This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
37 Pages<<34353637PrevNext
#876 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:15:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ekkobelli Go to Quoted Post
That doesn't explain the relatively small amount of night / rain tracks.
I guess they just didn't have the time to laser scan more tracks in wet condition. If that's the case, than maybe we'll get some night / rain DLC tracks later on.

Dan did mention in a number of tweets/interviews that the tracks with night/rain are ones that would typically have it in real life. Abu Dhabi's in the Middle East and would have a very low chance of rain whereas a number of circuits don't have floodlighting or are often not open at night.

I'm with you on hoping for additions however; I suspect a few of these circuits will get additional night/rain updates in the next few months.
 1 user liked this post.
#877 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:15:22 AM(UTC)
wow so disappointed with the number of tracks with rain and/or night

rain: seven out of 26, that's just 27% is measly for a feature which was super hyped by turn 10

Night: 6 out of 23% for another super hyped game feature

Why does it have to be locked at 60 FPS, I think FH2 looks fantastic at 30 FPS. I think the insistence on 60 FPS is more about bragging rights and marketing than it is about graphics. I would much preferred they lock it at 30 FPS and give us allot more tracks with rain and night racing. I think no night racing and no weather at Bathurst is ridiculous given they have the Bathurst 12 hour starts at night, I agree with others that rain also makes sense at Bathurst given that many races have been blighted by changeable weather. I also think allot more tracks could have had night racing such as Alps (its a fictional track so theirs no reason races couldn't be held at night). And I could continue but I wont, I not even asking for dynamic weather I think that would be a bridge to far at this point, but I feel they have have said that will be enough to keep them happy rather than trying to push the boundaries of whats possible and brave enough to chuck out unnecessary stuff such as 60 FPS and pointless ForzaVista. I was so excited for Forza 6 I thought it would be my game of the year and would finally bring next gen experience to racing games but I'm bitterly bitterly disappointed with this list :(

Edited by user Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:20:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#878 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:23:57 AM(UTC)
I think its ironic how Forza has basically done the complete opposite of what PCars does.

PCars takes a very meticulous approach to the cars. Their car list is very small, but that's because they take every little detail into account. The sounds, the visuals, the physics. They're all spot-on, because every car has been specifically designed to mirror its real-world counterpart exactly. Forza 6 has 450+ cars, so some generalizations are made. Some little visual details are missing, some of the sounds don't quite match, and the physics are not always terribly accurate.

Now we take the flip side of that. PCars has dynamic weather, which means the track physics have to be generalized and calculated on-the-fly. They don't know where water is going to form puddles, they don't know how each part of the track absorbs water. Forza 6, they actually measured all of those details, and meticulously modeled the track to reflect it's real-world counterpart exactly. Thus, like PCars' tiny car selection, the small selection of night and rain tracks is due to the highly detailed approach they were created with.

So which do you want? Detailed cars and simplified weather conditions, or generalized cars and detailed weather conditions?
#879 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:26:06 AM(UTC)
I don't think it's either this or that, there can be some middle ground, that's what many here seem to overlook. For example: Instead of allocating so much manpower to 450+ cars, make it 350+ cars and three more rain / night tracks. It would still be a ridiculous amount of cars and still be more than most other games have. They add new cars on a regular basis. They could also have invested a little more time into things like different daytime for some tracks. That is way less work than night (or even rain) tracks and generates a whole new atmosphere on the track and thus replayability. Especially, since we know 2/3 of the tracks from FM5 already and they probably won't be altered that much. Or at all. Why not go the extra (half) mile and let us choose from morning / mid day / afternoon. I'd rather enjoy this than mods or yet another more 100 cars, to be honest.
 8 users liked this post.
#880 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:33:00 AM(UTC)
I came here for news and found arguments involving number of tracks with and without rain and stuff about other games.

Forza has rain and night racing. The feature has finally arrived. Be happy. Geeze.
 1 user liked this post.
#881 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:08:56 AM(UTC)
I pretty much agree with everyone's argument. I'm both disappointed that Turn 10 can't do dynamic weather and day/night cycles, or provide night and rain on more tracks - and thrilled with the car list and track list. - As well as other features that never made it in FM5.

I only disagree with gairsy101 regarding 30fps. After going back to FH2 to reach tier 8, I found it to be a noticeable difference running at 30fps. (but at least it is consistent) It's definitely less smooth and somewhat distracting. But I found GT6 really bad which is why I sold my PS3 and finally bought an Xbox one. The dynamic time of day change in the GT games is stunning but dropping down to 30fps or less on Bathurst would almost always cause me to crash. ...the same goes for Project Cars. the frame rate drops and studdering was very difficult and distracting - although the graphics and lighting are stunning and features and track list are exceptional.

