they did more to address complaints than I think most other companies would.

#121 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:36:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Superfly Boss Go to Quoted Post
Porsche needs to make a comeback. :(

The idea that they can't work something out with EA to get Porsche's in the game seems extremely odd to me. It would be one thing if EA was actually using that license to gain market share, but Rivals they put a grand total of 4 Porsche's in a cartoonish game. If you are going to hold the license, then at least do something with it.
#122 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:59:26 AM(UTC)
Having the game work properly first would be a start. A year later and there are still problems with things not unlocking in FM5.
#123 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:11:52 PM(UTC)
I've always been a fan of Forza but never quite feel happy with driving view options. I'm always drawn to the in car view but then usually resort to the "over the bonnet/hood view as the in car view seems obstructed and cluttered when racing.

Would it not be possible to have an in car view on the grid in the moments building to the race start? A moment to take in the aesthetics of your surroundings as the tension builds for the start of the race in a few moments and then as the lights begin to change the perspective zooms forward focusing on the track and drawing your attention to the task in hand, shifting the steering wheel, instruments and door pillars etc out of view.

We love to see the beautiful interior of these cars and to be immersed in a fantastic sim, but in the heat of the race its the track that matters!

Just a thought ;)
 1 user liked this post.
#124 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:14:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Adventfire Go to Quoted Post
I have mixed feelings about Forza Motorsport 6. The Forza games have been getting more and more DLC heavy not to mention expensive and I still don't understand why they separated the season pass into car pack and VIP? I hated Forza 5 but love Forza Horizon 2 (despite the overpriced dlc). Now with Ford putting their new GT in the game I'm hoping the car selection doesn't become Ford heavy. It's not Ford Motorsport, it's Forza! This is definitely not a preorder for me but Forza Horizon 2 is keeping my hopes alive that Turn 10 will learn from their mistakes. So I'll wait and see.

No, they have not Forza Motorsports 4 is still the Forza game with the most DLC.
 2 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PeterGriffin197 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Adventfire Go to Quoted Post
I have mixed feelings about Forza Motorsport 6. The Forza games have been getting more and more DLC heavy not to mention expensive and I still don't understand why they separated the season pass into car pack and VIP? I hated Forza 5 but love Forza Horizon 2 (despite the overpriced dlc). Now with Ford putting their new GT in the game I'm hoping the car selection doesn't become Ford heavy. It's not Ford Motorsport, it's Forza! This is definitely not a preorder for me but Forza Horizon 2 is keeping my hopes alive that Turn 10 will learn from their mistakes. So I'll wait and see.

No, they have not Forza Motorsports 4 is still the Forza game with the most DLC.

And best DLC, too.
More characters than sense.
37 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error