This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
37 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:31:40 PM(UTC)
Some of you act as if Ubisoft took over development or something horrific like that, FM5 lacked ALLOT of features, there's no getting around that, but the things they did give us were very good. The only issues FM5 has for me are PI balancing and giving almost every car a generic engine swap that you NEED to make the car competitive, rather than putting in the effort to balance each individual engine, and aspiration type.

Turn 10 haven't done us enough wrong to receive the negativity they're getting, yet.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 7:34:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wornburner says NO.
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:40:21 PM(UTC)
Holding out for that next gen 'mute lobby' feature.

1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:45:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: super cowboyjon Go to Quoted Post
Holding out for that next gen 'mute lobby' feature.

Thousands of rammers cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.

#54 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:48:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wise 84 Go to Quoted Post

As long as it has Weather/Day and Night settings for the tracks and a whole lot more cars and tracks, then I'll still buy it.

Even though Forza 5 was light on tracks and cars it still had a FANTASTIC handling engine and the laser scanned tracks were breathtaking.

One small thing though. I hope they focus a bit more on customisation.

More body kit options for the cars, more wheel options and the ability to FINALLY adjust offset.

I just hope if they do add weather and night racing they still maintain 60 FPS.
#55 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 8:39:22 PM(UTC)
Can't wait! This is going to be awesome
Forza 3 Unicrons 2/3
Forza 4 Unicorns 17/17
Forza Horizon Unicorns 7/7

Forza 3, 4, and Horizon LE VIP and Forza horizon 2 day one owner
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:00:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post

The real question is, can we get a wishlist thread?

This.

Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post
Ok we need a Forza6 forum. :)

And this.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 9:03:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:24:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PrplM3sNjetskis Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post

The real question is, can we get a wishlist thread?

This.

Originally Posted by: NhraRacer Go to Quoted Post
Ok we need a Forza6 forum. :)

And this.

This! Come on I've got all these wishes I need to get off my chest haha
#58 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:25:23 PM(UTC)
I haven't played fm5 as of yet because I just picked up a xb1 finally but I'm excited to play fm5 even after all the complaints I've read about. Hearing the news today about fm6 made my day and I will be pre ordering it.
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 9:39:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GenericSlick Go to Quoted Post
How Forza Motorsport 6 can easily be a master piece.

-25+ TRACKS
-350+ cars
-Auction House
-Storefront
-Forza vista Online
-DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE + Weather
-Improved car physics
-Improved Drivavatar system
-Better lighting
-Better cockpit view and sense of speed
-Better cockpit lighting(take notes from Driveclub)
-Better car Headlights and taillight details
-Car SELF-Reflection
-Ambient occlusions, replacing the ugly baked shadow underneath the car
-EVERYTHING Dynamic
-And please.. 3d trees and crowds in 3d.

Going to add to this:
Spectate and Public User Created Lobbies. The rest I will leave to the hopeful wishlist.
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 10:57:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Based Bankai Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GenericSlick Go to Quoted Post
How Forza Motorsport 6 can easily be a master piece.

-25+ TRACKS
-350+ cars
-Auction House
-Storefront
-Forza vista Online
-DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE + Weather
-Improved car physics
-Improved Drivavatar system
-Better lighting
-Better cockpit view and sense of speed
-Better cockpit lighting(take notes from Driveclub)
-Better car Headlights and taillight details
-Car SELF-Reflection
-Ambient occlusions, replacing the ugly baked shadow underneath the car
-EVERYTHING Dynamic
-And please.. 3d trees and crowds in 3d.

Going to add to this:
Spectate and Public User Created Lobbies. The rest I will leave to the hopeful wishlist.

...and animated pit stops, and distance ahead and behind indicators in HUD. some of this would be nice, some if it is essential if they want circuit racers to come back form PC.
#61 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:08:34 PM(UTC)
Quote:

"our most technically advanced racing simulation to date, offering a fun and realistic automotive experience for both car lovers and gamers"

So. Forza 6 is aiming for the sim market.

Seems very very familiar to the sales pitch last time round.

I'll also post this quote from a seperate interview. If there is a shred of truth in it, Forza 6 will be everything g this community has been demanding since the release of Forza 5:

"Feedback is a crucial part of the Forza design philosophy. We thrive on the feedback we receive, and that feedback comes from a variety of different places: internally here within Turn 10 and from the larger Microsoft organization, from our partners like Playground Games, and from the gaming community. Feedback from the wider gamer world, and especially the passionate Forza community, is hugely valuable to us--it gives the most immediate feedback as to what works (and, indeed, what's not working) in the games we make."