Forza's locked 60fps makes a big difference! I fully expect FM6 will provide the same great graphics and fluid frame rates while blowing out the car list and track list. Although I wish there were more night and rain tracks, I'm really looking forward to FM6
#882 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:09:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RPM Swerve Go to Quoted Post
I came here for news and found arguments involving number of tracks with and without rain and stuff about other games.

Forza has rain and night racing. The feature has finally arrived. Be happy. Geeze.

I know right.

7 users liked this post.
#883 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:26:48 AM(UTC)
It bothers me how some people are just never happy with things. Turn10 gets roasted with FM5 for not having enough cars and tracks, and for having microtransactions. What do they do? They give us a ton of cars and tracks for FM6 AND night and rain racing. But that's not enough!! It's gotta have more!

Man. I remember the days (yes I'm a little older) of the NES. My parents would spend $60 or more on a game that would last 4 to 8 hours. We didn't complain, we just played the game over and over again. Now we get a 70+ hour career mode, 450 cars with full detail, 26 tracks with variations of each, night and rain racing on SOME (oh my goodness!!!) tracks, free car packs if we preorder, a vast multiplayer system, etc. News flash - $60 in 1987 is equal to $126 in today's money. Nobody is charging anywhere near that much for a new game, even for Ultimate editions and Season Passes. And the budgets are much bigger now than they were back then!

So please, let's everyone try and be a little more grateful and thankful for what we are getting, and keep things in perspective. We could be buying Excitebike for $126.
 5 users liked this post.
#884 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:28:47 AM(UTC)

Finally a mature gamer, little ungrateful kids ruin this great game.
 2 users liked this post.
#885 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:45:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post

Finally a mature gamer, little ungrateful kids ruin this great game.

Lol no I'm not always mature about things, but I know where to pick my battles these days and this isn't one of them. Maybe this would be a good argument if another FM comes out after 6 and the track options are identical.
 3 users liked this post.
#886 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:14:40 AM(UTC)
My gripe personally with this is the way they communicate. It's not not about what's finally in the game or not.
If T10 were open about this from the beginning, no one would be disappointed by finding out there's just six night tracks the way we did now. By some screenshot..

If they were as proud of this as they say, then they should have stated "Hey, it's big, bold etc. and we got 26 tracks of which six can be raced on at night and seven in rainy conditions":

No one would feel let down now. But the way they did it seems a little weird to me. Like they knew some people would think this wasn't enough and thus kept it away from the official numbers before launch.

Either way, I'm looking forward, still. I just think this could have been handled a bit more open.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:23:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#887 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:16:54 AM(UTC)

mic drop, /thread, #wintheinternet and all that. This post is right on the money. I just DO NOT understand this obsession with night racing and wet weather. Yes, it's a nice feature to have because yes, it adds challenge and yes, wet racing especially looks very good graphically. There's SO MUCH MORE here, though, and I'll bet that if the makers of PCars had the licensing agreements that T10 has spent years cultivating, they'd choose having more cars over having more tracks with night racing and weather any day of the week.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:17:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#888 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:53:57 AM(UTC)
I am on Turn 10's side here,
I am glad to see night and rain but I can assure you I will be doing races other than the rain and night. If I want to race them I can just go to a track with what I am looking for. I would rather have an option as compared to no rain or no night. Not everyones world can be perfect at the same time. I love having the new features and can not wait for sept 10th to get here.
 1 user liked this post.
#889 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:01:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M4dd Dogg7 Go to Quoted Post

I know right.
I just put the popcorn on!

