5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:41:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PPiDrive Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RagingRoach67 Go to Quoted Post
Have to admit, I'm struggling with the Chevy SS one. I keep coming up 3-6k short :/

I cheated on this one. I can never keep up my combos on the off road courses like this, not as many jumps like the original golf course. So I just headed out back to the highway and did plenty of near misses, drifts, threading the needle, etc. Works fine. I find the bucket list more of a suggestion than an absolute guideline =D

Genius, wish I tried that lol

I tore up the start area, chain-drifted to the golf course entrance, and alternated between eating fence and drifts/burnouts on the road.

I had a hard time keeping one continuous chain in this car so I too resorted to mediocre drifts and lots of fence wreckage.

I've finished 10/15 now and will try the rest later tonight. Someone asked about the Mustang - how many points must you get? The Mustang is a much easier car to drift and slide around than the SS, and the docks are a pretty neat place. I don't imagine it being too much of a pain to do the mustang challenge. To note, if you're having a hard time with the Mustang try leaving the docks and heading to he intersection near the entrance - there is a large swath of grass there you can use with no obstacles in it.

The Stang challenge is tough,, but not compared to the Chevy. Way easier to rack up points at the docks.

Of course it's easier. It's in a car much better suited for skills rather than serious racing.
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:16:21 PM(UTC)
I just finished all 15 of them. The G Shock 370z and M4 challenges were definitely the hardest, took multiple attempts. I wish I had thought about going backwards through the speed zone with the M4 before!

Are there any rewards for completing the bucket list? The achievement says to complete it then claim your reward... but what reward? A jar of blood pressure pills?

🇨🇦
#53 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:50:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KTVDS Go to Quoted Post
I just finished all 15 of them. The G Shock 370z and M4 challenges were definitely the hardest, took multiple attempts. I wish I had thought about going backwards through the speed zone with the M4 before!

Are there any rewards for completing the bucket list? The achievement says to complete it then claim your reward... but what reward? A jar of blood pressure pills?

I'm attempting the G-Shock one again and it's my last one. It is by far the most frustrating because of all of the traffic. If there was no traffic, it'd be easier. I can't even remove traffic and drivatars by going to private free roam because then you need two drivers.

I still stand by my opinion that most of these were medium, not hard, on SOLO but I know that the hard rating definitely stands once you attempt this in Multiplayer because there simply won't be room for error. Both drivers will need a near perfect run to pass most of these challenges.

EDIT: WOOHOO DID IT! No thanks to a lucky rewind that made the two traffic cars vanish, but nonetheless, it's done. 101.36

Edited by user Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:56:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:55:37 AM(UTC)
Just finished them all, woo! Some of those were pretty damn hard. I like the ones that feel like puzzles, and once you solve them they're relatively easy.
User is suspended until 4/7/2042 2:16:59 PM(UTC)
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:07:46 AM(UTC)
I got them all, thanks for the CR
#56 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:35:09 AM(UTC)

I'm attempting the G-Shock one again and it's my last one. It is by far the most frustrating because of all of the traffic. If there was no traffic, it'd be easier. I can't even remove traffic and drivatars by going to private free roam because then you need two drivers.

I still stand by my opinion that most of these were medium, not hard, on SOLO but I know that the hard rating definitely stands once you attempt this in Multiplayer because there simply won't be room for error. Both drivers will need a near perfect run to pass most of these challenges.

EDIT: WOOHOO DID IT! No thanks to a lucky rewind that made the two traffic cars vanish, but nonetheless, it's done. 101.36

Yeah the traffic seems strategically placed to ruin your day, congrats on the completion!

🇨🇦
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:25:58 AM(UTC)
I completed all of them on the day of the update and got no achievement, so I went back and did 1 of them again and bingo! achievement and cr in the bank, sweet

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:26:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling duhh

Girl racers rule
#58 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:52:47 AM(UTC)

So resorted to the windback feature. Pure cheat in my book turn it off. I know it's in game but why I don't know.
Never used it myself on any Forza games.

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:53:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Keep it on the Black stuff.
User is suspended until 4/19/2042 12:30:56 PM(UTC)
#59 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:55:24 AM(UTC)
The rewind is a gift from the gods
Girl racers rule
#60 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:54:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: miniw76 Go to Quoted Post

So resorted to the windback feature. Pure cheat in my book turn it off. I know it's in game but why I don't know.

There's nothing wrong with using the rewind feature. I simply got lucky that the traffic car disappeared. Had it not, I would have restarted and tried some more and gotten it an attempt or two later. Rewind is not a magic button that suddenly makes you better. It is an eraser that allows you to correct a minor error without having to waste your time of going through all the menus and running another attempt. If you cannot complete the task, turning on rewind won't grant you special abilities and allow you to suddenly finish.

I think it's silly to so adamantly refuse to use a feature in the game that is meant to help you, and save you time. If for not reason at all, my time is important to me and I don't always have endless hours to spend enjoying Forza Horizon 2. If I can save myself 5 minutes by using rewind 1 time, that's 5 more minutes I can play the game rather than sit in loading screens and menus. It may not seem like a lot, but it adds up. I'm not trying to say I sit there and spam the rewind button all the time because that is also not true. The truth is, most of the time I don't need it, but there'w always that pesky traffic car that spawns in front of you, that tree you may barely ding and mess up, or that bump that sends you tumbling through the air and it's nice to rewind a couple seconds and avoid the situation so you can keep playing.

