This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
37 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 5:53:45 PM(UTC)
*sigh*

Inb4 obligatory tyre partnership speech.
Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 5:58:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diesel Blows Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: II AntR II Go to Quoted Post
They didn´t even bother to change the logo. I wonder if they bothered to actually change the game, too?

Really? People are already criticising a game which dosent exist, I cannot wait for RIDE and F1 this community is not what it used to be...not by a long stretch,

I´m not criticising anything. I´m just asking questions.
The community doesn´t exist anymore.
#28 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:02:24 PM(UTC)
i am looking forward to this, I got an xbox one for Christmas and felt like ive been behind with games. now if only harmonix would announce a next gen rock band. :)
#29 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:03:34 PM(UTC)
Now, I'm not one to get excited... but I literally just squealed and started uncontrollably slapping my thighs in excitement. I couldn't care less about the Fords we're getting, but for some reason I didn't expect another Forza so soon, or even at all for that matter.
Wornburner says NO.
 4 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:08:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: benjidordoni Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TheTrueStein Go to Quoted Post
The news hasn't been out for an hour and already people are whining about the game all over the Forza Motorsport Facebook page. This might be a new record.
People are complaining because

1. they didn't like how a variety of things were handled in FM5, and rightfully so.

2. It's the internet and they have anonymity and an audience.

I am confident FM6 will rectify many of FM5's mistakes, for a variety of reasons.
The real question is, can we get a wishlist thread?

1. I'll admit there were some stumbles at first, but they were all addressed in time to my satisfaction. So many people all over the internet railed about "microtransactions"... save for three (IIRC- Panoramic, West Coast Gold and I Can Do that In a Van) achievements that came down with the Long Beach and Nurburgring updates, you could 100% the game with cars that were included on-disc. People complained about not earning money or XP fast enough, though I'd bet they didn't know a thing about Forza Rewards. To date, I've gotten over 27 million credits and 1.5 million or so worth of cars in FM5 just for a couple clicks on this website.

2. Absolutely, and I enjoy calling people out on their BS... there's clowns on the Facebook page saying "Turn 10 sucks", and I'm like, "then why are you even here?" Who honestly goes through the trouble to pay attention to and follow something they supposedly hate? They're just trolls, plain and simple. Then they get all bent and essentially reveal that they haven't ever played the game in the first place, or they're just a trolling fanboy of some other series or game system.

I'm also confident FM6 will be much more complete right out of the gate... I think FM5 was rushed to make launch and there were a lot of rough edges that needed smoothing over, but between updates and tweaks (as well as a few gifts along the way) I think Turn 10 did a good job once all the dust settled.
#31 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:10:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
now if only harmonix would announce a next gen rock band. :)

OT: if you are super lucky...

Harmonix releases first rock band dlc since 2013

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 6:12:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: can't spell

Talking to brick walls since 2007.
Motivational Poster. Praise Dragnet
#32 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:11:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DUST2DEATH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wh1t3Kn1te Go to Quoted Post
now if only harmonix would announce a next gen rock band. :)

OT: if you are super lucky...

Harmoix releases first rock band dlc since 2013

I read this earlier, and between this and the forza news my head is spinning lol
#33 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:14:27 PM(UTC)
Forza comes out every two years it will be two years this November expect the game too come out then
 5 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:16:22 PM(UTC)
I'm going to contain my excitement, with FM5 being a half finished buggy pile of bits.

I pre-ordered FM3,4 and 5. I will not be pre-ordering 6 until the reviews are in from my peers and we actually find out if we get a complete game with things like lobby points sorting and distance meters this time. I'm sure beardy dan will bleat on about how they've added corrosion modelling to brake discs, while completely dodging any questions about features the community who actually race have been requesting for years or that worked well in FM2.

I sincerely hope my cynicism is misplaced, but I'm not willing to bet any of my hard earned on it this time...
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:16:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SCS Skreamies Go to Quoted Post
The news hasn't been out for an hour and already people are whining about the game all over the Forza Motorsport Facebook page. This might be a new record.

People are complaining because

1. they didn't like how a variety of things were handled in FM5, and rightfully so.

2. It's the internet and they have anonymity and an audience.

I am confident FM6 will rectify many of FM5's mistakes, for a variety of reasons.
The real question is, can we get a wishlist thread?

What do you think the Forza Motorsport 5 wishlist is for? It's for people to ask for what they want in the future of the game, so we will probably be seeing some things that were asked for in the Forza Motorsport 5 wishlist for Forza Motorsport 6

By that logic, why did they need a wishlist thread for FM4 if there was one for FM3?
More characters than sense.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:17:24 PM(UTC)
I can't wait!!!!!☺
 5 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:17:58 PM(UTC)
How Forza Motorsport 6 can easily be a master piece.

