5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2014 4:35:37 AM(UTC)
I had a ridiculous amount of difficulty doing the Huayra... perfect runs only ever got me 319 km/h. Even over 40+ attempts
Came on the forum for some tips and saw that the 322km/h is a round 200mph, made me wonder... 3rd attempt with display set to Imperial got me through (first traffic free run). Makes me wonder if the conversion is working against metric users. Otherwise it was a timely coincidence for me.
None of the other challenges took more than 5 attempts.
For the SS at the golf course, head for the highway and head East. Near misses will get you the skill points easily.
Mustang at docks, there's a run of jumps south, parallel to the water. Do the jumps, 180 and burnout to keep the chain, then head over the jumps in the opposite direction. Repeat until you have the points.
#102 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2014 1:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnergiserX Go to Quoted Post
3rd attempt with display set to Imperial got me through (first traffic free run). Makes me wonder if the conversion is working against metric users.

I'm sure it was coincidence. The lack of traffic and a good line's what did it.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#103 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2014 2:14:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EnergiserX Go to Quoted Post
3rd attempt with display set to Imperial got me through (first traffic free run). Makes me wonder if the conversion is working against metric users.

I'm sure it was coincidence. The lack of traffic and a good line's what did it.

Not really; just after the release of FH2, I read similar posts on several forums that Speed-buckets were more easily done on Imperial. Even worse, the latest Bucket List with the Subaru Legacy, I needed to get 177kph on average. I paid very close attention and passed the post at 177.28kph and it didn't give me the completion. Tried again on Imperial with .03mph over requirement and it worked.

Other people I know have experienced similar behavior; driving "worse" in Imperial gives a better unlock-rate than driving "better" on metric.
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:22:07 PM(UTC)
Does anyone have any suggestions for #14 and #15? I did every other challenge in the list easily, but I can NOT do these two. Like others, I can't do drifting, I don't know what needs to be on/off and I have no idea how to drift in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#105 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:40:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SirEzhno Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for #14 and #15? I did every other challenge in the list easily, but I can NOT do these two. Like others, I can't do drifting, I don't know what needs to be on/off and I have no idea how to drift in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Do as I did, get a friend to do them for you :)
I got one of Club Gemma's top drivers to come to my house to do them for me,
It's a bit extreme I know but they are done now without me pulling any more of my hair out !
Girl racers rule
#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:54:34 PM(UTC)

If you want to drift easier then turn Traction Control and Stability control off, you'll have to control the throttle to get a good drift going, but it'll be easier

#107 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:37:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hot Gemma Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: G3neral Carn4ge Go to Quoted Post
If you want to drift easier then turn Traction Control and Stability control off, you'll have to control the throttle to get a good drift going, but it'll be easier

I've give this a try, thanks. I usually either end up spinning in a circle or can't manage to stay on the road with it. No idea how people can.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:47:04 PM(UTC)

I've give this a try, thanks. I usually either end up spinning in a circle or can't manage to stay on the road with it. No idea how people can.

Steer into the drift.

Example:

Drive up to a left hand turn.

Steer left and maybe tap the ebrake so the car starts to drift.

Steer right and use gas to keep the tyres spinning. The car should maintain its slide but with the wheels crossed up.

I blame the ants.
#109 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:59:23 AM(UTC)
I have so many problems with the skill challenges (knocked out all others and had tons of fun with it)... can someone explain to me how to get high rates? For example, can I make a drift, then a burn-out and another drift and would this rise the points substantially? Or do I have to use different ones to raise the score? If I have to use different ones, which are applicable?

I am sorry if I sound like a newbie... I am an ok racer, but drifting and skills elude me. Are there videos available that can teach me?
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#110 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:15:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hot Gemma Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: G3neral Carn4ge Go to Quoted Post

It is true ,I cannot drift to save my life
Girl racers rule
#111 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:09:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
I have so many problems with the skill challenges (knocked out all others and had tons of fun with it)... can someone explain to me how to get high rates? For example, can I make a drift, then a burn-out and another drift and would this rise the points substantially? Or do I have to use different ones to raise the score? If I have to use different ones, which are applicable?

I am sorry if I sound like a newbie... I am an ok racer, but drifting and skills elude me. Are there videos available that can teach me?

First thing you need to worry about is keep the chain going.