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 11:09:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fat Thumb Syndrome

#62 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:37:12 PM(UTC)
Very excited for the game! But at the same time I hope they focus more on the game then just car sounds and graphics. The game is getting really repetitive on the Horsepower limits the cars had on the past Motorsports. For example the GTR, Supra, and even muscle cars can't go over 1000hp. I like how Horizon 2 broke that chain but letting the supra and gtr at 1000hp. Thats all I really ask for in Forza 6. Is that every car is hopefully capable of over 1000hp, if its a "Realistic Racing Game"..

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 11:38:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:37:14 PM(UTC)
I'm super excited to see what Turn 10 do with Forza 6. Sure, there were some early issues with Forza 5, but Turn 10 responded really well to the fans' complaints. What do I want to see in Forza 6? For me, it's all about the cars, tracks and handling. Please bring back Suzuka!
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:38:17 PM(UTC)
I have high hopes since, like Star Trek movies, even numbered Forzas are the best. I'll be happy if they just put back the stuff they striped out and throw in a few new tracks. If some of the other quibbles get fixed along the way, then that is just gravy. I won't be holding my breath for weather, and I think only the original Xbox was powerful enough to render a track at night.
#65 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:49:08 PM(UTC)
This is awesome news, I can't wait.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:12:41 AM(UTC)
Sounds like the game has already been reviewed and found lacking by some people - give T10 a chance to actually make it first guys.

In my opinion 5 only fell short in two areas. Number of tracks and more importantly gameplay.

All I want from 6 are a few more circuits, and for them to tidy up the AI coding and in an ideal world try to penalise corner cutting and ramming in MP. As for weather I'm not sure this would fit with the series. So you join a lobby in say an A Class Viper tuned to run decent lap times. The voting starts and a wet race is chosen. But you don't have a wet tune and the lobby is full of bonkers Civics and Stangs. Nobody will make the first corner. You can't pit for tyres unless the race is 10 laps or so and in any case you're tune has zero downforce. Think about it. How few players actually tune cars properly and regardless of how "sim" the game is it still has to be able to be played by Jo Public. Crazy AI and MP behaviour has been one of the biggest criticisms of 5 so I really hope we don't see wet races. Night racing only occurs in GTs and Rally's (F1 is floodlit to the point of being brighter than day running) so has no place in a racing sim anyway. I guess you could run a few endurance events but I remember LeMans on the PC and it wasn't that much fun.

The new game will run on the DX12 API so we should see a few more FPS and maybe a bit more filtering.

For me I'm 100% sure this will be must have title and I'll definately pre-order.

#67 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:19:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: littlemisery Go to Quoted Post
Forza 6 with rip off dlc again?

Don't buy it if you don't want it. Heck, don't buy the game altogether if you can't appreciate it. There's plenty of inferior games out there for you to choose from.

Originally Posted by: Cobra625 Go to Quoted Post
Saw this one coming! Love that the Ford GT will be the cover car. Hopefully a Fall release!

It is. Mark my words. I've said FM6 was going to be a fall 2015 release since fall of 2013. I'll go ahead and say FM7 is a fall 2017 release, too. The fall 2015 thing is mainly because of series history, but also because 2015 marks the franchise's ten-year anniversary. They won't pass on that.

Originally Posted by: II AntR II Go to Quoted Post
They didn´t even bother to change the logo. I wonder if they bothered to actually change the game, too?

Man, this is really attracting the trolls...

Originally Posted by: JuiceyDangler Go to Quoted Post
So the new Ford GT....Has a 6 cylinder engine and was designed by an Australian....Not exactly the American Muscle I was hoping for...looks cool non the less.

They're also going to race it at Le Mans next year, for the fiftieth anniversary of them being the first and only American auto maker to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Originally Posted by: Faustulus Go to Quoted Post
I have high hopes since, like Star Trek movies, even numbered Forzas are the best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that trend with the Star Trek films; regarding the ones with the original cast, that is.
Still I Rise
#68 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:23:38 AM(UTC)
I would like FM6 if it was almost exactly the same as FM5. The only things I would do is bug fixes, add more cars and tracks aswell as add weather and night driving.
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:35:44 AM(UTC)
Here is my wish list :
• Bring back Car Clubs
• Weather
• Day and night racing
• Wet and dry rivals leaderboards
• More love for the lower class cars
• Drivatar play lists (ala Tekken 6, where you can download specific drivatars)
 5 users liked this post.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:41:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BIGpoppaKEGdog Go to Quoted Post
Some of you act as if Ubisoft took over development or something horrific like that, FM5 lacked ALLOT of features, there's no getting around that, but the things they did give us were very good. The only issues FM5 has for me are PI balancing and giving almost every car a generic engine swap that you NEED to make the car competitive, rather than putting in the effort to balance each individual engine, and aspiration type.