-25+ TRACKS
-350+ cars
-Auction House
-Storefront
-Forza vista Online
-DAY AND NIGHT CYCLE + Weather
-Improved car physics
-Improved Drivavatar system
-Better lighting
-Better cockpit view and sense of speed
-Better cockpit lighting(take notes from Driveclub)
-Better car Headlights and taillight details
-Car SELF-Reflection
-Ambient occlusions, replacing the ugly baked shadow underneath the car
-EVERYTHING Dynamic
-And please.. 3d trees and crowds in 3d.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 6:18:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:22:58 PM(UTC)
Forza Motorsport 5 was a whole new game running on a new engine on a brand new console. They listened and they fixed what needed to be fixed. Now that they've had time to learn the console better everything should be fine and dandy at launch for Forza Motorsport 6.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Totlxtc Go to Quoted Post
Reserving judgment till first week of launch.

Very much so. Someone needs to buy it so we can find out if its any good. Shall we pull straws? 😉
 9 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:26:38 PM(UTC)

And you wonder why? Like you i've been posting here since 2009 and since then we've had three Forza Motorsport games and two Forza Horizon games. The progress between the Motorsport games has been very little, FM3 went backwards other than graphics and the slight tweak in physics- FM4 was what FM3 should have been. FM5 was a shambles of a game, use the excuse of it being released for a new console all you like, it doesn't change that it's a bad game with little to zero community features.

Where as, Forza Horizon was a great game. People who had played Forza Motorsport 4 previously thought the game was a waste- but if you looked at it how it was supposed to be taken as (i.e. a Horizon game, not a Motorsport game) it was actually quite a spectacular game for it being the first of the series. Forza Horizon 2 builds on this leaps and bounds, and I can safely say the only reason I bought my X1 was for FH2. FM5 didn't excite me in anyway.

People are expecting more of the same from Turn 10, as much as I'm a die-hard Forza fan and I will support T10 completely- even I can admit that I'm not getting hyped up over a game that has taken such a large step backwards in terms of what the core features of a Forza game were. We want the auction house, the storefront, user-created lobbies and pretty much everything else you'll remember from FM4. But at the same time, I want to see the weather system from FH2, the day/night cycles. We know it's more than possible on this new system, now it's up to T10 to deliver the goods.

Also, not to turn this into a wishlist-esque post, but we've had the same bodykits in this game since FM3. Most of those were taken from FM1. We don't live in a world where people still actively put Bomex, Wings West and DoLuck aero on their cars. BN Sports, PS Duce, GP Sports, Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk, RWB etc- I know for a fact that the employees at T10 see the same things we do on the automotive blogs from around the world. So why don't they act on this and get these things into the game? If they're all "car enthusiasts" as Dan makes them out to be, then they should be unhappy with the poor early 2000's choice of aero and wheels that we have.

Either way,

I'm not going to get hyped for a game that's gotten too big for it's boots and stopped interacting with it's community. I remember the days where the devs would come on here and post exactly how we do, every single day. They would sign on and update their own livery threads, or post photos of their new cars, or even interact with members of their clubs/teams. That was when the community for this game thrived. It's died out since the release of the One.

#41 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:26:50 PM(UTC)
NICE! Can't wait!
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:27:03 PM(UTC)

By that logic, why did they need a wishlist thread for FM4 if there was one for FM3?

I probably just screwed this quote up, it goes like this.

1. FM1 wishlist
2. Things may get put into FM2
3. FM2 wishlist
3. Things may get put into FM3
4. FM3 wishlist
5. Things may get put into FM4
6. FM4 wishlist
7. Things may get put in FM5

and so on.
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
 3 users liked this post.
#43 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:33:23 PM(UTC)
Ok we need a Forza6 forum. :)
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:35:25 PM(UTC)
I think I'll stick with the racing game that comes out in March. Forza Motorsport has run it's course in my eyes.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 6:58:42 PM(UTC)
Good news, hope Turn10 listened to the gripes and kudos and blend the two into a great game.
#46 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:02:25 PM(UTC)

As long as it has Weather/Day and Night settings for the tracks and a whole lot more cars and tracks, then I'll still buy it.

Even though Forza 5 was light on tracks and cars it still had a FANTASTIC handling engine and the laser scanned tracks were breathtaking.

One small thing though. I hope they focus a bit more on customisation.

More body kit options for the cars, more wheel options and the ability to FINALLY adjust offset.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:08:42 PM(UTC)
Better have wet weather and day/night racing and LOTS of tracks!!

Looking forward to it
#48 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:28:15 PM(UTC)
I'm intrigued. I will wait until we hear more information though before I decide if it's worth the preorder. Only time will tell,

Cheers,
Ace
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:29:55 PM(UTC)
LOL at how people are demanding stuff already!
#50 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 7:30:13 PM(UTC)
Can't wait... Where can i find the Car Wishlist, i want them add the Nissan S14 but switch it from the Zenki to the Kouki version.
37 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error