You can drift right until its about to stop drifting and then drift left. Your score will go higher if you at least alternate different moves.

I usually do large donuts in bushes as you get drift, landscaping, air, sideswipes and a few others.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:32:49 PM(UTC)
YYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Finally just beat them all! These were a doozy!! Like everyone mentioned above the SS, Huayra, and M4 are, BY FAR, the hardest with a few others being a real pain.

Huayra - 200 mph Speed Trap
I couldn't get 200 mph using my typical automatic (right at the speed trap it seems to shift up to 7th most of the time), so I had to usual manual. To get done I had to hit the left-hand bank turn no less than 138 mph. Actually, you can break rather early and apex early too (by mid-turn I was hard on the gas). Try not to break (but may let off accelerator) on the immediately following right hand slight turn, but after than you should be flooring it. (Note: If by the intersection right after that right-hand soft turn you're not right around 170 mph then forget it and start over) Finally, during the home stretch I left it in 6th and maxed out. Keep on the gas, and pray to the racing gods you make it through at 200!
As posted previously, this person has a nice demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6h10Mocjhw

SS Chevy - 150k Skill in 3 minutes
I despised skill challenges because I wasn't any good at drifting; that is, until I completed this! LOL! Forget the golf course and just head for the freeway to the south. When you arrive, bust a U-ey and floor it doing near misses, needle-threading, etc. From time to time you may have to e-drift to keep the skill chain going. Note: It seems to help if you start you chain from the very beginning, but that requires a lot of drifting until you get to the freeway. If you leave the chain until the free you need to be almost perfect because of the time requirement, so pick your poison.

BMW M4 - 65 mph Speed Zone
I did mine the regular way (uphill). The trick is actually at the beginning. Get as much speed as possible coming into the zone. By the time you start breaking for the first turn you should be at about 95+ mph, and coming out of that first turn you MUST be over 60 mph. Then floor it, break late, and turn hard into the last turn and you should make it. But really, the faster you go into the zone at the beginning the easier this becomes. Oh yeah, and F^*K traffic getting in the way!
Nice demo, also posted previously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzPAMfWHd84

Other Challenge Notes
Jag & Airstrip - Like someone else posted, I found if you ditch the side dirt road the GPS wants you to follow and head kinda straight for the bridge (you'll go very few trees) it shaves off time. Also when you pass through the airport gates, forget the GPS line and cut straight through.
Mustang @ Docks - Jump, drift to other jumps, drift again, and jump again. Rinse & repeat in a big oval.
370z in Nice - Just try and hammer through the two turns as one big long one so you have momentum and get get on the gas coming out of the 2nd turn.

Hope some of this helps!
BTW: This person has some great demos of all the bucket lists. Not the methods I used, but he/she gets them done anyway. As of the time of my post, DJ hadn't posted all of the third bucket list. videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/DJKustoms/featured

Edited by user Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:34:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/7/2042 2:18:44 PM(UTC)
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:33:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lavelle TFA Go to Quoted Post
YYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Finally just beat them all! These were a doozy!! Like everyone mentioned above the SS, Huayra, and M4 are, BY FAR, the hardest with a few others being a real pain.

I couldn't get 200 mph using my typical automatic (right at the speed trap it seems to shift up to 7th most of the time), so I had to usual manual. To get done I had to hit the left-hand bank turn no less than 138 mph. Actually, you can break rather early and apex early too (by mid-turn I was hard on the gas). Try not to break (but may let off accelerator) on the immediately following right hand slight turn, but after than you should be flooring it. (Note: If by the intersection right after that right-hand soft turn you're not right around 170 mph then forget it and start over) Finally, during the home stretch I left it in 6th and maxed out. Keep on the gas, and pray to the racing gods you make it through at 200!
As posted previously, this person has a nice demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6h10Mocjhw

I despised skill challenges because I wasn't any good at drifting; that is, until I completed this! LOL! Forget the golf course and just head for the freeway to the south. When you arrive, bust a U-ey and floor it doing near misses, needle-threading, etc. From time to time you may have to e-drift to keep the skill chain going. Note: It seems to help if you start you chain from the very beginning, but that requires a lot of drifting until you get to the freeway. If you leave the chain until the free you need to be almost perfect because of the time requirement, so pick your poison.