#890 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 9:36:16 AM(UTC)
People are crying over not having rain and night on all tracks. ha..Wait till u do it in public lobbies, the way people drive your gonna wish they didn't have it.
Been racing since Forza 1...2005... NOT 2007 like it say's above.
 5 users liked this post.
#891 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:15:14 PM(UTC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GKt5duiEjI
"I got an email from Ian Webster, the PR over at Turn 10 Studios, who sent me an email basically clarifying how community feedback gets received over at Turn 10 Studios. So if you've ever been a person gone on their forums or a YouTube comment, or myself personally, and said 'Hey Forza, why don't you look at doing this:' Well Ian decided to actually give me the insight of what they do. So there's two people who run the PR over at Turn 10 Studios. It's Ian, and Brian Ekberg. These two people work together to take all of the community ideas and sort of put them together into a big spreadsheet. These reports usually contain things on how well their recent announcements have gone, how much buzz they've created, as well as things if there's any new game issues, or what new things the community would like to see in future Forza games. These things are especially prevalent if the game is pre-launch as Forza 6 is. Brian and Ian go on YouTube comments, YouTube videos, the Forza forums, everything like that, compile everyone's ideas and put them into this report that they send over to Dan. Because of the sheer volume they can't really include people's names and a lot of things are doubled over like 'two people want the S14' - they're not going to include two names, they're just going to say 'people want an S14'. Ian wanted to clarify the system that they use and how they go about taking community feedback, and it is something that they use a lot. Something as simple as the Forza racing Leagues, especially working closely with YouTubers and Twitch streamers like myself, that's something that they've heard from users a lot, that people wanted to see. That's cool. So although our requests for Maple Valley, Fujimi Kaido, and an S14 have yet to be answered, they are listening to us."
#892 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:37:05 PM(UTC)
Thanks Max for posting that, some great inside, and answers the often stated post "How come no one at T10 is listening or cares?" They are! Cool!
 2 users liked this post.
#893 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:14:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"I got an email from Ian Webster, the PR over at Turn 10 Studios, who sent me an email basically clarifying how community feedback gets received over at Turn 10 Studios. So if you've ever been a person gone on their forums or a YouTube comment, or myself personally, and said 'Hey Forza, why don't you look at doing this:' Well Ian decided to actually give me the insight of what they do. So there's two people who run the PR over at Turn 10 Studios. It's Ian, and Brian Ekberg. These two people work together to take all of the community ideas and sort of put them together into a big spreadsheet. These reports usually contain things on how well their recent announcements have gone, how much buzz they've created, as well as things if there's any new game issues, or what new things the community would like to see in future Forza games. These things are especially prevalent if the game is pre-launch as Forza 6 is. Brian and Ian go on YouTube comments, YouTube videos, the Forza forums, everything like that, compile everyone's ideas and put them into this report that they send over to Dan. Because of the sheer volume they can't really include people's names and a lot of things are doubled over like 'two people want the S14' - they're not going to include two names, they're just going to say 'people want an S14'. Ian wanted to clarify the system that they use and how they go about taking community feedback, and it is something that they use a lot. Something as simple as the Forza racing Leagues, especially working closely with YouTubers and Twitch streamers like myself, that's something that they've heard from users a lot, that people wanted to see. That's cool. So although our requests for Maple Valley, Fujimi Kaido, and an S14 have yet to be answered, they are listening to us."

Thanks for posting that Max.

I think that T10 clearly has avenues to receive feedback, but one of the big issues a lot of us have is the lack of response we get here. It leads to a great feeling of disconnection between the community and the dev team.

Anyway, I do hope this thread can return to being about news that pops up about FM6 and the complaints and debate can move to more dedicated threads.

Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#894 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:21:13 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - this thread is for FM6 news. Game comparisons can be discussed in the General Xbox Gaming Forum - MM]

Edited by user Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:28:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#895 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:18:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Not sure where Nick gets that me and Brian run the PR from! That's an entirely different team from the community team. I suppose to many though PR and community are pretty interchangable when in fact they have quite different roles.

Oh, we don't have a spreadsheet either :)

Forza EMEA Community Manager
 2 users liked this post.
#896 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:36:39 AM(UTC)
Aww, man, I got all excited thinking about a scene where you and Mechberg were sitting in front of multiple monitors, and there were lots of tabs, and there was techno movie-montage style music playing, and you were coming up with all these rows and columns and charts on a massive spreadsheet...

like in Weird Science! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqjoSfDKnEQ
 4 users liked this post.
#897 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:17:08 PM(UTC)
Let's be real, 75% of the people that race online can't drive cleanly on a dry track in the middle of the day much less at night in the rain. I'm more than happy with the way it is.
#898 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:54:10 PM(UTC)
Forza 6 TV ad:
#899 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:18:49 AM(UTC)
Gamersyde's final preview has gone up, along with footage of Career Mode races and Mods.
 1 user liked this post.
#900 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:33:59 AM(UTC)
Official Launch Trailer at YouTube/Xbox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CXqEHMgiFg
music: "Kings" by Tribe Scoeity
37 Pages<<34353637PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error