4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 3:57:02 AM(UTC)
*Edit*
This was gonna be a thread for traffic, and still is but please post anything you like(as long as it's clean) and have fun.

I've been taking photos in FH2 for a few months now and have my own gallery,(feel free to visit:))so sometimes I've seen a traffic car and taken a pic.
So my idea (I don't have many) is to have a gallery just for these important and sometimes annoying part of Horizons world.
I thought it would be great if others could post any interesting shots they have and we'll see where this goes.
Anyway, here's a couple to get the ball(hopefully) rolling......

VW BORA V6

FORD KA

Edited by user Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:55:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added another car

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:02:10 AM(UTC)
Great idea Sergi kind of a challenge aswell it's not easy to take good pictures of traffic cars being low res and all
Great start with the bora! I'll be back with whatever I can cook up

Edit

First quick go

Edited by user Sunday, January 11, 2015 12:50:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 5:29:24 AM(UTC)
Welcome aboard Hooker, nice shot.
I'm now following traffic cars for the right light etc......Lol

AUDI S4

MERC A200 TURBO

VW FOX

VW GOLF VR6

MERC C32 AMG

TOYOTA YARIS S

Feedback and your own photos very welcome

#4 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 10:21:12 AM(UTC)

Traffic 1
by BrickBre4ker, on Flickr

#5 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:11:44 AM(UTC)
I don't have any saved photos of traffic cars - I took pictures of them solely for the Horizon Promo challenge. However, are we counting Drivatar vehicles as traffic cars? If we are I have tons to post. Some of my favorite shots came from Drivatar vehicles I passed. If they count then I'll post them.

Cheers,
Ace
#6 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:21:46 AM(UTC)
Sorry Ace but no drivatars (crashatars) allowed, you'll have to get busy with your camera mate.

Edited by user Monday, January 12, 2015 11:22:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 3:24:19 PM(UTC)
Allow me to make a case for the Drivatars. As much as I agree with your crashatars statement, they appear in many different vehicles. Some of them are vehicles that you don't have (i.e. DLC, retail pre-order bonuses, etc.) There are a limited number of traffic cars available and they typically aren't anything special when compared to the vehicles you the player drive. Because of the random nature of Drivatars and NPC, I believe that they are one and the same, as neither is controlled by the player. Besides, I think that because Drivatars drive similar vehicles to you, they allow for greater possiblities.

Just a suggestion. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Ace
#8 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 3:41:45 PM(UTC)
I think what his aim is is to photograph only traffic cars as they are less detailed, something a bit different and not something most people would bother with but when done well can be quite cool. Whereas drivatars are just NPC cars that you can buy and drive in the game.

#9 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2015 11:48:29 PM(UTC)
Dear Ace,
You give great points for the inclusion of drivatars. However I think Jxsey summed up the idea of this thread perfectly.
How about a compromise? Post some normal traffic pics and add a few drivatars too if you wish.
I think they should be clearly named as such though.
I'm not God (he's got his own gallery) so it's really up to the poster.
Be nice to have you here
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:41:02 AM(UTC)
I seem to be only taking front or backend shots for some reason, anyway...

Subaru Legacy

#11 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 3:20:05 AM(UTC)
Quite like this one,

Anyone got better?
#12 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 5:26:52 AM(UTC)

personally I think the yaris shot is the best so far...

Edited by user Friday, January 16, 2015 5:29:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 5:30:13 AM(UTC)
Unfortunately, I don't have any saved photos of traffic cars, so this post is all Drivatar vehicles. I still see them as traffic vehicles because currently Drivatars' cars are just a random algorithm, meaning that there is no reflection of what the player's vehicle preferences are by their Drivatar's car. The majority of these photos can be found in my gallery (link in my sig), so these photo's aren't that new. Let me know what you think.

I know these photos aren't really what this thread was intended for, but this is the best I could do.

Cheers,
Ace
#14 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 1:50:42 PM(UTC)
Nice one Hooker,I like the light dancing across the Alfa.

Ace, You know I love the bell air and Stingray shots already.

The Renault 5 B&w is wicked too.

Thanks for posting my friend.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:12:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 3:15:38 AM(UTC)
A few more I found on my travels,

#16 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 7:20:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sergi01978 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not God (he's got his own gallery) . . .

lol! ;)

Just discovered this thread. I'll probably contribute from time to time. Since NPCs (non-playable cars) aren't my primary focus, it'll most likely be only 1 to 2 shots at a time.

Edited by user Monday, January 19, 2015 7:59:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
-8:00 PST
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:56:01 AM(UTC)
Here's a couple of mine. Not the best as I was mostly focusing on other cars / scenery.
I'll defs get some better ones up sometime.
Great thread!

#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:36:54 AM(UTC)
Nice work AG & HeyDayjordan (gonna have to shorten your name somehow), looks like this thread might have a future after all!

I'm gonna take a leaf out of Ace's book and post this. It's a drivatar car..........

#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:20:37 AM(UTC)
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:44:04 AM(UTC)
Wicked shot SCARKID
Could be 2 Royal mail vans racing back to the depot!
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 3:31:08 AM(UTC)
Mother Trucker.....

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 4:30:41 AM(UTC)
Now THAT'S a traffic vehicle Sergi0. I've never really encountered the trucks. I get the buses more commonly.

Cheers,
Ace
#23 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 9:19:09 PM(UTC)
Gotta agree with Ace. That's fantastic traffic shot, Sergi0!

Here's one that I found pretty recently:

British Columbia, Canada
-8:00 PST
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 3:30:52 AM(UTC)
Cheer's Lads,.
Hey AG you got 2 for the price of 1 in your shot!

Like this one cos my surname is Harris

#25 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 7:42:31 AM(UTC)
Solid work Sergi0. There's not a shot among those three that I don't like. The winner for me has to be the first shot though, as the colours and aperture are just on point. I'm interested to see if anybody else posts in this thread or if this is going to stay as a private sort of thing.

Cheers,
Ace
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error