I did mine the regular way (uphill). The trick is actually at the beginning. Get as much speed as possible coming into the zone. By the time you start breaking for the first turn you should be at about 95+ mph, and coming out of that first turn you MUST be over 60 mph. Then floor it, break late, and turn hard into the last turn and you should make it. But really, the faster you go into the zone at the beginning the easier this becomes. Oh yeah, and F^*K traffic getting in the way!

Other Challenge Notes
Jag & Airstrip - Like someone else posted, I found if you ditch the side dirt road the GPS wants you to follow and head kinda straight for the bridge (you'll go very few trees) it shaves off time. Also when you pass through the airport gates, forget the GPS line and cut straight through.
Mustang @ Docks - Jump, drift to other jumps, drift again, and jump again. Rinse & repeat in a big oval.
370z in Nice - Just try and hammer through the two turns as one big long one so you have momentum and get get on the gas coming out of the 2nd turn.

Hope some of this helps!
BTW: This person has some great demos of all the bucket lists. Not the methods I used, but he/she gets them done anyway. As of the time of my post, DJ hadn't posted all of the third bucket list. videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/DJKustoms/featured

Nice post, im taking notes

#114 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:26:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lavelle TFA Go to Quoted Post

Other Challenge Notes

Hope some of this helps!

The SS at the golf course has been causing me trouble but your strategy is exactly what I've been thinking I ought to try. I was winding up on the road eventually but I need to get there sooner.
#115 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:31:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: emorphien Go to Quoted Post

The SS at the golf course has been causing me trouble but your strategy is exactly what I've been thinking I ought to try. I was winding up on the road eventually but I need to get there sooner.

The SS is even easier is you head to Nice (I think) and just wreck / drift / near miss everything in the town. Even in coop (where you need to get 300K points), we managed to amass 325K with over a minute remaining on the clock.
#116 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 5:14:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OctagonQontrol Go to Quoted Post

The SS is even easier is you head to Nice (I think) and just wreck / drift / near miss everything in the town. Even in coop (where you need to get 300K points), we managed to amass 325K with over a minute remaining on the clock.

Yeah I got it a little while ago after I stopped, looked at the map and made my way to the highway.
#117 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 3:13:13 AM(UTC)
For the SS, I didnt go more than 50 feet from where I started. Theres a fountain right there with a drive all the way around it. Just drift in circle around the thing and take out a few lamp posts and tables/chairs for sideswipe points. Youll have it in no time.

"I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you." - Ricky Bobby
#118 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 6:08:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ssrdemo Go to Quoted Post
For the SS, I didnt go more than 50 feet from where I started. Theres a fountain right there with a drive all the way around it. Just drift in circle around the thing and take out a few lamp posts and tables/chairs for sideswipe points. Youll have it in no time.

That was the first thing I tried, I don't appear to be that good at controlling the SS!

Just did the Huayra, does take a few tries to get the right lines to keep the speed up, especially with traffic. Had a couple starts I just had to abandon entirely because of traffic cars in awful places.
#119 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 2:28:40 PM(UTC)
That was the first thing I tried, I don't appear to be that good at controlling the SS!

Just did the Huayra, does take a few tries to get the right lines to keep the speed up, especially with traffic. Had a couple starts I just had to abandon entirely because of traffic cars in awful places.

Leave the golf course. Go straight to the long highway and do near misses and the like. You can also hit the two trashcans (and other wreckage) at the fountain when you leave to get ~2,500 going. Just do small e-drifts on your way to the highway as needed and you can maintain a really long chain. The big problem is that it is still raining, so the near misses are a little more difficult than usual. That said, you don't have to do it into oncoming traffic (I didn't).
#120 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2014 2:43:17 AM(UTC)

Leave the golf course. Go straight to the long highway and do near misses and the like. You can also hit the two trashcans (and other wreckage) at the fountain when you leave to get ~2,500 going. Just do small e-drifts on your way to the highway as needed and you can maintain a really long chain. The big problem is that it is still raining, so the near misses are a little more difficult than usual. That said, you don't have to do it into oncoming traffic (I didn't).

I'd reccomend going against traffic nonetheless, as the "degree" of skill (great, awesome, etc) is based on the combined speed. This also means you don't have to drive as fast.

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error