16 Pages123>>Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:41:39 AM(UTC)

I'd like to start off by saying welcome to my gallery and thank you to everyone who stops by to have a look around. More so to those that leave a comment. Any bit of feedback is always appreciated.

My name is Apparently God and I am a Forza aficionado. I've been playing it since early Forza Motorsport 2 but haven't really been involved with the online community until recently. I consider myself to be a bit of a jack of all trades within the game, good at many things but master of none. I'm a pretty good grip racer, drifter, photographer and even a bit of a painter (I managed to snag a top design spot or two with the SL65). That being said, I would like to put some emphasis on the "master of none" part. I've checked out a number of galleries here in the media center and am thoroughly impressed by what I've seen. So here I am, hoping to pick up some new tips and techniques while sharing my progression throughout my forzatography career. I'd say I have a decent bit of experience, harking back to the days of Forza Motorsport 3, but I was never overly involved with the photography aspect of the series until just recently. There's always something new to learn or to see and what better place is there to be than right here?

Anyway, on to the media part of this thread. I think that this would be the perfect spot to share some of my more notable shots:

[FH2 WPC 1] Winner

[FH2 WPC 2] & [Word Association Game - Elegance] Winner

[FH2 WPC 12] Winner

[FH2 WPC 15] Winner

[FH2 WPC 20] Winner

[Morcs BBC - Aperture 100 Contest] First Place

[FH2 WPC 21] Winner

[F&F Launch Day T10 Pick]

[FH2 WPC 23] Winner

[F&F WPC 1] Winner

[F&F WPC 2] Winner

[FH2 WPC 26] Winner

[FH2 WPC 27] Winner

[Word Association Game - Still] Winner

[FH2 WPC 29] Winner

[Word Association Game - Evil] Winner

[FH2 WPC 31] Winner

[FH2 WPC 32] Winner

[Forza Showrooms Photo Contest - Gumball Week] Winner

[Flickr Explore - June 10th]

[FH2 WPC 33] Winner

[Word Association Game - Peek] Winner

Again, thank you for stopping by. My content updates and sets are posted fairly irregularly (my unexpected November/December hiatus being a prime example) but you can expect to see new content at an absolute minimum of once a week. It's usually more frequent than that, though.

I hope that this won't be your last visit to my gallery.

Enjoy!

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2015 4:11:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Refreshing the home page :)

British Columbia, Canada
-8:00 PST
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:45:44 AM(UTC)

[FH2 WPC 36] Entries

Hmm... No wins in a while. Hoping I can get back in the saddle with this trio. I'm also hoping to secure my first win with my favorite manufacturer but I haven't been to lucky so far :P

Cheers!

Edited by user Saturday, June 27, 2015 4:17:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Weekly Update

British Columbia, Canada
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:56:44 PM(UTC)
Tonight was a bit of a bust. I'm not overly pleased with these photos as a whole but both ended up having some very interesting qualities. It didn't help that I was half asleep and not paying full attention to the framing but at least they're better than the SLS set I was working on...

I absolutely love the lighting and weather effects in both pictures but I'm unimpressed at the framing and angles. Heres, to better luck tomorrow and a bigger batch!

Edited by user Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:44:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:21:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apparently God Go to Quoted Post

Photocomp2 Winner

Featured on the official @ForzaMotorsport twitter yesterday! #Awesome

British Columbia, Canada
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:45:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apparently God Go to Quoted Post

I really like this, it looks kind of mysterious.

Higher.Level -> Facebook // Instagram
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 4:14:23 PM(UTC)

Thanks Zedzillaaa, I was actually seriously contemplating calling the picture "Mist-erious" but thought that might be a bit much :) I really wish I could come across this kind of weather more often. It's a shame they didn't implement a weather/time control system for single player.

Anyway, here are some shots I took from last night:

You might just be able to tell which portion of the Zonda I prefer...
Well, that's all for now, I'll be editing the Reserved post and throwing up my contest entries later on!