Hopefully, that helps you understand why I use rewind on occasion. Best of luck in your future races, and have a great time in FH2.
User is suspended until 4/7/2042 2:16:59 PM(UTC)
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:57:10 AM(UTC)
I must of rewound the buckets 100s of times, so what I got them all in the end, I'm happy
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:05:01 AM(UTC)
Some of them are challenging, the M5 one for example, its slow therefore while im waiting for the oncoming traffic i have to E-drift (no signs or trash to hit) to keep the chain going and then that slows it down and then I dont get the oncoming traffic one since the speed has reduced due to the E-Drift. Also the SS Sport skill chain one, with the RS200 it was easy on the golf course but this one in the rain is harder, does anyone have any tips? I've got all the perks too

#63 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:10:24 AM(UTC)
Got the SS done with 45s left on the clock. Had to give it a few tries but then I just drove forward (where the "cage"/net is, a bit to the right, get 2-3 jumps, drift through the fences and then back and do it all over again. If done with concentration (found it a bit hard to get the car do what I want (on wet grass)) this is do-able.
I keep my fingers crossed for you.
Fuel your fantasy
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:49:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KO771 Go to Quoted Post
Got the SS done with 45s left on the clock. Had to give it a few tries but then I just drove forward (where the "cage"/net is, a bit to the right, get 2-3 jumps, drift through the fences and then back and do it all over again. If done with concentration (found it a bit hard to get the car do what I want (on wet grass)) this is do-able.
I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, I did something similar, after the jumps normally i'd e drift or hit the fence to keep the chain going, or try and get a 180 degree skill, but because its raining it doesnt accelerate well, so by the time in reverse i get to the jump the chains ended lol -__-

#65 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:29:53 PM(UTC)
Hi buddies !

I need some tips for the huayra's one impossible to be shoot at 322 kph ( no idea in mph ), TCS and co are disabled.
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:58:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ADN Little Go to Quoted Post
Hi buddies !

I need some tips for the huayra's one impossible to be shoot at 322 kph ( no idea in mph ), TCS and co are disabled.

Leave the start and cut through the trees. There is a house on the road leading down yo the speed zone. Come onto the road on the left of house and it's an easy straight shot through the speed trap.

Originally Posted by: G3neral Carn4ge Go to Quoted Post
Some of them are challenging, the M5 one for example, its slow therefore while im waiting for the oncoming traffic i have to E-drift (no signs or trash to hit) to keep the chain going and then that slows it down and then I dont get the oncoming traffic one since the speed has reduced due to the E-Drift. Also the SS Sport skill chain one, with the RS200 it was easy on the golf course but this one in the rain is harder, does anyone have any tips? I've got all the perks too

The car is more set up for road driving and actual racing. It likes to grip but will spin easily if the speed is low and rpms are high. You need to be disciplined on the throttle and get one long skill chain to get the points. There are fences you can drift through for points. What I did was skill chain my way to the road and then smash the fence following it onto the golf course. Get some jumps and keep smashing the fence on the other side.

Overall, it's really a challenge in throttle discipline and maintaining your speed, much like the bmw m5 but with a faster car.
#67 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:34:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ADN Little Go to Quoted Post
Hi buddies !

There is a video earlier in the thread showing the right line to take the left hander which makes or breaks the run (using the direct route).
I blame the ants.
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:47:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: miniw76 Go to Quoted Post

Using a feature that's been put into the game is cheating nowdays? Beat the guy in a race before you criticize his driving ;)

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:49:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:46:39 PM(UTC)
Nice tips guys !

Thanks a lot !

I'm good i've finished easy The others execpt the G-Shock's one ( ia traffic random spawn -_- )

Thanks again ! :-)
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:55:05 PM(UTC)
Beat the guy in a race before you criticize his driving ;)

Pick me, pick me, pick me ;)
I blame the ants.
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:21:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for that B Wald.

*looks out over crowd* "You sir, the gentleman in the hat. SatNiteEduardo." If I chose you, does that mean I get to keep you in a little pokeball as well?
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:41:41 PM(UTC)

*looks out over crowd* "You sir, the gentleman in the hat. SatNiteEduardo." If I chose you, does that mean I get to keep you in a little pokeball as well?

Actually he stays in a 1/32 scale VW Beetle painted to look like a pokeball.

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:06:08 PM(UTC)

Actually he stays in a 1/32 scale VW Beetle painted to look like a pokeball.

As long as I can take him with me, leave him on my shelf, and send him out t do Rivals events :P

#74 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:12:46 PM(UTC)

As long as I can take him with me, leave him on my shelf, and send him out t do Rivals events :P

I hope you and B Wald realise that when I get angry I get fast - lookout for some more rivals action ;)

I blame the ants.
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:29:21 PM(UTC)

I hope you and B Wald realise that when I get angry I get fast - lookout for some more rivals action ;)

I did not know that, thank you for the heads up ;)

If you are looking for a rivals event, could you possibly do me a favor and drive my Corvette C2 RWD A-Class build on Nice-Massena Massena Sprint. I'd like to see how fast it can really go as it stands....

Anyway, back to the OT. People were asking for suggestions regarding the 370Z and the Mustang. For the Mustang, just try to maintain one long continues skill chain, by using the ramps to jump, drifting and using the cones and chainlink fencing to get high point wreckage skills.

As for the 370Z, your best bet is to practice the route in Private Free roam so there are no drivatars - there will still be traffic - and you can try various lines. The general principle is to attempt the highest speed zone entry speed you can because the two corners will slow you own a lot and it is more than likely you will not be going 100 at the finish. You want to enter quickly and maintain as much speed and momentum so that your average doesn't drop.

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:40:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error