Turn 10 haven't done us enough wrong to receive the negativity they're getting, yet.

LOL, go look at the first two pages of the Horizon 2 General Discussion and count how many threads are legitimate bugs, game breaking problems, corrupted saves, etc vs how many are anything else.
Then go look and see if you can find any kind of posts or any information or help for these people from Turn 10 or Playground.

Go to the FM5 General Discussion and have a read, you can skip all the goofy gripes about car modeling, just look how many people still have broken games and how many server complaints there are.
Then go look and see if you can find any information or help from them again.

The fact is the last two games are on par with what Ubisoft has done of late. Two pretty bugged up games in a row that are sometimes unplayable altogether, bad save issues with the cloud, and then you can count all the server and lock up issues with FM4 you have three out of four. Most of the people griping really do love Forza or they wouldn't be here asking and begging for better, myself included, because a lot of your issues (I wouldn't call them complaints here since it's the actual functionality of the game I speak of) seem to go unacknowledged or fall on deaf ears.

Just speaking for myself here, I love it all as well, but I've been pretty disappointed. I know creating it all isn't easy but it's been bad on a lot of fronts.
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:48:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BIGpoppaKEGdog Go to Quoted Post

LOL, go look at the first two pages of the Horizon 2 General Discussion and count how many threads are legitimate bugs, game breaking problems, corrupted saves, etc vs how many are anything else.
Then go look and see if you can find any kind of posts or any information or help for these people from Turn 10 or Playground.

Go to the FM5 General Discussion and have a read, you can skip all the goofy gripes about car modeling, just look how many people still have broken games and how many server complaints there are.

The fact is the last two games are on par with what Ubisoft has done of late. Two pretty bugged up games in a row that are sometimes unplayable altogether, bad save issues with the cloud, and then you can count all the server and lock up issues with FM4 you have three out of four. Most of the people griping really do love Forza or they wouldn't be here asking and begging for better, myself included, because a lot of your issues (I wouldn't call them complaints here since it's the actual functionality of the game I speak of) seem to go unacknowledged or fall on deaf ears.

Just speaking for myself here, I love it all as well, but I've been pretty disappointed. I know creating it all isn't easy but it's been bad on a lot of fronts.

Touche
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:12:04 AM(UTC)
Sure there are a few who've had problems with saves and syncing but forums often attract the few with issues looking for help. The millions who have no problem don't even visit (or know of) the forums so it's important not to assume this is widespread. Although a big deal for the guys having issues in percentage terms it's likely so small a number not to justify an official fix. This happens to all software. Server performance is a pain but again, many games have issues so I don't know how much of this is down to T10 and how much is down to the growing demand on XBLive and the Internet in general. Either way, I'm sure the developers are aware and everyone involved is pushing hard to improve things.

This is an odd forum in some respects. It seems to attract people who don't much like the product but oddly visit the forum regularly. It'd be nice to have some positive stuff to read now and again. I've enjoyed playing every FM title. Each has been a little different but overall the series has evolved well. 5 may have been down in content but this isn't a boxed set. Each game is a stand alone and shouldn't really be compared to the previous title. Non of us know what's involved behind the scenes in producing a game for a new system but I'll defy anyone to name an XB1 launch title that was anywhere near as good. If you think 5 was light on content try COD, Rome or any of the other day one releases.
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:18:45 AM(UTC)
I'm excited about this, but I was excited about Forza 5 when they announced it and even now I still wouldn't buy it, so I'm not getting ahead of myself. What I most want to see in this game is more race cars/motorsport influence. I felt Forza 5 lacked race cars massively, and its more or less the sole reason I didn't buy an Xbox One to get Forza 5, that and the poor track list. I get that it was pushed for a specific release date though so I'll wait and see with Forza 6. I'll have an Xbox One by the time it comes out whether I get it or not, but I really hope they get this one right.
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:29:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post

Well said! Compared to other official forums there's zero communication between the devs and the community in here. I'm excluding the T10 community team here as they are doing a good job IMHO, but i'm kinda feeling sorry for them. These poor souls have to cope with the increasing frustration of the community every day.

It doesn't really give the feeling that they actually care about their customers, we even have to beg to get a simple changelog for content updates. Hope they gonna improve in this regard.

Apart from that, looking forward to FM6 but i'll be cautious after what has happened with FM5 (Quote from Dan: You wont recognize FM5 a few months after release....)
 3 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:33:44 AM(UTC)
It has cars in it, therefore I will play it.
I blame the ants.
37 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error