37 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:36:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
It has cars in it, therefore I will play it.

has this been confirmed already?
 1 user liked this post.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:39:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WoozieWoo Go to Quoted Post

It has 2 cars, 1 truck and zero tracks at this stage. I look forward to the dlc ;) (JOKING)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:40:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:40:28 AM(UTC)

Well said! Compared to other official forums there's zero communication between the devs and the community in here. I'm excluding the T10 community team here as they are doing a good job IMHO, but i'm kinda feeling sorry for them. These poor souls have to cope with the increasing frustration of the community every day.

Devs won't ever visit a forum, that's what the community team is for.

I will ask you this though, where do they communicate? The WiR, the contests? Outside of that, zero. No forum involvement though at times I understand why, there are some ruthless people here that can turn a normal conversation to a whine and cry session but it's still next to zero. You can go looking at post histories if you'd like.

#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:42:36 AM(UTC)

It has 2 cars, 1 truck and zero tracks at this stage. I look forward to the dlc ;) (JOKING)

haha, introducing the "Track Pass"! :D

enough with all these jokes, lets be serious again! ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:43:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:56:45 AM(UTC)
It must be a thankless situation to be in....... as many people you actually please you will hack off the same amount of people, all this whilst trying to keep the developers creative vision in tact.

As far as the community team goes...... well you poor guys really do have to wade through some absolute twaddle.

I am a fan and always will be, what ever FM6 has in store for me....... i'll be happy.
#81 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:00:06 AM(UTC)

That's for damn sure! I just hope the garage is bigger so I don't fill it too fast. Also I hope I can paint them all too.
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:02:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: II AntR II Go to Quoted Post
They didn´t even bother to change the logo. I wonder if they bothered to actually change the game, too?

Were you expecting for them to use the coca cola logo, or the Apple name? Why would they change their logo? Really?
#83 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:03:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post

There are many official forums where game devs post regularly and keep their community informed about upcoming bugfixes and content updates. One example that comes to my mind would be the EA UFC Devs (i know...its kinda strange using EA as a positive example in this regard). They collect feature suggestions, acknowledge bugs, provide ETA's....etc. Thats an active two way communication with their paying customers, and thats how it should be. EA UFC was in a similar state like FM5 when it was released but they kept adding features (heavily based on user suggestions) via free content updates, its a completely different game now. Kudos to them!

I will ask you this though, where do they communicate? The WiR, the contests? Outside of that, zero. No forum involvement though at times I understand why, there are some ruthless people here that can turn a normal conversation to a whine and cry session but it's still next to zero. You can go looking at post histories if you'd like.

Yup, thats my point, no communication in regards to the state of the game itself. I appreciate the WIR, Heavy Metal, etc. community features but it looks like they get no information from the devs apart from acknowledging that they are having issues with servers/cloud-saves and whatsoever. Thats why i dont blame the community team per se, guess they just do what they can.
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:10:44 AM(UTC)
Super excited for FM 6. I hope all the improvements from H2 (night, weather, force feedback) will find their way in the motorsport title.

This early announcement was a surprise. We always had to wait to E3 for THE news. Maybe a sign that we'll get the game way earlier this time. I am ready. So is my body and my TX wheel.
 4 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:14:50 AM(UTC)
Well surely they can't go anymore backwards with FM6
#86 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:46:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dadiodude Go to Quoted Post

This is an odd forum in some respects. It seems to attract people who don't much like the product but oddly visit the forum regularly. It'd be nice to have some positive stuff to read now and again. I've enjoyed playing every FM title. Each has been a little different but overall the series has evolved well. 5 may have been down in content but this isn't a boxed set. Each game is a stand alone and shouldn't really be compared to the previous title. Non of us know what's involved behind the scenes in producing a game for a new system but I'll defy anyone to name an XB1 launch title that was anywhere near as good. If you think 5 was light on content try COD, Rome or any of the other day one releases.

when i got my XB1 on day one the ONLY game that truely felt 'next gen' was battlefeild 4 (yes it had bugs but it was a great game, comparing it to the previous version on the previous hardware it had plenty of improved features and game mechanics). forza and cod were were no were near pushing anywhere close to a new generation of gaming. i really hope forza 6 is truly a 'next gen' quality game, just genereal improvents all round that would just make the experience top notch, otherwise i will not be continuing my forza collection any further, unless who knows maybe they do something special for the 10 year aniversary and release something on PC, then ill never stop playing forza, i can imagine it now forza+pc+steering wheel (ANY steering wheel)+oculus rift...... that would be something.

and to add, i guess i am one of the odd ones you speak of, i absolutely love the games but in the same token i easily hate it. for me it mostly comes down to one thing- input. T10 have an amazing simulation with excelent physics and so much variety but on the steering wheel side of things (controller is great, but once you get a wheel and get comfortable you cant go back) the input needs huge improvents. if input isnt handled properly it destroys all the hard work put into the simulation, and this is my biggest gripe with forza. i have a very high quality wheel setup but the experience i get from forza makes me not want to play it even though its still one of my favourite titles.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:57:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:53:30 AM(UTC)
Porsche needs to make a comeback. :(
#88 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:20:14 AM(UTC)
This is awesome news guys. Don't forget that FM 5 was a launch title, they didn't have time to include as much content and real new features as they'd wanted to. Now imagine that they have enough time to build on it, with more sophisticated development tools, more hardware power and more experience. Simply awesome.

Now, the problem with all this... We have to wait half a year to actually see the game and get any information on it! The wait will be long...

Is it 1080p and 60 fps?
Does it have dynamic weather and day-night cycles?
How many cars?
How many tracks?
How many discs? (If FM5 is 40 GB with that amount of content, imagine how big FM 6 will be.)

