2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:55:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Makes a bit more sense. This is one of the instances it may be worth it to add a race box, as all you are doing is adding tunability and removing a small amount of weight for 1 pi. Most instances it cost much more than that. This is not typical and more often then not the cost of the race gearbox is much more expensive than that in pi cost. You found the anomaly not the norm.

However, as worm was saying, those statistics on the left should be ignored. I use none of that or the telemetry to tune and have turned out top 20 or better tunes only by feel.

There is no doubt about it that PTG and everyone I thank in my tune posts and more are better tuners and drivers. But I go a different route, anyways, the one thing I wanted to say is that in Horizon 2 is not uncommon to switch to AWD. That switch usually brings the race transmission down to 1 or 2 PI cost. So for me it is a smart choice, in Horizon 2, when going AWD.

My completely open source tunes for: Forza Motorsport 5 & Forza Horizon 2.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:20:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spot The Kitty Go to Quoted Post

There is no doubt about it that PTG and everyone I thank in my tune posts and more are better tuners and drivers. But I go a different route, anyways, the one thing I wanted to say is that in Horizon 2 is not uncommon to switch to AWD. That switch usually brings the race transmission down to 1 or 2 PI cost. So for me it is a smart choice, in Horizon 2, when going AWD.

I thought you were comparing stock to race transmission without the drivetrain swap.

With the drivetrain swap yes it is a different story.
I blame the ants.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 3:48:15 PM(UTC)
Still wouldn't do it.

1-2 PI points can be 30 pounds off of a car in wheels, extra tire width, it can be 4 hp, it can be a lot of things that are worth far more than gearing in anything not a Honda or '03 Celica. In a lot of cases I would take a rim diameter increase that adds weight to the vehicle over a transmission upgrade.

I would absolutely love to put a race gearbox in every car and have always wished it to be beneficial but game after game it is not.
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:16:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BIG W0RM 80 Go to Quoted Post
Still wouldn't do it.

1-2 PI points can be 30 pounds off of a car in wheels, extra tire width, it can be 4 hp, it can be a lot of things that are worth far more than gearing in anything not a Honda or '03 Celica. In a lot of cases I would take a rim diameter increase that adds weight to the vehicle over a transmission upgrade.

I would absolutely love to put a race gearbox in every car and have always wished it to be beneficial but game after game it is not.

Usually the only time I do put in the race transmission is when I'm getting a car to a sufficiently high class and it's getting all the engine upgrades anyways. Typically S2 and X and I don't have a whole pot of cars there. Most of my cars end up in B and A and maybe S1.
User is suspended until 7/5/2042 11:21:58 AM(UTC)
#30 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 8:28:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spot The Kitty Go to Quoted Post
But I go a different route, anyways, the one thing I wanted to say is that in Horizon 2 is not uncommon to switch to AWD. That switch usually brings the race transmission down to 1 or 2 PI cost. So for me it is a smart choice, in Horizon 2, when going AWD.

That's because drivetrain swaps automatically come equipped with a 6 speed with adjustable final drive as the "stock" transmission. This is reflected in the PI when you apply the swap. So while it may only cost a couple PI to upgrade to a fully customizable race gearbox, you've already added as much as a dozen PI by applying a new drivetrain w/ 6 speed.

It's for this reason that I generally like to stick to native AWD and RWD vehicles in lieu of drivetrain swaps. I've made a handful of AWD conversions that do well against AI and your average online players, but when I use them in rivals mode I find that they are rarely competitive against other cars in my garage. This is especially noticeable in lower classes. A typical AWD conversion adds PI and weight with the trade off being improved launch and acceleration. These stats are relative though, because I can keep the same car RWD, add power and wider rear tires and with proper throttle control I am able to catch up to my AWD ghost before shifting into 3rd gear.

Edited by user Friday, November 21, 2014 10:06:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#31 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 1:28:03 PM(UTC)
I wanted to know what the Default gears for 7, 9, 10 and 12 speed is ?
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error