British Columbia, Canada
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2014 9:53:22 PM(UTC)

Here's tonight's shots! I think I'm narrowing in on what photos I'm going to submit to the weekly competition but I'd like to hear some recommendations :)

British Columbia, Canada
#8 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 1:52:03 AM(UTC)

The Jag shot that won you the photocomp is stunning!
User is suspended until 6/2/2042 1:52:19 PM(UTC)
#9 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 2:09:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nights Viper Go to Quoted Post

The Jag shot that won you the photocomp is stunning!

+1 - Love it!

#10 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 2:13:57 AM(UTC)
Great start. I like the B/W F-Type and the last MC12 shots. Just beware of the vignette marks in the corners. Not very noticeable though..
Tier 9 - 14k points - Driving since 2010.
#11 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 6:50:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Furia636 Go to Quoted Post
Just beware of the vignette marks in the corners.

Thanks Viper, FF and Furia! I played around with the F-Type shot for quite a while before I eventually found that angle. It's such a beautiful car. As for the vignette, it's been such a pain! I don't notice it when taking the picture until it's on my computer. Also that MC12 shot was very annoying to setup due to sidewalk clutter but ended up having a very nice result. It's good to hear from all of you :)

Edited by user Monday, October 20, 2014 8:11:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 7:18:57 AM(UTC)
Wow dude, seriously this is crazy, i try and try to get results like this but is in another league!!!

The vertical Zonda/Moon shot is a work of art
#13 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:27:46 AM(UTC)
Much appreciated, Tuba! All I can say is practice makes perfect :) Just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll dial in on the settings and compositions. Don't be afraid to experiment with your shots, too!

British Columbia, Canada
#14 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 10:04:09 AM(UTC)
Gorgeous captures from top to bottom. Excellent job!
#15 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
Thanks Shadow :)

British Columbia, Canada
#16 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 1:33:42 PM(UTC)
Excellent gallery, loving the diversity of your shots. Great job.
#17 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 8:02:58 PM(UTC)
Thanks Devlin! I like to keep everything mixed up so that way none of the cars ever feel stale.

As for photos, none from tonight :O I did post my Photo Competition entries at least!
I got caught up in an online cops and robbers free roam. I'll make sure to get some shots for tomorrow, though.

Edited by user Monday, October 20, 2014 10:04:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:56:36 AM(UTC)
The last MC12 shot is gorgeous!
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:12:51 PM(UTC)
Much appreciated RandomDude!

Who's up for a bit of Octoberfest? Put down that stein and lederhosen, Oktoberfest has long passed but this month I decided to give some love to the cars from the Land of Chocolate (10 pts to whoever gets that reference0! Here's a generous taste of what I've come up with! :D

Edited by user Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:29:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:30:19 PM(UTC)
My favourite from your Tuesday update has to be shot number 2 for a few reasons. But the main two have to be the lighting and composition.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 9:39:59 PM(UTC)
Hello forums! I think this is my first post. I love your work Apparently God and wish you the best of luck. I thought I'd post some of my favorite shots that I've taken. I hope you like them.

Edited by user Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:16:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#22 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:42:00 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the comment and pick Pebb :) Good to hear from you!

It's very appreciated Koala! Thanks for sharing some of your shots. I particularly like the Huayra and XKR-S photos.

Edited by user Friday, October 24, 2014 6:52:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

British Columbia, Canada
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:16:51 PM(UTC)
Well, looks like I've gotta make up for missing a day. It might be a bit of a tall order but I hope these P1 shots will do...

...See what I did there? Anyway, have some more!

And a couple of extras :)

Harassing drivatars is surprisingly fun! (P.S. I will fix the glitched vertical shots :/ )

British Columbia, Canada
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 1:54:26 AM(UTC)
Pure unadulterated vertically induced P1 wizardry!!!!! No more needs to be said!
#25 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 10:43:41 AM(UTC)
Just sat in awe at your photos. Love the vertical ones, they look awesome! Love the lighting on the last P1 shot, looks like you've actually set up spot lights!
16 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error