I just so would love to know these things, or even some screenshots before E3. June is very far, you know! :-) I'm excited for a new Forza game as ever.
#89 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:35:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GenericSlick Go to Quoted Post

-Better cockpit lighting(take notes from Driveclub)

They could also take a few notes about the driver's animations (steering, shifting..) from that game (and others as well). But I'm keeping my hopes very very low..

Tier 9 - 14k points - Driving since 2010.
#90 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:45:12 AM(UTC)

Damn right !

come and get some
 2 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:53:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Superfly Boss Go to Quoted Post

The official statement about Porsche comeback would convince me to preorder without any hesitation.
#92 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:01:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheTrueStein Go to Quoted Post
The news hasn't been out for an hour and already people are whining about the game all over the Forza Motorsport Facebook page. This might be a new record.

This. But there's still alot of information and details to go so we should judge till we see the final product, plenty of time right now for polish and/or additions to the game

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:32:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:03:56 AM(UTC)
At this point I am excited but also a bit worried. I want FM6 to be about more than "just" the long overdue day/night and weather implementation (mostly because FH2 was all about that).
FM3 was about better graphics, so was big part of FM4 and FM5 mostly was too (that + CALPSAN and Drivatars :D). I am a fan of the franchise since the first FM game but this time I'll need more than graphics and weather to justify another $60.
What I would like to see is that the upgrade system finnally gets another (significant) overhaul, since the last big changes to upgrades where done in FM2 (!)
Lots of next-gen titles have become kind of cross-over genre games, which I acctually like. i.e. I would not mind an RPG-style tiered upgrade system, COD-style "dynamic" upgrades or even persistant dmg with nice repair/trade/2ndHand economics of some sorts...
Personnally I care less about increasing the number of cars since I tend to stick with a few dozen of my favourites for most part of the game anyways.
 2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:09:39 AM(UTC)
I can't wait for the next arcade car game to come out. I think we need more quality less quantity, take 50% of the tracks and cars from FM5 and I think we've hit the spot. Less features so the game can run smoothly, no multiplayer so we can become professional drivers in career mode. Then have the option to buy the 50% of tracks and cars out from FM5 if we want a bit of variety!
Can't wait!
https://www.youtube.com/craviator <- Please check it out and subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLslsqUhsTg <-
Lotus Cortina Build/Tune Tutorial BRAND NEW VIDEO *UPDATE*
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:25:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Craviator Go to Quoted Post
I can't wait for the next arcade car game to come out. I think we need more quality less quantity, take 50% of the tracks and cars from FM5 and I think we've hit the spot. Less features so the game can run smoothly, no multiplayer so we can become professional drivers in career mode. Then have the option to buy the 50% of tracks and cars out from FM5 if we want a bit of variety!
Can't wait!

Then don't buy it. I know you're joking but if people are going to have that attitude this early is steer clear of it.

Cheers,
Ace
 2 users liked this post.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:41:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Superfly Boss Go to Quoted Post

Best ask EA about that then. ;)

If you'd played the early Forza games, and interacted on the old forums you wouldn't be saying that...
#97 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:14:33 AM(UTC)
I'm gonna hold my breath till I see a car and track list, FM5 was great and even if all they do to the physics and graphics is just polish it up a bit I'd still be happy on that front. But... Car list...
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
#98 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:18:15 AM(UTC)
I cannot wait for FM6. Love every FM that has been released. My biggest disappointment was when Porsche was dropped. I love the brand so much so it hit hard.
FM5 may not have been the largest technical jump from FM4 but I think FM6 will be a bigger jump from FM5 since the console has been released for sometime now and the developers have been getting to know the limits much more.
My hopes for FM6:
Less cars no one cares about. I hope they can see which cars are most often bought and which ones were not and provide more cars around that.
Longer races, always asked for this one. Now that multiplayer has an endurance section (15 min or so) races it's much better racing imo. Just need to put a setting or something for single player.
T10 needs to go easier on the DLC. Offering free tracks is a great start but they need to provide a better deal or not be so DLC heavy as someone has already said.
Like another person said, some sort of consequence for damaging a car. In multiplayer, if someone damages your car immensely, they should pay for the damage. If they have no money, they aren't allowed in multiplayer races. Just an idea.
Lots of ideas and hopes and wishes but if it's anything like FM5, I'll be happy. Just no career mode like Horizon 2. Wasn't much of a fan. Hope to hear more details soon. E3 should be good.

Regarding what some have said regarding the DEVs and community team not looking at the forums or seeing what fans are saying, that's **** . They may not say much but they read. Imagine if you made a post as a DEV on here, you'd be targeted really quick and have an insane amount of messages all the time. Especially when 98% of the users on here complain about every little thing.

3 users liked this post.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:11:08 AM(UTC)
Cool I guess.

As long as the physics are good as FM5 then I'll get some enjoyment.

However, hopefully they focused on Motorsport and community features that were loved in previous games vs. focusing on making casual gamers to car lovers. Let's face it, those who buy racing games already have some level of interest in racing or cars.

And would it be so hard to bring back overall leaderboards, club features, and gifting.
 3 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:30:52 AM(UTC)
Dan Greenawalt can say what he likes I wont believe a thing until I see it in the game all we heard last time was blaa blaa blaa and nothing .PLEASE LISTEN TO THE GAMERS AND BRING EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAD IN FORZA 4 THEN ADD A LITTLE MORE CONTENT ON TOP AND YOU WILL HAVE A WINNER. ALSO NEED MORE SPONSORS IN GAME PAINT
37 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error